Southern Steel Tats
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Double Standards

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 May 14, 2012
I find it amusing that Rob claims to be a christian but some of his FB posts seems like he isn't. And they claim to be drug free but being on Soboxone isnt exactally drug free now is it? I know of a few workers there that take it.

Here are some of his FB posts so you can judge for your self.

He deleted one that was referring to another tat artist..I think his name was Big Mike or Big Somebody LOL, cant remember! But he claimed that this Big ? Flipped off one of his employees and was saying that meant he was number one and then allowed others to comment on the post saying bad things about the Big dude..downing his work ect. Not very christian now is it? But I guess he decided to delete it so more ppl wouldnt notice. But I did.

Southern Steel
I love it when you have been good to someone and they suck up to people who talk crap about you and try to tear you down. The good side to that is that according to the Bible the trying of your faith renders patience and insure could use a heapin helpin of that. It's also beneficial to watch how ad heavier and pride destroys a person and how watching the outcome of their bad choices has them sleeping with the enemy at home and work in some cases. ; ). You b knowin what I b meanin. Bon appetit

Southern Steel
If you hide what you do from someone who is truly uninterested is it still fun? Just wondered lol ; )
Like Share 14 hours ago near Wise

(If you are truly "uninterested" then you wouldnt waste your time talking/typing about it, would you?

He has deleted a few more that was talking about a certain other person. Whats that bible saying? Judge not least you be judged by the book of your own measure!

You and your employees are no better than anyone else and it makes me sick to see you act that way! Grow up Rob!!
just curious

Elkhorn City, KY

#4 May 14, 2012
why does Ritchie Bartley not work there anymore? his facebook says he doesn't......he is amazing!
Yeah

Red Jacket, WV

#5 May 16, 2012
The best one they had Ritchie Bartley no longer works there, can't wait for him to get another chair somewhere so that he can continue to be the best around.
one day

Red Jacket, WV

#6 May 16, 2012
Rob is not even man enough to fire anyone, he had to have his daughter fire Ritchie
Wiccan

Pikeville, KY

#7 May 16, 2012
Their a joke. I love the sign, will not do any Devil worhip wicca or what ever it says.

These punks wouldn't know those symbols if it bit them in the ass! They have done more then they know, how do I know... I when with a buddy to get his Tat, when i saw the sign I decide to get one done, an old Pagan symbol of luck and Spirit warding. flip out that cash and guess what.... Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz BADA-BOOM! New Pagan Tat! Done by pretend Christians! I love that tat too. Not so much the artwork, just how it got done!
blah blah

Winchester, KY

#8 May 16, 2012
anybody ever stop to think that the artists working at southern steel might not share the same views and opinions as the owner? i get tattooed there regularly and never hear the first thing about religion. the guys at the pikeville shop are all level headed, respectable guys who love tattooing. no agendas, just quality work! oh yeah,....imagine this,... you can quality tattoos at smalltown!(you mean you can get tattooed at more than one shop?) YES!!!!!!!!!! fuck drama! hell the guys that work at both shops are friends as far as i can tell! quit talking shit people!
hmmm

Winchester, KY

#9 May 16, 2012
hey
wthjs

Richmond, KY

#10 May 17, 2012
why did ritchy get fired? he was the best artist at that shop. rob is on suboxene? wat is suboxene lol? so they are all drugheads and christains ? WWWWTTTHHH!
one day

Pikeville, KY

#11 May 17, 2012
We are just trying to find out why Rob fired Ritchie and why he had to have his daughter do it and not him. There are many things you don't know about that shop, so just keep going there and supporting Rob, because he takes most of what you pay for the tat anyway where it should go to the artist.
tat girl

Ivel, KY

#12 May 17, 2012
I have gotten many tats from many people. There are some nice ppl at southern but Rob is another story. He makes his business look bad on FB and in life. He should delete his account and shut his mouth. He is about as much a christian as my Ford is a Chevy. And ritchie was a good artist..why did he get fired?
tat lady

Jeremiah, KY

#13 May 17, 2012
I was going to get me a tat soon at this place who would you say I should get one done by there was wanting some color.
Cult

Richmond, KY

#14 May 18, 2012
I agree with you, tat girl. Rob seems to be creating his own cult. He is taking his beliefs on religion and twisting them so many times it comes out to be something completely different from what it started out as. The worst part is he believes this non-sense and is brainwashing others into believing it. He is a hypocrite, too! He does not lead by example by any means. I personally think he fired Ritchie because he has an intense jealousy towards him. He can't stand to be less than. Speaking in the text of art, he is very much less than Ritchie with his art. I believe this killed him. Thou shalt not be greater than thy leader!
tattoo titty

Jeremiah, KY

#15 May 18, 2012
so where does ritchie work now?

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#16 May 20, 2012
Talk about double standards..listen to you people!!! What do you go there for..to worship, or to get a tattoo?? Who cares what they believe, as long as the art is good! In the end we all get judged, and it's not by each other. Not a single post on here is "Christian like" because we all have posted judgment, and that, in itself, is against all.
Live and let live :)
Oh, and I have a wonderful tattoo that Rob had done himself years ago, and I still love it :)
If you must judge, judge on the art, not the beliefs, because no one is right when it comes to that.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#17 May 22, 2012
tat lady wrote:
I was going to get me a tat soon at this place who would you say I should get one done by there was wanting some color.
Both my son and I got tats last Saturday. Chad did my son's and Harley did mine. Both artists are superb. How much pain can you endure? lol. I ask that because Chad is more heavy-handed (he himself used the word "relentless"), while Harley has a light touch. Harley was VERY meticulous with my tattoo and would settle for nothing less than perfection while doing my art. Chad and Matt both said that my tattoo was the best one that Harley has ever done. Southern Steel had two VERY satisfied customers Saturday. I'm sure that when I'm ready for my next tat, I will go to Harley once again. Good luck!
Endtime Revelator

Mount Vernon, KY

#18 May 22, 2012
popZaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Both my son and I got tats last Saturday. Chad did my son's and Harley did mine. Both artists are superb. How much pain can you endure? lol. I ask that because Chad is more heavy-handed (he himself used the word "relentless"), while Harley has a light touch. Harley was VERY meticulous with my tattoo and would settle for nothing less than perfection while doing my art. Chad and Matt both said that my tattoo was the best one that Harley has ever done. Southern Steel had two VERY satisfied customers Saturday. I'm sure that when I'm ready for my next tat, I will go to Harley once again. Good luck!
Hello, friend. Just curious, did you all design your own Tattoos or have someone else design them? Or pick from something the Shop had designed? If you don't mind telling, what did you all get? How's that for 20 ( or
close to it ) Questions? LOL!

“Hustlin' all day”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#19 May 22, 2012
Chad might be a lil heavy handed but his work is superb and I personally think he is one of the greatest around here! He helped me come up with the theme that was my back piece (whole back).
diva

Pikeville, KY

#20 May 22, 2012
well I thought Na Na worked their cause he told me he did. He was gonna give me a free tatt

“Hustlin' all day”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#22 May 23, 2012
LMAO wrote:
I hear that Chad did a wonderful back piece for the Troll in Post #19 indeed. It's a vivid, realistic looking pair of women's breasts for when the sodomites in prison got hold of that little bitch and gave him the ol' "what for" from behind, the breasts helped them get off and get done a lot faster, LMAO!
Seems like you know all too well about being gang raped by men in prison, did they traumatize you that bad that it's still a vivid memory or is it you lust to be gang raped by several men loser?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#23 May 23, 2012
Endtime Revelator wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, friend. Just curious, did you all design your own Tattoos or have someone else design them? Or pick from something the Shop had designed? If you don't mind telling, what did you all get? How's that for 20 ( or
close to it ) Questions? LOL!
We had something in mind and Harley and Chad took our ideas and turned them into works of art. My son is a United States Marine and we wanted to do something really special together while he is home on leave, so I said, "Lets go get inked!" lol What made it even a little more special to me is that it just happened to be Armed Forces Day. Anyway, I wanted a Marine Mom tat. I told Harley that and told him that I wanted a heart, a banner, and some roses--something feminine. He drew up a sketch that was beyond anything I had imagined. The details are too hard to describe here, but if you speak to Harley, ask him to show you the Marine Mom tat that he just did. He'll know exactly what you're talking about. It has a heart with a banner across it that says Marine. Below it and slightly to the left is the flag. Under the flag is an eagle. Under the eagle is a rose and, next to the rose is the world with a banner across it that says Mom. It is 6" long and 5" wide and the colors are amazing! I can't believe it was only 150 bucks. I got it on my left leg, just between the ankle and the knee.

I also have a purple rose with a honey bee on my right ankle. I got it on my 17th wedding anniversary. Ritchie did that one.
My son wanted a Mom tattoo that in some way represented me. He told Chad that he wanted a purple rose with a heart blooming from the center that said Mom and he wanted a honey bee. Chad instead sketched a rose with a stem that punctured the heart and the heart had a banner that says Mom and he put the honey bee buzzing just to the left of the rose. He added some color in the background and put some little diamond shapes of all colors around the entire tat. He even put turquoise and coral in the middle of the purple rose instead of just having it all purple. It was SO gorgeous! That one was 150 as well. He had it put on his inner, right fore-arm. You could ask Chad to show you a pic.

No matter what kind of tattoo you decide on, or which artist you get, I'm sure it'll be fantastic work that you'll be proud to show off. Whenever I comment on someone's ink, I always ask where they got it and who did it. I honestly have not seen ONE bad tattoo from them. Keep me posted...I wanna know all about it!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Cczar 177,395
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 59 min ALV 28,039
|keep a word, drop a word game| (Jul '11) 1 hr ALV 360
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr PastorXYZ 8,788
End Of The Word Game (May '11) 1 hr MEd 1,492
4 Letter Word Game (Mar '11) 1 hr MEd 2,060
4 letter word game (May '09) 1 hr Jackie 224
County Attorney Race 2 hr inquiring minds 139
Brian Morris Exposed 9 hr Sprawling Branch ... 14
District Court Judges race Mon Vote For Adam 43

Pikeville Jobs

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages