First Prev
of 6
Next Last
honey bee

Elkhorn City, KY

#104 Aug 16, 2013
No Events Planned wrote:
The City Manager said that when the City took over the Expo that the Management Group that has done a terrible Job would be fired.
Instead the City extended their Contract and the Expo has become worse than ever. The whole place is a joke now with lousy service and cancelled Concerts.
Great Job City of Pikeville.
well never fear, the beatles will save the day!!!
lmfao!!
the beatles impersonators...that is the big plan to save the expo and save face.
i seen huey lewis is coming to ashland.
bryan adams is going to be in louisville.
i mean, ok, these are older guys from the 80's but the tickets are selling well and at least they are the real thing, not fake.
what is next expo????
elvis? michael jackson? johnny cash?
living dead girl

Harold, KY

#105 Aug 16, 2013
Digging up the dead (elvis, hendrix, joplin, morrison, cash, jackson, and many others, tickets on sale friday (they wont last).everything expires tour.
brett

Virgie, KY

#106 Aug 16, 2013
If u don't like country music then u can gggeeettt out
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

#107 Aug 16, 2013
living dead girl wrote:
Digging up the dead (elvis, hendrix, joplin, morrison, cash, jackson, and many others, tickets on sale friday (they wont last).everything expires tour.
wej ust don't like bad Music.
tigger

United States

#108 Aug 16, 2013
We don't like u. Not everybody likes country.I've heard that this upcoming concert has sold very few tickets.proof that country doesn't sell well .most ppl aren't gonna pay to see crap be it rock,country ,rap.bigger acts.they might sell tickets.
pauladeens cousin bubba

Elkhorn City, KY

#109 Aug 16, 2013
it isnt that country doesnt sell, but its the country acts like rodney atkins or brantely gilbert or some of those that have been there several times already.
i would bet if jason aldean or zac brown or some bigger, more well known acts were to come to the expo, that ticket sales would be pretty decent.
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

#110 Aug 17, 2013
pauladeens cousin bubba wrote:
it isnt that country doesnt sell, but its the country acts like rodney atkins or brantely gilbert or some of those that have been there several times already.
i would bet if jason aldean or zac brown or some bigger, more well known acts were to come to the expo, that ticket sales would be pretty decent.
The Expo is a complete failure thanks to the City.
fyi

Pikeville, KY

#111 Aug 17, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>The Expo is a complete failure thanks to the City.
Just because you don't see a lot of music venues there doesn't mean it isn't being used.
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

#112 Aug 17, 2013
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you don't see a lot of music venues there doesn't mean it isn't being used.
Name something it has been used for in the last 60 Days.
snake man of app

Elkhorn City, KY

#113 Aug 17, 2013
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
what is it being used for, storage???
i heard the court house was about to run out of room storing all the files they have on all the corrupt cops and lawyers, so i bet thats what the expo is being used for now.
that and the secret underground tunnels.
did you know that under the ground they have tunnels to the courthouse and the new one as well and they have full bar and strip club.
vip rooms too.
snake man of app

Elkhorn City, KY

#114 Aug 17, 2013
<quoted text>Name something it has been used for in the last 60 Days.
they should turn it into a mega church, then the place would be full every sunday, all the holier than thous of pike county would show up with their fancy shoes and hats to make sure everyone seen them in church and how much they love the lord their god.
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

#115 Aug 17, 2013
snake man of app wrote:
<quoted text>they should turn it into a mega church, then the place would be full every sunday, all the holier than thous of pike county would show up with their fancy shoes and hats to make sure everyone seen them in church and how much they love the lord their god.
lmfao
tigger

United States

#116 Aug 17, 2013
snake man of app wrote:
<quoted text>they should turn it into a mega church, then the place would be full every sunday, all the holier than thous of pike county would show up with their fancy shoes and hats to make sure everyone seen them in church and how much they love the lord their god.
good one.lol
Just Do Something

Clay City, KY

#117 Aug 17, 2013
Now the area in front of the place is being utilized. The Main Street programs brings in different venues twice a month and it brings in a respectable crowd. The EXPO staff cooks, runs the bar and sells some stuff so at least that is some usage. Could have done the same thing with a parking lot but no matter, maybe do the Main Street Live late fall through winter inside, charge a small cover and sell some beer and food. Just a suggestion, try it and see if it works. The summer Main Street is free but in a recreation challenged place like Pikeville you might be able to charge a small cover in the winter!
PikeCoGuy

Elkhorn City, KY

#118 Aug 17, 2013
I think the Expo Center has so far done what it was built to do... It's had a few decent concerts over the years, but I have to agree with most people when I say that whoever is managing the artists that are booked has a very biased taste in country music.

It was a very risky thing to do in such a small town, and of course it's going to have its economic down times, but I think it was and continues to be a key building in the future development of Pikeville.
fyi

Pikeville, KY

#119 Aug 17, 2013
<quoted text>Name something it has been used for in the last 60 Days.
Call and ask about renting the place for a private event and you will find out. Went to a beautiful wedding reception there.
snake man of app

Elkhorn City, KY

#120 Aug 17, 2013
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
Call and ask about renting the place for a private event and you will find out. Went to a beautiful wedding reception there.
well whooopp didddy doo dooo dooooo, good for you rich ass stuck up snob.
to rent the entire expo out for a wedding reception, wow, who was getting married????
who in pike county is that well liked and popular, ummmm, no one!!!!!
too good to have your reception at a church rec room like the rest of america i guess.
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

#121 Aug 18, 2013
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
lmfao

A 30 Million Dollar Wedding Reception Facility.

Lmfao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min DITCH MITCH 13,529
murder in letcher county (Jan '14) 10 min TomHagan 329
UMG Indicted or Invited 16 min UMG raising fees 2
Ray Jones Campaigned for W Keith Hall 16 min Baby Ray 2
Appalachian Air 18 min Al Qaeda 1
Barry Chaney Slaps Table in Disgust 21 min Barry Used Illegals 7
$$127,400. wow 25 min Mickey Donovan 47
FBI Comes To Pike 3 hr Cooperating Witness 10
State rep and mine inspector indicted on briber... 3 hr Amy 22
What is the reason that the BOE elections are s... 10 hr Shameful 49