East Ridge on Lockdown

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What

Elkhorn City, KY

#1 Dec 20, 2012
What's going on up there? There were 10 state trooper cars this morning and I also heard someone possibly brought a handgun to school!? What's the world coming to? Someone anyone please l,eat me know what's happened or happening?
Nothing

Pikeville, KY

#2 Dec 20, 2012
Haven't heard anythng

You're just one who wants to start a rumor I'm sure
so get a life

Lets hope your stupid @s is wrong

Wait it just crossee my mind

I AM THE IDIOT
for even replying to your silly lame post

:)
:)
well

Elkhorn City, KY

#3 Dec 20, 2012
If anything, the teachers have one. That place looks like a prison. I met someone passing through once looking for Vansant, Va and thought it was a prison.
What

Elkhorn City, KY

#4 Dec 20, 2012
And no I'm not one that likes to start rumors! Maybe the person who told me was exaggerating or something but I was told this. I couldn't find anything on the net about it either and still haven't! So thank God that nothing happened! Don't be so quick to judge, you know God is watching. I own the right to speak and I can ask a question. I wasn't starting a rumor , as u can see it was a question! Maybe you're the one who likes to start rumors since you took my question out of context and accused me of a rumor. Ha
ER_threat

Elkhorn City, KY

#5 Dec 20, 2012
a student threatened to bring a gun to school so they had the cops there to make sure no one entered the school early and to check everything out. they try to play it off as rumors but they facts are the facts. they didnt take it serious enuf to let the parents know but they had the KSP there to make sure? maybe the school needs to be cleaned out and a new administration brought in cuz "Mr Snout"...i mean Mr Justice def dont need to run a school if he cant even let the parents know what is goin on. he is lucky that it didnt really happen or law suits would have poured down on him for tryin to play it off as just a rumor and not even take it serious.
Pathetic

Stanford, KY

#6 Dec 20, 2012
I was up there this morning and din't see a thing, but they could have shown up after I left. If true I would like to know.
What

Elkhorn City, KY

#7 Dec 20, 2012
See I was partially right! I'd,like to know to for sure!, shelbiana is a rumor starter!
Crazy

Carlisle, KY

#8 Dec 20, 2012
ER_threat wrote:
a student threatened to bring a gun to school so they had the cops there to make sure no one entered the school early and to check everything out. they try to play it off as rumors but they facts are the facts. they didnt take it serious enuf to let the parents know but they had the KSP there to make sure? maybe the school needs to be cleaned out and a new administration brought in cuz "Mr Snout"...i mean Mr Justice def dont need to run a school if he cant even let the parents know what is goin on. he is lucky that it didnt really happen or law suits would have poured down on him for tryin to play it off as just a rumor and not even take it serious.
I would think if KSP was there and this were true it would have been on radio or news. Stop trying to start trouble. Mr. Justice I may say has done nothing but good for that school. I would not want his job.
Parent

Clovis, NM

#9 Dec 20, 2012
It isnt a rumor they were there the entire day. My son is a student at the school and told me about the boy making the threat yesterday. I do feel that the school should have informed the parents but Im just thankful nothing happened and the kids are all safe.
ER_threat

Elkhorn City, KY

#10 Dec 21, 2012
now another parent on here to tell u that it went on....what else does it take. u can defend ole snout all u want but the truth is it should have been told to the parents instead of coverin it up to make the money for the kids in attendance. the money was far more important than the safety of the kids. now i ask...what makes ole snout so good, all he is worried about it keepin it covered up so he profits more for the school, just sick if u ask me. all parents should band together and seek the removal of him if thats how he is gonna handle a situation that could take the lifes of innocent children.
Lock it Down

Clay City, KY

#11 Dec 21, 2012
and throw away the key! That place is a joke..
curious

Paintsville, KY

#12 Dec 21, 2012
I just have a question, why are you guys so upset at the fact they did not call the parents? To a certain point I do get it, you want to know about your child's safety I get that but they did do what I think was right, they called the cops and took steps to ensure that nothing was going to happen, why sue someone or kick a person or group out of a school that is obviously taking your child's safety into serious consideration.. Maybe I'm just wrong about it but to me it seems that you just want something to bitch about, my personal opinion anyways.
ER_threat

Elkhorn City, KY

#13 Dec 21, 2012
defend them if u want but what if the kid had brought a gun and killed some students? parents might not have wanted to send a child to a place that is threatened with murder already. its a thing called love. check it out sometime and u will know why we are upset about it. semester exams were schedule for thursday and do u really think a test in school is more important than the life of the child? all involved should lose their jobs, down the cops that went there and didnt alert any parents or media or anything. its sickenin to think what all they do let slide up there just to save face in the community.
curious

Paintsville, KY

#14 Dec 21, 2012
ER_threat wrote:
defend them if u want but what if the kid had brought a gun and killed some students? parents might not have wanted to send a child to a place that is threatened with murder already. its a thing called love. check it out sometime and u will know why we are upset about it. semester exams were schedule for thursday and do u really think a test in school is more important than the life of the child? all involved should lose their jobs, down the cops that went there and didnt alert any parents or media or anything. its sickenin to think what all they do let slide up there just to save face in the community.
Im not "defending" anyone, just asked a simple question, and how do you know that they heard about the threat before school started? It could have been after class started and it would be a complete mess if students parents are called in and said they where on lockdown, parents would get in trouble trying to get their kids out and to me that is more dangerous than a treat with cops to protect the student. The cops would have to pay attention to the parents trying to calm them down instead of doing the job that they where called there to do. I do believe they did take the correct precautions and please don't act like I have no idea what love is, I wasn't born yesterday and again these are my opinions and you can completely disagree with them, but with the logic you just gave me seems like if they did what you wanted them to do then it would have caused more harm then help...just sayin
ER_threat

Elkhorn City, KY

#15 Dec 21, 2012
the threat happened on weds and they announced if any students missed school they wouldnt be able to make up the semester exams and then played it off as no big deal when i called up there to ask them about it. thats how i know. they all deserve to lose their lic to be a part of any school system in my opinion.
ER_threat

Elkhorn City, KY

#16 Dec 21, 2012
they felt a need to alert the police about it but if it was no big deal then why was the parents not notified weds evening with some kind of paperwork or something. all goes back to the greed of the ppl wantin money for the students to be at school even if there is a threat, they only care about fattening their own pockets and if a few kids get killed then oh well is how i see their actions. im gonna start a petition and have parents sign it so i can send it to the state educational officials as well as other news media sources and all, see if they like that kind of attention up there on the hill. i bet america as a whole would agree with me on this one especially knowin what just happened in connecticut.
curious

Paintsville, KY

#17 Dec 21, 2012
Since they knew about it Wed. evening they could have called the cops that night. The cops went to the boys house and talked to him about it, then just to make the students and parents feel safe because of the Connecticut shooting they asked the police to stand guard all day just to make everyone feel better. You have no idea that these thing didn't happen, not saying they did because I don't know myself but to me that's what it seems like to me.
I Think

Carlisle, KY

#18 Dec 21, 2012
Pathetic wrote:
I was up there this morning and din't see a thing, but they could have shown up after I left. If true I would like to know.
Sounds like Mr. Richmond,Ky has moved to Oil Springs, Ky. Read the above post. If they had been there they would have saw the Police.
ER_threat

Elkhorn City, KY

#19 Dec 21, 2012
even if they did do all that its still wrong to not inform the parents therefore they deserve to be gone. i think the parents should have the right to know b4 they send their kids to school with a threat of that nature. its irresponsible on the schools part and KSP as well. they are now considered just as low as the thieving dopeheads in my book. i bet if the cops had a child they wouldnt have been so hush hush about it to all the other cops that have children there. maybe some national news coverage would serve this corrupt county and KSP post 9 some service. they have no right to keep something of that nature away from the parents who trust them to keep the kids safe...now come monday if the boy does decide to take the gun up there and kill someone how are they gonna explain that to everyone.
curious

Paintsville, KY

#20 Dec 21, 2012
I Think wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like Mr. Richmond,Ky has moved to Oil Springs, Ky. Read the above post. If they had been there they would have saw the Police.
Honestly your post has just confused the hell out of me, are you saying that I am the same person that is posting from Richmond, KY? Im not just so you know. And I don't understand your last sentence at all? If who would have been there? The parents? The kid that was taking the gun? The police? lol I tired but I can still think a little bit. Just confused please explain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 21 min Jen 23,082
Judge Friend dead? 1 hr Curious 3
Underground tunnels in Pikeville (Jul '14) 1 hr Rodney Scott 13
New Jailer job? 2 hr amazed in Pike co... 14
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr HistoricallySpeaking 133,399
PMC Affairs 3 hr Really 61
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 3 hr Kyboy 21,833
Hospital Perks 4 hr Pam Dawson 11
Pike Co. Solid Waste Bill problems 5 hr Garbag- Co-is-Gar... 6
The May Administration Thu Dumb Ass 21
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]