Good Echo Cavern

Richmond, KY

#62 Jul 12, 2013
Brush the cobwebs from the entrance portals and go in and yell red ink! Instead of coming back red ink, red ink, red ink! The echo comes back Donnie B, Donnie B., Donnie B....lol

I bet the county and state are dancing on a pony keg, tickled to death to dump this loser on some unsuspecting fool...get some in that knows how to manage it without skimming off half the proceeds or shut it down. We need a break down of how much this burg cost the taxpayers in utilities, operation fee's, maintenance and operation cost per year.

Bet everyone will be shocked to know how much it brings in to local tax base as opposed to how much city tax it takes to operate it...Where's the figures, the math won't lie.
brian

Harold, KY

#63 Jul 12, 2013
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
They are actually doing better now. The concert was cancelled by the promoters due to low ticket sales. The Expo has no control over consumers not buying tickets to a concert.
hobastank , imean really, marlow tackett could sale more tickets, need more kid rock , Miranda lambert , korn , I love all music , but some of these band they have should be beat with there guitars. and as far as my spelling goes , yes im a uneducated holler rat , glad I saved someone the trouble of posting that !!!
tigger

United States

#64 Jul 12, 2013
That one hit wonder tour would have been huge,if anybody had gave a dam.I'm not wasting my $40 for a ticket to here one song.that will almost fill up my gas tank.sell it ,let walter paint it black
Quality Of Lifeless

Shelbiana, KY

#65 Jul 28, 2013
Good Echo Cavern wrote:
Brush the cobwebs from the entrance portals and go in and yell red ink! Instead of coming back red ink, red ink, red ink! The echo comes back Donnie B, Donnie B., Donnie B....lol
I bet the county and state are dancing on a pony keg, tickled to death to dump this loser on some unsuspecting fool...get some in that knows how to manage it without skimming off half the proceeds or shut it down. We need a break down of how much this burg cost the taxpayers in utilities, operation fee's, maintenance and operation cost per year.
Bet everyone will be shocked to know how much it brings in to local tax base as opposed to how much city tax it takes to operate it...Where's the figures, the math won't lie.
DB said he could not put a Number on that, it is a Quality of Life Issue you know.
chipper

Waco, KY

#66 Jul 31, 2013
ive been to a few events there but now they never bring anything worth going to kid rock sold out in hours poision sold out in hours why cant they bring acts like that i seen an interveiw with kid rock and said it was best place he played all year and that he sold more t shirts in pikeville than anywhere he played why hasnt he been back come on we want to be entertained that should be the purpose of the expo center not the crap their doing now
doubt it

Elkhorn City, KY

#67 Jul 31, 2013
chipper wrote:
ive been to a few events there but now they never bring anything worth going to kid rock sold out in hours poision sold out in hours why cant they bring acts like that i seen an interveiw with kid rock and said it was best place he played all year and that he sold more t shirts in pikeville than anywhere he played why hasnt he been back come on we want to be entertained that should be the purpose of the expo center not the crap their doing now
i was told by a pretty reliable source, all the politics aside for a minute, that the real reason they cant get anyone good to play is because they just wont.
this person told me that the management would have meetings with the employees and ask for suggestions on shows etc, and then he would totally ignore what they would suggest and go ahead and book the country acts and the few bands they could get to play for nothing.
and you are right early on they did have some pretty decent acts, kid rock, carrie underwood, zz top,
i went to see shinedown and three doors down the first time and it was packed.
it was packed when tim mcgraw played as well.
now its been exactly one year since tim mcgraw played and almost one year since lynyrd skynyrd played last and who have they had since???
brantley gilbert
rodney atkins????
come on expo, you are missing it.
City Failed

Shelbiana, KY

#68 Aug 1, 2013
chipper wrote:
The City has not changed anything there but the Name on the Bills.
tigger

United States

#69 Aug 1, 2013
I heard they banned kid rock.big whoop he had strippers. He sold the place out.the expo is gonna go belly up. It sits there empty everyday.weekends. Nothing.why even have the place its hardly ever used. Unless you're rich and can afford to rent it.paint it black.turn it into a Va hospital.then it would get used.
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#70 Aug 1, 2013
tigger wrote:
I heard they banned kid rock.big whoop he had strippers. He sold the place out.the expo is gonna go belly up. It sits there empty everyday.weekends. Nothing.why even have the place its hardly ever used. Unless you're rich and can afford to rent it.paint it black.turn it into a Va hospital.then it would get used.
It is a waste of money.
well huh

Elkhorn City, KY

#71 Aug 1, 2013
tigger wrote:
actually that isnt a bad idea, but leave walt and the black tower of terror crowd out of it cause they will kill the vets in record numbers.
Strippers

Phelps, KY

#72 Aug 1, 2013
tigger wrote:
They were in a TV ad that your children got to see.
Strippers

Phelps, KY

#73 Aug 1, 2013
Jerry's Restaurant !!!!! All the way!!!!!
tigger

United States

#74 Aug 1, 2013
I don't have kids.hell if u have cable u see a lot worse than that.
Best

Chicago, IL

#75 Aug 1, 2013
tigger wrote:
It would be better if the county ran the Expo.
lmaolmaolmaolmao lmaolmao

Elkhorn City, KY

#76 Aug 1, 2013
Best wrote:
<quoted text>It would be better if the county ran the Expo.
let me run it i would turn it into the worlds biggest pecker and titty bar
i mean literally the biggest titties
pike counyies biggest girls apply
True True

Phelps, KY

#77 Aug 1, 2013
tigger wrote:
Just not paid for with water and sewer money!
chipper

Waco, KY

#78 Aug 1, 2013
darn how did i miss the strippers at the kid rock concert i was there i didnt see them hate i missed that still a great show
Lmao

Chicago, IL

#79 Aug 1, 2013
chipper wrote:
darn how did i miss the strippers at the kid rock concert i was there i didnt see them hate i missed that still a great show
lets turn it into Coal Town
Wrestling

Waco, KY

#80 Aug 1, 2013
Can midget wrestling save the Expo? Does anyone know any midgets?
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#81 Aug 2, 2013
Lmao wrote:
<quoted text>lets turn it into Coal Town
Let us turn it into Pikeville Commons.

Lmfao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min Nobodyimportant 164,802
Trump Failed Again 18 min Greatest President 2
Sanctuary Cities 3 hr Trump Failed Again 85
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 3 hr Trump Has Lied 5,040
Wicca 6 hr Who dat 19
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 9 hr BB Board 37,138
Masturbating Women Appreciation Thread 10 hr Chester 3
Eric conn is on the run Mon Deep State 81

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages