What's mitch McConnell done for coal,...
Leroy

London, KY

#2602 Sep 4, 2014
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for putting the blame where it belongs - on the rich mine owners. Someone needs to care more about the coal miners and other workers and less about the profits of the rich and negligent owners who have not provided either adequate safety or adequate salaries - or adequate job security either, since people can be replaced by machinery and different mining methods.
The fracking process has also contributed to the decline of coal useage, and people need to raise more questions about the dangers of methane gas and about the dangers of water pollution and even possible causing of small earthquakes as a result of fracking.
Research on clean coal would be a good thing - if people would just do it quickly and wait to use the coal supply until a clean coal method is found.
Sustainable energy sources, energy conservation, and energy efficiency are the answers worldwide. But displaced workers need to be immediately retrained and put to work in these areas of production and maintanance. The more small scale, dispersed, and locally (and even individually) controlled these methods are, the better - thus creating jobs all over the country, and all over the world, and reducing threats from cyberterrorists who might try to disrupt the grid.
Sounds Great! What would be your timeline for creating all these clean jobs, retraining mine workers, creating the jobs for these retrained workers, and slapping around these rich mine owners who follow federal regulations or get shut down?
Truthet

Madisonville, KY

#2603 Sep 4, 2014
Leroy wrote:
<quoted text>So...What does the answer to this question have to do with McConnell?
What's your post got to do with the one I was replying to ?
excuse me

Central City, KY

#2604 Sep 4, 2014
The Republican wrote:
that thar woman don't need to be in any political office. the only place a woman should be is home taking care of her master and HIS castle. all this womens lib bull crap is what is wrong with this country today, a woman shouldn't even be allowed to vote and dang sure shouldn't be able to hold any kind of political office. heck women shouldn't even be allowed to speak unless her master tells her to. i'm voting for Mitch the only true candidate for the office. It's time we put women back where they belong....THE KITCHEN!!!
Sorry sir, but most of us women HAVE to work.
Huh

London, KY

#2605 Sep 4, 2014
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
We are mostly Democrats in WV so if we play our card right we can vote in ky and WV both. Blacks in the big cities vote in different precients every election. You just have to be brave and if you vote Democrat you can rest assured you can stay out of prison. How you think Obama won Ohio and Flordia, we had our Blacks vote numerous times in the big cities of these states?
Live in your own little world there, don't ya....
Truth

Paintsville, KY

#2606 Sep 4, 2014
Truthet wrote:
<quoted text>can you name one thing about the economy that is worst now than when Bush left ?
honey, sweetheart, does your car run on water? Groceries up 27.3% gasoline nearly double for starters and the poor blacks unemployment is 3% higher since old Bush left office, Don't have time but could list several more.
takealook

Lancaster, OH

#2607 Sep 4, 2014
Doesn't "Mitch the Biotch", look like a turtle head without the shell? Reminds me of the old Buggs Bunny cartoon, the turtle and the heir!
Another Vet

Elizabethtown, KY

#2608 Sep 4, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
honey, sweetheart, does your car run on water? Groceries up 27.3% gasoline nearly double for starters and the poor blacks unemployment is 3% higher since old Bush left office, Don't have time but could list several more.
As the Dow Jones goes so does oil prices. When GW was in office the DJ was at 7500 and oil was at about $80.00 per barrel. Now that the DJ is at 17000 and the oil is at $93.50. The way I was taught math that is still lower. Groceries are up but I guess you have not gotten a raise since 2008? By what you are saying farmers do not deserve more. By the way I saw gas at $4.549 per gallon in 2007. Who was in office then....hum...OH that is right GW himselft. And Unemployment is much lower than it has been and jobs are being created every day---except that Mitch does not want to help here in Kentucky.
disgusted

Staffordsville, KY

#2609 Sep 4, 2014
Uninformed idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
If a failed background check prevents you from buying a gun then you are not a law abiding citizen, but instead either a common criminal, or a reformed criminal. In either case you should not have a gun.
I have a gun not for hunting. I can and did pass a background check but we don't need them to be harder. Criminals get any kind of gun they want. I want to be able to out do any criminal. Guns aren't just for hunting. Protection is what I want. We don't need anymore gun control just enforce what we have.
say

Louisville, KY

#2610 Sep 4, 2014
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for putting the blame where it belongs - on the rich mine owners. Someone needs to care more about the coal miners and other workers and less about the profits of the rich and negligent owners who have not provided either adequate safety or adequate salaries - or adequate job security either, since people can be replaced by machinery and different mining methods.
The fracking process has also contributed to the decline of coal useage, and people need to raise more questions about the dangers of methane gas and about the dangers of water pollution and even possible causing of small earthquakes as a result of fracking.
Research on clean coal would be a good thing - if people would just do it quickly and wait to use the coal supply until a clean coal method is found.
Sustainable energy sources, energy conservation, and energy efficiency are the answers worldwide. But displaced workers need to be immediately retrained and put to work in these areas of production and maintanance. The more small scale, dispersed, and locally (and even individually) controlled these methods are, the better - thus creating jobs all over the country, and all over the world, and reducing threats from cyberterrorists who might try to disrupt the grid.
Cyber terriosts almost shot missles everywhere but a unknown source stopped it.some say aliens.but the internet is horrible just signing on means you support terriosts
say

Louisville, KY

#2611 Sep 4, 2014
takealook wrote:
Doesn't "Mitch the Biotch", look like a turtle head without the shell? Reminds me of the old Buggs Bunny cartoon, the turtle and the heir!
the turtle won freak
well

Langley, KY

#2612 Sep 4, 2014
jan wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone know what group she is involved with we need to bring this out !!!!
Mitch's wife serves on the board of directors of Bloomberg Philanthropies, an organization that has donated 50 million dollars to the anti coal Sierra Club, whose "Beyond Coal" campaign is an ongoing effort to shut down more coal fired plants in Ky.
Truth

Paintsville, KY

#2613 Sep 4, 2014
Grimes works for Obama wrote:
<quoted text>How will you vote for Grimes from West Virginia? You have to be a Ky resident to vote in Ky. Nice try, liberal liar!
No if you vote Democrat you can cross state line and vote in both states. Just tell them the Clerk missed up and they are not going to deny your right to vote. It happens all the time and it's not your fault you are not on their books as a registered voter. They tell them they will call Obama's attorney general Holder on them.
Truthet

Madisonville, KY

#2614 Sep 4, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>honey, sweetheart, does your car run on water? Groceries up 27.3% gasoline nearly double for starters and the poor blacks unemployment is 3% higher since old Bush left office, Don't have time but could list several more.
I hear Teapubs talk about gas prices up being a bad economic sign. Honey , Dumbdumb gas prices up is a sign of the economy doing better. Last time gas was below $2/gal 750,000 Americans per month were losing their jobs and car makers were going bankrupt.
Sue

Ashland, KY

#2615 Sep 4, 2014
Truthet wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your post got to do with the one I was replying to ?
RIGHT!!!! But he should tell this devil government that's what he want women to do. I'll back him up all the way! I would love to stay home and cook, take care of my kids. I hate someone else taking care of my family. Men don't make enough now days for women to do that thou . It would be a pure luxury.
Point Man

Johnson City, TN

#2616 Sep 4, 2014
Truthet wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear Teapubs talk about gas prices up being a bad economic sign. Honey , Dumbdumb gas prices up is a sign of the economy doing better. Last time gas was below $2/gal 750,000 Americans per month were losing their jobs and car makers were going bankrupt.
You are a complete IDIOT! PROVE IT!
takealook

Lancaster, OH

#2617 Sep 4, 2014
say wrote:
<quoted text>the turtle won freak
But he does look like a turtle!!!!!!
Worried

Frankfort, KY

#2618 Sep 4, 2014
If the republicans don't take the senate this country is done.
Toyota Worker

Winchester, KY

#2619 Sep 4, 2014
Big rig 71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget corporations usually employ hundreds or thousands of people...JOBS..What have you done or how many people have you given jobs..You know TOYOTA IN GEORGETOWN AND HITACHI IN BEREA HAVE BOTH COME UNDER MITCH..
Steve Beshear brought these Jobs to Kentucky, not Mitch he wanted to send them to China, Vote Democrat to keep Jobs in Kentucky.
say

Louisville, KY

#2620 Sep 4, 2014
takealook wrote:
<quoted text>
But he does look like a turtle!!!!!!
Haha zeus srood on the back of a turtle to withstand the weight of the earth.mitch kills the earth and implodes vaginas
say

Louisville, KY

#2621 Sep 4, 2014
smiley face

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min Traveler 149,020
Low life's with new cars and four wheelers !! ... 1 hr Discouraged 7
Pikeville bingo shutdown 4 hr mus tard 3
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 4 hr One Eyed Willy 2,266
News Pike Co. furloughs 19 7 hr Power Circle Control 20
expo another epic fail 8 hr Elitest Pikeville 21
Buffalo Wild Wings is open 8 hr zero 23
Island Creek shooting Wed legal eagle 142

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages