Congratulations

Wilson, NC

#21 Jul 8, 2013
Non Sense wrote:
<quoted text>What is a "restruant"?
You pointed out their misspelled word. You win the internet! Yay!!!! Flippin' douche.
lonzo

Virgie, KY

#22 Jul 8, 2013
They r getting bad groups and r not advertising!! Simple do better!!
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#23 Jul 8, 2013
Congratulations wrote:
<quoted text>
You pointed out their misspelled word. You win the internet! Yay!!!! Flippin' douche.
You stupid pos.
Big Mac

Martin, KY

#24 Jul 8, 2013
wait wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally someone who understands.
I understand that if you have a bad management that is getting big time into your profit or over head you either run it yourself or hire another manager. Economy, hell the whole country is in an economic down turn. Why did they hire the same lame bunch back when they had the chance to shop around for someone that might break even down there. Got a lot of dead wood sitting on their azz down at the city, why don't the city manage it and cut out the middle man? The thing was in trouble when Donnie B picked it up, they should have waited until it crashed and picked it up a lot cheaper. At least waited until the sorry management they have now contract ran out.
The city bought it, it is their obligation to the tax payers of Pikeville to make it work. This ain't no imaginary civic center, they bit the bullit on this one. No excuses, the Pikeville city Tax payers can't keep wasting their tax dollars on this burg, make it happen. If the imaginary airline had been put in maybe some would come to Pikeville, most big name acts don't like to take the bus.
did you know

Kermit, WV

#25 Jul 8, 2013
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
How many seats does the MAC have? I don't know if the Expo could sell 6500 tickets to see Crystal Gayle or Percy Sledge. Didn't George Jones do a concert at the Expo?
The MAC has 1,054 seats. If Pikeville can't book a concert to sell 1,000 tickets, close the doors. The MAC has country, bluegrass, gospel, plays for school-age kids, Big Sandy Idol, front-porch pickin, and many other venues to attract different tastes. Sounds like they need someone with some "manager skills."
Nuts

Butler, TN

#26 Jul 8, 2013
I was planning to go see Kip Moore during hillbilly days ... The price for tickets were a little expensive and my plans changed anyway ... But I will go there sooner or later ! Hope they get good artists .. Kip Moore is really good I saw him in concert somewhere else and really enjoyed seeing him! Florida Georgia line is awesome maybe pike can book em... Ill be there for that one!
lazerdogs

Stephenville, TX

#28 Jul 8, 2013
How many times can you go watch Three Door Down before jumping off the over look, yes?

“Pink is your new obsession!!”

Since: Mar 13

Ojai, CA

#29 Jul 8, 2013
lazerdogs wrote:
How many times can you go watch Three Door Down before jumping off the over look, yes?
umm, six???
lol, and i feel the same way about brantley filbert.
steve st. john, is he still the manager there?
i was told that he had zero, zilch, nada idea and just more or less pulls names out of a hat.
i heard he tried to book ike turner four times before he realized the man was dead!!!
Funny

Corbin, KY

#30 Jul 8, 2013
pink sugarplum wrote:
<quoted text>umm, six???
lol, and i feel the same way about brantley filbert.
steve st. john, is he still the manager there?
i was told that he had zero, zilch, nada idea and just more or less pulls names out of a hat.
i heard he tried to book ike turner four times before he realized the man was dead!!!
But true, you got an employee trashing all the truth about the expo on this thread, giving the trash judge symbols. However the figures don't lie, the place is a money pit, a big boondoggle and a burden on the Pikeville Tax payers and as the economy gets worse it will do even worse. They never book anything the people with the money will come out to and the management could not manage their way out of their own way! How this burg got dumped on Pike city I'll never know. Weld up the doors and fill it with water, we will make an Olympic swimming pool out of it.

Ojai, CA

#31 Jul 8, 2013
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
But true, you got an employee trashing all the truth about the expo on this thread, giving the trash judge symbols. However the figures don't lie, the place is a money pit, a big boondoggle and a burden on the Pikeville Tax payers and as the economy gets worse it will do even worse. They never book anything the people with the money will come out to and the management could not manage their way out of their own way! How this burg got dumped on Pike city I'll never know. Weld up the doors and fill it with water, we will make an Olympic swimming pool out of it.
thats not a bad idea, maybe put in a pool and an ice rink, let people ice skate or roller skate or go swimming, maybe have track meets there, if there was a running track
lol
what happened to the idea of having big banquets and conventions there??
i have an idea, no hotels
sure there are one or two, but not the kind these convention goers want, you know, with room service and late night alcohol
Mel

Georgetown, KY

#32 Jul 8, 2013
Non Sense wrote:
<quoted text>What is a "restruant"?
It's where the fancy rich people eat!
Mel

Georgetown, KY

#33 Jul 8, 2013
tigger wrote:
U can't keep bringing crap,charging outrageous prices,and expect us to go see it. This last concert failed cause they all had one song apiece .that's it.definately not worth the almost $40 tickets. I've driven over 5 hrs to a concert and spent $$$on tickets and got a hell of a show.if I like the band I will spend my money,if not I won't. Not everybody likes country.wise up folks.
I've seen some pretty good shows at the Expo. Styx and Journey stick out in my mind. I saw both bands back in the early 80's and I can tell you that I enjoyed their performance better at the Expo. Now, I admit I'm not into country and I wish they would get more classic bands there, but that is no reason to blast the place. It does serve a purpose. If you don't like it then just don't go to any performances.
Mel

Georgetown, KY

#34 Jul 8, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>The Expo sucks like you.
You know, WTF, your insults would have more impact if you would come up with something original. Telling me I suck for the hundreth time is getting old.
Sucks

Pikeville, KY

#35 Jul 8, 2013
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
They are actually doing better now. The concert was cancelled by the promoters due to low ticket sales. The Expo has no control over consumers not buying tickets to a concert.
Ticket sales are low because they haven't had a decent show there in years.
Sucks

Pikeville, KY

#36 Jul 8, 2013
Mel wrote:
How do you measure success of failure? Do you compare the Expo to Rupp Arena or the MAC? Was it built to make a profit? The reason for building the Expo was to help Pikeville and the surrounding area. The businesses in Pikeville has been helped by the Expo. Anytime there is an event at the Expo there are always more people in the local restruants. Of course the economy has affected the Expo just as it has affected every arena, concert hall and such. Watch any sports event on tv. Other than playoffs you don't see as many people in the stands.
The Expo was not designed to attract the biggest performers. You will never see Paul McCartney perform here. It was made for performers who play 10,000 seats or less forums. Now Hank Williams, Jr. makes a bundle of money every time he comes to the Expo and he can't get over how well he is recieved here.(I know this personally).
The Expo is a success as far as what it was desinged to do. To help support the area. As I mentioned, whenever there is something at the Expo, the local restruants and business have more people that usual. It helps the businesses. That is worth having the Expo here.
What, the local economy is boosted a few times per year and that is suppose to justify the increase in every city tax possible ?!? They have created a handful of jobs and none of the area businesses that you have mentioned are creating more jobs either..it's a fail all the way around..and if it were state run like it was intended to begin with we might actually see some progress, and I fully expect it to become another extension of PMC at any moment.

Ojai, CA

#37 Jul 9, 2013
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, WTF, your insults would have more impact if you would come up with something original. Telling me I suck for the hundreth time is getting old.
heshe cant come up with anything original, they are using windows 95 and search engine takes 2 hours to upload anything.
now call me a slut or a dumb cracker, come on, i double dog dare ya
lol
as for the expo, yes, it serves a purpose or at least it was supposed to.
what was the last actual concert they had there?
was it brantley gilbert, part 4? or kip moore?
whoever those guys are.
tigger

United States

#38 Jul 9, 2013
Not everybody likes country.the expo is failing cause the doors are closed 95% of the time,if u want the place to succeed have something in there at least twice a week ,oh we can't do that. Brantley might not be available,three or four concerts a year that will keep the lights on.yeah right.diversity,more than one or two acts that are desperate enough to come back here.I went to riverbend last year,saw def leppard.they're old but can still sell it out.they had a will call if tickets come available ,the ones who have the money to buy tickets are your 30/40's/50. Not teenagers ,think about all those bands from the hey days of rock.they can sell the tickets.poison,journey.both done really well here.
Funny

Corbin, KY

#39 Jul 9, 2013
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen some pretty good shows at the Expo. Styx and Journey stick out in my mind. I saw both bands back in the early 80's and I can tell you that I enjoyed their performance better at the Expo. Now, I admit I'm not into country and I wish they would get more classic bands there, but that is no reason to blast the place. It does serve a purpose. If you don't like it then just don't go to any performances.
One good one every year don't pay the bills, how about one a month just to break even...anybody can get lucky once a year!
Nuts

Butler, TN

#40 Jul 9, 2013
I used to go to freedom hall to see all the big rock shows.... Tesla - warrant- poison- on an on .. But when grunge come out the hall quit selling tix... So every once in a while they may have a good one I recently saw Train there.... It seemed huge when I was a teen now it's not even what I remember it being ... Expo can do good but music is having a hard time everyone has changed ... Look at the voice and American idol...rock and country are struggling CDs don't sale it's just singles on iTunes ...I'd love to see Bon jovi or kiss again they do great shows ... But most everyone I know is into the country kick!!! Can't sale a cd prob can't sale tix... Sorry
What happened to money

Cynthiana, KY

#41 Jul 9, 2013
If the Expo isn't bringing any events for the community to want to come out to see, then why did they raise taxes on local businesses? I thought that the extra fees on restaurants in city limits was going to be used to fund the Expo so they could keep it open and operating to bring in events that would draw people in to boost the local economy? So far, there hasn't really been an event that I can recall that has boosted the local economy in downtown for such an event! Where is this added tax revenue generated from local businesses going, if they are not using it to generate events at the Expo Center? Anyone know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pikevilla apt 33 min renters 2
David Hefner is a child filming perv 39 min whos that guy 4
Kenneth Ford (Oct '13) 2 hr Dart 12
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 4 hr Hercules 28,418
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 6 hr One Eyed Willy 269
Commonwealth VS Kevin Rowe (Mar '08) 6 hr Well well well 635
Paul Patton wont allow rebel flags at UPIKE 8 hr U Crazy 7
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages