Pikeville City Tire
I Agree

Mount Sterling, KY

#41 Aug 10, 2010
Disgruntled Customer wrote:
<quoted text>....Ain't it amazing how word spreads from so many different angles when you screw over someone? If they had done the right thing to start with, this topic would have never been started. All I wanted was for the "Pikeville City Tire" to be fair with me and all Hell breaks loose!I'm sure they have some dedicated customers that are repeat customers but, how many have been messed over just as I have been? I'm sure my son @ Pikeville College has told some of his friends about this incident. Replace my converters and I'm a happy camper!
Jeff Is a "CROOK". YOU BETTER STAY AWAY, HE IS SLICK.
INTO CARS

Winchester, KY

#42 Aug 10, 2010
maybe even wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it could have been his son that did this or had someone do it for him.
I just know mu husband caught someone trying to take is off his car. It was in the broad daylight our neighbor called and ask if anyone was supposed to be around it. The guy said he was checking the car out he thought it was for sale.
INTO CARS

Winchester, KY

#43 Aug 10, 2010
real wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly what they do at Team Mayo! They will tell you one price when they start and then raise the price when you get ready to pay for it. this happened to me twice. the first time I didn't say anything thought that maybe I might have just not heard right. but after the second time no way. I kept the paper where he showed me the price and then had to argue with him about the price. Even after I showed it to him he said no I didn't figure that like that. His employee donnie says he does that all the time and most of the time he gets away with it.
They are suppose to honor their quote unless they have to do extra work to it. My husband had to have a heater core (coil) however you say it he had a 99 GMC Jimmy at the time Rebel Tire told him they could do it in four hours for $100.00 but it took them around eight hours but they honored their price they quoted him.
Comeon

Elkhorn City, KY

#44 Aug 11, 2010
<quoted text>....Ain't it amazing how word spreads from so many different angles when you screw over someone? If they had done the right thing to start with, this topic would have never been started. All I wanted was for the "Pikeville City Tire" to be fair with me and all Hell breaks loose!I'm sure they have some dedicated customers that are repeat customers but, how many have been messed over just as I have been? I'm sure my son @ Pikeville College has told some of his friends about this incident. Replace my converters and I'm a happy camper!
Now you are disappointing me, this is a little bigger then just your converters, especially when taking advantage of the elderly in our community. Preying on the weakest for profit by pulling that crap about dealer only items. He would have bought the pump from a parts store and cheated 500 dollars out of one old lady. I would suggest you go ahead and contact the proper authorities about the removal of the converters and see if legal action can be brought against them. You could be helping a lot of elderly people in the process of helping yourself. These two bit garages have ripped people off for years and continue to do so. I'm sorry but nobody owes them a living, ripping off the elderly and unsuspecting customers is unacceptable and needs to be stopped now. I would hate to think I had to stoop to such levels to make a profit.
Comeon

Elkhorn City, KY

#45 Aug 11, 2010
INTO CARS wrote:
<quoted text> They are suppose to honor their quote unless they have to do extra work to it. My husband had to have a heater core (coil) however you say it he had a 99 GMC Jimmy at the time Rebel Tire told him they could do it in four hours for $100.00 but it took them around eight hours but they honored their price they quoted him.
And on top of that extra work has to be approved by you. They can not just come up and claim to have done more and expect to get paid for it. I dropped off a transmission to a local repair shop years ago to get a front pump put in, 75 dollars. Well went to pick it up and they claimed to have overhauled the entire thing and wanted around 500 dollars. I asked the gentleman what I requested to be done and he looked at the ticket and said a front pump replacement. H asked if I would pay the extra and I politely said no way. I left with my tranny and paid the original 75 dollar quote. In reality they probably didn't even overhaul the entire thing just tried to pull a fast one just like this place does and thought to get by with it because I was young, it didn't work.
INTO CARS

Winchester, KY

#46 Aug 11, 2010
Yes I agree with you if they find more wrong they are supposed to call you if they find anything else wrong and see what you want done. My first point being if they quote you a price they should honor it.They should check the vehicle out b4 quoting a price,
Just wrong

Anderson, SC

#47 Aug 11, 2010
Team Mayo will screw you faster than any place around here! Hubert the old man just doesn't care he will charge you higher for everything and then tries to justified it because everybody else sells junk! He tried to charge me $90 for a oil change on a 2000 silverado! I got it changed at the dealer for $30.

Since: Aug 10

Chesterfield, MO

#48 Aug 11, 2010
Thax Comeon for keeping my moms story going and yes everyone neeeds to do more to help the elderly in our community, if it weren't for those people we wouldn't be here at all.If everyone would do that it would be a better world I thinl. Would u want your mom or grandmother to be treated like he treated and tried to cheat mine. Don't think so.
thats bad

Manchester, KY

#49 Aug 11, 2010
I Hate Cheaters wrote:
Thax Comeon for keeping my moms story going and yes everyone neeeds to do more to help the elderly in our community, if it weren't for those people we wouldn't be here at all.If everyone would do that it would be a better world I thinl. Would u want your mom or grandmother to be treated like he treated and tried to cheat mine. Don't think so.
Jeff has no conscience..anyone that would do that doesnt deserve to be in business..but..karma is a [email protected]!

Chesterfield, MO

#50 Aug 11, 2010
Dam right!
Comeon

Elkhorn City, KY

#51 Aug 11, 2010
I Hate Cheaters wrote:
I Absolutely will not stand for it, not when they prey on innocent people like they are criminals. I came within second of tearing a bald headed man up at Layne Brothers once for not wanting to honor the warranty on new car y wife had bought. The owner looked me right in the eyes and said they weren't in the business of loaning cars when your new one is broken down. He made the mistake of thinking he would embarrass me in front of a lot of people. I spoke loudly and told everybody in the showroom that once you walked out the door they wouldn't piss on you and that not only wouldn't I ever buy another car from them, but never would own another Ford. And also assured the owner he wouldn't be in business long, especially with an attitude like his. Needless to say several potential customers left the place. And went they went under I laughed my rear end off, knew it was but a matter of time, same as with this place, you can only get by for so long before the word gets out and then you won't have any customers to steal from, or make up a bunch of charges for work that wasn't even done. The sign will read " No Longer in business" of course they will leave out the part about how they cheated so many customers they got a thread dedicated to them on topix. Sounds more and more like some drug addicts are involved, anything to steal a dollar to get another fix. But then I think that these small garages have always did this to people. but trying to swindle an old lady out of so much money for such a small repair is taking it to an entirely new level.

Chesterfield, MO

#52 Aug 11, 2010
I have got a friend that knows a few of those guys and he told me last night that they are all on pain pills for a fact 2 of them are. I think besise jeff getting his shit together he needs to check out who he hires more.
wow

Georgetown, KY

#53 Aug 11, 2010
I Hate Cheaters wrote:
My mother is 64 and she went up there and they told her that her power steering pump was out and Jeff said he would order one from the dealer because that was a dealer item. He told her he would call her in two days.Well 2 weeks later Me and Her went in their, he acted like he had never seen her before and she has done alot of business with him in the past.Well any way he called the dealer and told her the pump was 450.00 and labor was 250.00 or maybe a little higher! Well while Jeff was doing all of this, little did he know i was on my cell with one of my buddies that own a local parts store, well what do you know they had that same pump for 160.00 and another garage said labor would be 150.00, thats a 400.00 difference. And He knowing lied about the pump being a dealer item.And I also called that same dealer and they quoted me the same pump for 360.00 and his price was 450.00 he was making profit off that part,CHEATING MY MOM all the way. He has really pissed me of knowing and thinking about how many older people he has taking advantage of ,not counting just regular people like u or the next guy.We as citizens of Pike County need to start standing up for our peers and not letting people and businesses like Jeff's taki ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE NO MORE!!!
hey i hate to hear that. i had to quit going there cause of the high prices. the work was always good but if im going to pay dealer prices im going to take it to the dealership. now, that doesnt mean that because city isnt a dealership that i should expect them to give me a free ride....cause thats not gonna happen... maybe im wrong....i hope im wrong...but it seems like with autobahn shutting down there has been a lot more people discussing issues there. like i said i hate that, i hope things change we need all the local buisness's to support our economy.
Disgruntled Customer

Hindman, KY

#54 Aug 11, 2010
Comeon wrote:
<quoted text> I Absolutely will not stand for it, not when they prey on innocent people like they are criminals. I came within second of tearing a bald headed man up at Layne Brothers once for not wanting to honor the warranty on new car y wife had bought. The owner looked me right in the eyes and said they weren't in the business of loaning cars when your new one is broken down. He made the mistake of thinking he would embarrass me in front of a lot of people. I spoke loudly and told everybody in the showroom that once you walked out the door they wouldn't piss on you and that not only wouldn't I ever buy another car from them, but never would own another Ford. And also assured the owner he wouldn't be in business long, especially with an attitude like his. Needless to say several potential customers left the place. And went they went under I laughed my rear end off, knew it was but a matter of time, same as with this place, you can only get by for so long before the word gets out and then you won't have any customers to steal from, or make up a bunch of charges for work that wasn't even done. The sign will read " No Longer in business" of course they will leave out the part about how they cheated so many customers they got a thread dedicated to them on topix. Sounds more and more like some drug addicts are involved, anything to steal a dollar to get another fix. But then I think that these small garages have always did this to people. but trying to swindle an old lady out of so much money for such a small repair is taking it to an entirely new level.
...The name of the game is survival and people like "Pikeville City Tire" preys on inocent people by ripping them off to no end. They know they haf to recover money that they spend to stay in business so, they rip people off by charging them for things they didn't do. 100% proffit for whatever they do to one's vehicle. They took my converters off and put two straight pipes replacing them for $10.00 each and sold the converters for perhaps $300.00, plus they charged me several hundred dollars for a tune-up that I didn't get! That's more than 100%. People, think I was born yesterday but, I'm three weeks old now! come on, think about who you take yer vehicle to from now. I'm probably gonna stop with this topic now, unless I see reason to bounce back from something I feel need to. Momma says, life is life a box of chocolates. You never know what yer getting till you git inside. That's bout all I've got to say bout' that.
Curious

Macon, GA

#55 Aug 11, 2010
I had mine cut off when brand new. Made it run better, more power and it sounds better. Still have a muffler on it though and is not much louedr. Matter of fact still got the converter in the building.
What tha

Hindman, KY

#56 Aug 12, 2010
I Agree wrote:
<quoted text> Jeff Is a "CROOK". YOU BETTER STAY AWAY, HE IS SLICK.
.....The beatings will continue until morality returns!
Comeon

Elkhorn City, KY

#57 Aug 12, 2010
<quoted text>...The name of the game is survival and people like "Pikeville City Tire" preys on inocent people by ripping them off to no end. They know they haf to recover money that they spend to stay in business so, they rip people off by charging them for things they didn't do. 100% proffit for whatever they do to one's vehicle. They took my converters off and put two straight pipes replacing them for $10.00 each and sold the converters for perhaps $300.00, plus they charged me several hundred dollars for a tune-up that I didn't get! That's more than 100%. People, think I was born yesterday but, I'm three weeks old now! come on, think about who you take yer vehicle to from now. I'm probably gonna stop with this topic now, unless I see reason to bounce back from something I feel need to. Momma says, life is life a box of chocolates. You never know what yer getting till you git inside. That's bout all I've got to say bout' that.
I can see your point about giving it a rest, like beating on a dead horse. But we have to consider if this thread helps one person not get ripped off then it is time well spent. I can say with a lot of certainty that a lot of people read these forums and they will have second thoughts about going there. There is a difference in padding the bill a little and just flat out ripping people off. The older lady with the power steering pump is a perfect example. That was the same as robbing her, when you have to make up lies to convince a customer then I consider that theft by deception. I still think you should prosecute over the converters, being illegal to remove and install straight pipes. That is a federal law and I think they would pursue it to find out if others have been done the same way. Whoever is responsible would end up pulling a little time if they have done it to several people.
customer

Elkhorn City, KY

#58 Aug 12, 2010
What tha wrote:
<quoted text>.....The beatings will continue until morality returns!
I have been dealing with Jeff for at least 6 years and couldn't ask for better service or quality of work. They have been fair and honest with me and the prices are reasonable. I know several other people who deal with them and they feel the same way. You will never make me believe they are dishonest. Why don't you bring charges against them, if you can prove they are cheating you. I don't think you can.
sorry to inform

Macon, GA

#59 Aug 12, 2010
Comeon wrote:
<quoted text> I Absolutely will not stand for it, not when they prey on innocent people like they are criminals. I came within second of tearing a bald headed man up at Layne Brothers once for not wanting to honor the warranty on new car y wife had bought. The owner looked me right in the eyes and said they weren't in the business of loaning cars when your new one is broken down. He made the mistake of thinking he would embarrass me in front of a lot of people. I spoke loudly and told everybody in the showroom that once you walked out the door they wouldn't piss on you and that not only wouldn't I ever buy another car from them, but never would own another Ford. And also assured the owner he wouldn't be in business long, especially with an attitude like his. Needless to say several potential customers left the place. And went they went under I laughed my rear end off, knew it was but a matter of time, same as with this place, you can only get by for so long before the word gets out and then you won't have any customers to steal from, or make up a bunch of charges for work that wasn't even done. The sign will read " No Longer in business" of course they will leave out the part about how they cheated so many customers they got a thread dedicated to them on topix. Sounds more and more like some drug addicts are involved, anything to steal a dollar to get another fix. But then I think that these small garages have always did this to people. but trying to swindle an old lady out of so much money for such a small repair is taking it to an entirely new level.
First, Layne Brothers is still in business and has had the same owner Malcom Layne for serveral years. They are loated around Ivel in Floyd County. Second, if this topix is hurting City tire you would never know it. Cars are backed out to the highway and around the building. Been past there 6 or 8 times in the last two days and all the bays are full and lots of people waiting. Not rying to defend anyone, but each store has different overheads, if city tire quoted you a price and you found it somewhere elese at a lower price good for you. But you or I do not not the cost that City tire was having to pay for the part, his overhead, lights, rent, employees, etc. The business has to take all this into account. If the item were a dealer item as he said how much was the dealer charging him? Yes you are right it sounds higher but again what costs does he incur. Regardless of anything else he has to make a profit.
Comeon

Elkhorn City, KY

#60 Aug 12, 2010
sorry to inform wrote:
<quoted text>
First, Layne Brothers is still in business and has had the same owner Malcom Layne for serveral years. They are loated around Ivel in Floyd County. Second, if this topix is hurting City tire you would never know it. Cars are backed out to the highway and around the building. Been past there 6 or 8 times in the last two days and all the bays are full and lots of people waiting. Not rying to defend anyone, but each store has different overheads, if city tire quoted you a price and you found it somewhere elese at a lower price good for you. But you or I do not not the cost that City tire was having to pay for the part, his overhead, lights, rent, employees, etc. The business has to take all this into account. If the item were a dealer item as he said how much was the dealer charging him? Yes you are right it sounds higher but again what costs does he incur. Regardless of anything else he has to make a profit.
When you tell a customer that a part is dealer only that is pretty clear that it can't be bought at an auto parts store. His profit doesn't have one thing to do with lying to a customer about how he has to get the part. That profit and his overhead just comes in when you talk of charging a 500 bucks for a 160. dollar part. If you feel that is an acceptable profit then i would be inclined to say to your opinion is biased a little and there isn't much you wouldn't claim is fair for them to do to an elderly person. Preying on our elderly people is shameful, whether you want to admit it or not. I would hate to actually know somebody who thinks this sort of shameful dealing is appropriate. Once you factor in the theft of converters from under another persons vehicle which was supposed to be serviced and replacing them with straight pipes takes it to an entirely different level. The claim that it could have been done by an employee is about the sorriest excuse I have ever heard. Taking responsibility for your employees while they are on the clock is something every business must do. But to claim he ran to the auto parts store and bought straight pipes without anyone noticing is a bad case of the pretending. Customers lined out to the road, begging to give their money away? Sure they are. You should try to remember about all of us drive right by there daily. They might have to install a redlight for incoming traffic, lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 7,506
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 2 hr Uncle Tom 34,751
kent thacker is a jerk 4 hr tired of attitude 1
Ratt Meynolds 5 hr Pinrut 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr North Mountain 156,489
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 8,810
Impeach Trump 7 hr Hillarytards Are ... 109

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages