Another Pit Bull attack on a Child

Another Pit Bull attack on a Child

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Angry

Winchester, KY

#1 Jan 23, 2013
I wonder just how many will have to maimed or killed before the rest of the Country bans this Dog. Before we get started I do know poodles can attack too, but they don't destroy a child in the process. I live close to the idiots with all those Pit Bulls tied up on stakes in their yard. Place looks like a pig's sty with garbage everywhere. They must think the big bad dogs make them look tough. You can be sure when the first one that walks in my yard, well let's just say it will be the last steps it ever takes. I don't care if it is wagging its stub tail and rolls over.
Yankee

Marlton, NJ

#2 Jan 23, 2013
Angry wrote:
I wonder just how many will have to maimed or killed before the rest of the Country bans this Dog. Before we get started I do know poodles can attack too, but they don't destroy a child in the process. I live close to the idiots with all those Pit Bulls tied up on stakes in their yard. Place looks like a pig's sty with garbage everywhere. They must think the big bad dogs make them look tough. You can be sure when the first one that walks in my yard, well let's just say it will be the last steps it ever takes. I don't care if it is wagging its stub tail and rolls over.
It is the owners not the breed. There are thousands of pits that are gentle and kind. Damn the owners who destroy the temperment and turn these dogs vicious.
Petey

Prestonsburg, KY

#3 Jan 23, 2013
Angry wrote:
I don't care if it is wagging its stub tail and rolls over.


what a dumbazz...know the breed first.....stubtail....smh..... ..probally a boxer....as most owners of pits dont snip their tails.....do they look like Petey off Little Rascals? Petey was a pitbull....sounds like you have problems with your neighbors instead of the dogs.....
iown one

Richmond, KY

#4 Jan 23, 2013
Angry wrote:
I wonder just how many will have to maimed or killed before the rest of the Country bans this Dog. Before we get started I do know poodles can attack too, but they don't destroy a child in the process. I live close to the idiots with all those Pit Bulls tied up on stakes in their yard. Place looks like a pig's sty with garbage everywhere. They must think the big bad dogs make them look tough. You can be sure when the first one that walks in my yard, well let's just say it will be the last steps it ever takes. I don't care if it is wagging its stub tail and rolls over.
i rescued a pit bull puppy 2 years ago..i still have him and hes full grown..hes very gentle and plays with my kids ITS ALL HOW YOU RAISE AN ANIMAL! please dont blame the breed
BAN BSL

Georgetown, KY

#6 Jan 23, 2013
iown one wrote:
<quoted text>i rescued a pit bull puppy 2 years ago..i still have him and hes full grown..hes very gentle and plays with my kids ITS ALL HOW YOU RAISE AN ANIMAL! please dont blame the breed
Did you know that a couple of years ago a jack russel mauled and killed a child? Yep it happened in the state of Kentucky. Any dog can injure/kill anyone. I actually know a gorl who had to have her face reconstructed because a shihtzu attacked her. Breed does not matter. I have pit bulls amd have NEVER had an issue with them. Oh yeah, that is because i've raised them correctly. Breed selective legislation is murder based on incorrect facts. We can't start this here.
BAN BSL

Georgetown, KY

#7 Jan 23, 2013
BAN BSL wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that a couple of years ago a jack russel mauled and killed a child? Yep it happened in the state of Kentucky. Any dog can injure/kill anyone. I actually know a gorl who had to have her face reconstructed because a shihtzu attacked her. Breed does not matter. I have pit bulls amd have NEVER had an issue with them. Oh yeah, that is because i've raised them correctly. Breed selective legislation is murder based on incorrect facts. We can't start this here.
That wasn't meant to be a reply to you! It was to the original poster!
Angry

Winchester, KY

#8 Jan 23, 2013
Call it what you want, but when your child is dead from an attack you can holler it isn't the dog all you want. The thing is it is usually a neighbors child that gets killed. I'll be calling and pressing for prosecution of the owner, and hopefully legislation against this breed. This breed is the cause of more fatalities then any other breed. An isolated attack by a different breed isn't much of an argument.
Animal Instinct

Winfield, WV

#9 Jan 23, 2013
I remember back a few years ago on Chloe Ck. in Pike Co., a little girl was attacked in the face and just about died. They had to do numerous reconstructive surgeries on her face.
This dog belonged to man i know, who from Ohio down in Pike Co. visiting friends and family. When he pulled into the driveway, him and the dog got out, and the little girl came running to meet him. The dog was a very gentle dog but something that day triggered the dog to attack the little girl.
You can`t blame the breed of the dog as the other posters stated. You can blame the owners sometimes for the way they raised the dog, but who knows what triggers things in animals. We are yet to figure out what triggers the crazy actions of humans sometimes.
Animal Instinct

Winfield, WV

#10 Jan 23, 2013
I`m sorry, the dog above was a German Shepherd. That was the meaning of my post, it`s not the breed always.
Early Cuyler

Whitesburg, KY

#11 Jan 23, 2013
To all those defending pitbulls. I agree to some extent when you say it's the owner, but, the percentage of attacks by pitbulls verses other breeds are way out of wack. If the percentage was all equal it would be no doubt it was all the owners fault, but there is no doubt some of the blame lies with the breed, otherwise the stats would be more evenly based.
Katie

Wheelwright, KY

#13 Jan 23, 2013
We can only imagine how terrifying and painful this must have been for this little ten year old girl. I pray she does not lose sight in an eye (which is a possibility according to what I read in the newspaper today), and that she recovers well from her injuries.
hey

Versailles, KY

#14 Jan 23, 2013
Where was her so called parents,,Wasnt it their dog? probably the Keeneys
joe

Ashland, KY

#15 Jan 23, 2013
anyone know who the dog belonged to?
drdrtgg

Elkhorn City, KY

#16 Jan 23, 2013
My brother was attacked by a neighbors beagle, with one bite it tore his face from his cheek bone/ear to his chin. He nearly bled to death before arriving at the hospital. The scar is terrible, even after multiple surgeries. He's a recluse now because he cant stand the looks people give him.
My first cousin was attacked by a Cur dog on his way back from playing basketball down road with our friends. The dog nearly took his throat out, his face was torn from his nose to his lips.
I was there to help mend their wounds, I've cried with them and tried to be their best friend. I've seen the horrors of dog attacks first hand.The only dogs I condemn are those that have proven themselves bad.
With that said, Angry you are a moron.
Doggone

Ransom, KY

#17 Jan 24, 2013
I happened to read the paper. The people tried to get in touch with the ANIMAL SHELTER the same shelter that has had so many changes in administration noone knows who is in charge... Last I remember wasn't it Deputy Judge Executive John Doug Hays said "its our baby" if this is the case why doesn't he make sure someone is avalible at all hours to address concerns... Take some of that high dollar salary money the fiscal court makes off the tax payers to employee some reliable animal control officers. As for the dog I've owned "Pits" specifically an American bull terrier and she never offered to turn on me... At birth a dog doesn't understand the words "sick him/her" that is something taught I do not care what breed it is... Dogs don't come into this world with the intent to attack. Granted someone is going to disagree with me and I appreciate that you do. But somewhere along the line the truth is the Administration of the Pike County Animal Shelter needs to be held accountable for their substandard staffing.
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#18 Jan 24, 2013
I own a 2 year old pit & he is the biggest baby. He would never hurt anyone. It just really pisses me off when dumbas* people want to blame the breed! Just like someone said earlier if this attck hadn't been by a pitbull it wouldn't have made front page of a paper or been on the news. I can tell people one thing if someone tries to take my dog from me or tell me I can't have him, they better be ready for one hell of a fight!! I really wish people wouldn't be so stupid!!! & to the person that said pitbulls have more attacks where did you find these numbers???? I have some that say otherwise.
Just he Facts

Martin, KY

#19 Jan 24, 2013
rose-rosey

Clay City, KY

#20 Jan 24, 2013
I have couple of pits my self.... I also have a 5 yr old that has grown up with them an been around them ever since she was born...They have never growled jump or barked at her...My dogs are the biggest babies, listen to every word..I am not mean to them at all, the have never been mistreated or fought....Pits bulls are mean because of the person they are with, just like any other breed....We were in lexington about 2 yrs ago an they was a little boy about 6 that was malled by 2 english bulldogs...His face was about torn off...An i know that others breeds can damgae u just the same..Dont talk about the breed if u have never had one..If u raise them to be mean then they will be mean... an thats really the main problems with alot of people treating their dogs, any breed of dog
tigger

United States

#21 Jan 24, 2013
You are right my question is what was going on to make the other child sick the dog on her friend?where were the parents?
One attacked me

Whitesburg, KY

#22 Jan 24, 2013
Every single pibull on this planet needs to be rounded up and exterminated. You idiots need to stop defending this worthless monster breed. They all need to die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bank 253 Gang Bang 42 min tell us 4
Daughters Jealous Of There Mother 58 min Word proper 3
The Gospel Redemmers 1 hr Lol 62
Where is all the coal jobs geniuses, but the po... 1 hr Gerald 1
Housing authority drug use 1 hr Gojo 4
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 1 hr destroy the swamp 4,769
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr IND 36,753
Pam May Thu Mickeypicky 33

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages