Charles Fugate

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

I look forward to being in Pikeville March 3 2014 to be on the maiden flight to Nashville.

Though I am concerned that it is but 32 days away and not the first thing done to the airport facility to accommodate the service. Seems to me that from all the information provided by Donavon Blackburn and Luke Schmidt that we would be seeing activity by now..

The Appalachia Air website indicates March 3 but I can't book a flight. I have called the airport but no one knows what is going on. Does anyone know who I might speak to that can tell me what is going on with the ticket sales? I need to be in Dallas on the 5 of March and need to book my tickets now before the rates increase.
observer

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Good luck on that one. Hahaha

I know they're having worlds of problems trying to make things work the way they said they would but if you make calls to the right places you'll find there has been no deal made with TSA. NO deal for baggage transfer, and the list goes on. I doubt it ever happening, but if it does it will only wind up making us look like the poor gullible fools in Somerset who wish to God they had never heard this same bunch of BS. Millions of dollars have already changed hands. Maybe that was the entire plan in the first place?

Donovan Blackburn said on 99 there was ONE airport board member asking questions he shouldn't be asking. I checked and discovered the questions were from the ONLY qualified, licensed pilot on that pitiful board. I found out also that only two qualified licensed pilots are on the Fiscal Court and they are the only two who stood up against this BS.

There is not ONE qualified licensed pilot on the City commission so they ALL went along with Little Frankie and Donovan in this mess.
potty meat

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Grow some damn feathers i guess. Haha
observer

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

It's a damn shame we were told there were THREE major companies wanting in line to operate a service out of PBX. Donovan Blackburn, Luke Shmidt and others like them didn't only imply, but promised the airline they chose would be flawless.

Security was supposed to already be approved and in motion at the airport with all passengers being cleared once at PBX and not needing clearance again to their destination on whatever carrier they used from Nashville. The pompous asses also said all baggage would be handled all the way to a passengers final destination without any input or 'lugging' by the passenger on "Appalachian Air".

A few of us warned about the line of BS being fed to the public and it caused a lawsuit to be filed against us. The airport board chairman, who filed the suit, is now admitting that the service is "on hold", and nothing is clear about anything involving the fake service.

Taxpayers have been paying for flowers purchased by the highly touted "consultant", Luke Shmidt, and keeping him well paid for his travels, lodging and even his tab at Starbuck's! What has he done other than mislead us and take our money?

I know the one licensed pilot Board member up there questioned all that waste but was voted down on all fronts by those political hacks who have him outnumbered five to one.
Hicky Man Airlines

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Judged:

More of Donnie B's foolishness and BS.

Now Hicky Man is trying to carry the Ball, but he is a Doofus.
Fox News Is A Joke

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
I love to give men hickeys on their penis at Bob Amos bu I am such Doofus.
Lmfao
Its My Tax Dollars

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

I too have called the airport several times and can't get an answer to when I can buy tickets to Nashville. It is advertised that the service will start on March 3. Then why can't I buy my tickets now. Every day I wait my connecting tickets to Las Vegas increases.

I was told by someone at the airport to call Bill Hickman and he might be able to help.
Crash Boom Bang

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Little Donnie B's pipe Dream BS Airlines just hit the Hillside.h
Fish Hooks

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Crash Boom Bang wrote:
Little Donnie B's pipe Dream BS Airlines
just hit the Hillside.h
Hope it didn't knock out the illegal power attachment that slick bill wants to hide from the taxpayer.
observer

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Judged:

Fish Hooks wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope it didn't knock out the illegal power attachment that slick bill wants to hide from the taxpayer.
The FAA has done a great job in disconnecting and healing wounds caused by the illegal electrical connection made to the very critical and protected INSTRUMENT LANDING SYSTEM. Had that illegal connection caused a failure of the critical transmitter (Localizer) while an airplane was on final approach in inclement weather that plane could very well have followed an erroneous electronic signal and flown into a mountain or building causing multiple fatalities.

The illegal and possibly fatality causing power connection was done under the direction of the "Keene engineering and consulting firm" hired and paid a fortune by Bill Hickman with approval of an apparently ignorant board. That same firm's vice president JUST HAPPENED to be an attorney working in the same firm with the chairman, Bill Hickman. Soon after a brand new board member, Brent Wagner, uncovered the travesty and extremely dangerous connection, the firm "RESIGNED" from the airport.

Several of us were present at a board meeting when Rick Keene, President of the offending firm,(before he resigned) steadfastly stated that TWO FAA representatives told him to make that connection. Follow up investigations garnered an FAA letter flatly denying any FAA representative approved such shoddy work and such actions were never authorized nor would they ever be.

Only ONE board member challenged the statement by Keene. It apparently was OK with the existing board whose members have worked against the new board member seemingly at every turn.

This is nothing new in Pike County. Research the UMG debacle and who was fighting to keep records from the taxpayers. Look at what they did to one man who dared challenge the status quo.

Pike County, Pikeville, Eastern Kentucky politics and MOST politicians represent an embarrassment to all of us and the public in general allows it to go on for a load of gravel.

I have many more revelations concerning the airport board and other political disasters. I'm now being sued by that chairman, Bill Hickman, and expect more threatening maneuvers for stating such facts on here.

I stand by my statements. I wonder if Bill Hickman can justify his misdeeds and failures since being placed in a position so obviously beyond his ability, education and leadership.

Bill Hickman supposedly knows exactly who I am. I use an alias for other reasons.
Tell Us More

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Please tell us more.

As for UMG you do not have to hide your Records if everything is legal.

Perhaps an FBI Invetigation at the Airport is in Order.
observer

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

I think a federal investigation is already beginning to take shape concerning the airport board. What has happened up there is disgusting. I remember standing in the airport lobby waiting to attend meetings, only to be told there was no quorum. The board only managed THREE meetings in a year. However they managed to spend, according to what a city official gave them "credit for", over $5.5 million dollars. These dollars are irreplaceable and the board just seemed to throw them in the direction someone pointed their finger or a "friend" held out his hand.

Now that Brent Wagner appears to have researched (as the chairman is supposed to do) and exposed the unbelievable waste and extravagance committed by the chairman and his non-pilot board, they have been having meetings like normal intelligent people would...that is, if that board WAS comprised of normal intelligent people instead of apparently political cronies of Little Frankie.

We have a chance to vote an outsider in as mayor and possibly start repairing our area and reputation. NOTHING will change unless we manage to put some more people with balls like Mr. Wagner in positions now occupied by arrogant and corrupt little politicians and their lemmings.
observer

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

City Failures wrote:
The silly Charter Service has crashed before it even got off the Ground. What will Donnie B announce next.
His Failures keep growing every Day. The City lost 900,000 Dollars on the Expo last year in a failing Economy.
Now the fools want to build an outdoor Arena on a Creek Bank.
OH GEEEEZ, NO!!! what kind of BS waste of money do they have in their little heads now? Arena on a creek? I'll believe anything now. If not for the hospital where would the money come from? There's not even enough government money coming in to support all these pipe dreams coming out of Pikeville. Maybe Wayne SHOULD control all that money being wasted by the town.
Charles Fugate

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

observer wrote:
I think a federal investigation is already beginning to take shape concerning the airport board. What has happened up there is disgusting. I remember standing in the airport lobby waiting to attend meetings, only to be told there was no quorum. The board only managed THREE meetings in a year. However they managed to spend, according to what a city official gave them "credit for", over $5.5 million dollars. These dollars are irreplaceable and the board just seemed to throw them in the direction someone pointed their finger or a "friend" held out his hand.
Now that Brent Wagner appears to have researched (as the chairman is supposed to do) and exposed the unbelievable waste and extravagance committed by the chairman and his non-pilot board, they have been having meetings like normal intelligent people would...that is, if that board WAS comprised of normal intelligent people instead of apparently political cronies of Little Frankie.
We have a chance to vote an outsider in as mayor and possibly start repairing our area and reputation. NOTHING will change unless we manage to put some more people with balls like Mr. Wagner in positions now occupied by arrogant and corrupt little politicians and their lemmings.
It looks like to me the reason the other board members are not assisting Wagoner in his work is that it is exposing the failures of those members to oversee the airport before his appointment.

One pilot told me that when questionable spending by Luke Schmidt was brought up by Wagoner during a board meeting and discussions that revealed the board didn't have a contract that outlined his spending Wagoner made a motion to suspend future payments until boundries were set on what and how much the airport would be obligated to.

I was told Luke Schmidt was submitting invoices for the sending of flowers to a woman from Frankfort, six meals at Mona's for around 150.00 and hotel rooms at the highest priced hotel in Pikeville.

Since when is it ok to allow one an open checkbook that belongs to the taxpayers? No contract or boundries for Schmidt with our checkbook and Wagoner could not get one second to suspend until a contract was drawn up. Now do you wonder like I do about who these board members are representing? And do any of you remember this same board, less the Wagoner guy, transfering the land at Island Creek to the city for what appeared to me to be two million dollars less than apprasials indicated it was worth?

How long will the public allow so many questionable actions without calling for an investigation? Hopefully before the money is gone.
fyi

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

observer wrote:
<quoted text>OH GEEEEZ, NO!!! what kind of BS waste of money do they have in their little heads now? Arena on a creek? I'll believe anything now. If not for the hospital where would the money come from? There's not even enough government money coming in to support all these pipe dreams coming out of Pikeville. Maybe Wayne SHOULD control all that money being wasted by the town.
Actuallly, not an arena, just some bleachers outside along the riverfill area. They are supposed to be for the burnout events.
Political Waste of Money

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Once again the public is milked by the politicians waste of our tax dollars disguised as vote buying.

Mr. Rogers tell me how the economic development is doing in Somerset today? And our little tri-pact of city, chamber and airport chairman have banded together to be the next bunch that launches the Zeppelin. And rest assured the taxpayer will once again get hosed.

The following statement in the attachment sets the stage for our impending crash. Read carefully.

"Airport officials worked to get the navigational system in place, and in 2006 Rogers wrote Norm Mineta, then transportttio secretary, in support of Somersets grant application for money to help secure our service.

" As you evaluate applications for the Small Community Air Service Development Program, I am confident that with an initial federal investment--short term air service funds coupled with an aggressive marketing campaign--this proposal will be successful." Rogers wrote.

Again Mr. Rogers, Mr. Justice, Mr. Jones and Mr. Hickman tell us how the service is doing over in Somerset?http://www.kentucky.c om/2009/05/24/806331/who-might -fly-somerset-to-dc-and.html
Political Waste of Money

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

http://www.kentucky.com/2009/05/24/806331/who...

This is the article refrenced in the above article.
I C Through the BS

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

With the select openness the city and senator express it doesn't surprise me that not one single time has tha Carnival Barker been put forth to answer questions from the public about this service.

In the last year not one single time has the Carnival Barker appeared before an airport board meeting.

They only want to appear in one sided presentations where Pic Pac Jill asks prepared questions and the public once again is left out.

Amazing to me that the airport board spent 210,00.00 of our money, not to mention what the Barker is getting, and not one single appearance during a board meeting. I am of the opinion that the board members minds were made up 5 minutes after Frankie Justice met with the Carnival Barker. You can't offend the hand that feeds you can you Jack?

Once again the hard working taxpayer got screwed by the political power bunch and the ANE turned a blind eye. Got to protect that future invite into the snoot club I suppose.
Another concerned pilot

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

I heard Bill Hickman asked the board to meet one at a time in private with Luke Shmidt. Why would he and Shmidt want that? What's so secret about it that he didn't even want to discuss anything with the board that is and was paying him so much money?

Why won't Shmidt meet with them in an open forum? What's wrong with the man? Why won't even one of the other five board members agree with Mr. Wagner on telling Shmidt they have a right to know what is going on?

The board of directors has not shown me ever even once any interest at all in the airport, its safety, its longevity or anything other than a desire to get along with Frankie Justice by doing what he has let them know he wanted. Remember the property he wanted? Bill Hickman made sure it happened. Who wanted the seemingly already crashed and burned commercial airplane? Frankie Justice apparently rules those he appoints and those who just want to say they are important because they are on some board. Nevermind going to meetings. Just three times a year and blow 5 and a half million dollars.
Mayday Mayday

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

One on one meetings outside a public setting has all the signs of corruption in my opinion.

If as you tell me this Luke Schmidt didn't appear before the board to present the details of the current service as well be open for questions then I think something stinks about this deal.

Then with just a few hours between meeting notice and the vote this deal was done. To me that was legal hostage taking of the airport by the city and their supporters on the board.

Way to many questionable activities around this air service and we the public are still being left in the dark. Why can't we book flights yet? Why doesn't anyone at the airport help us when we call and ask for Luke or Bill? These are the spokesmen I see in the paper talking about Appalachian Air. How about making yourselves available to someone other than Jill.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville