Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The Lexington Herald has broken a story on its web page about a 27 page case filed by the feds against eric conn and his law firm in federal court at pikeville. the suite claims fraud. the case is also against a law judge who the case says was involved with conn. employees of the law judge are on the side of the government the suit says
Best News

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

best news yet
redridinghood

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Don't get your hopes up yet vultures. There's a big difference between "the feds" and two disgruntled paper pushers.

*Surely you didn't think I'd be too far behind on this one....

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

Since: Jan 13

PULL MY PORK! ! !

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Eric Conn..the name says it all!

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

Since: Jan 13

PULL MY PORK! ! !

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Free Swinger wrote:
What do you mean, swine slayer, conn. like connvict? not nice. ask his puppet, red riding hood
Uh, that's HIS own ad..it's on signs all around the area:

Eric Conn..the name says it all.
quiet respect

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

redridinghood wrote:
Don't get your hopes up yet vultures. There's a big difference between "the feds" and two disgruntled paper pushers.
*Surely you didn't think I'd be too far behind on this one....
The following was in the news release:

"Attorneys in Lexington and the District of Columbia filed the complaint for the government under the federal False Claims Act. It seeks to recover money from Conn that he allegedly received as a result of fraud."

http://www.whas11.com/news/national/191882031...

If they are found guilty, I wonder if all the claims awarded will be revisited?
Spectator

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

i think your thinking is sound, quiet respect, and i think that those people whose claims were approved by judge daugherty will have to go through the process again.
Curious

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Will they confiscate Abe Lincoln?
Big Cat

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

quiet respect wrote:
<quoted text>
The following was in the news release:
"Attorneys in Lexington and the District of Columbia filed the complaint for the government under the federal False Claims Act. It seeks to recover money from Conn that he allegedly received as a result of fraud."
http://www.whas11.com/news/national/191882031...
If they are found guilty, I wonder if all the claims awarded will be revisited?
Lord have mercy...if all those cases are overturned, E. Ky. will go from a recession to a depression overnight.
quiet respect

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Spectator wrote:
i think your thinking is sound, quiet respect, and i think that those people whose claims were approved by judge daugherty will have to go through the process again.
According to the following link (scroll down to Oct. 22, 2012 article):

http://westvirginiane ws.blogspot.com/

The article states that Conn claims to handle 65% of the social security disability claims. Using his claim of how many cases he handles; that would mean his compensation would have been over $8 million dollars in an eight month period.
kellerman

Lima, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

quiet respect wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the following link (scroll down to Oct. 22, 2012 article):
http://westvirginiane ws.blogspot.com/
The article states that Conn claims to handle 65% of the social security disability claims. Using his claim of how many cases he handles; that would mean his compensation would have been over $8 million dollars in an eight month period.
This isn't a odd event with a caseload of this size. In the last twenty or so years it appears that if one wasn't of age than they would need the attorney services to file their claim or fight their denial of benefits. They have made it impossible to argue the denial without attorney assistance. It seems unfair that such a high percentage has to go to the attorney for assisting the case with the appeal process. Mr. Conn is the attorney and he earns his monies, but the application process should be easier for those folks who need assistance that are truly disabled.
Big Cat

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

kellerman wrote:
<quoted text> This isn't a odd event with a caseload of this size. In the last twenty or so years it appears that if one wasn't of age than they would need the attorney services to file their claim or fight their denial of benefits. They have made it impossible to argue the denial without attorney assistance. It seems unfair that such a high percentage has to go to the attorney for assisting the case with the appeal process. Mr. Conn is the attorney and he earns his monies, but the application process should be easier for those folks who need assistance that are truly disabled.
It's a messed up system to start with. Each state needs to appoint a panel of physicians and assign x number of doctors to a particular region. If someone wants to file, let a physician decide the degree of disability. Lawyers don't even need to be involved with the process.
Billy The Kid

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

abcdefghi wrote:
WTF their goes your check. I guess your poor mother won't be making to many more trips to the basement with your check. It's back to work for you.haha.High ho high ho it's off to work u go.
You done have the market covered for blow jobs for a dollar,hey that hand painted sign on your old truck parked over at Bob Amos must get you a lot of business I bet,just tell your boyfriend to quit playing the banjo so much you two remind me of something from Deliverance with all that picking and sucking.
Billy The Kid

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

jklmnopqrstuvwxyz wrote:
<quoted text>Little boy you'd better back off.u don't know me.I can make your life a living hell.First off punk I've never been to Bob Amos. Have no idea of going. And what's my truck look like. Tell me.kid your messing with the wrong person. Who ever put u on me because they fear me.you better tell them to fight their own battle.
My guess? It was that lame ass bleeding blue. I guess your one of his fag buddies. Now I'm going to tell u one time and one time only you'd better back off and I'm not kidding. If u want a war then proceed on.
No you have this really unhealthy fascination with children I'm guessing Jerry Sandusky from Penn State is one of your personal heroes.You better be careful you already have the sexual predator sign in your yard!!!
Blind

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Becky stop trying to get the readers off track...

This is ashame what Eric has done with this. Judge! This is the very reason everytime the economy is threatened the first thing they threaten to take away is social security. It's ashame that Eric would do this with a judge, I guess this explains the judges visits to Erics office and well Eric's visits to his private boat.

This won't be the Only trouble mr. CON sees!!! This is just the price that started it all. Much more to come...

Becky aka red ridinghood hold on, it gonna be a long ride:/
Curious

Staffordsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

I wonder what now. i would think that those whose cases were rewarded by judge daugherty have to defend their cases now. looks like karma to me
Staffordsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Looks like karma, to me.
Just My Opinion

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Looks to me like jealous and small minded people are seeking to destroy the career of a lawyer and the reputation of a retired judge out of a desire for vengeance and their own personal gain. If the government has a real criminal case why not file it already!
For your info

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Just My Opinion wrote:
Looks to me like jealous and small minded people are seeking to destroy the career of a lawyer and the reputation of a retired judge out of a desire for vengeance and their own personal gain. If the government has a real criminal case why not file it already!
United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Kentucky Kerry Harvey has a conflict in criminally prosecuting Conn. You see, Harvey worked as General Counsel for the Cabinet for Health and Family Services which is administers the disability program so was likely on notice from that position before being assigned Federal Prosecutor that Conn was defrauding the government.

And that's why Conn is not currently being criminally prosecuted and why Harvey kept asking for more time from the Federal Judge to decided whether the intervene.
redridinghood

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Nope...that totally wasn't me...I was just as confused as you always are. Besides, my grammar/spelling/punctuation would never be that atrocious.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of178
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

86 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Calvin_Coolish 138,811
Obamacare Helps Parents 6 min Adam 36 264
Apocalyptic Signs In The Air 9 min Patty Cakes Trailer Boy 62
Appalachian Airlines 11 min I Will Fly Elsewhere 46
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min curious 122,901
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 12 min qwerty 81,227
Why Do Fools Follow/Support NObama Still Yet? 18 min Patty Cakes A Doofus 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••