Stop parent pick up at Schools
insider

Macon, GA

#85 Aug 17, 2013
The rumor is that parent pickup at valley will be at 4:00 to clear all traffic out. That sounds a little late to me and I don't like it one bit. The same person that told me did say that it would be at 3:45 or 4:00. They said this was to encourage people to ride the bus and help with the traffic situation. They are saying that it is more of a safety situation and that parents have complained so much the past week that they have no choice. Again, someone told me and I would never tell you that I believe it 100%, but after last week it wouldn't suprise me at all. You have to admit, it was a hot mess up there. Makes me miss the little schools.
Foxy Lady

Ransom, KY

#86 Aug 17, 2013
insider wrote:
The rumor is that parent pickup at valley will be at 4:00 to clear all traffic out. That sounds a little late to me and I don't like it one bit. The same person that told me did say that it would be at 3:45 or 4:00. They said this was to encourage people to ride the bus and help with the traffic situation. They are saying that it is more of a safety situation and that parents have complained so much the past week that they have no choice. Again, someone told me and I would never tell you that I believe it 100%, but after last week it wouldn't suprise me at all. You have to admit, it was a hot mess up there. Makes me miss the little schools.
Did that same person tell you to put your kids on the bus to avoid this problem???
Bill

Winchester, KY

#88 Aug 17, 2013
Foxy Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Did that same person tell you to put your kids on the bus to avoid this problem???
we don't have enough buses but we are looking at the double dockers at the pentagon out back.now I heared which it maybe a rumor that Bilter would resign as a board member and take over the transportation dept.since he done a good job when he was transportation director and its been a mess with that Casey guy.
just wondering

Robinson Creek, KY

#89 Aug 17, 2013
how can a topic about parent pickup get so far off track???? Yes parent pickup should be stopped. Most of the problem with getting the kids loaded and off on their way home comes from so many parents being there. Children are safe on the bus and they would get home in no time if the could only get loaded on the bus and it was able to pull out on time. Valley had so many parent pickups this week it was just crazy. Why do they come to school and sit in cars from 2 until hometime is beyond me. I road the bus every day to school and had no problems getting there and back home. Yes it got crowded some had to even stand but that was ok. Someone is going to get hurt bad there if the PARENTS don't slow down all the traffic and congestion. But who will get the blame if this does happen ???? why the school of course....
knoww

Winchester, KY

#90 Aug 18, 2013
All you people on here going on about parent pickup need to stop & think , if you don't wanna go pickup your child & sit in a long line then STOP pickup up your child/children and you won't have anything to complain about its as simple as that!!! If you do want to so parent pickup than do it but stop B*itching!!!! Geez people
Amazed

Pikeville, KY

#91 Aug 18, 2013
Cry babies
wondering

Langley, KY

#92 Aug 19, 2013
I cannot beleive people get on here and complain about the parent pickup.. If you do not want to wait and get your kids let them ride the bus or either go somewhere else. In my opinion the bus will get your child home as fast as you can with the way they are doing it especially at Valley. I think they need to do something about the traffic jam before someone gets hurt. If these parents would stay at home until they let the kids out instead standing outside gossiping about everyone it would probably get a lot better,
George

Winchester, KY

#93 Aug 19, 2013
These are the same helicopter moms that have their 12 year old sons sleeping in the bed with them. Posting on Facebook about "their" man, their little man this or that, like it's their husband. My God, what is this generation going to be like?
David

Macon, GA

#94 Aug 19, 2013
I agree about the traffic at valley. Have you ever seen a bigger bunch of idiots than those "mommies" that stand around running those big mouths? And lets not even talk about their driving skills because they are the people that give women drivers a bad name. One lady was driving like a bat out of hell through THE PARKING LOT this evening. How someone didn't call the KSP or Sheriff's Dept. is beyond me. It will take getting someone hurt before someone steps in.
Parent

Ransom, KY

#95 Aug 19, 2013
If the board would quit catering and hauling 2 or 3 students all over Pike County on buses to distant schools we wouldn't have to wait an hour after school for our kids to get home.Cut out all the buses running to other schools,and save millions Pike County Board,it don't take an educated person to figure out all the money wasted for private routes for a selected few!
Patty

Logan, WV

#96 Aug 19, 2013
I enjoy picking up my 5 kids!I stand at the door eating my Twinkie and drinking my Pepsi,if you don't like it ,kiss my fanny!
life is just a fantasy

Elkhorn City, KY

#97 Aug 19, 2013
George wrote:
These are the same helicopter moms that have their 12 year old sons sleeping in the bed with them. Posting on Facebook about "their" man, their little man this or that, like it's their husband. My God, what is this generation going to be like?
omg man, i have posted that very subject on here before.
i can go to facebook right now and name at least 6 different women on there gushing about their little man, their feller, its sickening.
i am in agreeance with you about the future generations of men, they are going to be scared of their own shadow, mammas boys.
i mean did you see that movie ted where everytime it stormed the little bear ran and jumped in bed with the guy???
that is how these men are going to be, running to mom everytime they need something or get scared.
i feel bad for women who might want to get involved with those men.
cant these women see what they are turning their sons into?
confused about the feelings they might have because as they get older their moms in bed with them when they begin to get erections, ewwwwww, the thoughts of it are disgusting.
no parent should be sleeping with their kid period, but these moms talk about their sons as if they are their man.
they need to go out and get a man and leave their kid alone!!!
My point

Harold, KY

#98 Aug 19, 2013
To each his own...A big percent of parents choose parent pick-up due to their jobs...some people do work...and have to admit school bullying is very out of hand in this area...our tax dollars should be used on video camera's and bus monitors..and yes there are some moms who just get a thrill texting....Guess what..... I am the first one in parent pick-up today....
Foxy Lady

Ransom, KY

#99 Aug 19, 2013
My point wrote:
To each his own...A big percent of parents choose parent pick-up due to their jobs...some people do work...and have to admit school bullying is very out of hand in this area...our tax dollars should be used on video camera's and bus monitors..and yes there are some moms who just get a thrill texting....Guess what..... I am the first one in parent pick-up today....
You were the first in line because you don't have a job.
What

London, KY

#100 Aug 19, 2013
Foxy Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a stupid statement.
I Hope You Were Joking

London, KY

#101 Aug 19, 2013
snake man of app wrote:
<quoted text>yes sir i do live along the main road, and there are no other ways for them to go really, up a few hollers maybe.
because if they go more than 12 miles they will be in another school zone.
i know where they go, i have lived here for many years.
i rode those same buses when i was growing up and i know they have the same drivers and they go to the same areas.
i know that just past my house there are 4 actual hollers. why not have one bus take two hollers and one bus take the other two.
there are a few areas across creeks or up on hillsides where the buses do not go, they drop the kids off at bridges or roadways where they either walk or have parents pick them up.
the only high school that they serve is east ridge, and all the buses from elkhorn city go from there to east ridge and pick up the students.
and yes there are some high school kids who ride those buses.
from elkhorn city elementary school, they travel maybe 18 miles to the junction at shelby gap, and that is as far as they go, buses from dorton meet there to pick up any students who live along that road and there is one bus that runs from there to marshalls branch, where the pike/letcher county line is.
dont try to confuse the people.
i worked in the schools and i know the bus routes.
the only reason those buses run is because the men who drive them are either school teachers or coaches and live in that direction so they can drive the buses on their way home.
with the exception of jerry wayne childers who is retired from the school.
say what you will, i know what im talking about.
these are the kids who ride the bus and whose parents cant for whatever reason drive them.
they could cut out two of those buses at least.
now come on back, tell me i dont know what im talking about, i know every holler along this highway and i know how far the buses go, they havent changed things in decades, one goes to the top of the mt at ashcamp going over into the hellier area and that is as far as they go.
one goes to shelby gap and drops off kids going toward dorton. and the other two drop kids off along the roadway. and i suppose they share the 4 hollers as well.
the big buses do not go over into bartley town or lower pigeon.
either a smaller bus takes those students or they walk.
If you really did work in the schools then that is a shame. Your grammar and sentence structure is atrocious. That says a lot about this county's education system.
Silas

Lebanon, KY

#102 Aug 20, 2013
Parent wrote:
If the board would quit catering and hauling 2 or 3 students all over Pike County on buses to distant schools we wouldn't have to wait an hour after school for our kids to get home.Cut out all the buses running to other schools,and save millions Pike County Board,it don't take an educated person to figure out all the money wasted for private routes for a selected few!
Shut the buck up!
snake man of app

Elkhorn City, KY

#103 Aug 20, 2013
I Hope You Were Joking wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really did work in the schools then that is a shame. Your grammar and sentence structure is atrocious. That says a lot about this county's education system.
you kmow if you go to the elkhorn city forums, theres a big red headed flamer who calls himself the grammar police.
you and he could make beautiful queer music together!!!
Laughing

Chesterfield, MO

#105 Sep 11, 2013
Tackett wrote:
<quoted text>They are never a bus driving job put on the boards website and 90 percent are already employees of the Board,which most of them receive 65 $ a day,this is so they can draw Social Security plus their retirement,plus their transportation to their job no wear on their personal vehicle.
In their dreams. Bus drivers do not make $65.00 a day. Why don't you get your butt on the sub list if you want to drive a bus.
Laughing

Chesterfield, MO

#106 Sep 11, 2013
Foxy Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Your fat butt probably works at the school, and you are probably paid through a grant. Foxy Lady, you are far from Foxy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt Reynolds 1 hr Not Turnip 63
Lonley anyone ? 1 hr big daddy 2
City Takeover of the County 6 hr Loki 3
Easy women? 6 hr Not Turnip 15
I hope, food stamps , free housing, SSi all of ... 7 hr Hillarytards Are ... 158
JK Coleman Is Stupid (Nov '14) 7 hr Loki 131
still trying to steal the election 7 hr Hillarytards Are ... 105

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages