AEP rate hike again
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Susie

Waco, KY

#1 Dec 29, 2011
How can we peacefully protest this uncalled for rate hike? Who could you contact with phone calls and letters? Does anyone know how much profit was made by KY power last year? Why should we have to pay for upgrades for EPA regulations? HELP !!!!!!!!
awake

Dana, KY

#2 Dec 29, 2011
Help is on the way, those who have in-slaved the population for so many years with ridicules taxes and over priced energy,oil,gas,etc. will soon be removed lawfully and peaceably. Long live the Republic, the constitution and the intentions of the founding fathers of this nation God Bless.
Coal Miner

Pikeville, KY

#3 Dec 29, 2011
You can't, sit down shut up and support coal or sit in the dark. The first way to do that is pay your electric bill and shut your fat hippie mouth!
Unfortunately its true

Charleston, WV

#4 Dec 29, 2011
Susie wrote:
How can we peacefully protest this uncalled for rate hike? Who could you contact with phone calls and letters? Does anyone know how much profit was made by KY power last year? Why should we have to pay for upgrades for EPA regulations? HELP !!!!!!!!
Remember Obama's famous words "electricity rates will necessarily have to rise". It's only way for the renewables to compete against coal.
old dude

Melvin, KY

#5 Dec 29, 2011
This latest rate hike is ENTIRELY Obama's doing. He has openly said that electricity rates will have to rise in order for his GREEN energy agenda to become profitable. Never mind that none of his green energy programs can produce anywhere near the electricity the country demands. His administration has directed the EPA to over reach their authority to slow down coal fired power plants and ultimately drive up their cost in order to make rates from them go so high no one can afford it thus putting them and the coal industry out of business. You people defending Obama need to wake up and vote Republican even if you have to hold your nose to do it.
Cruz Pedregon

Mchenry, IL

#6 Dec 29, 2011
Coal, it keeps the lights on if you can afford it...
Cruz Pedregon

Mchenry, IL

#7 Dec 29, 2011
Coal Miner wrote:
You can't, sit down shut up and support coal or sit in the dark. The first way to do that is pay your electric bill and shut your fat hippie mouth!
Yep, someone has to keep that OVERPAID miner working.. You don't actually expect him to get a real job do you
Obama Sucks

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 30, 2011
Cruz Pedregon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, someone has to keep that OVERPAID miner working.. You don't actually expect him to get a real job do you
Drawing a government crazy check is not considered a "real job".
Obama Sucks

Charleston, WV

#9 Dec 30, 2011
Cruz Pedregon wrote:
Coal, it keeps the lights on if you can afford it...
I'm going to buy me some of them solar panels so I can burn my lights during the daytime...
Subterfuge

Winchester, KY

#10 Dec 30, 2011
Susie wrote:
How can we peacefully protest this uncalled for rate hike? Who could you contact with phone calls and letters? Does anyone know how much profit was made by KY power last year? Why should we have to pay for upgrades for EPA regulations? HELP !!!!!!!!
Lets try a penny protest. Pay your power bill in all pennies. whatever the amount of your power bill is go to the bank and ask them for that many pennies. Send them in as your payment instead of the way you usually pay.
Reasoning

Richmond, KY

#11 Dec 30, 2011
Did anyone read the entire article or just the title? The rate increase won't take effect until the upgrades are installed and the Big Sandy plant is operational.
https://www.kentuckypower.com/info/news/viewR...

2nd paragraph: "The case seeks to recover the costs – which won’t be collected from customers until after the system is operational (sometime in 2016)"

Notice it also says SEEKS. Depending what is approved by the Commission, the full costs may or MAY NOT be completely recovered from the rate payers. This means no one knows what the increase will be.
Cruz Pedregon

Mchenry, IL

#12 Dec 30, 2011
Obama Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Drawing a government crazy check is not considered a "real job".
C'mon Miners are too proud to draw a check. The only other employment their qualified for is fast food....Scary!!!!

In the future we will see Bumper stickers that read"friends of cheeseburgers"... ha ha ha
mad as hell 3

Macon, GA

#13 Dec 30, 2011
Well ,why should there be a rate hike. KY POWER should pay for this up grade. Number one-- The last rate hike the power company gave KY a check for scholarship.Number two--KY POWER run tv ads.Number three -- KY POWER run a ads in local paper wishing a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year How can you have a good year when this company is using customers money to make there company look good.Last rate hike the KY POWER ,KY.PSC AND KY GOV. Was all happy at the mercy of the customers .
Thinking Man

Jackson, KY

#14 Dec 30, 2011
Cruz Pedregon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, someone has to keep that OVERPAID miner working.. You don't actually expect him to get a real job do you
Spoken by a true hater that clearly has never worked in a coal mine in their life. Go shovel belt line for 9 hours. Go bolt about 400 feet of top. Get your hands dirty helping build brattices all day. When the power at a coal mine goes out lets see you be the one to figure out what is wrong with the power and fix it. Then come back and tell me that miners are over paid. They deserve every dollar they make.
Cruz Pedregon

Mchenry, IL

#15 Dec 30, 2011
Thinking Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken by a true hater that clearly has never worked in a coal mine in their life. Go shovel belt line for 9 hours. Go bolt about 400 feet of top. Get your hands dirty helping build brattices all day. When the power at a coal mine goes out lets see you be the one to figure out what is wrong with the power and fix it. Then come back and tell me that miners are over paid. They deserve every dollar they make.
Ummm, That's why I have PEOPLE like "you"...To do that work for me...They're called employees, difference is "my" Employees don't sit around and CRY on the Interweb about how hard there job is...If you don't like it quit...
Coal Miner

Pikeville, KY

#16 Dec 30, 2011
Cruz Pedregon wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon Miners are too proud to draw a check. The only other employment their qualified for is fast food....Scary!!!!
In the future we will see Bumper stickers that read"friends of cheeseburgers"... ha ha ha
This.... Wins!
Jane

United States

#17 Dec 30, 2011
Cruz Pedregon wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon Miners are too proud to draw a check. The only other employment their qualified for is fast food....Scary!!!!
In the future we will see Bumper stickers that read"friends of cheeseburgers"... ha ha ha
Just no way possible you can be that ignorant. My Brothers worked in the mines, both are electricians, and could find a job anywhere. Being a miner means running a piece of heavy equipment. A lot of them are now METs or First responders, same training as firemen and ambulance personnel. Surface miners run heavy equipment every day. The same equipment they use for road construction and other jobs.
Cruz Pedregon

Mchenry, IL

#18 Dec 30, 2011
Jane wrote:
<quoted text>Just no way possible you can be that ignorant. My Brothers worked in the mines, both are electricians, and could find a job anywhere. Being a miner means running a piece of heavy equipment. A lot of them are now METs or First responders, same training as firemen and ambulance personnel. Surface miners run heavy equipment every day. The same equipment they use for road construction and other jobs.
Real coal miners don't push dirt, Cat already GPS programs in place to run heavy equipment..not to much longer before them boys will be asking if you, if you want fries with that order..
awake

Dana, KY

#19 Dec 30, 2011
for those of you to ignorant to figure this out on our own. Just who exactly is going to be buying those fries if coal dies so does 75% of all other businesses in this area who depend on coal miner money. and before you say thats not true get real no coal for this area will turn us into the next little ghost town like Jenkins ky. although i support coal and miners, i do not and will not support anyone who thinks they are better than the men or women working in fastfood to provide for there families if you think there job is so easy try it sometime. I would rather face the possibility of a mine cave-in any day than to put up with some of the people these fastfood workers deal with daily. i have worked fast food many years ago, and yes i have also worked in coal fastfood workers have it much worse.
miner

Richlands, VA

#20 Dec 30, 2011
Cruz Pedregon wrote:
<quoted text>
Real coal miners don't push dirt, Cat already GPS programs in place to run heavy equipment..not to much longer before them boys will be asking if you, if you want fries with that order..
Why dont you stick to the gay forums so you no what your talking about. By the way smart mouth a real miner and you will be drinking fries threw a straw.lmao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Patriot 171,817
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 16 min Patriot 39,929
Medicare 21 min Blind 25
family that turns against you (Feb '10) 22 min Sue 181
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 27 min Visitor Bob 27,134
medicad 27 min Get a job and clue 5
Word Association (Aug '11) 29 min Visitor Bob 8,078
Wreck on Chloe 20 hr That one person 3
What’s wrong with PMC? Tue Confidentiality 27

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages