What's mitch McConnell done for coal,...
uninformed idiot

United States

#24 Jul 20, 2014
Funny you talk about democratic spending. Bill Clinton solved this problem and we actually were running a surplus when he left. 8 years of Duh-bya later and the country is in shambles and fucktards like Mitch stand in the way of the democrats trying to correct it.

It's a lot more than just tax breaks for the top 1%, it's also foolish things like blocking a raise in minimum wage that republitards are doing for the top 1% too.

Every single thing republitards do is aimed to make the top 1% richer, make the middle class smaller, and kick the lower class into poverty and keep those already in poverty from ever bettering themself.

Also in a nutshell, anything supported by a democrat is automatically opposed by republitards without even knowing what it is.
Dumbo Ears is a Dumbo

Lithonia, GA

#25 Jul 20, 2014
uninformed idiot wrote:
Funny you talk about democratic spending. Bill Clinton solved this problem and we actually were running a surplus when he left. 8 years of Duh-bya later and the country is in shambles and fucktards like Mitch stand in the way of the democrats trying to correct it.
It's a lot more than just tax breaks for the top 1%, it's also foolish things like blocking a raise in minimum wage that republitards are doing for the top 1% too.
Every single thing republitards do is aimed to make the top 1% richer, make the middle class smaller, and kick the lower class into poverty and keep those already in poverty from ever bettering themself.
Also in a nutshell, anything supported by a democrat is automatically opposed by republitards without even knowing what it is.
Raising the minimum wage raises the price of goods and services. People think they are getting something but they are not. Who pays in the end? We do.
uninformed idiot

United States

#26 Jul 20, 2014
Well isn't that sweet, too bad it's wrong. Minimum wage has nothing to do with price points. Price is determined by supply and demand. If minimum wage goes up, and a merchant or supplier of a product try to raise the price of their goods, they go off of the supply/demand curve and sales plummet. It's a proven fact, check out economics 101. Also I recommend checking prices of the same goods in states with a locally higher minimum wage as compared to states that are covered under the federal minimum wage.

Prices are relatively the same, and the economies of the states with a higher minimum wage is much more healthy.

I suggest doing a little research next time before you post so that you have a clue what you are talking about.
Johnny

Virgie, KY

#27 Jul 20, 2014
I have said it a million times , when a smart democrat debates a smart republican and he is a reasonable person, not one that rattles on about blacks , and queers and so on , the republican usually figures it out and realizes they where democrats all along, and finally see the light. A republican can't compete with a democrat on the issues for all Americans , except the one percent , and that's where the republicans win hands down. It's unbelievable that forty percent of this country is that mis- informed and votes to hurt themselves. God bless the middle class.!!!!!
Johnny Sux Cox

Berlin, Germany

#28 Jul 21, 2014
Anyone that would support a liberal Democrat and vote Democrat has to be a qu eer lover.So John Boy I guess you love eating them big ole tube steaks on a regular basis q-boy.
Billy

Northfield, OH

#29 Jul 21, 2014
uninformed idiot wrote:
Democrats trying to correct it ,,,,????,, YOUR FUNNY ,,,, The problem started with Bill Clinton,,,, Bill gave this countries jobs away with NAFTA and letting China in on the WTO ,,,, World Trade Organization ,,,, Jobs left here with a Giant Sucking sound as Ross Perot put it

And the Smart Ideals the Democrats have to fix the problem is More Tax on the Working to hand out Unemployment and SSI to the poor who's Jobs went to China

How about we just get our Jobs back ??,,, That's the Best Ideal I see

Bill Clinton was smart on the WTO,,,, He waited until his 2nd term was about up before he signed the WTO,,,,,, This was to help his Friends at Wal Mart,,,, Bill and the Waltons are all from Arkansas,,,, Hillary was on the board of Directors

Yes I use to blame Bush Jr for the Collapse,,,,,, it took a while for the dust to settle but looking back ,,, Clinton Done it late in his term and the jobs leaving here fell in Bushes lap

I voted for Bill Both times he was in office ,,, but i changed parties last November,,, I'll never vote for another Democrat ,,,,

I'm not an Atheist,, I'm not a Communist ,, I'm Not Gay , I'm Not a Muslim and I'm Not a Free Loader

So the Democrat Party don't fit me anymore

This is Not your Parents Democrat Party anymore ,,,,

just for fun

Virgie, KY

#30 Jul 21, 2014
Good post Billy
BCB

Winchester, KY

#31 Jul 21, 2014
some of you sad little people.will never understand who or what is in your intrest.thats why we have we must have Elections.yea i hear you say.im not queer.i belive in work. an small Government.well most belive it or not belive the same way you do.now do you really think that political party.will change this for you.if you do i have ocean front property.to sell you.when i hear a leading senator.of any party or any state tells me.that his or her.whole Agenda.is to see that a president.of this nation fails.no matter what party.Rep Dem IND.i personaly am compleatly done with him or her.theres nothing more that i need to know about them.good or bad.we are done period.i want my nation.to always prosper.no matter what party. Thank You.for reading.
Johnny

Martin, KY

#32 Jul 21, 2014
That's crazy Billy, you can have your own opinions but not your own facts. Bush was in office for over seven years after Clinton , then it collapsed . In those seven and a half years bush changed everything. You actually believe he left bills policies in place for over seven. More years. Get real, and nafta and china are still around and the economy is getting better, and don't say it's not , I went on vacation and it was packed in Florida . You couldn't hardly get a room , even had to wait to get gas , restaurants was backed out the doors, somebody is spending money. If the republicans didn't have a death wish for the country , so they could win back the white house , the republicans have fought everything, because as McConnell said, there number one job was to make Obama a one term president , and they have hurt the recovery, any way they can. I love the commercial when he says the war on coal ends now, can you believe he acts like he has not been around for thirty years. Why don't he get some of these countries his wife deals with to buy our coal, it's election time . He will lose because he doesn't care about normal people. I want a republican to win that way people can get a taste, and remind people of what it's like under their policies.
Billy

Manchester, KY

#33 Jul 21, 2014
Johnny wrote:
That's crazy Billy, you can have your own opinions but not your own facts. Bush was in office for over seven years after Clinton , then it collapsed . In those seven and a half years bush changed everything. You actually believe he left bills policies in place for over seven. More years. Get real, and nafta and china are still around and the economy is getting better, and don't say it's not , I went on vacation and it was packed in Florida . You couldn't hardly get a room , even had to wait to get gas , restaurants was backed out the doors, somebody is spending money. If the republicans didn't have a death wish for the country , so they could win back the white house , the republicans have fought everything, because as McConnell said, there number one job was to make Obama a one term president , and they have hurt the recovery, any way they can. I love the commercial when he says the war on coal ends now, can you believe he acts like he has not been around for thirty years. Why don't he get some of these countries his wife deals with to buy our coal, it's election time . He will lose because he doesn't care about normal people. I want a republican to win that way people can get a taste, and remind people of what it's like under their policies.
No its Not Crazy ,,,, I was there and remember it well,,,,, Some things Bush couldn't change and one was the WTO,,,,, and by the way,,,, I didn't care much for Bush Jr either

By 2002 2003 factories were closing because of the WTO and jobs leaving the US...
I know for a fact,,,, I was going to Ohio to the auctions where the plants were being shut Down and i was buying Equipment

Bush Sr started the mess by signing a treaty on NAFTA ,,, Clinton signed it into law his 1st term

At the end of Clintons 2nd term he Signed China into the WTO

Just go to Wal Mart and se how many items that you can find thats Made in USA

Crazy is the Government giving our jobs away,,,,,

You tell me another reason Jobs were leaving here and plants were closing

I'll listen

uninformed idiot

United States

#34 Jul 21, 2014
Funny I have made a few posts on here that have been deleted, I guess they made too much sense and Mitch didn't like them. He must be able to pull some topix strings too.

CMN

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#35 Jul 21, 2014
To be fair, there is no one in any party that can do anything for the coal business. Coal is no longer a viable commodity in the modern world...it is dead. Sorry, you are just going to have to face it and turn your energies into finding productive alternatives to creating jobs and lifestyle in your area. A first step in that pursuit would be to rid yourself of Mitch. He is an obstructionist and would be of no benefit should you develop a new working plan for creating jobs and bringing industries to KY. He would certainly do anything in his power to prevent any forward progress in the economy overall only for that reason that has been his mantra these past six years.....thwart the efforts of Obama. Surely, you want to get rid of the do nothings but take the pay members of Congress and elect those who want to work to get our country back on track after six years of neglect and obstinance......which has been a detriment to America on so many levels. Probably Grimes is your best bet.
uninformed idiot

United States

#36 Jul 21, 2014
Absolutely CNN, we have known since the early 80s that coal was going to go away. It's amazing it took this long. Mitch has had 30 years to bring diversity to the area so it wouldn't destroy our economy when coal died. He did nothing other than take bribes from big business.
Billy

Manchester, KY

#37 Jul 21, 2014
To Be Fair,,,,,,There was One in One Party that Declared War on Coal

What did he say ???,,, Build them and i'll shut them down ??

Just being Fair
my names johnny

Logan, WV

#38 Jul 21, 2014
Billy wrote:
To Be Fair,,,,,,There was One in One Party that Declared War on Coal
What did he say ???,,, Build them and i'll shut them down ??
Just being Fair
Actually if you want to be fair and truthful, you would do a little research and see what was said by Obama, he did not say he would shut them down, he said he would bankrupt the owners.

Well

Martin, KY

#39 Jul 21, 2014
uninformed idiot wrote:
Your name explains your ignorance!
Johnny

Melvin, KY

#40 Jul 21, 2014
He didn't have too , the big shots hung coal years ago . Natural gas, super high prices, the weather , and unreliable delivery of coal . All these factors played a part, and not to mention that they would shut the mines down before they would mine it responsible. Example they are making a million dollars a year, and have to spend thirty thousand to be in compliance, them jerks would let men get laid off before they would get in compliance. And then they would scream obame , permits anything , to hide what scoundrels they are. Coal operators have a deserved reputation, and love to lay blame on others. And here is the best of the war on coal lie. Why are some mines buying everything , other mines . Somebody explain to me how if the war is so bad why are some local mines around here booming. Just a reminder that there is alot of factors to coal , not just one thing.
uninformed idiot

San Mateo, CA

#41 Jul 21, 2014
Some speak as if what's happening with the coal industry is shocking and unexpected. We have known since the mid 80s it was coming. Then when it finally happens instead of pointing the finger of blame at those that did absolutely nothing to prepare for it and grow a diverse economy, some are ignorant enough to blame the EPA and president that are doing the RIGHT things for every one by moving to cleaner, more efficient, newer technology. Coal does not need to be saved!!!! It's had it's time.

I wonder if there was this much whining and crying by the horse and buggy industry when Henry ford started manufacturing automobiles?

Yes we are in bad shape, our local economy is in shambles. That's not obamas fault, it's not the EPAs fault. Face the reality that the blame belongs solely on the shoulders of our would be leaders for the last 30 years that have sat back, collected a hefty salary paid for by the sweat of our workers, and done absolutely nothing to prepare for what we are experiencing now.

Ps

My posting name was my way of addressing people such as you "well".

I have given rock solid facts and knowledge with my posts. What can you contribute?
Dumbo Ears is a Dumbo

Fort Worth, TX

#42 Jul 22, 2014
uninformed idiot wrote:
Some speak as if what's happening with the coal industry is shocking and unexpected. We have known since the mid 80s it was coming. Then when it finally happens instead of pointing the finger of blame at those that did absolutely nothing to prepare for it and grow a diverse economy, some are ignorant enough to blame the EPA and president that are doing the RIGHT things for every one by moving to cleaner, more efficient, newer technology. Coal does not need to be saved!!!! It's had it's time.
I wonder if there was this much whining and crying by the horse and buggy industry when Henry ford started manufacturing automobiles?
Yes we are in bad shape, our local economy is in shambles. That's not obamas fault, it's not the EPAs fault. Face the reality that the blame belongs solely on the shoulders of our would be leaders for the last 30 years that have sat back, collected a hefty salary paid for by the sweat of our workers, and done absolutely nothing to prepare for what we are experiencing now.
Ps
My posting name was my way of addressing people such as you "well".
I have given rock solid facts and knowledge with my posts. What can you contribute?
So is it coal thats so bad or coal mining? The US is on track to Import more coal this year than ever before. Thats like selling ice to eskimos.
Republicans Are Stupid

Shelbiana, KY

#43 Jul 22, 2014
Dumbo Ears is a Dumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
So is it coal thats so bad or coal mining? The US is on track to Import more coal this year than ever before. Thats like selling ice to eskimos.
More BS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min ChromiuMan 166,300
Industrial Park 30 min rod 38
why are husbands so hateful to thier wives (Jul '11) 1 hr No Nags Needed 68
Robert E. Lee, The Real Hero!! 1 hr texas pete 24
Ray Ray still has his magic 3 hr Amy 34
how things had turned a round 7 hr thinking out loud 7
What is the story about the Creekmore (Lowe) Ma... (Jan '10) 7 hr Jane46137 28
Keith Justice for Pike Co. sheriff (Oct '09) Wed Plead Guilty 82

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages