Will Syria Be Obama's Iraq?

Will Syria Be Obama's Iraq?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“PROUDLY PUNKING MODS & TROLLS ”

Since: May 13

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#1 Aug 31, 2013
The President just announced that he will be going to Congress for their authorization to conduct Acts Of War or "Use Of Force" against Syria imminently and if he gets it (IF being the key word) then it's very likely that yet once again The United States will become embroiled in yet another war in The Middle East. But isn't this the same type of situation that George W. Bush dealt with when he engaged Iraq? In fact, these are almost identical circumstances that Obama blasted Bush for in his original Presidential Campaign. First, there is NO clear indication as to whom used chemical weapons (aka WMDs) be it Assad or the rebel forces. Second, we will be aiding and siding with radically Islamic Terrorist-backed rebels who are the sworn enemies of The United States. In fact, it's very possible that they themselves used these chemical weapons for the sole purpose to drag the U.S. into Syria and of course battle THEIR enemies for them (the Assad regime) and thus sit back and watch their manipulative chess game play itself out.

This is all the result of Obama's big mouth running itself into issues that do not concern him or America ultimately. His "red line/game changer" comments were boisterous rhetoric and it's now biting him in the ass and will cost American lives if we go into Syria...MANY American lives since we could be entrenched there for years to come once/if we act. In fact, national Polls indicate that Americans are AGAINST the idea of America getting involved in Syria but do they realize the true motive to these actions? Plainly put: IRAN. This is ultimately all about Iran and getting an American foothold into a region neighboring Iran where America can "set up house" basically. But where are all those Anti-War protestors we saw mobbing The Bush Administration now? Isn't this pretty much the same type of scenario that took place and drew us into Iraq? Chemical weapons used on citizens..innocents murdered..hostile regime violating Human Rights? Oh, where are those Anti-War hordes now, hmmm? Hypocrites.

Maybe sometime people will awaken to the true bigger picture taking place around the world and in The Middle East and realize that it's all coming to pass and even if perhaps not now, eventually...eventually.

Isaiah 17:1 - "The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap."

“PROUDLY PUNKING MODS & TROLLS ”

Since: May 13

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#2 Aug 31, 2013
BTW - No American lives lost in Syria YET still Obama contemplates military action.

Four American lives lost in Benghazi and not a damn thing done about it.

Hmmm.
BigMac

Stollings, WV

#3 Aug 31, 2013
They need to ship him over there!
No More Violence

Somerset, KY

#4 Aug 31, 2013
PAT RlOT wrote:
The President just announced that he will be going to Congress for their authorization to conduct Acts Of War or "Use Of Force" against Syria imminently and if he gets it (IF being the key word) then it's very likely that yet once again The United States will become embroiled in yet another war in The Middle East. But isn't this the same type of situation that George W. Bush dealt with when he engaged Iraq? In fact, these are almost identical circumstances that Obama blasted Bush for in his original Presidential Campaign. First, there is NO clear indication as to whom used chemical weapons (aka WMDs) be it Assad or the rebel forces. Second, we will be aiding and siding with radically Islamic Terrorist-backed rebels who are the sworn enemies of The United States. In fact, it's very possible that they themselves used these chemical weapons for the sole purpose to drag the U.S. into Syria and of course battle THEIR enemies for them (the Assad regime) and thus sit back and watch their manipulative chess game play itself out.
This is all the result of Obama's big mouth running itself into issues that do not concern him or America ultimately. His "red line/game changer" comments were boisterous rhetoric and it's now biting him in the ass and will cost American lives if we go into Syria...MANY American lives since we could be entrenched there for years to come once/if we act. In fact, national Polls indicate that Americans are AGAINST the idea of America getting involved in Syria but do they realize the true motive to these actions? Plainly put: IRAN. This is ultimately all about Iran and getting an American foothold into a region neighboring Iran where America can "set up house" basically. But where are all those Anti-War protestors we saw mobbing The Bush Administration now? Isn't this pretty much the same type of scenario that took place and drew us into Iraq? Chemical weapons used on citizens..innocents murdered..hostile regime violating Human Rights? Oh, where are those Anti-War hordes now, hmmm? Hypocrites.
Maybe sometime people will awaken to the true bigger picture taking place around the world and in The Middle East and realize that it's all coming to pass and even if perhaps not now, eventually...eventually.
Isaiah 17:1 - "The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap."
If Obama feels so passionately about Syria's problem, maybe he should join the military, and go fight the battle. We don't need another war to worry about. Our soldiers have gave enough blood, sweat and tears in stupid wars already. I think it's time for a protest.

“PROUDLY PUNKING MODS & TROLLS ”

Since: May 13

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#5 Aug 31, 2013
It's pretty widely known that it is almost NEVER that the wealthy or politically connected either fight wars themselves (in person) or put their own families in harm's way/danger. I expect that is why it's seems so easy for them to go to war at the drop of a hat because they rarely lose their loved ones or see them return as maimed, mangled messes missing limbs and disabled for life. If we could put those bastards on the front lines and let them experience wars firsthand then perhaps they would think twice before getting us involved in them.

Another thing, if the United States does conduct war with Syria, who the hell is going to foot the bill? We still have nearly $600 Trillion debt from the Iraq and Afghanistan fiascos hanging over the American taxpayer's head now.
Chill

Pineville, KY

#6 Aug 31, 2013
The Saudi's want Assad gone, have spent millions funding the rebels. The Sunni Moslems still run most of the middle east. We won't catch much flack for a limited strike, matter a fact the Syrians and everybody else expect it.

Our word will not be worth spit if Obama backs down now, any crackpot out there from now on out will use chemical weapons if Obama does not slap Assad's hand for using them. Obama did box himself in a corner with his line in the sand but it will be one dangerous world if he crawdads now. I just hope the Saudi's pick up the tab and help pay for this so called limited strike.
Look for cyber attacks from the Syrian's, they don't have much capability but the Iranians do, our power grid is a target and the big banks!

“PROUDLY PUNKING MODS & TROLLS ”

Since: May 13

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#7 Aug 31, 2013
Actually, I believe WANTS to back down but is already seen as such a wimp and inept weakling he's figured a way to do it and try saving face while he succumbs. He knows the American people are war weary and sick of being involved in ages-old Middle Eastern squabbles but he's (Obama) already put
his foot into his big mouth and is now backed into a corner. I would bet
that almost all of his Cabinet Advisors are against attacking Syria as well
so they concocted themselves a way out of making good on something Obama has vowed/promised (a trick he mastered long ago and one his supporters fall for regularly): Get Congress to vote against any action against Syria.
This way the cowardly big mouthed Obama can say "Well, I tried.." and as usual, blame Congress for all of his mounting failures and hypocrisies.

“PROUDLY PUNKING MODS & TROLLS ”

Since: May 13

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#8 Aug 31, 2013
HE* wants..
living dead girl

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Aug 31, 2013
What syria is doing to its ppl is horrible, the us shouldnt go into another senseless war.oboma doesnt want to be a wuss, so within the next few days more of our boys/girls will be put into harms way once again.america needs to take care of america.
Big Cat

Richmond, KY

#10 Aug 31, 2013
Nobody likes the thought of chemical weapons used on civilians (including children). It's my understanding that it's yet to be proven if it was used by the rebels or the Syrian govt. Either way, it's a sad atrocity. Also, a conflict with Syria could easily escalate into a huge mess involving Russia, Iran....etc. With that said, I think that Afghanistan and Iraq is plenty enough proof that the U.S. has no business trying to be the world's police. We can't afford it and not worth the sacrifice and effort for the end result.

The Middle East will always be troubled. I say continue a strong relationship with Israel and let the rest of them destroy each other. We've got too many problems at home.
KELLERMAN

Bellville, OH

#11 Aug 31, 2013
Big Cat wrote:
Nobody likes the thought of chemical weapons used on civilians (including children). It's my understanding that it's yet to be proven if it was used by the rebels or the Syrian govt. Either way, it's a sad atrocity. Also, a conflict with Syria could easily escalate into a huge mess involving Russia, Iran....etc. With that said, I think that Afghanistan and Iraq is plenty enough proof that the U.S. has no business trying to be the world's police. We can't afford it and not worth the sacrifice and effort for the end result.
The Middle East will always be troubled. I say continue a strong relationship with Israel and let the rest of them destroy each other. We've got too many problems at home.
Amen haven't we learned anything from our prior involvement. We didn't accomplish nothing. We lost so many young folks and the cost wasn't worth it. We need to learn we can't we be the caretaker for the world. Where are they when we need assistance? we need to take care of our own country and getting folks back to work and quit shipping all of our work to those countries who are getting rich where ours is suffering in so many areas.
Cry Havoc

Pineville, KY

#12 Aug 31, 2013
We have killed thousands all over the middle east, over 250,000 Iraqi's. We have garnered a lot of hate in the world by going 10,000 miles from home and killing 7th century minded fools that have been killing themselves for centuries over old words in old books.
Saddam was a bad man but we are not the worlds friggin cop on the block. Assad is a bad man but we have bleed enough in the sands of Arabia and the middle east. We can't afford it, and if Europe or the rest of the world does not step up to the plate let them stew in it.
If we had protected this country from where the ocean meets the shore the war of 1812 would have been our last war. Since WWII all the wars have been corporate wars of choice. The last two were Dick Cheney's and Haliburton's war! For every Arab we kill we make a hundred enemies. If it were reversed for every American an invading army killed you would have 100 Americans plotting your destruction. To quick to go to war while everybody else saves their lives and treasure.
Freedom

Pikeville, KY

#13 Aug 31, 2013
Let them fight. they been fighting all their lives. that's all they know. we don't need to keep the us War machine running. we need to be paying for the last three Wars first.
It is getting old

Pineville, KY

#15 Aug 31, 2013
One of these days they are going to call for a war and no one will show up!
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#16 Sep 1, 2013
PAT RlOT wrote:
BTW - No American lives lost in Syria YET still Obama contemplates military action.
Four American lives lost in Benghazi and not a damn thing done about it.
Hmmm.
4000 lives lost in New York and the Republicans did nothing about it.
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#17 Sep 1, 2013
Cry Havoc wrote:
We have killed thousands all over the middle east, over 250,000 Iraqi's. We have garnered a lot of hate in the world by going 10,000 miles from home and killing 7th century minded fools that have been killing themselves for centuries over old words in old books.
Saddam was a bad man but we are not the worlds friggin cop on the block. Assad is a bad man but we have bleed enough in the sands of Arabia and the middle east. We can't afford it, and if Europe or the rest of the world does not step up to the plate let them stew in it.
If we had protected this country from where the ocean meets the shore the war of 1812 would have been our last war. Since WWII all the wars have been corporate wars of choice. The last two were Dick Cheney's and Haliburton's war! For every Arab we kill we make a hundred enemies. If it were reversed for every American an invading army killed you would have 100 Americans plotting your destruction. To quick to go to war while everybody else saves their lives and treasure.
2,000,000 Iraqis tou stupid SOB.
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#18 Sep 1, 2013
Big Cat wrote:
Nobody likes the thought of chemical weapons used on civilians (including children). It's my understanding that it's yet to be proven if it was used by the rebels or the Syrian govt. Either way, it's a sad atrocity. Also, a conflict with Syria could easily escalate into a huge mess involving Russia, Iran....etc. With that said, I think that Afghanistan and Iraq is plenty enough proof that the U.S. has no business trying to be the world's police. We can't afford it and not worth the sacrifice and effort for the end result.
The Middle East will always be troubled. I say continue a strong relationship with Israel and let the rest of them destroy each other. We've got too many problems at home.
Wrong! Cur off the Welfare to Israel and they will stop causing the trouble.
It is getting old

Pineville, KY

#19 Sep 1, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>2,000,000 Iraqis tou stupid SOB.
You stupid, basement dwelling homotroll, what kind of anal point you trying to make now gayboy! Is it the number or the spelling you ignorant, dwarf, pea brained, homotroll. Nothing relevant to add to the converstation, you just jump on spelling or numbers. You don't have any dogs in this fight, quit trying to defend your bro in the whitehouse, he fk'd up. Run his mouth and now trying to pass the whole deal over on congress to cover his ass. We need to fumigate that hole you live in, never get the stench of Vaseline and burning rubber out of it.

“Gods Curse On Lazy Hillbillies”

Since: Jun 12

Dale City, VA

#20 Sep 1, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>4000 lives lost in New York and the Republicans did nothing about it.
That's Not True!!!...

They Financed Two War's On a Chinese Credit Card....And Killed Sadam's Ass For It....

What I don't Understand Is This....

Republicans Bitch and Complain About Mr. Muslim Obama's Ass On a Daily Basis....They Say He's a Muslim Terrorist Loving Black ass Sumbitch That's a Ruining America....

But When Obama Want's To Attack and Kill Terrorist Muslim Types???....The Republicans Bitch and Complain About It!!!....Saying He Shouldn't Do It....It Almost Sounds Like The {Republicans}....Love These Muslim Terrorist as Much as They Say Obama Does....

Apparently The Republicans Have Forgotten....{OBAMA}....Is Known For Using Drones!!!!....I Can't Imagine That They've Forgotten About The Dangerous and Deadly Drones....They Were The Ones Who Were Bitching About Obama Having Scary Drones In The First Place....

Maybe Obama Should Do What Romney Said....{He Would Do}...To Any Terrorist That's Potentially a Threat.....

He Would....{PUT THEM ON NOTICE}....

Perhaps Obama Can get a Cargo Plane To Fly Over Syria and Have a Million Notice Slips Dropped.....Telling Them That {They}....Are Officially On Notice!!!....Who Knows....Notice Slips May Cause Them Muslims To Start Liking Jesus Instead Of Allah....

“Gods Curse On Lazy Hillbillies”

Since: Jun 12

Dale City, VA

#21 Sep 1, 2013
It is getting old wrote:
<quoted text>
he fk'd up. Run his mouth and now trying to pass the whole deal over on congress to cover his ass. We need to fumigate that hole you live in, never get the stench of Vaseline and burning rubber out of it.
That's Not True....Congress {Asked}....{Requested}....That He Come To Them For Approval....So They Could Discuss It....{Which He Should}!!!...And I was Hoping He {Would} Go To Congress....Which He Did....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cemeteries in Elkhorn City/Poor Bottom area 6 min Amanda 1
The White Neo Nazi Rally and Trump 6 min steve 50
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min PRES DONALD TRUMP 163,683
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 23 min A Hillary Deport... 4,444
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 34 min Itsme again 36,422
City commissioners 55 min Bob 36
shelbiana food city guys 1 hr junior 4
Sick of the smell in front of Pikeville High Sc... (Jun '14) 1 hr Willard 40
FBI Transportation Cabinet Version 2017 4 hr A Hillary Deport... 161

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages