Eric Conn Named In Federal Case

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Spectator

Sitka, KY

#1 Feb 19, 2013
The Lexington Herald has broken a story on its web page about a 27 page case filed by the feds against eric conn and his law firm in federal court at pikeville. the suite claims fraud. the case is also against a law judge who the case says was involved with conn. employees of the law judge are on the side of the government the suit says
Best News

Pikeville, KY

#2 Feb 19, 2013
best news yet
redridinghood

Harold, KY

#3 Feb 19, 2013
Don't get your hopes up yet vultures. There's a big difference between "the feds" and two disgruntled paper pushers.

*Surely you didn't think I'd be too far behind on this one....

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

Since: Jan 13

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Eric Conn..the name says it all!

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

Since: Jan 13

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Free Swinger wrote:
What do you mean, swine slayer, conn. like connvict? not nice. ask his puppet, red riding hood
Uh, that's HIS own ad..it's on signs all around the area:

Eric Conn..the name says it all.
quiet respect

Pikeville, KY

#7 Feb 19, 2013
redridinghood wrote:
Don't get your hopes up yet vultures. There's a big difference between "the feds" and two disgruntled paper pushers.
*Surely you didn't think I'd be too far behind on this one....
The following was in the news release:

"Attorneys in Lexington and the District of Columbia filed the complaint for the government under the federal False Claims Act. It seeks to recover money from Conn that he allegedly received as a result of fraud."

http://www.whas11.com/news/national/191882031...

If they are found guilty, I wonder if all the claims awarded will be revisited?
Spectator

Sitka, KY

#8 Feb 19, 2013
i think your thinking is sound, quiet respect, and i think that those people whose claims were approved by judge daugherty will have to go through the process again.
Curious

Clay City, KY

#9 Feb 19, 2013
Will they confiscate Abe Lincoln?
Big Cat

Richmond, KY

#10 Feb 19, 2013
quiet respect wrote:
<quoted text>
The following was in the news release:
"Attorneys in Lexington and the District of Columbia filed the complaint for the government under the federal False Claims Act. It seeks to recover money from Conn that he allegedly received as a result of fraud."
http://www.whas11.com/news/national/191882031...
If they are found guilty, I wonder if all the claims awarded will be revisited?
Lord have mercy...if all those cases are overturned, E. Ky. will go from a recession to a depression overnight.
quiet respect

Pikeville, KY

#11 Feb 19, 2013
Spectator wrote:
i think your thinking is sound, quiet respect, and i think that those people whose claims were approved by judge daugherty will have to go through the process again.
According to the following link (scroll down to Oct. 22, 2012 article):

http://westvirginiane ws.blogspot.com/

The article states that Conn claims to handle 65% of the social security disability claims. Using his claim of how many cases he handles; that would mean his compensation would have been over $8 million dollars in an eight month period.
kellerman

Huntsville, OH

#12 Feb 19, 2013
quiet respect wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the following link (scroll down to Oct. 22, 2012 article):
http://westvirginiane ws.blogspot.com/
The article states that Conn claims to handle 65% of the social security disability claims. Using his claim of how many cases he handles; that would mean his compensation would have been over $8 million dollars in an eight month period.
This isn't a odd event with a caseload of this size. In the last twenty or so years it appears that if one wasn't of age than they would need the attorney services to file their claim or fight their denial of benefits. They have made it impossible to argue the denial without attorney assistance. It seems unfair that such a high percentage has to go to the attorney for assisting the case with the appeal process. Mr. Conn is the attorney and he earns his monies, but the application process should be easier for those folks who need assistance that are truly disabled.
Big Cat

Richmond, KY

#13 Feb 19, 2013
kellerman wrote:
<quoted text> This isn't a odd event with a caseload of this size. In the last twenty or so years it appears that if one wasn't of age than they would need the attorney services to file their claim or fight their denial of benefits. They have made it impossible to argue the denial without attorney assistance. It seems unfair that such a high percentage has to go to the attorney for assisting the case with the appeal process. Mr. Conn is the attorney and he earns his monies, but the application process should be easier for those folks who need assistance that are truly disabled.
It's a messed up system to start with. Each state needs to appoint a panel of physicians and assign x number of doctors to a particular region. If someone wants to file, let a physician decide the degree of disability. Lawyers don't even need to be involved with the process.
Billy The Kid

Virgie, KY

#16 Feb 20, 2013
abcdefghi wrote:
WTF their goes your check. I guess your poor mother won't be making to many more trips to the basement with your check. It's back to work for you.haha.High ho high ho it's off to work u go.
You done have the market covered for blow jobs for a dollar,hey that hand painted sign on your old truck parked over at Bob Amos must get you a lot of business I bet,just tell your boyfriend to quit playing the banjo so much you two remind me of something from Deliverance with all that picking and sucking.
Billy The Kid

Virgie, KY

#18 Feb 20, 2013
jklmnopqrstuvwxyz wrote:
<quoted text>Little boy you'd better back off.u don't know me.I can make your life a living hell.First off punk I've never been to Bob Amos. Have no idea of going. And what's my truck look like. Tell me.kid your messing with the wrong person. Who ever put u on me because they fear me.you better tell them to fight their own battle.
My guess? It was that lame ass bleeding blue. I guess your one of his fag buddies. Now I'm going to tell u one time and one time only you'd better back off and I'm not kidding. If u want a war then proceed on.
No you have this really unhealthy fascination with children I'm guessing Jerry Sandusky from Penn State is one of your personal heroes.You better be careful you already have the sexual predator sign in your yard!!!
Blind

Kermit, WV

#20 Feb 20, 2013
Becky stop trying to get the readers off track...

This is ashame what Eric has done with this. Judge! This is the very reason everytime the economy is threatened the first thing they threaten to take away is social security. It's ashame that Eric would do this with a judge, I guess this explains the judges visits to Erics office and well Eric's visits to his private boat.

This won't be the Only trouble mr. CON sees!!! This is just the price that started it all. Much more to come...

Becky aka red ridinghood hold on, it gonna be a long ride:/
Curious

Staffordsville, KY

#21 Feb 20, 2013
I wonder what now. i would think that those whose cases were rewarded by judge daugherty have to defend their cases now. looks like karma to me
Karma

Staffordsville, KY

#22 Feb 20, 2013
Looks like karma, to me.
Just My Opinion

Alexandria, VA

#23 Feb 20, 2013
Looks to me like jealous and small minded people are seeking to destroy the career of a lawyer and the reputation of a retired judge out of a desire for vengeance and their own personal gain. If the government has a real criminal case why not file it already!
For your info

Orlando, FL

#24 Feb 20, 2013
Just My Opinion wrote:
Looks to me like jealous and small minded people are seeking to destroy the career of a lawyer and the reputation of a retired judge out of a desire for vengeance and their own personal gain. If the government has a real criminal case why not file it already!
United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Kentucky Kerry Harvey has a conflict in criminally prosecuting Conn. You see, Harvey worked as General Counsel for the Cabinet for Health and Family Services which is administers the disability program so was likely on notice from that position before being assigned Federal Prosecutor that Conn was defrauding the government.

And that's why Conn is not currently being criminally prosecuted and why Harvey kept asking for more time from the Federal Judge to decided whether the intervene.
redridinghood

Harold, KY

#25 Feb 20, 2013
Nope...that totally wasn't me...I was just as confused as you always are. Besides, my grammar/spelling/punctuation would never be that atrocious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 9 min darktainium 6,556
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 16 min Ex-Democrat for M... 18,063
any women still have hairy pu ssy 1 hr Adolph 16
Shane Blackburn 1 hr Steel wool 2
Crop circles on Chloe 1 hr The Reporter 3
Tanner Spears JC Maynard (Apr '12) 2 hr Bye tanner 44
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 4 hr Musikologist 22,816
Keith Hall's withdrawl of a withdrawal decision. 9 hr Amy 24
Mayor's Wife Blasting Combs 9 hr Amy 62
IRATE PMC Employees 10 hr Brian 11
judge combs question 16 hr Amy 62
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:24 pm PST

NBC Sports12:24PM
Dolphins bring back cornerback R.J. Stanford
NBC Sports12:24 PM
Dolphins bring back cornerback R.J. Stanford
NBC Sports12:49 PM
Bengals kicker Nugent perfect since overtime miss - NBC Sports
ESPN12:58 PM
Bengals' Smith (torn triceps) goes on IR
Bleacher Report 8:54 PM
What Experts Are Saying About Bucs vs. Bengals?