I hired Eric C.Conn
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wondering

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 Oct 7, 2013
I've worked for the past 32 years, am 52 years old, never drawn comp or unemployment. Now, the problem. I did not know Conn was under this investigation. I hired this man in good faith. I am truly hurt and unable to preform my daily duties of my former job. This whole fiasco cam as a shock to me. Just wonder what my recourse is in this matter. Seems as if the SS board would frown on Conn now. I hired him on his record of winning cases. I've already been turned down one time with the appeal in process. Should I look for another attorney and complicate things more, or go after Conn for misrepresentation? Believe me I don't look forward to only drawing $1100.00 a month, but at this point I'm ashamed to say, I'm desperate. Any of you legal eagles have an answer? Thanks
he gets the job done

Pikeville, KY

#2 Oct 8, 2013
I am no legal eagle, but I say stick with ECC!!!
He is good at what he does, and this whole investigation is a farce.
And those dumb bitches getting on tv and getting on the stand and talking about how corrupt ECC is, well, they are the very ones who helped approve all of his cases.
The only reason they are talking out against him now is job security.
They are worried they will be seen for what they really are.
Stick with ECC, he has other lawyers working with him that will more than likely handle your case and I say if your claim is a good one, you will win your SS.
newsflash

Thelma, KY

#3 Oct 8, 2013
he gets the job done wrote:
I am no legal eagle, but I say stick with ECC!!!
He is good at what he does, and this whole investigation is a farce.
And those dumb bitches getting on tv and getting on the stand and talking about how corrupt ECC is, well, they are the very ones who helped approve all of his cases.
The only reason they are talking out against him now is job security.
They are worried they will be seen for what they really are.
Stick with ECC, he has other lawyers working with him that will more than likely handle your case and I say if your claim is a good one, you will win your SS.
Job security? You seriously think that those ladies work for the disability office now? They were employees at the office. They didn't approve anyone getting disability. Those two employees saw what was going on and apparently being ethical people decided something needed to be done.
Well

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 8, 2013
ECC will be in prison before your case comes up. His "law" firm will come apart.

Best to take your case now and leave. Cut your losses.

There is nothing you can do to sue ECC, sorry about that one.

As for "he gets the job done", probably ECC's mom posting here.

For anyone who had him in the past, more than likely you can expect your case to be reviewed by SS. More reviewed than the normal CDR (Continuing Disability Review). Those people are going to have a tough time.

“Pink is your new obsession!!”

Since: Mar 13

Ojai, CA

#5 Oct 8, 2013
newsflash wrote:
<quoted text>
Job security? You seriously think that those ladies work for the disability office now? They were employees at the office. They didn't approve anyone getting disability. Those two employees saw what was going on and apparently being ethical people decided something needed to be done.
lmfao, ethical my ass! they were scared the shit was gonna hit the fan and fly back on them, so they did what they thought was best to save their asses, rat others out.
they hold as much responsibilty as anyone in those people getting their social security or ssi.
the only difference is, the powers that be wanted to go after the top dogs, like eric conn and the judges, doctors.
they could care less about the pee on's.
lol, but thanks for the laugh, ethical, indeed.

“Pink is your new obsession!!”

Since: Mar 13

Ojai, CA

#6 Oct 8, 2013
Well wrote:
ECC will be in prison before your case comes up. His "law" firm will come apart.
For anyone who had him in the past, more than likely you can expect your case to be reviewed by SS. More reviewed than the normal CDR (Continuing Disability Review). Those people are going to have a tough time.
wow, i wish you took paypal to lay bets on this.
26 million

Prestonsburg, KY

#8 Oct 8, 2013
reports are in he ECC got over 26 million dollars in legal fees from the social security add.
Interested tax payer

Chadbourn, NC

#9 Oct 8, 2013
For Goodness sakes get a reputable Attorney. Eric Conn artist is finished. Alot of heads are going to roll. What will be interesting to see will be how son the Social Security Administration will do a mass review of all of the cases already approved over the years. What a bad situation he has put the deserving recipients in.
Glen

Dallas, TX

#10 Oct 8, 2013
Well wrote:
If they had ECC from 2006 to 2010 .. they should expect a full blown CDR Review!
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/soci...
Blue Waters

Prestonsburg, KY

#11 Oct 8, 2013
Interested tax payer wrote:
For Goodness sakes get a reputable Attorney. Eric Conn artist is finished. Alot of heads are going to roll. What will be interesting to see will be how son the Social Security Administration will do a mass review of all of the cases already approved over the years. What a bad situation he has put the deserving recipients in.
Looks like you are going to loose your draw. You've enjoyed the beach long enough. Time to come home..........
Glen

Dallas, TX

#12 Oct 8, 2013
Interested tax payer wrote:
True! It will hit the people on SSI the worst. From what i understood from the hearing on CSPAN if you had Eric from 2006 to 2010 ... get ready to loose your check or have a bull blown CDR Review. Also, the link below states from 2006 to late 2010.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/soci...
Still the same system

Georgetown, KY

#13 Oct 8, 2013
Wondering wrote:
I've worked for the past 32 years, am 52 years old, never drawn comp or unemployment. Now, the problem. I did not know Conn was under this investigation. I hired this man in good faith. I am truly hurt and unable to preform my daily duties of my former job. This whole fiasco cam as a shock to me. Just wonder what my recourse is in this matter. Seems as if the SS board would frown on Conn now. I hired him on his record of winning cases. I've already been turned down one time with the appeal in process. Should I look for another attorney and complicate things more, or go after Conn for misrepresentation? Believe me I don't look forward to only drawing $1100.00 a month, but at this point I'm ashamed to say, I'm desperate. Any of you legal eagles have an answer? Thanks
It may be as it once was, a little harder to get on but if you are truly disabled you should be OK, just get another lawyer before your final appeal. Most of the recipients conn got the disability would have been off by the third year anyway. You have to go through a 3rd year review and about 50% or more of Conns cases will be deemed fit to work and taken off the disability rolls. The last 6 years with when the Lawyer Disability mills cranked up is the problem, new regulations will come from this effecting them but the truly disabled will be OK.
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#14 Oct 8, 2013
Still the same system wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be as it once was, a little harder to get on but if you are truly disabled you should be OK, just get another lawyer before your final appeal. Most of the recipients conn got the disability would have been off by the third year anyway. You have to go through a 3rd year review and about 50% or more of Conns cases will be deemed fit to work and taken off the disability rolls. The last 6 years with when the Lawyer Disability mills cranked up is the problem, new regulations will come from this effecting them but the truly disabled will be OK.
Do you REALLY think that ANYONE will lose their check? I'd be surprised if those bums didn't wind up with a bigger check. Watch for the liberals to start screaming bloody murder about those poor unfortunate souls taken advantage of by Mr. Conn for only getting them 1100 a month while he raked in millions.
riiiight

Harold, KY

#15 Oct 8, 2013
newsflash wrote:
<quoted text>
Those two FORMER employees had axes of their own to grind. I really love how at the end of their panel when they were asked what made them come forward their answers were "I don't know." and "I agree with them." Referring to the SSA employees also on the panel. "Money," and "To cover my own crimes." were probably not high on the list of appropriate responses.
What About

Lansing, MI

#16 Oct 8, 2013
Still the same system wrote:
<quoted text>
IDK! What about the clients of this Conn's that have done went through two or more CDR Reviews and passed?
I'm sure they were 'legit' ones that didn't know about Conn and this Judge. I can't see the SSA just cutting EVERY ONE of Conn's clients off. Maybe looking at the shady ones. Dr Apt's, Meds, how often they go to the Dr, Etc... They have it on record if they are on Medicare and medicaid.
So many people are on SSI and working under the table. I'd say 75% or more.
Hdhe

United States

#17 Oct 8, 2013
riiiight wrote:
<quoted text>
Those two FORMER employees had axes of their own to grind. I really love how at the end of their panel when they were asked what made them come forward their answers were "I don't know." and "I agree with them." Referring to the SSA employees also on the panel. "Money," and "To cover my own crimes." were probably not high on the list of appropriate responses.
I recall both of the former employees of Mr.Conn giving reasons as to why they can forward... Please refer to c-span.org and watch again. Also, please come up with more attacks for the other past employees that will back up what they said... Remind Mr. Conn that his office hires and fires mostly on a daily basis!! Ex employees that were miss treated and fired will come out of the wood works for this. I'm sure there are close to 50-70 of them that witnessed most of what the other 2 discussed. Also, I believe there is NO money involved for the two former employees.
Someone wasn't watching the coverage very closely..........
Mr Social Security

Georgetown, KY

#18 Oct 8, 2013
What About wrote:
<quoted text>IDK! What about the clients of this Conn's that have done went through two or more CDR Reviews and passed?
I'm sure they were 'legit' ones that didn't know about Conn and this Judge. I can't see the SSA just cutting EVERY ONE of Conn's clients off. Maybe looking at the shady ones. Dr Apt's, Meds, how often they go to the Dr, Etc... They have it on record if they are on Medicare and medicaid.
So many people are on SSI and working under the table. I'd say 75% or more.
Exactly, not all of those cases from 2006 on will be tossed off the disability roll, the ones that had their own legit doctor and hospital records should pass muster. The ones Eric sent to his doctors, well they have a right to be a little nervous right now!
Oh No

Georgetown, KY

#19 Oct 8, 2013
Just in, little Eric just jumped off the Billboard down at Allen. I guess the publicity and the shame was to much for him!

Special Report at 11...
Really

San Diego, CA

#20 Oct 8, 2013
Mr Social Security wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, not all of those cases from 2006 on will be tossed off the disability roll, the ones that had their own legit doctor and hospital records should pass muster. The ones Eric sent to his doctors, well they have a right to be a little nervous right now!
So this is from 2006 and on? I though i read from 2003 and on. But, according to the hearing on CSPAN 2006 and up was mentioned.
Brian

Frankfort, KY

#21 Oct 8, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Hire a different lawyer, plain and simple. Eric Conn has not actually represented a claimant in a decade. His win/loss record in the last two years is significantly different than what it was when Daugherty was blanket approving all of his claims.

Do some research, hire someone competent. There are plenty of disability lawyers in Eastern KY.

People like "he gets the job done" are Conn employees who troll Topix in some never-ending Public Relations crusade. What they do not realize is that Eric Conn is a snake and will either flee the country, turn states evidence, or go to jail, and they will be out of a job or facing charges as accessories to his crimes. He was prohibited from representing VA claimants and now his disability scam is up -- he's never practiced an honest day of law in his life. I don't understand why his employees would stick up for him when he would, without question, roll over on them in a heartbeat.

All of that being said, what you have to ask yourself is if you want yourself being represented by a man whose entire reputation was just torn apart by a Senate subcommittee that accessed and reviewed hundreds of his cases -- not just the testimony of those four women. Eric can hide all of the evidence in his office. What he cannot hide is the bogus evidence that is saved in SSA's electronic folders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bi guys 6 min No guy 26
Black life's matter are thugs and liars !! 7 min enough 106
A Nickname For the Donald 33 min Whoa 13
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr well 32,147
Is Pikeville Really Growing? Honestly? 1 hr Texan 331
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 1 hr Alex Nicole 7,194
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Don Barros Serrano 148,346
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages