|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Is it a Quality of Life Issue Jill?
Lmfao
Lmfao
Lmfao
Donnie B is your Hero.
1) I don't know who Jill is.
2) I don't know who Donnie B. is.
3) You're obviously a troll, or vastly under educated (Which isn't really a shocker with the school systems here how they are) or a combination of the two. I'm done responding to you.

Have a nice day, sir.
Fox News Is A Joke

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

PikeCoGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
3) You're obviously a troll, or vastly under educated (Which isn't really a shocker with the school systems here how they are) or a combination of the two. I'm done responding to you.
Have a nice day, sir.
Youbare obviously a self important blow hard.
Gabby

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Just look at Floyd County ....nothing...nothing but crooks...law enforcement for the birds...nothing for our children to do....no good stores to shop...and then they say shop in your area and keep the tax dollar here...I live in Floyd and shop in Pikeville which is not much better and take several trips to Lexington and Huntington...for the good stuff...sorry...
Then you r not from here

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

PikeCoGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a nice day, sir.
Everyone knows who Donnie B and Jill are.
hope and grace

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

PikeCoGuy wrote:
What honestly gets me about this area, though... Is that any time anyone tries to mention anything about improvement, advancement, progress, investment, etc. Everyone from around here ALWAYS has something hugely negative and counter-productive to say, and try to down talk any idea that makes any sense whatsoever. It's like you people actually enjoy wallowing in poverty and substance abuse, while the economy of this place hollows out like a pumpkin with coal out the window. Forget the ideas I presented above... I think I'm starting to see what you guys are talking about. I don't know where those thoughts of progress came from! How ridiculous, right? I think we should just do a controlled demolition of the Pikeville, and Pike County area and walk off....*rolls eyes*
Listen people... If you literally expect nothing from your city/area/government, then that's EXACTLY what you'll get!!! Heighten your standards of living a little! For the kids, if for nothing else...
Sometimes, I think it's this pessimistic and counter productive collective attitude of most of the residents in this area that will seal this places fate... And that's really sad. Ever heard of a self fulfilling prophecy??
That is so true. People with no vision, those with pessimistic attitudes, have never produced anything positive in a community.
hope and grace

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Then you r not from here wrote:
<quoted text> Everyone knows who Donnie B and Jill are.
Maybe he/she isn't FROM Pike County originally. Perhaps that is a good thing. Maybe it would be good to have more people locate here from other places in the country; people who wouldn't care WHO someone is (or thinks they are) and care more about the general welfare of the whole community?3994
This Town

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Needs an enema - The Joker aka Jack Nicholson
PikeHollowFill

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Blow the tops off the mountains surrounding Pikeville and push them over into the city. Fill the valley level with the tops of the Mountain Top Removal and build the Coal City Wayne was wanting to put up past Fishtrap. We would all be flatlanders then and the state would send us as much money as they do Louisville and Lexington. Acres of more room for a real air service, big ole airport, plenty of land for housing projects that don't get built or strip malls that stay on the drawing boards but politicians pat themselves on the back for. If you can move a river you can bury a town, just buy it as a time capsule, dig it up in 100 years and it will still be the same.
You could just leave it as it is and in 100 years it will still be the same but we need the excavating and construction jobs.

By the way, leave the lawyers in in when you take them D-11's and push dirt over it, and outlaw them in the New Town. You will solve 99% of Pikeville's problems.
tigger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

A strip club.that way the bible thumping hyprocrites won't have to travel too far.yes u would have to bring in the entertainment,why the heck not,cater to the men as well as the women.a smile on everyones face as they spend $$$$.that's what they can do with the expo.
joe bob bubba lee lewis

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

tigger wrote:
A strip club.that way the bible thumping hyprocrites won't have to travel too far.yes u would have to bring in the entertainment,why the heck not,cater to the men as well as the women.a smile on everyones face as they spend $$$$.that's what they can do with the expo.
yes, its big enough, one side for the dudes, one side for the ladies
bachelor/bachelorette parties.
they tried to have an afterhours bar some time back, but it fizzled out.
guess it was being managed by the same idiots who manage the expo itself.
old dude

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

hope and grace wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he/she isn't FROM Pike County originally. Perhaps that is a good thing. Maybe it would be good to have more people locate here from other places in the country; people who wouldn't care WHO someone is (or thinks they are) and care more about the general welfare of the whole community?3994
How about the REVERSE of your suggestion? Why not sell Pikeville to maybe the state of Arizona or maybe Nevada and move the whole Godforsaken place there? Get rid of the local rain forest climate with its 2 seasons;warm and wet and cold and wet and let the town at least see a little sunshine and dry weather now and then. Maybe the lack of dreary overcast days and incessant insufferable rainfall would lift people's spirits enough that they wouldn't need drugs or so much alcohol. Maybe not hearing "we just have to get through the next couple of days before good weather returns" on every forecast and being able to have 6 or 7 days in a row without rain would allow businesses and people to at least plan their lives for the better. If you think I'm being facetious or sarcastic you probably are so used to living 2 to 3 days at a time you don't realize that even though this summer is unusually wet its not that much more so than usual. Think about it....how many times in your life here have you seen a full week of dry pleasant weather here. Our AVERAGE annual rainfall is over 5 feet. Its more than Seattle's . I say sell this place and lets all move.....offer it to any fool who would take it at a bargain basement price....you can have my part of it for free.
joe bob bubba lee lewis

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

old dude wrote:
<quoted text> How about the REVERSE of your suggestion? Why not sell Pikeville to maybe the state of Arizona or maybe Nevada and move the whole Godforsaken place there? Get rid of the local rain forest climate with its 2 seasons;warm and wet and cold and wet and let the town at least see a little sunshine and dry weather now and then. Maybe the lack of dreary overcast days and incessant insufferable rainfall would lift people's spirits enough that they wouldn't need drugs or so much alcohol. Maybe not hearing "we just have to get through the next couple of days before good weather returns" on every forecast and being able to have 6 or 7 days in a row without rain would allow businesses and people to at least plan their lives for the better. If you think I'm being facetious or sarcastic you probably are so used to living 2 to 3 days at a time you don't realize that even though this summer is unusually wet its not that much more so than usual. Think about it....how many times in your life here have you seen a full week of dry pleasant weather here. Our AVERAGE annual rainfall is over 5 feet. Its more than Seattle's . I say sell this place and lets all move.....offer it to any fool who would take it at a bargain basement price....you can have my part of it for free.
im in, i am so ready for the damn rain to end, i wouldnt mind a little dry heat for a change.
opinion

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

the truth
PikeCoGuy

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

I also think an Aquarium (Maybe 1/2 - 1 million gallons), and an iMax theater would benefit Pikeville.

I mean, this city/county has helped majorly support this nations energy needs quite well over the years... It's time they help us out, some! Maybe if they spent some of that foreign aid money here on cities like Pikeville in their home country things would be alright.
PikeCoGuy

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

PikeHollowFill wrote:
Blow the tops off the mountains surrounding Pikeville and push them over into the city. Fill the valley level with the tops of the Mountain Top Removal and build the Coal City Wayne was wanting to put up past Fishtrap. We would all be flatlanders then and the state would send us as much money as they do Louisville and Lexington. Acres of more room for a real air service, big ole airport, plenty of land for housing projects that don't get built or strip malls that stay on the drawing boards but politicians pat themselves on the back for. If you can move a river you can bury a town, just buy it as a time capsule, dig it up in 100 years and it will still be the same.
You could just leave it as it is and in 100 years it will still be the same but we need the excavating and construction jobs.
By the way, leave the lawyers in in when you take them D-11's and push dirt over it, and outlaw them in the New Town. You will solve 99% of Pikeville's problems.
I agree with the mountain removal part! Lol. I think they should remove the mountain that is in the center of the Pikeville "C" shape, and get some more flat land going on. Some projects are supposed to begin to expand the city to over double it's land area now, but much more needs to be done to ensure Pikeville has the room it needs to continue growing.

“PROUDLY PUNKING MODS & TROLLS ”

Since: May 13

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

I haven't seen 5 viable suggestions named on this thread yet and the main thing people are overlooking is the power-structure in place that seems determined to keep Pikeville in The Dark Ages for some reason. It seems only corrupt Officials are getting wealthy around here and somehow they make money by keeping Pikeville like a ghost town although I don't fully understand how they do it. I fail to see why businesses like factories or manufacturing won't come here because people here are desperate for decent jobs and would provide a good work force once you weed out the druggies and deadbeats. As for entertainment, you're probably going to have to capitalize on things already present like natural, scenic locations (Breaks Of The Mtn.-types) or something related to regional history. For example, Pike Co. Guy mentioned an amusement/theme park type place..this is a do-able in my opinion. Why not create and build some type of park like Dollywood but based on the Hatfields & McCoys which is very popular right now and in the public's attention or base it on local
historical connections to American History like The Revolution/Civil
Wat or pioneering times of early Kentuckian History. Another idea: A
sight seeing business with a bus fleet that could visit historical places and landmarks and educate people about the history tied into
them. Just some of my suggestions.

“PROUDLY PUNKING MODS & TROLLS ”

Since: May 13

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Civil WAR*

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

I think that Pikeville is fine the way it is. The way that I see it, if you want a bigger city, then move to a bigger city. Sure, some growth would be nice, but too much, and too much population would be the worst.
I love coming from a small town, where just about everyone knows everyone else. What crime we see here is nothing like in bigger cities. For instance, no drive bys here. Why? Because someone will see them that knows them. "I saw him! That was Jerry from over there on KY Ave.!! Don't surprise me. His momma was a dope head."
You bring more in, you're just asking for trouble.
hope and grace

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

PikeCoGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think of Pikeville and Pike County as a has been... The coal industry is just one of many, many big money makers an area can have. If we could/would develop some tourism hot spots here, we'd see the economy improve tremendously. Believe it or not, some huge ly successful cities live and thrive off tourism alone. Dubai is a great example for motivation. They relied heavily on oil until they fully grasped that it was running out, and then began developing their infrastructure and tourism attractions and now they rely mostly on tourism alone (Less than 3% of their economy is in oil now-a-days.) Plus big industry is a tricky, tricky thing... Even though this county is so rich in resources (Coal, Natural Gas), it has some of the highest poverty rates in the state of Kentucky.
I think we need to map out an aggressive plan for growth and try like hell to get corporations like Google, Apple, Oracle, Sony, anything... To build corporate offices and factories here.
It'll take a century to get this city and area back in livable condition, but if we don't start planning and constructing NOW, everybody is going to migrate away and their won't be a city to continue developing..
Vision, people, vision. Pikeville might have washed away by now if former Mayor Hambley didn't have vision and support change.

It seems some so blinded by the negativity around them that they become bereft of any new ideas.
hope and grace

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Go to the facebook page of Southeast Kentucky Chamber of Commerce and watch the video "Do you believe"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of70
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

155 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
paris cowboy =music 6 min somebody 1,179
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Mike Duquette 122,678
Harry Reid: Inhuman Hypocrite 8 min tactic 33
Apocalyptic Signs In The Air 11 min Billy Jack 22
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 12 min imposter 81,197
Why Do Fools Follow/Support NObama Still Yet? 19 min we are lost 36
Lisa Damron 26 min Funny 65
Judge 12 hr while their there 32
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••