Smith Boys back to County?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Pikeville, KY

#1 Jul 29, 2012
Heard the Smith Boys are back in county school. Any one know what happened with Pikeville?
I agree

Charleston, WV

#2 Jul 29, 2012
Curious wrote:
Heard the Smith Boys are back in county school. Any one know what happened with Pikeville?
I hadn't heard this but I will say this..........IT'S THE BEST MOVE THEY COULD EVER MAKE .......BART has set Pikeville back. If the boys want to do good they will leave Pikeville. They are like the other county kids they don't fit in. It was only a matter of time. I wish the best for the boys and think this is a good move. I did hear Ethan was going to SV. Something is wrong somewhere when a boys uncle is the principal and attended the school since Kindergarten and is a star bb player and wants to leave. Basketball will be a joke at PHS this year.
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#3 Jul 29, 2012
Curious wrote:
Not too sure. But I can assure that the Smith's will earn their spot. Where were they this summmer?
I agree

Charleston, WV

#4 Jul 29, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too sure. But I can assure that the Smith's will earn their spot. Where were they this summmer?
I will say again that will be the best thing for them. Everything is not what it appears to be . It was only a matter of time till some of those jealous parents of the players on the bb team start putting in against those boys. Bart listens to them.
County

Winchester, KY

#5 Jul 29, 2012
They might get more time on the court transferring but it will be at the expense of an education. Out in the county they can slide right through to graduation and won't even be able to spell their own names. It's actually kind of sad to let such a travesty happen to a child.
schools

Pikeville, KY

#6 Jul 29, 2012
County wrote:
They might get more time on the court transferring but it will be at the expense of an education. Out in the county they can slide right through to graduation and won't even be able to spell their own names. It's actually kind of sad to let such a travesty happen to a child.
They can still get a good education if they want. There are plenty of students from the county who have gone on to college and been quite successful. There have been quite a few from the city school go to college and flunk out, so is that the fault of the city school system or the student

And, before you start making assumptions, my kids were graduates of Pikeville High School. They did well in college, but I imagine that they would have done so if educated somewhere else in Pike County.
County Needs the Facts

Maysville, KY

#7 Jul 29, 2012
The Johns Creek Academic Team won the Governor's Cup this year and beat Pikeville so get over yourself.
I agree

Charleston, WV

#8 Jul 30, 2012
It's up to the individual. If you apply yourself you can do good at any school. There are good and bad teachers at all schools. Example..........Bart .....didn't they have to move him to the transportation job because of so many complaints from both students and parents. He was teaching math and it was complaint after complaint. Ask anyone they can tell you about all the complaints. Like Bluegrass rivals states "he has run the players off until he can't have a team......even last year they couldn't even have a freshman team. Like they said 13 players in Jr high now one of them left. That should tell you what you need to know. The Smith boys will soon see the big picture about Pikeville and Bart. Good luck boys.
emma watson

United States

#9 Jul 30, 2012
just wanted to clarify one thing. Ethan rowe is not leaving pikeville !
Really

Pikeville, KY

#10 Jul 30, 2012
emma watson wrote:
just wanted to clarify one thing. Ethan rowe is not leaving pikeville !
Ya but Ryder Johnson is transferring to Pike Co Central with the Smiths. Just talked to his dad byran at golf shop. He is going to PCC hs. Don't know about ethan but it would be wise if he did go to svhs. His bball playing stock will drop at phs as every team will be concentrating on him and that means less pts and no college bball. Is phs going to have jv team or a freshman team? School board made a statement that phs better have a freshman and jv team in 2012 if they are enough boys. They want everyone to play that wants.
emma watson

United States

#11 Jul 30, 2012
just to clarify once again ryder will be at pikeville. Follow my post i dont lie
Connie

Pikeville, KY

#12 Jul 30, 2012
TOO much emphasis on ball. How many people from Pike co. have ever gone on to play Pro??? Geeezz.
Liefer

Varney, KY

#13 Jul 30, 2012
County Needs the Facts wrote:
The Johns Creek Academic Team won the Governor's Cup this year and beat Pikeville so get over yourself.
Um you may want to check your facts.....THE Governors cup is the STATE title.....johns creek certainly did not win the state title..... the regional middle school title was won by Mullins, the elementary title within the region was won by jc. Lets not toot our horn too loudly without the facts.
Really

Pikeville, KY

#14 Jul 30, 2012
emma watson wrote:
just to clarify once again ryder will be at pikeville. Follow my post i dont lie
I am not saying you are lying... this is what his dad is saying at the golf shop in johns creek. Thats all...
Tin Cup

Pikeville, KY

#15 Jul 30, 2012
Isn't he a golf pro?
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#16 Jul 30, 2012
County wrote:
How uneducated and blind can one be? LOL....the expense of an education, I heard the city was paying the tuition for them, duh, what expense....LMAO.

Get off your pretentious soap box. The city is as corrupt as the county, I can say that I attend the place and actually wish that I had gone to a county school.
My other side

Stanton, KY

#17 Jul 30, 2012
emma watson wrote:

Forgive me this is denny an a that was my female side I take on the name of emma everybody knows that bryan likes to brag at the golf course ryder is going to valley then to pike central he is a chewing gb tobacco hog when really ryder won't play anything he even talks about ethan to bart
emma watson

Elkhorn City, KY

#18 Jul 30, 2012
i aint denny, thats almost fighting words.
Steve

Winchester, KY

#19 Jul 30, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya but Ryder Johnson is transferring to Pike Co Central with the Smiths. Just talked to his dad byran at golf shop. He is going to PCC hs. Don't know about ethan but it would be wise if he did go to svhs. His bball playing stock will drop at phs as every team will be concentrating on him and that means less pts and no college bball. Is phs going to have jv team or a freshman team? School board made a statement that phs better have a freshman and jv team in 2012 if they are enough boys. They want everyone to play that wants.
They's didnt have a freshmen team last year but I dont care cause my son played varsity ball. My son will start on varsity this year cause he is that good. DP says that Austin is goin back to JC and stay back in the 7. Theys wont let him stay back at Pikeville cause they'd didnt let the school no in time. I dont no how they are going to work that one at one school and one at another school. Im sure they will come up with something theys always do. I think they should both go to the same school. If one goes to county so should the other. If one goes to city s o should the other. I heard the AD is going to key an eye on that tuttion. But promised them that when he recruited one of them. It don't matter to me but everybody should pay.
Steve

Winchester, KY

#20 Jul 30, 2012
I means Bart promised them tuttion when he recruited them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Restaurant spreading Stomach Virus 9 min geez 9
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr Pinocchio Mitch 24,628
Audrey Blackburn --missing person 1 hr concerned 9
best divorce attorney 2 hr millard rep 8
Why is Stephen Hogg The New Commissioner???????... 3 hr Curious 5
Proof 4 hr Cousin k 4
Poll The 'Best' Bush Administration Iraq Lies 4 hr Ecossais 13
Dead Attorney Herman Lester 19 hr Hermans friend 82
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance