Ray Jones/Bill Hickman
Legal Scholar

Moscow, Russia

#1 Jan 2, 2012
Should they be reprimanded for contributing to an untrue political attack ad against fellow lawyer Chris Harris?
Rayfan

Winchester, KY

#2 Jan 2, 2012
Legal Scholar wrote:
Should they be reprimanded for contributing to an untrue political attack ad against fellow lawyer Chris Harris?
Ray is a good man. Better than any running for that office.
Politicans Stink

Macon, GA

#3 Jan 2, 2012
Mr. Jones is a fine man. He got Bill put in as head of the airport. Seems the old board had 8 million dollars and didn't know how to spend it.

No problem. Bill and his new board have no problem spending the peoples money. Seems one pilot at the airport, who happens to be Bill Hickmans partner in an airplane, blew out a nose wheel tire and some phantom dip in the runway caused it. Note it didn't damage the wheel like most impacts do but nevertheless the dip caused a blowout. Strange with all the other traffic at the airport that this phantom dip only attacked Jones Sr./ Bill Hickmans plane.

Now the old board probably would have just passed the hat and paid for Jones Sr. some flying instructions. Now the new boards solution is to spend over 400,000.00 yes four hundred thousand dollars of your money to fix the phantom dip. And while they were at it they spent a few more hundred thousand on other phantom runway issues in my opinion.

So if this type of activity is what you like in a man/politician then I think you have the best right here in Pike County.

The people of Pike County has/had a bank account worth 7-8 million before this new board took over the airport. Now see how long that lasts with the new political appointed board. Then the airport will be leaning on the taxpayers to pay the bills.

This practice of allowing politicians to manulipate boards in order to control property and revenue has to stop folks. And its your votes that can do it.

Why would anybody purge a sitting airport board that had accumalated approx. 8 million dollars? Without a hint of misappropiation or scandel. Most every new project funded with Federal money. An airport that we could be proud of. Not cluttered with trailers, campers and junk at the entrance non of which even belong to the airport.

I'll tell you why..........8 million dollars and a big ol spread of land on Merions branch that started out to be for housing but now seems better suited for a country club. Now thats what you new board has been doing. And spending that money like it grows on trees. And isn't that one of the things politicians do best.
Old Pilot

Macon, GA

#4 Jan 2, 2012
Good pilots fess up. Poor pilots make excuses and blame dips in th runway.

Then poor airport boards spend six hundred thousand dollars to repair a mirage dip knowing that the whole runway is scheduled to be repaved in april 2013. Thus tearing up that SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLAR PATCH JOB that we the people payed for.

Thank you Mr. Politician.
Orville Wright

Macon, GA

#5 Jan 3, 2012
Another safety issue that the new board has not fixed is the runway lights. Now for anyone landing/taking off during the night hours or in poor weather these lights are critical.

Reports are that the chairman deems the lighting to be outdated and not repairable, I have not confirmed that with him but it is a fact that the lights have been not working properly for some time. Now this would be a great project for our hired engineer that seems to have taken over the duties of those old board members that were not paid. I also am curious as to how much more our engineer gets paid, utilized, with this board vs. the former board.

Nevertheless the new board only found time to meet three out of twelve times last year. Now that truely shows their intrest in the Pikeville Airport.

By the way the lights are now working fine. No not as a result of thousands of your spent dollars. But because our former chairman worked Saturday, Sunday and yesterday tirelessly in cold conditions and made the repairs. At his personal cost I might add for the materials and labor.

Where was Ray and Bill during this?

Thank you Mr. DeBourbon for your efforts and dedication to the Pikeville Airport.
Orville Wright

Macon, GA

#6 Jan 3, 2012
Clarification to the last post.
At his personal cost for materials and "HIS" personal labor. No contractors, no large companies, no airport engineer, no board members, and most of all no politicians just Mr. DeBourbon by himself.
sick of politics

Lexington, KY

#7 Jan 3, 2012
heard that Hickman agreed to testify favorably for a politically connected person in order to get the appointment. makes me sick how these people operate.
Orville Wright

Clay City, KY

#8 Jan 4, 2012
sick of politics wrote:
heard that Hickman agreed to testify favorably for a politically connected person in order to get the appointment. makes me sick how these people operate.
Never heard any of that. It is my opinion that Hickman was appointed by Ray and Frankie to gain control of the 8 million and that dirt on Merions Branch.

I can just see Ray and Ray wringing their hands talking about how they have to get Bill on that board. Now that he is the chairman we rerely see him on the field. And I can't figure why they can't have more than three meetings a year. See folks they took your money and bought a bunch of BIGGGG screen tvs and hung them up in their meeting room. Now that usually generates a crowd. Probably should add some ballon smugglers and serve hot wings then the intrest of the board member might be sparked more than three times a year. A clear indication that this board has no intrest in the safety and welfare of the Pike County Airport. Thank you Mr. Frankie Justice and Mr. Wayne Rutheford.

People just watch this situation and you will see money disappear at an alarming rate.
Frankie Whayne

Macon, GA

#9 Jan 4, 2012
How much did the city pay the airport for the land on Merions Branch Bill?
Did you utilize the former boards apprasials to set the selling price of Merions Branch to the city? In whos best intrest did the airport board work? The city or the airport?
See in my opinion the former board worked tirelessly to improve the AIRPORT and this new board works little at all and in the best intrest of the city.
I am told by a former board member that there is/was one or two apprasials that were much more than the city paid for the land. If so why. In my opinion that clearly indicates why Frankie and Wayne purged the former board.
It is also my opinion that the big fat bank account looked good also.
Down Trodden

Ivel, KY

#10 Jan 4, 2012
Just another case of politicians surrounding a pot of money. A pot they had no hand in creating. A pot that they now have both hands in.

I've always said that if the airport didn't have money and that land the politicians would never have seized it.

Sad to think what the condition of it will be when its broke and the politicians have no use for it..

Thank you Frankie Justice.
Joe Q Public

Pikeville, KY

#11 Jan 6, 2012
You people need settle down. Let the politicians take care of everything. We the general public have no idea how to make decisions and run anything.

Let people like Ray, Ray Sr., Bill, Frankie, Donavon and Wayne handle the situation. Their position and money ensure that they know much more than Joe Q Public in my opinion.
Shame ON U Two

Pikeville, KY

#12 Jan 7, 2012
Both of these were knee deep in EKCC, I think that was/is the name. Seems that vast group consisted of Ray, Bill, Frankie and several other contributors. Lest we forget UMG and some other folks/businesses outside Pike County.

Now just what foes those outside our county have to do with supporting EKCC and whats in it for them?

If my memory is correct Ray didn't come out as being involved with this deal until the ANE exposed his envolvement. And we all know how the mayor reacted and subsequently walked away from any punishment during this time.

Back to my point about Ray. If his cause was so important why did he hide until the ANE exposed him? Generally politicians like to be up front blowing their horn and doing photo-ops to announce their accomplishments and ideas. Why hide on this one Ray?
HAHAHAHHAHA

Cynthiana, KY

#13 Jan 7, 2012
Well, I heard that Hickman has the sh!ts and took a huge sh!t on Ray Jones's head. Ray then licked it off of his own body, he LOVES when Hickman sh!ts on him.
Amos

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#14 Jan 18, 2012
Sucking the revenue out of the taxpayers and gonna build a snooty country club up on the merions branch property.

Probably will also build another airport there also so ray doesn't have to rub elbows with the common man. A huge problem he has at the current airport that he seems to think he is a security guard. And all of these comments are but my opinion and should be considered an opinion.
East KY Politics

Grundy, VA

#15 Jan 18, 2012
'Like' East KY Politics on Facebook, and lets get this discussion going with a whole network of people.
wtf

Richmond, KY

#16 Jan 18, 2012
Rayfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray is a good man. Better than any running for that office.
BS he contributed to a false Ad against another Lawyer.

Should ne punished by the Bar.
WOW

UK

#17 Feb 12, 2012
Politicans Stink wrote:
Mr. Jones is a fine man. He got Bill put in as head of the airport. Seems the old board had 8 million dollars and didn't know how to spend it.
No problem. Bill and his new board have no problem spending the peoples money. Seems one pilot at the airport, who happens to be Bill Hickmans partner in an airplane, blew out a nose wheel tire and some phantom dip in the runway caused it. Note it didn't damage the wheel like most impacts do but nevertheless the dip caused a blowout. Strange with all the other traffic at the airport that this phantom dip only attacked Jones Sr./ Bill Hickmans plane.
Now the old board probably would have just passed the hat and paid for Jones Sr. some flying instructions. Now the new boards solution is to spend over 400,000.00 yes four hundred thousand dollars of your money to fix the phantom dip. And while they were at it they spent a few more hundred thousand on other phantom runway issues in my opinion.
So if this type of activity is what you like in a man/politician then I think you have the best right here in Pike County.
The people of Pike County has/had a bank account worth 7-8 million before this new board took over the airport. Now see how long that lasts with the new political appointed board. Then the airport will be leaning on the taxpayers to pay the bills.
This practice of allowing politicians to manulipate boards in order to control property and revenue has to stop folks. And its your votes that can do it.
Why would anybody purge a sitting airport board that had accumalated approx. 8 million dollars? Without a hint of misappropiation or scandel. Most every new project funded with Federal money. An airport that we could be proud of. Not cluttered with trailers, campers and junk at the entrance non of which even belong to the airport.
I'll tell you why..........8 million dollars and a big ol spread of land on Merions branch that started out to be for housing but now seems better suited for a country club. Now thats what you new board has been doing. And spending that money like it grows on trees. And isn't that one of the things politicians do best.
Was this money spent after DeBourbon left! I guarantee it was, he is such a fine man and was a great steward of the money this Airport Board "had."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 12 min Led Zeppelin 35,605
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 32 min usa 158,054
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 9,199
Pea and Wee PLLC 2 hr smh 20
A 44 yr. old woman and a 30 yr. old man? Is it... (Dec '10) 2 hr mwells41 56
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 2 hr Darktainium 26,675
Will We Have High Gas Again, Since the Dem's Lost? 3 hr fish tank 68

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages