Daniel Keene charged with murder!!!

Daniel Keene charged with murder!!!

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

Kat

Morehead, KY

#1 May 29, 2012
Daniel Keene and Matt Deenholm have both been charged with kidnapping, torturing and murdering 2 people in Richmond, KY!

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/27/2128085/ri...
Kat

Morehead, KY

#2 May 29, 2012
RICHMOND — An Eastern Kentucky University physics major and a former Iraq war veteran are accused of kidnapping and killing a Richmond couple who were reported missing nearly two years ago.
Police said Tuesday that two bodies had been found.
Daniel R. Keene, 26, the EKU student, was booked into the Madison County jail Monday night by Richmond police. On Tuesday, police charged Matt Denholm, 27, the Iraq war veteran, who already was facing charges of murder and attempted murder in a November shooting in Berea.
Both are charged with murder, kidnapping and tampering with physical evidence in the deaths of Sonsaray "Sonsi" Warford, 30, and her boyfriend, Charles DeMarcus "Chew" Walker, 30, Richmond police Maj. Bob Mott said. Warford and Walker had been missing since late June 2010.
Keene, a junior at EKU, remains in custody in lieu of a $2 million bond, according to the jail Web site. Denholm also remains in the Madison County jail.
Keene confessed Monday night to kidnapping Warford and Walker from their Keystone Drive apartment on or about June 28, 2010, according to a uniform citation filed by Richmond police in Madison District Court.
"Daniel Keene stated (that) after kidnapping Walker and Warford, he and an associate murdered Walker and Warford within Madison County," the citation said.
The citation does not name the "associate," but a 41-page affidavit filed by Richmond police detective William O'Donnell says Keene and Denholm, who worked as security guards at a Lexington hotel, were hired to kill Walker. The affidavit indicates Warford was killed only because she happened to be with Walker.
The affidavit says Walker was the intended target of a "hit" because he allegedly stole a large amount of money from Ja'Kolbe Chenault.
The source for this information, according to the affidavit, is Lebruce Ellington, an acquaintance of Chenault who once dated Bridget Hall. Hall told police she was a close friend of Keene and referred to him as a "cousin" even though they are not blood relations. For a time, Hall shared an apartment with Keene.
Ellington, arrested in November on federal drug charges, allegedly spoke to Keene about "getting back" at Walker, the affidavit says.(The affidavit also says that Ellington and Keene were both intoxicated and that Ellington did not take his conversation with Keene seriously.)
Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/27/2128085/ri...
wondering

Thelma, KY

#3 May 29, 2012
These guys murdered these people almost two years ago and are just now getting caught? How does anyone live with themself when they have taken the life of another...
crazy

Richmond, KY

#4 May 29, 2012
I went to school with Daniel Keene and never thought him to be such a man. This is truly heart-breaking and sick.
wow

Elkhorn City, KY

#5 Jun 24, 2014
this absolutely blows my mind I mean I went to school with him my whole life and never in my wildest dreams would I have believed he could kill someone. I knew he had a hard life after his mom's death I think that is what changed him so badly. my prayers are with the families of the victims but also with Daniel may he too find piece in his heart
My 2 cents

North Richland Hills, TX

#6 Jun 24, 2014
Latest Update

Keene told police in March 2012 that he and Keene had been hired to kill Walker because he allegedly stole money from a local cocaine trafficker. Warford, Walker’s girlfriend, was at home when the two men abducted them from a Keystone Drive apartment, according to court documents and testimony.

The couple was missing for nearly two years before Keene led police to their bodes buried in a field off Tates Creek Road, according to court documents.

Another man, Lebruce Ellington, 34, is charged with complicity in the double-homicide. He is accused of being the go-between for the drug ring’s leader, Jakolbe Chenault, and Keene and Denholm. He also allegedly gave the men the gun used in the killings.

Chenault has not been charged in connection with the murders, but he is serving a 30-year sentence in federal prison for drug trafficking and money laundering.

http://www.richmondregister.com/localnews/x49...

wow, delayed trial to review evidence? This Keene guy seems like a real award winner!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Airport Board Once Again FAILS to Meet v2.0 26 min Vanderbeck PBX again 10
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 45 min others 4,029
Does Ray Jones still Represent UMG (Jan '15) 52 min Political Power Man 34
ane bias 56 min No Integrity 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 58 min Jimmy 160,665
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 7,777
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr your 36,137
Dr. Tamara Musgrave (Nov '09) 19 hr Pikeville Parent 65

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages