what happened to Rick Anders wife
timesnewsnet

United States

#21 Aug 1, 2010
Kingsport woman found dead, attempts were made to set her clothes on fire; son hospitalizedBy Staff report
Published August 1st, 2010 | Added August 1st, 2010 4:09 am | 0 Comments
Police have released little information about what they are calling the homicide of a Kingsport woman and attempts to set the woman's clothes on fire.
According to a brief police press release on the incident, officers went to 160 E. Ravine Rd. at 2:30 a.m. Saturday where they found Nina Elkins Anders, 61, dead.
The report says Ms. Anders was on a bed and an attempt had been made to set her clothing on fire.
EMS personnel attempted, but could not revive Ms. Anders.
Spencer M. Tate, 35, 160 E. Ravine Rd., was taken to Holston Valley Hospital "due to his ingestion of an unknown quantity and type of medication." He was admitted to the hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.
The press release says Tate "made certain statements about his mother's death" before being taken to the hospital.
The report does not elaborate on those statement, list a suspected cause of death or offer any other details about the incident other than an investigation is under way.
ShareThis
OMG

Winchester, KY

#22 Aug 1, 2010
timesnewsnet wrote:
Kingsport woman found dead, attempts were made to set her clothes on fire; son hospitalizedBy Staff report
Published August 1st, 2010 | Added August 1st, 2010 4:09 am | 0 Comments
Police have released little information about what they are calling the homicide of a Kingsport woman and attempts to set the woman's clothes on fire.
According to a brief police press release on the incident, officers went to 160 E. Ravine Rd. at 2:30 a.m. Saturday where they found Nina Elkins Anders, 61, dead.
The report says Ms. Anders was on a bed and an attempt had been made to set her clothing on fire.
EMS personnel attempted, but could not revive Ms. Anders.
Spencer M. Tate, 35, 160 E. Ravine Rd., was taken to Holston Valley Hospital "due to his ingestion of an unknown quantity and type of medication." He was admitted to the hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.
The press release says Tate "made certain statements about his mother's death" before being taken to the hospital.
The report does not elaborate on those statement, list a suspected cause of death or offer any other details about the incident other than an investigation is under way.
ShareThis
This is so sad..Her son was her life..this is so hard to believe, little alone understand..
you would know

Chesterfield, MO

#23 Aug 1, 2010
interested wrote:
closer kin deepeer in is what i have heard
I would say you know that not heard that cause it takes a twisted incested freak like you to think of something like that, now go away and let this family grieve in peace.
wondering

Elkhorn City, KY

#24 Aug 1, 2010
Who is Rick Anders? Does he live in Pikeville?
CJR

Montgomery, AL

#25 Aug 2, 2010
Rick even though I do not know you, I hope that God gives you the strength to get through this. You and your family will be in my prayers!!
Rick Anders

Hazard, KY

#26 Aug 2, 2010
This post is from Rick Anders to everyone ~Further update on Nina’s death. I was somewhat confused and misinformed on the status of her son. He is in ICU under security guard. His condition is unknown at this time. I wanted to thank everyone who has supported me, called me, and lifted me up in prayer through out this ordeal. Without those prayers, support, and the mighty will of God I could not survive. My special thanks to my church family at Faith Baptist Church at Dorton. God has directed all this people to surround me with love and support and they have showered me with prayers and concern unlike any that I knew could ever exist on this earth. Nina wanted to be wrapped in the arms of Jesus. I know that is where she is and her troubles and problems are no more. I find comfort in the fact she was the most wonderful person and wife any man could ever ask for. God shared her with me for nearly 19 wonderful years. She was my life and now that has been taken away from me. A word to others: Love and Trust in God, love your spouses, hug and hold them like it will be the last time ~ I know...by Rick Anders
Angelia Creech

Clay City, KY

#27 Aug 2, 2010
interested wrote:
Rick, or whoever may want to help him. I know for a fact that you can find who put this on here. I can tell you exactly how.
Diane Skeber

Max Meadows, VA

#28 Aug 2, 2010
Dear Rick,

You and I both know what true friends Nina and I were. I loved her and we never once had and argument. What I will miss most is her laughter and love. I will talk to you soon. You and your families are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Diane Skeber and family
wondering

Mount Sterling, KY

#29 Aug 2, 2010
can anybody tell or know about the funeral arrangments, please.
Family

Ransom, KY

#31 Aug 3, 2010
interested wrote:
interested needs to be shot.

People Just Pray for this family.
bluegrass

Martin, TN

#32 Aug 3, 2010
According to court records, a fifth-grade Sullivan County teacher told police, "I may have hurt Mom," after smothering his mother to death with a pillow and lighting the body on fire.

On Saturday Nina Elkins Anders, 61, was found dead at her son's Kingsport home, 160 E. Ravine Road. At about 2:30 a.m. Kingsport police were called to the residence to conduct a welfare check.

An affidavit filed Monday in Sullivan County court says Spencer M. Tate, 35, answered his door when officers arrived. He allegedly permitted entry by police, who immediately saw, "heavy smoke," coming from a bedroom.

On a bed in the room they found Tate's mother, who detectives say was visiting from her home in Dorton, Ky. According to an officer's narrative that is contained in an affidavit, Anders, "had burn marks around her waist and the crotch area of her underwear had been set on fire." Police note the surrounding bed sheets, pillows and floor had also been burned.

The affidavit says an investigation led by KPD Det. David Cole determined Tate first smothered his mother to death with a pillow. On Monday police obtained warrants charging Tate — a fifth-grade teacher at Rock Springs Elementary School in Colonial Heights — with first-degree murder and abuse of a corpse. They said those warrants would be served following his release from Holston Valley Medical Center, where he is recovering after allegedly overdosing on medication while police were at his home
Mortified

United States

#33 Aug 3, 2010
bluegrass wrote:
According to court records, a fifth-grade Sullivan County teacher told police, "I may have hurt Mom," after smothering his mother to death with a pillow and lighting the body on fire.
On Saturday Nina Elkins Anders, 61, was found dead at her son's Kingsport home, 160 E. Ravine Road. At about 2:30 a.m. Kingsport police were called to the residence to conduct a welfare check.
An affidavit filed Monday in Sullivan County court says Spencer M. Tate, 35, answered his door when officers arrived. He allegedly permitted entry by police, who immediately saw, "heavy smoke," coming from a bedroom.
On a bed in the room they found Tate's mother, who detectives say was visiting from her home in Dorton, Ky. According to an officer's narrative that is contained in an affidavit, Anders, "had burn marks around her waist and the crotch area of her underwear had been set on fire." Police note the surrounding bed sheets, pillows and floor had also been burned.
The affidavit says an investigation led by KPD Det. David Cole determined Tate first smothered his mother to death with a pillow. On Monday police obtained warrants charging Tate — a fifth-grade teacher at Rock Springs Elementary School in Colonial Heights — with first-degree murder and abuse of a corpse. They said those warrants would be served following his release from Holston Valley Medical Center, where he is recovering after allegedly overdosing on medication while police were at his home
This is just horrible. Whatever in the world could make a son do that to his mother? Just so sad. Thinking of you Ricky.
sad

San Francisco, CA

#34 Aug 3, 2010
My children went to school and were taught by Mr. Tate...our whole community is just as shocked and saddened as you. Nobody can believe this has happened..so out of character. Our hearts and prayers go out to Mr. Anders and the whole family. Please pray for our community and for the people here struggling to understand also, and the staff and children at RS school.
Anonymous

Warwick, RI

#35 Aug 3, 2010
My thoughts and prayers sincerely go out to all that have been affected by this terrible tragedy. My one concern though is the fact that Ninas son's wife has not been mentioned at all. Was he not married to a nurse of some sort? And if so how is she handling this?
omg

United States

#36 Aug 6, 2010
Has anyone heard how Nina's son is doing?
It sounds like he needs everyone's prayers.

Rick Anders wrote:
To set the record straight. Late Friday night in Kingsport Tn.,Nina, my wife of almost 19 years was supposedly smothered to death at her son's home. It is being treated as a homicide investigation. Nothing is conclusive except to say that she was NOT shot and it was NOT a suicide. Her son is a suspect and is being held in custody. I thank all of you who are praying for me and our family and I BEG of you that want to gossip and spread rumors to please don't do that to me and my family. My heart is shattered and if you can't say anything good, please don't say anything at all. I never really realized the awsome power of God and how strong his love is until yesterday. Without him holding me upright, I could not have survived the day. As Nina always said to me I will say to you, PRAY, AND PRAY HARD! Thank you, Rick Anders
Star

Elizabethtown, KY

#37 Aug 6, 2010
To Interested.
I am a VERY CLOSE friend of the family. I never thought I would find myself being a part of this. But I have known Rick since he was 17yrs. old. I was saddened when his heart was broken by divorce of his first wife. And the loss of his father. But elated to see those beautiful blue eyes light up again when he met Nina. They were so happy.

You apparently don't know the details of how her life was taken, and the LOVE she had for her son, the man who she gave life to, while he took HERS away ...

Words can not express the anger I feel for you, and the pain I wish to be inflicted upon your LOVED ONE. You knew by reading this forum, the pain that Rick and his family are in. You are disgusting, and you know it as well as everyone else.

I ask you. STOP. JUST STOP.
Cecilia

Clare, MI

#38 Aug 6, 2010
This is from the family of Rick Anders today My Uncle Rick buried his beautiful Wife of 19 Years Nina. She was taken from him by her son Matthew.
You All have watch the news reports and Read the Newspapers about this Horrible thing that has happend but, Now its time for you all to get a life of your own and mind your own business this was hard enought on the family without all the nasty comments and posts that have been written this week we want also thank all of you who have prayed for us and your kindness. Now its time for us to grieve private.
Do What

Winchester, KY

#39 Aug 6, 2010
This is also his step-son. after 19 years you would think that no matter what made him flip that Rick would still act like he was worried about him. After all this has been his step-son for 19 years. My step kids is the same as my kids. No matter what they do they are still your kids.
At least Matthew has his real dad "Joe" who will always be there for him to help him. For this to have happened shows that Matthew does need some help.
Cecilia wrote:
This is from the family of Rick Anders today My Uncle Rick buried his beautiful Wife of 19 Years Nina. She was taken from him by her son Matthew.
You All have watch the news reports and Read the Newspapers about this Horrible thing that has happend but, Now its time for you all to get a life of your own and mind your own business this was hard enought on the family without all the nasty comments and posts that have been written this week we want also thank all of you who have prayed for us and your kindness. Now its time for us to grieve private.
A good friend

Langley, KY

#40 Aug 6, 2010
Rick Anders wrote:
To set the record straight. Late Friday night in Kingsport Tn.,Nina, my wife of almost 19 years was supposedly smothered to death at her son's home. It is being treated as a homicide investigation. Nothing is conclusive except to say that she was NOT shot and it was NOT a suicide. Her son is a suspect and is being held in custody. I thank all of you who are praying for me and our family and I BEG of you that want to gossip and spread rumors to please don't do that to me and my family. My heart is shattered and if you can't say anything good, please don't say anything at all. I never really realized the awsome power of God and how strong his love is until yesterday. Without him holding me upright, I could not have survived the day. As Nina always said to me I will say to you, PRAY, AND PRAY HARD! Thank you, Rick Anders
I am so sorry our prayers go out to you and your family Rick
we all love you and we are near if you need a friend may God comfort u in this time of need.
Rickys Cousin in AZ

Mesa, AZ

#41 Aug 7, 2010
Rick, I just heard,...sorry for your loss what a tragic situation. My family prayers for you and yours. Look to our Lord for continued support and comfort. He'll continue to carry you as you walk this journey. Nina is with Mom now and our other departed family, including your Mom (Aunt Guthrie) and Dad (Uncle Doc). Love ya.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min ChromiuMan 159,521
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 5 min well 35,967
Liberals should be hunted and exterminated (Feb '13) 7 min Trump Is Liar 34
Patriot Biofuels 13 min Roger Ford CEO 1
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 16 min Laughing At Trump 3,811
Pea and Wee PLLC thread 4 or 5 31 min Paul 5
Rock Roll Jackie 1 hr Just Sayin 17
Jacky D. Smith and COUNTY WASTE 14 hr Rock And Roll 24

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages