Millard Elementary or Elkhorn City Elementary?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2013
Angel Mills

Winchester, KY

#1 Jul 19, 2012
I'll be living up that way next summer and would like to know what the parents think about the schools.
Parent Who Knows

Pikeville, KY

#2 Jul 19, 2012
It would probably be better for your child to go to Elkhorn, they have the best teacher's to help your child with East Ridge's goal's in Math, Social Studdie's, Reading, Sceince, and lot's more. And they also have the best Vollyball and Basketball team you could ever ask for. Elkhorn is an acheivement school. Your child will love it. :)
Parent

Sharpsburg, KY

#3 Jul 19, 2012
You would be wise to choose Millard. Administration is very substandard at Elkhorn. Kids are bullied and they ignore the issue. At least Millard's principal won't lie to you to make you feel warm and cozy. Best of luck.
New Millard Grade School

Pikeville, KY

#4 Jul 19, 2012
In 2045, wait until they kick Frank out and we will have a new Millard Grade for your kid to go to.
True

Pikeville, KY

#5 Jul 19, 2012
Millard is a terrible school, the teachers don't care, the children basically run wild, the administration is hateful, Elkhorn is just a better school if you want your kids to be prepared for high school and want them to go to a school without all the cliques
heard

Jackson, KY

#6 Jul 19, 2012
My little girls head start, teachers were great.. but alot of the other teachers are hateful.. an the principal is also... but they say elkhorn is better, an the food at millard is really disgusting. I have seen them give the kids frozen food for lunch an breakfast... I volunteer alot there when my baby girl was in school
experience

Pikeville, KY

#7 Jul 19, 2012
I have worked at both schools in the past. Personally, I have never worked with a better bunch of people than Millard. Going in, I was welcomed and felt like I belonged. My child also goes there. He has had some great teachers throughout the years.
millard

Pikeville, KY

#8 Jul 20, 2012
Millard elementary
no comparison

Pikeville, KY

#9 Jul 21, 2012
I also have worked as an aide in both, and BY FAR Millard is the better of the 2!! There's not even a hesitation about it!! If you want your child to get the best of EVERYTHING, then you better take it to Millard! They've won awards several times over the years for being one of the TOP elementary schools in the state and country, and it was published in some magazine but I can't remember the name of it, sorry! Another thing that gives Millard an advantage that doesn't pertain to the education aspect is the "family" feel you get from EVERYONE! They're really no comparison, believe me!
No doubt

Pikeville, KY

#10 Jul 22, 2012
I've had my kids at both Elkhorn Elem and Millard and Millard is by far the better school all the way around! No contest there!
Elkhorn is awful

Pikeville, KY

#11 Mar 20, 2013
When i went there all i seen was kids get beat up an bullied an everyone there was very stuck up an even some teachers
But at millard it was like a big family an everone stuck up for each other an really the only problem there was at millard the athletics but they have got soo much better
Elkhorn is awful

Pikeville, KY

#12 Mar 20, 2013
No doubt wrote:
I've had my kids at both Elkhorn Elem and Millard and Millard is by far the better school all the way around! No contest there!
couldnt agree more
True

Elkhorn City, KY

#13 Mar 20, 2013
Elkhorn Is awful. Some great teachers. Administration is definately lacking. Money is mishandled. Don't know much about Millard.
A 100 PERCENT JOKE

Elkhorn City, KY

#14 Mar 23, 2013
Millard's principal is the farthest person from telling the truth. He is a joke at his job.
Terribly bad to talk about parents after they leave their office.
Khhgf

Elkhorn City, KY

#15 Mar 23, 2013
Elkhorn's principal is such a liar. He has talked bad about every staff member there. Someone needs to check on how the money is spent. An audit maybe?
Millard

Elkhorn City, KY

#16 Mar 24, 2013
Millard is better by far. Elkhorn has an ass clown for a principal.
What Is this one called

Elkhorn City, KY

#17 Mar 25, 2013
Millard wrote:
Millard is better by far. Elkhorn has an ass clown for a principal.
If that is true for Elkhorn??? What in the Name of this Forsaken /forbidden world is the JOKE at Millard called...

LOL

Virgie, KY

#18 Apr 2, 2013
Parent Who Knows wrote:
It would probably be better for your child to go to Elkhorn, they have the best teacher's to help your child with East Ridge's goal's in Math, Social Studdie's, Reading, Sceince, and lot's more. And they also have the best Vollyball and Basketball team you could ever ask for. Elkhorn is an acheivement school. Your child will love it.:)
Best volleyball team?!? Lolol they got 3rd in tournament...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Obama Zombies 151,221
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min Fact 1,411
I don't know what Holler Monkey means…can someo... 32 min amandapanda 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 37 min Mike Duquette 130,514
deputy shoots at unarmed man 1 hr bssssssssssss 97
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Advertisment 26,226
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr living dead girl 21,405
Ginseng Prices 2013 (Oct '13) 2 hr Bannie 70
pikeville medical center affairs (Apr '13) Thu naughty nurse 93
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pikeville People Search