Video of Walmart employees throwing iPad's around?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of92
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
quiet respect

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

What wrote:
What did the news say

Posted: Fri 5:27 PM, Nov 09, 2012A A Reporter: Katie Roach
Updated: Fri 5:30 PM, Nov 09, 2012Back to Home Page
Around 90 TECO Coal employees lose jobs

CORBIN, Ky (WYMT/WKYT)- Another 90 employees in the coal industry have been laid off.

TECO Coal Corporation is reducing their staffing due to the state of the coal market.

All of their mines are affected, and the layoffs included both production and administration and support staff.

"The market for coal has been weak both for thermal or steam coal and also in the weakness in the metallurgical coal market," said Paul Matney, Director of Personnel.

No mines are shutting down, but TECO Coal officials tell us they had to make smaller layoffs company wide including at operations in Pike and Perry Counties.

In all around 90 workers lost their jobs.

"We have people that have been part of our TECO Coal family 20 some years, and you cannot work with people 20 years and it not be really terrible," said Matney.

TECO Coal officials say this was a tough decision made due to the state of the coal industry, and they hope it's temporary.

"We know them, we know their family, and we know that this affects their family, but at some point you have to make a decision to do what's right for the business," said Matney.

He says he hopes the market for coal comes back soon, so they can put their employees back to work.

Matney says about two-thirds of the layoffs were production employees and the rest were administration and support staff.

In January, TECO Coal laid off around 100 miners at Perry County Coal, Matney says about half of those have been called back to work.
quiet respect

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

What wrote:
What did the news say
The news just had part of the video on. They stated that the video had gone viral on youtube. They did not name the store involved, just stated it was in eastern Kentucky. They also said that they had spoken to management and were told that they were aware of it and it had been "taken care of"
Still there

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

CKJ wrote:
This video has been deleted as I'm not able to pull it up.
Still on my Facebook...This really upsets me...Hope I never have a young family member be so irresponsible and yes stupid..Who knows these days
Factcheck

Kermit, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

quiet respect wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted: Fri 5:27 PM, Nov 09, 2012A A Reporter: Katie Roach
Updated: Fri 5:30 PM, Nov 09, 2012Back to Home Page
Around 90 TECO Coal employees lose jobs
CORBIN, Ky (WYMT/WKYT)- Another 90 employees in the coal industry have been laid off.
TECO Coal Corporation is reducing their staffing due to the state of the coal market.
All of their mines are affected, and the layoffs included both production and administration and support staff.
"The market for coal has been weak both for thermal or steam coal and also in the weakness in the metallurgical coal market," said Paul Matney, Director of Personnel.
No mines are shutting down, but TECO Coal officials tell us they had to make smaller layoffs company wide including at operations in Pike and Perry Counties.
In all around 90 workers lost their jobs.
"We have people that have been part of our TECO Coal family 20 some years, and you cannot work with people 20 years and it not be really terrible," said Matney.
TECO Coal officials say this was a tough decision made due to the state of the coal industry, and they hope it's temporary.
"We know them, we know their family, and we know that this affects their family, but at some point you have to make a decision to do what's right for the business," said Matney.
He says he hopes the market for coal comes back soon, so they can put their employees back to work.
Matney says about two-thirds of the layoffs were production employees and the rest were administration and support staff.
In January, TECO Coal laid off around 100 miners at Perry County Coal, Matney says about half of those have been called back to work.
What does this post have to do with the video of the employees of Walmart tossing around Ipads in the stock room ?
HAHA

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Factcheck wrote:
<quoted text>What does this post have to do with the video of the employees of Walmart tossing around Ipads in the stock room ?
LMAO..my thoughts exactly
bystander

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Fall 2013 we will have other stores to shop at so iguess Wal-mart better be doing some PR WORK. They have some people who do nothing but walk around with a phone on their hip.
ast62

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

huh

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Still there wrote:
<quoted text>Still on my Facebook...This really upsets me...Hope I never have a young family member be so irresponsible and yes stupid..Who knows these days
it upsets you soo much that you just had to post it on your facebook so you can relive that horrible feeling it gives you over and over again plus share it with all your facebook "friends" so they can "like" it and get that same upset feeling you get,huh?
Well

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

GrowUpBoys wrote:
The one throwing them is Cody Rose.. idiot's.. hope they were all fired and can not get another job.
Isn't it obvious they didn't want a job anyway. One of them, the fat faced narrator is a Harris.
Knows

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

the one doing the talking is Chris Collins!!!!
Penny saved

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Did u see the topix on Sharon Yates
monkeyballs

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Congratulations Eastern Kentucky, with a million views on youtube, you finally made national news!

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/technolog/w...
boardwalk

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Where were the managers while this was going on. I'm sure that walmart had cameras up in all parts of there store, shouldn't they have been informed of this when it was going on.
tigger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Walmart management doesn't care.
Colton

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

More ignorant people from Pikeville, Kentucky getting talked about on national news networks... I was born in Pikeville, Kentucky, and I don't tell people outside of Kentucky that I've ever even been to Pikeville, Kentucky.
hahahaha

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

HEY wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, clearly EVERYONE has heard about that..like it's the end of time. However, WYMT also reported prior to TECO's act of communism that an unnamed coal company was restoring 150 jobs. Do your research. I wish people had coal piles shoved up their asses, sick to death of hearing about it. Go get an education, and a real job like the rest of the world.

yeah end of the world to 200 and something people who just lost their jobs prick.
Adamfist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Colton wrote:
More ignorant people from Pikeville, Kentucky getting talked about on national news networks... I was born in Pikeville, Kentucky, and I don't tell people outside of Kentucky that I've ever even been to Pikeville, Kentucky.
Who gives a crap about you anyways insignificant piece of crap!
Really

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Colton wrote:
Really, I bet when youopne your mouth they can tell.....LOL.
a different outlook

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

ok times are rough as hell.. my question is..can i get a discount on thoes ipads that were damaged? cant be hurt that bad they were in the box..
quiet respect

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Factcheck wrote:
<quoted text>What does this post have to do with the video of the employees of Walmart tossing around Ipads in the stock room ?
It was a response to post #34 and #35. Sometimes these threads get off topic so one needs to read the whole thread to understand some posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of92
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

106 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Aug '11) 3 min Jennifer Renee 4,806
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min DITCH MITCH 145,967
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 8 min Musikologist 21,092
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min ChromiuMan 128,478
Donovan Blackburn in '04: A Look Back at When t... 33 min Just the Latest 13
World War 3 1 hr dunadd 5
Bar Fight at Bank 253 1 hr BMW 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••