Who is the best pediatrician in Pikev...

Who is the best pediatrician in Pikeville?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

searching

Clay City, KY

#1 Jan 29, 2013
I'm thinking about changing my children's pediatrician. Our current pediatrician just doesn't seem to care and I've heard many complaints from other parents about her. I'm just fed up and need to find a competent doctor for my children.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#2 Jan 29, 2013
I've been taking my kids to east ky med. group ever since my oldest was a newborn. I would recommend them. The nurses are just so sweet to the kids and Dr. Wells is really thorough and caring.

Never ever see Dr. Mettu. Sad to say, but she cared more about India than her own patients. I was young when I had my first born, and really wasn't around a lot of babies growing up. I chose her as a pediatrician at first. My baby had acid reflux so bad that she would drink a small amount, then start crying. If I tried to feed her anymore, she'd throw up. She was almost a week old when I took her back. She said, "oh, it's just where your a new mom. She's ok." She had lost almost a pound, and she said,"some babies lose their birth fat. It's ok." I believed her, thinking that my child was ok. Second week, I brought her in again. Same thing. This time, she actually told me that my baby could still be fine on the few ounces that I was getting down her. Not even a few days later, I had had enough. It wasn't normal what I was going through with her. I tried so hard to get her to eat. When I went back in, she wasn't there. She was over in India doing something. A Dr. Burger was there filling in, and just as soon as he checked her, he immediately sent her to the ER for severe dehydration. She was going to let my child die while she was across seas. After that, I switched because Dr. Coleman was the on call physician, east ky med group. My baby was there for around two days, I think, because it was so bad.
mother of 2

United States

#3 Jan 29, 2013
i agree east ky medical group
leopardskin

United States

#4 Jan 29, 2013
I go to Physicians for Children (sachdevas) Im about to switch tho. The place is getting worse. Its downright nasty. There is open sewage in the bathroom! In the stall furthest to the wall there is a lid that just slides around, there is raw sewage under that lid!! Pure black feces! They never ever ever have hand soap ever!! There is no place to change a baby!! Dr Sachdeva the man is sweet to my face one minute and trying to rip my head off the next. The nurses are dirty and smell like sweat. Pure body odor.

“~To thine own self be true~”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#5 Jan 30, 2013
Hello love, there is a pediatrician coming to PMC from U.K. childrens clinic.
She is very good, my niece is a patient of hers currently.
She is due to start seeing patients in March.
Her name is Tanya Nichols.
Great Place to go

Shelbiana, KY

#6 Jan 30, 2013
East ky medical group, dr. Wells is where I take my child and she is the best by far. She is thourogh and caring, every time my kid is sick I can call and they get us in that day! Not to mention, the rooms and the waiting area are extra clean. I highly recommend them to anyone with a child.
Agree

Elkhorn City, KY

#7 Jan 30, 2013
I have taken my kids to Dr. Wells since they were newborns and have nothing but praise for her and her staff. I can't imagine taking them anywhere else.
searching

Clay City, KY

#8 Jan 30, 2013
Where is the "east Ky medical group" office at? is Dr. Wells accepting new patients? Also, another thing that is really incredibly important to me is finding a doctor that is non-circ friendly. My son is not circumcised and his current doctor doesn't seem to have any knowledge on how to care for a child like him properly.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#9 Jan 30, 2013
searching wrote:
Where is the "east Ky medical group" office at? is Dr. Wells accepting new patients? Also, another thing that is really incredibly important to me is finding a doctor that is non-circ friendly. My son is not circumcised and his current doctor doesn't seem to have any knowledge on how to care for a child like him properly.
They are next to the community trust bank that shares the parking lot with KFC and Sams hotdogs in coalrun. As for the rest, I have no clue. Just call, the receptionist would know.
bevboo

United States

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Thats a shame your sons current doctor cant care for an uncircumsized penis! Can you tell us who this doctor is!? She/he sounds very dumb if she cant care for a penis with no skin!
searching

Macon, GA

#11 Jan 31, 2013
i don't want to name names. But from what i studied and researched before he was born i know that you aren't supposed to force back the foreskin at all because it's attached to the head of the penis and that it will retract on it's own by the time they are 1 or 2 years old and every time my son has a check up she tries to force back his foreskin and he almost comes off the table screaming and crying in pain and has bled at least 3 times after a checkup. Then she tries to tell me "oh you need to stretch this out". I'm letting her put one finger on my baby again.
searching

Macon, GA

#12 Jan 31, 2013
i'm NOT letting her put one finger on my baby again*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Devil number 666 167,542
Ray Jones for Pike County Judge Executive 46 min Wise Eagle-Solid ... 27
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr Kyboy 37,661
local guys that are hung (Apr '16) 2 hr for you 44
Jeff Vanderbeck 3 hr Great Observation 14
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 3 hr Trump Lies 5,542
ANE Mum on Senator Ray Jones 3 hr Ray is an Elitist 173

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages