Eric Conn Named In Federal Case
Blind

Kermit, WV

#26 Feb 20, 2013
I agree!! All cases awarded by daughtery should be reviewed, and the review should be paid for by Eric conn!!! Not our tax dollars!!! Looks like Eric needs to find a buyer for his Lincoln statue to cover these expenses... Too bad the made in thiland POS is rotting to the ground and falling apart :/
Just My Opinion

Alexandria, VA

#27 Feb 20, 2013
For your info wrote:
<quoted text>
United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Kentucky Kerry Harvey has a conflict in criminally prosecuting Conn. You see, Harvey worked as General Counsel for the Cabinet for Health and Family Services which is administers the disability program so was likely on notice from that position before being assigned Federal Prosecutor that Conn was defrauding the government.
And that's why Conn is not currently being criminally prosecuted and why Harvey kept asking for more time from the Federal Judge to decided whether the intervene.
Help me here, the former judge was a resident of WV when the alleged wrongdoing occurred. The ODAR office in question is in WV where the claims were administered. Why couldn't the criminal case be brought in WV if laws have been broken. Or why couldn't another KY US attorney be appointed. It gives the appearance to one not trained in the law that the government has a weak criminal case.
Answer

Kermit, WV

#28 Feb 20, 2013
The lawyer was in KY, more than 95% of the clients were from KY and the cases were decided and heard in KY.. The judge lives and works in WV where the ODAR office is but WV judges cover the eastern KY district of those seeking disability... The hearing office is in prestonsburg, KY next to the social security administration.. The lawyer is only legally allowed to practice in KY he is not licensed in any other state.
Answer

Kermit, WV

#29 Feb 20, 2013
redridinghood wrote:
Nope...that totally wasn't me...I was just as confused as you always are. Besides, my grammar/spelling/punctuation would never be that atrocious.
Is this the same redridinghood that was in the prestonsburg forum last month that got caught having sex with the married attorney that work for conn? Just wondering...
redridinghood

Harold, KY

#30 Feb 20, 2013
Gawd yes!

Only no one was "caught," only accused and then dragged through the mud by a horde of vindictive, spiteful women...a lot like the situation here only on a smaller scale.

Funny how pathetic it all looks when you shrink it down to it's actual size.
Just My Opinion

Alexandria, VA

#31 Feb 20, 2013
Answer wrote:
The lawyer was in KY, more than 95% of the clients were from KY and the cases were decided and heard in KY.. The judge lives and works in WV where the ODAR office is but WV judges cover the eastern KY district of those seeking disability... The hearing office is in prestonsburg, KY next to the social security administration.. The lawyer is only legally allowed to practice in KY he is not licensed in any other state.
So then another US Attorney cannot be appointed in KY?

And it's been my understanding that an attorney doesn't have to be licensed in the state where the SSA hearings are held. Some attorneys fly all over the country to handle these cases. Surely they aren't members of the bar in all these different states.

But thanks for trying to clear this up for me. Maybe I'm making it too complicated.
Sitka, KY

#32 Feb 20, 2013
Seems like karma to me
Sitka, KY

#33 Feb 20, 2013
Seems like karma to me
haeoR

Wheelwright, KY

#34 Feb 20, 2013
Blind wrote:
I agree!! All cases awarded by daughtery should be reviewed, and the review should be paid for by Eric conn!!! Not our tax dollars!!! Looks like Eric needs to find a buyer for his Lincoln statue to cover these expenses... Too bad the made in thiland POS is rotting to the ground and falling apart :/
well it would sure clear topix up if those deadbeat fraudulent check drawers lost there dole.no internet for them
Wrong

Kermit, WV

#35 Feb 20, 2013
redridinghood wrote:
Gawd yes!
Only no one was "caught," only accused and then dragged through the mud by a horde of vindictive, spiteful women...a lot like the situation here only on a smaller scale.
Funny how pathetic it all looks when you shrink it down to it's actual size.
Now now Becky.... Don't tell a lie everyone in the office knew you guys were banging in the bathroom.. Plus Cortnee helped spread the word lol. Your a bad liar. You and Eric should think about going on a date... Or is he still living with illegals that are barley above age 15?
redridinghood

Harold, KY

#36 Feb 20, 2013
Awwwww man! Not my BFF! That's just too much. How could she do that to me?(Please read my sarcasm there, I wouldn't point it out but you know how these things are...sometimes if you don't draw a picture people just don't get it.)

Also, you have spelling and grammar issues...bad ones...get it together girl. It irks me quite a bit that you can't spell my name but not knowing the difference between "your" and "you're" or how to spell "barely" can't be good for your career.(Now that I've insulted you personally, are your feelings hurt?)
Nice to meet ya

Frankfort, KY

#38 Feb 20, 2013
Yeah!!!! Finally.
crook

Ransom, KY

#39 Feb 20, 2013
I have always believed eric conn is a crook. I remember when he tried to get famous by coaching natasha wallen to be satan's daughter when she helped murder that family back in the late 90's.

it doesn't surpise me at all that he's been accused of fraud. he's got a huge ego with his commericals acting like he's some kind of messiah. lol

don't drop the soap in prison eric. hahaha
Wrong

Kermit, WV

#40 Feb 20, 2013
DUIs can't be good for your career either... Still hitching rides to get to work?
Go Eric

Winchester, KY

#41 Feb 20, 2013
I believe all the SSI and SS recipiants should start an Eric Conn defence fund! Help him in his time of need...lol

Really the government decided not to enter this lawsuit after having over a year and a half to look at it..don't read more into this than is there!
quiet respect

Pikeville, KY

#42 Feb 20, 2013
Go Eric wrote:
I believe all the SSI and SS recipiants should start an Eric Conn defence fund! Help him in his time of need...lol
Really the government decided not to enter this lawsuit after having over a year and a half to look at it..don't read more into this than is there!
Why does the mews release state that the lawsuit was filed on "behalf of the government"?

Also:

"The complaint was filed in October 2011 but remained sealed until Tuesday. The federal government had been given an opportunity to intervene in the litigation, but opted not to. The reasons for the government declining to join the suit were not made public."

http://www.whas11.com/news/national/191882031...
Confused

Shepherdsville, KY

#43 Feb 20, 2013
quiet respect wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does the mews release state that the lawsuit was filed on "behalf of the government"?
Also:
"The complaint was filed in October 2011 but remained sealed until Tuesday. The federal government had been given an opportunity to intervene in the litigation, but opted not to. The reasons for the government declining to join the suit were not made public."
http://www.whas11.com/news/national/191882031...
If the lawsuit was filed on behalf of the federal government, why did they choose not to intervene? Afterall, it is a federal government issue. We all know what to expect from the government at a local level...This has been a long time coming, but the procedures are making me nervous.
I know a young girl who applied for her SSI in Shelby County and was denied two or three times. She went to pike County, gave a friend's address, hired Eric and the rest is history.
Bill

Winchester, KY

#44 Feb 20, 2013
Boards say "Guaranteed Results" or you don't pay, WOW talk about flaunting it, rubbing it in.
Smokin Joe

Winchester, KY

#45 Feb 20, 2013
Shotgun indictments, 27 just hoping to get one through. Old game in Federal Court. The government did not go after Eric, you guys getting excited to early!
quiet respect

Pikeville, KY

#47 Feb 20, 2013
Pretty Lady knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a link to the story?
Is his brother or a relative employed with Pikeville Fire and Rescue?
http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/Attor...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to justice in Eastern KY? 3 min FRAMEJOB 107
Vote Ray Out (Jul '15) 36 min Pikeville Hicks 545
Anyone know Shonn Keene from Pikeville? 1 hr Cowgirl 1
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr Sir Valentine 25,100
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 2 hr Aries 30,928
Why Are So Many People Leaving Pike County ? (May '11) 2 hr joke on the people 795
Is Pikeville Really Growing? Honestly? 3 hr Sad 105
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 5 hr Red_Forman 6,749
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages