why do christians cry?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wonders

Elkhorn City, KY

#1 Aug 7, 2011
today i went to church, not so much because i wanted to, but there was an occasion going on i had to attend....
and while im sitting thru like the 6th sad, slow drawn out song, looking around at all these "happy" christians, i had to wonder, if they are so happy to be saved and going to heaven, why do they sing such sad songs and cry their eyeballs out???
and i always wonder why they try to make others cry as well
maybe cause they figure if they get u so down and feeling so bad about yourself and your pathetic life that u will turn to religion and join them and then u can sit around on sunday and sing songs a bout death and dying and going to hell and cry til your face is red and your head hurts
then go home and eat fried chicken and watch fox news and bitch about how all the blacks and gays are ruining the country
as for me, i will sing happy songs and say thank you god whoever u are, for the trees and the hills around eastern ky, and for the water and the wind and the sun and stars at night
and i will sing and rejoice and be happy and i will not dress up and sit in a stuffy room hour after hour, bellowing like a cow, but instead, sunday u will find me out enjoying life, and being happy to be alive
HANK HILL

Pikeville, KY

#2 Aug 7, 2011
i really believe you don't have to go to church to be a good christian.you can follow god's word from the comfort of your own home just as good as you can from a church.....i have many family member's that belong to and preach for the church and they alway's put people down for not doing as they do,they think just because they show up every sunday for church that they are in a higher rank of people than you are.in fact i have seen many of them cheat on eachother with member's of their own congeration.they might not let it be seen or known to other's but they don't follow what they preach unless they are in front of the other member's...therefore i believe god will not turn you away from the gate's of heaven for not being in church on sunday's
blue moon of ky

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2011
wonders i really like your comments!
mark t

Winchester, KY

#4 Aug 7, 2011
on sundays i will be playing in the park not praying in the pew.
rickster

Georgetown, KY

#5 Aug 7, 2011
the last time i was in church my head started smoking..soooo

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6 Aug 7, 2011
wonders wrote:
today i went to church, not so much because i wanted to, but there was an occasion going on i had to attend....
and while im sitting thru like the 6th sad, slow drawn out song, looking around at all these "happy" christians, i had to wonder, if they are so happy to be saved and going to heaven, why do they sing such sad songs and cry their eyeballs out???
and i always wonder why they try to make others cry as well
maybe cause they figure if they get u so down and feeling so bad about yourself and your pathetic life that u will turn to religion and join them and then u can sit around on sunday and sing songs a bout death and dying and going to hell and cry til your face is red and your head hurts
then go home and eat fried chicken and watch fox news and bitch about how all the blacks and gays are ruining the country
as for me, i will sing happy songs and say thank you god whoever u are, for the trees and the hills around eastern ky, and for the water and the wind and the sun and stars at night
and i will sing and rejoice and be happy and i will not dress up and sit in a stuffy room hour after hour, bellowing like a cow, but instead, sunday u will find me out enjoying life, and being happy to be alive
If they were crying during the singing, then the music and the words were moving them to tears. Personally, I don't care for the long, sad songs. My church isn't like that. We rock the house! Maybe you should give a church with a great praise team and younger people a try.
freedom

Elkhorn City, KY

#7 Aug 8, 2011
i know a preacher, he calls himself a christian and he goes to a place where there are poor sick young men dealing with the hardships in life and he prays with them and brings them gods word and behind their backs he talks about how low life they are and how if they were any good they wouldnt have ended up where they are
i have heard it and it wounded my heart to know that i have this knowledge about him while hes telling others to get right with god
idiots

Elkhorn City, KY

#8 Aug 8, 2011
Christians cry because they are thankful. thankful for life and salvation. If you had that kind spirtial love in your heart you would understand. Dont talk about people who have faith in christ. Its not your business how they are and its not theirs how you are. We all make our own choices and religion is one of those. Some people choose not to believe in jesus christ and the gospel of god, but thats their choice. Keep your thoughts to yourself.
HANK HILL

Pikeville, KY

#9 Aug 8, 2011
idiots wrote:
Christians cry because they are thankful. thankful for life and salvation. If you had that kind spirtial love in your heart you would understand. Dont talk about people who have faith in christ. Its not your business how they are and its not theirs how you are. We all make our own choices and religion is one of those. Some people choose not to believe in jesus christ and the gospel of god, but thats their choice. Keep your thoughts to yourself.
you tell us to keep our thought's to ourself....how about you bible thumper's keep your thought's and opinion's to yourself....AMEN..

“"South of Southern”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#10 Aug 8, 2011
I think that many of you peoples problems are very evident. You think that Sunday is the only day to serve God. Or that its the only day that one should attend church.

People should go to church as much as possible. And as far as staying home and serving God. Well for that to be true you must break the word of God. It says plain in the Bible. "Do not forsake the assembling of yourselves together" And in another place "One can put a thousand to flight and two can put ten thousand to flight"

And as far as these so called preachers. It is very true that many are doing things far worse than their members! But the Bible warned that there would many of those that are such. But there are a select few that God uses. And to hear from God you must be taught by a preacher. "How can they hear except a preacher?" And "How can they preach except they been sent?"

Thats the problem. Many men are calling themselves preachers and trying to make themselves pastors instead of letting God do it. And that's a shame because all they are doing is making a mess outta of Gods word.

And if ANY preacher wants to give you any kind of "PRIVATE" consultation, or wants to visit your in your home when your husband/wife is not there beware and mark that man. He's up to no good. And be double careful with these so called "YOUTH GROUPS" most of them are nothing more than some sickos way of getting the children away from the parents so that they can molest them!
Sunshine

Macon, GA

#11 Aug 8, 2011
Everytime I attend church Im moved to tears...why? Simply because I know that I am not nor will I ever be worthy of the love God has for me! So yes I will shed my tears of shame, and at the same time be very thankful that he shows us all his mercy and love everyday.
be happy

Elkhorn City, KY

#12 Aug 8, 2011
Sunshine wrote:
Everytime I attend church Im moved to tears...why? Simply because I know that I am not nor will I ever be worthy of the love God has for me! So yes I will shed my tears of shame, and at the same time be very thankful that he shows us all his mercy and love everyday.
cant you feel that same way by rejoicing in the beauty around u? cant u feel that way in your heart?
cant you feel that way by listening to happy songs and being happy
why is church all about woes and disappointments???
i will tell u why
it is a means of mind control by the government
see, the catholic and other churches contribute huge campaign money to politicians, in exchange, these ppl do their bidding, by voting against gay marriage, abortion, legal rights of non-spouses, etc
they vote against stem cell research, they said its not our place to decide, well let one of them get cancer or ms, and they are the first ones hollering help me help me please
the govt, their behind it all
and i too love the lord and what he has given me, but when i feel his love, it makes me sing and want to be happy
not, cry and jump around hollering about going to hell
child of the king

Murfreesboro, TN

#13 Sep 27, 2011
Sunshine wrote:
The only one who got it right! Praise God!!!

“I am Legend's Personal Jesus”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#15 Sep 27, 2011
_Toad_ wrote:
they cry about what I am doing to little handicapped boys. Frrrttttt!
dude...you stank so bad you would make an onion cry!
cant tell

Melvin, KY

#17 Sep 28, 2011
you can put us christians down all you want but as the bible says about the rich man and lazarus. the rich man lifted his eyes up in hell and seen lazarus afar off in heaven there was a great gulf fixed between them. then when you unsaved people face this someday and lift your eyes up in hell and see us christians in heaven, then you will wish you would have spent your sundays in church, hope to see you in church on sunday!!
BOLD

Barboursville, WV

#18 Sep 28, 2011
cant tell wrote:
you can put us christians down all you want but as the bible says about the rich man and lazarus. the rich man lifted his eyes up in hell and seen lazarus afar off in heaven there was a great gulf fixed between them. then when you unsaved people face this someday and lift your eyes up in hell and see us christians in heaven, then you will wish you would have spent your sundays in church, hope to see you in church on sunday!!
***Thank You! Great post! Very Helpful!
Pride

Melvin, KY

#19 Sep 28, 2011
These kinda of posts care me, its only a matter of time before the religious try to pull a sharia law in this country and begin forcing their faith on the rest of us its already starting.

Sure you may think, "gee pride you hate christians" thing is i dont hate anyone, but i'll gladly fight against a group of people who try to enforce their religious belief on me. Its my life, i'll live it my way.

Things like prayer in school are fine with me as long as its not enforced on all, same goes with bible classes also cool with me just long as its not required. Also the pledge should be reverted back to the per 50s version not because of the religious mention, its just complete BS an document that was wrote in the 1890s had to be modified by some morons to promote their agenda.

You want religion in public thats fine, but if you force it on me or anyone that isnt interested in well dont be surprised when your bible is tore up or shoved up your ass.

“"South of Southern”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#20 Sep 29, 2011
Pride wrote:
These kinda of posts care me, its only a matter of time before the religious try to pull a sharia law in this country and begin forcing their faith on the rest of us its already starting.
Sure you may think, "gee pride you hate christians" thing is i dont hate anyone, but i'll gladly fight against a group of people who try to enforce their religious belief on me. Its my life, i'll live it my way.
Things like prayer in school are fine with me as long as its not enforced on all, same goes with bible classes also cool with me just long as its not required. Also the pledge should be reverted back to the per 50s version not because of the religious mention, its just complete BS an document that was wrote in the 1890s had to be modified by some morons to promote their agenda.
You want religion in public thats fine, but if you force it on me or anyone that isnt interested in well dont be surprised when your bible is tore up or shoved up your ass.
Who's trying to FORCE religion on you? Name them if you would.

You can rip up all the Bibles that you please. But you CANNOT tear the word.
TrustinginHim

Dallas, TX

#21 Jan 3, 2015
Sunshine wrote:

I praise God for Christians who show the love for Jesus. The shortest verse in the bible is
" Jesus wept." Yes I weep, cry and praise my Lord every day. When we accept Jesus as our
personal savior the Holy Spirit dwells within us. When we cry it is because we are overcome
of the love Jesus had for a retch as I was. I am not ashamed of my tears, for they are tears of
love and that should be reason for shame.
Get Drunk At 1

Shelbiana, KY

#22 Jan 4, 2015
TrustinginHim wrote:
<quoted text>
I praise God for Christians who show the love for Jesus. The shortest verse in the bible is
" Jesus wept." Yes I weep, cry and praise my Lord every day. When we accept Jesus as our
personal savior the Holy Spirit dwells within us. When we cry it is because we are overcome
of the love Jesus had for a retch as I was. I am not ashamed of my tears, for they are tears of
love and that should be reason for shame.
In Pikeville they cry because thy can not get drunk until 1 o'clock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min CCR 165,540
This is for You !!! 30 min six string cowboy 31
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 58 min Nothing 37,300
Trump Pikeville Visit 59 min Lmao 3
ballard robin was with my man 1 hr Nasty Kat 9
Anyone Remember Partying At The Boulevard Bar? (Jan '10) 2 hr Romantic boy 7
compensation lawyer 2 hr Consumer 6

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages