First Prev
of 6
Next Last
No Events Planned

Pikeville, KY

#1 Jul 7, 2013
The City Manager said that when the City took over the Expo that the Management Group that has done a terrible Job would be fired.

Instead the City extended their Contract and the Expo has become worse than ever. The whole place is a joke now with lousy service and cancelled Concerts.

Great Job City of Pikeville.
Told You So

Pikeville, KY

#2 Jul 7, 2013
I seem to remember that alot of People said the Expo would be a huge failure.

Look at it now.
tigger

United States

#3 Jul 7, 2013
It was ment to fail .sell it to the hospital,let them paint it black.
lmao

Clay City, KY

#4 Jul 7, 2013
No Events Planned wrote:
The City Manager said that when the City took over the Expo that the Management Group that has done a terrible Job would be fired.
Instead the City extended their Contract and the Expo has become worse than ever. The whole place is a joke now with lousy service and cancelled Concerts.
paint it black and make it an additional parking garage for pmc....least then maybe they would hire some people to drive shuttle buses.
not true

Pikeville, KY

#5 Jul 7, 2013
No Events Planned wrote:
They are actually doing better now. The concert was cancelled by the promoters due to low ticket sales. The Expo has no control over consumers not buying tickets to a concert.
Bull Crap

Pikeville, KY

#6 Jul 7, 2013
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
They are actually doing better now. The concert was cancelled by the promoters due to low ticket sales. The Expo has no control over consumers not buying tickets to a concert.
"No control over consumers not buying tickets to a Concert", try booking a concert someone will buy a ticket for. Every concert can't be for the teeny boppers that don't have two nickels to rub together. The baby boomers are the ones with the discretionary cash that can afford the price of a ticket, try booking something they will come out for.

These high priced tickets for a bunch of kids that can't afford to pay attention ain't working so well in a bad economy. Try booking an act every now and then the people with the money will come out and see.
wait

Pikeville, KY

#7 Jul 7, 2013
Bull Crap wrote:
<quoted text>
"No control over consumers not buying tickets to a Concert", try booking a concert someone will buy a ticket for. Every concert can't be for the teeny boppers that don't have two nickels to rub together. The baby boomers are the ones with the discretionary cash that can afford the price of a ticket, try booking something they will come out for.
These high priced tickets for a bunch of kids that can't afford to pay attention ain't working so well in a bad economy. Try booking an act every now and then the people with the money will come out and see.
Do you even understand the booking process? Pikeville is a very small venue. A lot of promoters would never consider booking anyone here. The cancelled concert was several different rock bands; not the usual country that some have complained about. Bad economy that you mentioned might really have something to do with the problem. In this economy many don't have disposable income to attend costly entertainment events.
mr obvious

Elkhorn City, KY

#8 Jul 7, 2013
they really should rename it, the brantley gilbert arena, i mean, seems they have had him there at least 3 times.
i guess thats good if you are a fan.
i dont know his music though. but there arent going to be any really big names there, unless they take it on as a quick stop addition to their tour, if they happen to be playing lexington or charleston or knoxville and are close enough to add it, get in, play an hour or two, sell a few shirts and get out.
if they arent even that close, they wont play it.
the venue is too small, they arent going to make up the money.
and pikeville doesnt have enough in the area to make it worth peoples time to drive here for a concert, big bands wont play these small venues.
Big Mac

Pikeville, KY

#9 Jul 7, 2013
wait wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even understand the booking process? Pikeville is a very small venue. A lot of promoters would never consider booking anyone here. The cancelled concert was several different rock bands; not the usual country that some have complained about. Bad economy that you mentioned might really have something to do with the problem. In this economy many don't have disposable income to attend costly entertainment events.
The Mac don't have a problem booking acts for the Mature audience! Caught George Jones there, Patty Loveless, Crystal Gayle, Marty Stewart, Percy Sledge and on and on....

The place was packed, you people just have to be able to skim a hundred thousand over the gate for the worthless outfit running the expo...I have heard this excuse before while the MAC continues to eat your lunch. Expo is a white elephant and a big a drain on the city tax payer as it was the county. The county dropped it like a hot potato for a reason "they were getting sucked dry by that white elephant"...
wondering

Pikeville, KY

#10 Jul 7, 2013
Big Mac wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mac don't have a problem booking acts for the Mature audience! Caught George Jones there, Patty Loveless, Crystal Gayle, Marty Stewart, Percy Sledge and on and on....
The place was packed, you people just have to be able to skim a hundred thousand over the gate for the worthless outfit running the expo...I have heard this excuse before while the MAC continues to eat your lunch. Expo is a white elephant and a big a drain on the city tax payer as it was the county. The county dropped it like a hot potato for a reason "they were getting sucked dry by that white elephant"...
How many seats does the MAC have? I don't know if the Expo could sell 6500 tickets to see Crystal Gayle or Percy Sledge. Didn't George Jones do a concert at the Expo?
Mel

Georgetown, KY

#11 Jul 7, 2013
How do you measure success of failure? Do you compare the Expo to Rupp Arena or the MAC? Was it built to make a profit? The reason for building the Expo was to help Pikeville and the surrounding area. The businesses in Pikeville has been helped by the Expo. Anytime there is an event at the Expo there are always more people in the local restruants. Of course the economy has affected the Expo just as it has affected every arena, concert hall and such. Watch any sports event on tv. Other than playoffs you don't see as many people in the stands.

The Expo was not designed to attract the biggest performers. You will never see Paul McCartney perform here. It was made for performers who play 10,000 seats or less forums. Now Hank Williams, Jr. makes a bundle of money every time he comes to the Expo and he can't get over how well he is recieved here.(I know this personally).

The Expo is a success as far as what it was desinged to do. To help support the area. As I mentioned, whenever there is something at the Expo, the local restruants and business have more people that usual. It helps the businesses. That is worth having the Expo here.
wait

Pikeville, KY

#12 Jul 7, 2013
Mel wrote:
How do you measure success of failure? Do you compare the Expo to Rupp Arena or the MAC? Was it built to make a profit? The reason for building the Expo was to help Pikeville and the surrounding area. The businesses in Pikeville has been helped by the Expo. Anytime there is an event at the Expo there are always more people in the local restruants. Of course the economy has affected the Expo just as it has affected every arena, concert hall and such. Watch any sports event on tv. Other than playoffs you don't see as many people in the stands.
The Expo was not designed to attract the biggest performers. You will never see Paul McCartney perform here. It was made for performers who play 10,000 seats or less forums. Now Hank Williams, Jr. makes a bundle of money every time he comes to the Expo and he can't get over how well he is recieved here.(I know this personally).
The Expo is a success as far as what it was desinged to do. To help support the area. As I mentioned, whenever there is something at the Expo, the local restruants and business have more people that usual. It helps the businesses. That is worth having the Expo here.
Finally someone who understands.
Trade Water

Prestonsburg, KY

#13 Jul 7, 2013
Mel wrote:
Who you sucking?
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#14 Jul 8, 2013
Mel wrote:
The Expo sucks like you.
sweet brown

Richmond, KY

#15 Jul 8, 2013
The expo is an abysmal failure for this area. Most of the time they have someone ive never even heard of, much less any good.
tigger

United States

#16 Jul 8, 2013
U can't keep bringing crap,charging outrageous prices,and expect us to go see it. This last concert failed cause they all had one song apiece .that's it.definately not worth the almost $40 tickets. I've driven over 5 hrs to a concert and spent $$$on tickets and got a hell of a show.if I like the band I will spend my money,if not I won't. Not everybody likes country.wise up folks.
Non Sense

Pikeville, KY

#17 Jul 8, 2013
Mel wrote:
What is a "restruant"?
Non Sense

Pikeville, KY

#18 Jul 8, 2013
wait wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally someone who understands.
He spells like Donnie B.
sweet brown

Richmond, KY

#19 Jul 8, 2013
Not everybody likes country.wise up folks.

Exactly this. This place isn't the same it was 10 or 20 years ago.
Lynyrd Skynyrd

Pikeville, KY

#20 Jul 8, 2013
They have brought the same Tribute Band 4 Times and wonder why no one buys Tickets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LITAFIK Wins DEBATE 5 min Well 27
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 12 min wtf 13,463
no where to turn 27 min dont worry be happy 6
Coach Ben Howard (Jan '10) 30 min pikeville citizen 52
City Manager Salary 34 min WTF 3
What is the story about the Creekmore (Lowe) Ma... (Jan '10) 43 min witness 16
Russell Fork clinic 45 min For Sure 2
The R & R Show (Roger Johnson & Ralph Kilgore) 1 hr LOL 25
What is the reason that the BOE elections are s... 1 hr Electionguy 47
State rep and mine inspector indicted on briber... 3 hr lord forkwad 21