Kelly Wells rumored to take the Moreh...

Kelly Wells rumored to take the Morehead St Coaching Position? UPIKE Hire's WHo?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
who now

Gray, KY

#1 May 3, 2012
I think they will try and hire Raymond Justice!!!
wondering

Thelma, KY

#2 May 3, 2012
who now wrote:
I think they will try and hire Raymond Justice!!!
Who is Raymond Justice and where did you hear Kelly Wells was leaving UPIKE?
who now

Pikeville, KY

#3 May 4, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Raymond Justice and where did you hear Kelly Wells was leaving UPIKE?
Raymond Justice use to be the head coach at Belfry High School for many years until he took the assistant coaching position at Pikeville College under Randy Mccoy. Every sports guru has Kelly Wells as the a shoe in to take the job at Morehead St. He is from Rowan Co in the first place and applied for the position back when Donnie Tydall got the job over him plus Kelly Wells is a Graduate of Morehead St it only makes sense that he is gonna to take the job. http://hoopdirt.com/blog/78bba1e1/morehead-st...

Here is another link http://www.allkyhoops.com/2012/05/who-will-be...

He is a favorite for the position. He applied for the positon back when it was open instead they choose to take Tyndall now that he is gone and Wells has won a championship at UPIKE is almost all but guaranteed to take the position.
smoke and mirrors

Elkhorn City, KY

#4 May 4, 2012
kelly wells isnt going anywhere, if anything its just a ploy players and coaches use to re-negotiate their contracts.
he has appl wireless and all of pikeville kissing his ass, tv commercials, free food and drinks in the bars/restaurants, chicks giving him googlie eyes.... and thinking he hung the moon, he isnt going to give all that up.
Not going to happen

Manchester, KY

#5 May 4, 2012
Kelly Wells would be a horrible selection for Morehead. He has never finished above 3rd in the Mid South Conference while at Pikeville College. I repeat, he has never placed higher than 3rd in his own conference. He has had 2 losing season in 7 years as a college coach going back to the year he was fired at HP College. He has had numerous players ran off from Pikeville because of drugs, behavior and academic problems. Morehead isn't going to hire a person like him.
LMAO

Cynthiana, KY

#6 May 5, 2012
Kelly Wells won a Kentucky High School State Championship as a Coach at Mason County also was the Coach of the Year in Kentucky. Won the NAIA National Championship the first in UPIKE history also was named National Coach of the Year in NAIA LMAO I think he has the credentials to get a better job. Sounds like you have no clue as to what a resume looks like or better yet what a great resume would ever contain.
you are right

Thelma, KY

#7 May 5, 2012
LMAO wrote:
Kelly Wells won a Kentucky High School State Championship as a Coach at Mason County also was the Coach of the Year in Kentucky. Won the NAIA National Championship the first in UPIKE history also was named National Coach of the Year in NAIA LMAO I think he has the credentials to get a better job. Sounds like you have no clue as to what a resume looks like or better yet what a great resume would ever contain.
And on top of that he is a great person.
Wels

Manchester, KY

#8 May 5, 2012
Kelly was fired from his last coaching job. I say hire Pelphry. Heck from waht i saw his team couldnt beat Pikeville high school
LMAO

Cynthiana, KY

#9 May 6, 2012
You do know that Pelphrey was fired from his last job as well don't you. Arkansas just fired him. He accepted an assistant position under Donovan at Florida.
What

Georgetown, KY

#10 May 6, 2012
Anybody who thinks Kelly Wells is not qualified to coach at Morehead State is pretty dumb. He has the credentials. The finishing no higher than third in the conference...but yet he wins the national championship...uh..pretty good coaching job. He has the connections at MSU. His dad was probably the most successful women's coach there for years. The name is respected.
Another Kyle Macy Hire

Clay City, KY

#11 May 6, 2012
Let's get this correct, you're basing a hire on one season of success for Kelly Wells over several sub par or very bad years...2 losing seasons in 7 in college.... Including being fired? That makes a lot of sense. So, the guy loses 13 games this year and the Morehead hiring committee picks Kelly......Morehead can do much better than that and should do much better. They owe it to their players and fans...
LMAO

Cynthiana, KY

#12 May 7, 2012
Kelly Wells is the best person for the job anyone who says other wise clearly doesn't have any knowledge of the game of basketball. Kyle Macy please he was hired without ever having any prior coaching experience period, that is why Kyle Macy was a horrible hire. Kelly Wells has proven himself on the High School level then he moved onto the College level and has now proven to be a great college coach so now its time to move up a level to the very bottom of the mid majors at Morehead St where he will be very successful. LMAO Kyle Macy never had ever been a head coach lets hire him LOL
What

Georgetown, KY

#13 May 7, 2012
I don't think he has a clue about Kelly Wells. He could very much be in the running for the job. Wade will probably get it. Kelly would be considered and may have a very good chance.
LMAO

Prestonsburg, KY

#14 May 7, 2012
Yeah agree with you he doesn't have a clue. Kelly Wells is in there top 2 right now from my understanding. Its between the assistant Tyndall left behind and Coach Wells. We shall see in the coming weeks because they will definitely fill the position by then.
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#15 May 8, 2012
No one ever said that Kelly Wells isn't being interviewed and considered. It's about whether or not he's the type of Coach that should be looked at. The only reason he's being considered is his ties to the area...not based on his coaching record. I know if it was any other name with a resume like that he wouldn't be considered for the job... "2 losing seasons in 7 years. 13 L's prior season. Never winning a conference championship. Major acedemic, behavior problems among his players." His dad, his ties to the area is what's getting him the opportunity..not his coaching record.
wtf

Richmond, KY

#16 May 8, 2012
LOL wrote:
No one ever said that Kelly Wells isn't being interviewed and considered. It's about whether or not he's the type of Coach that should be looked at. The only reason he's being considered is his ties to the area...not based on his coaching record. I know if it was any other name with a resume like that he wouldn't be considered for the job... "2 losing seasons in 7 years. 13 L's prior season. Never winning a conference championship. Major acedemic, behavior problems among his players." His dad, his ties to the area is what's getting him the opportunity..not his coaching record.
He has only coached in College 4 years you idiot.
wrong

Pikeville, KY

#17 May 8, 2012
Poster is right 7 years going back to the year he was fired at another school
Not happening

Pikeville, KY

#18 May 8, 2012
He's not getting the job people. I know that to be fact.
news

Thelma, KY

#19 May 8, 2012
Not happening wrote:
He's not getting the job people. I know that to be fact.
He is not taking the job and that is a fact.

http://upikebears.com/mobile/index.aspx...
Not Sure

Shepherdsville, KY

#20 Jan 8, 2013
wrong wrote:
Poster is right 7 years going back to the year he was fired at another school
First, I searched and never found any evidence that he was fired from Hawaii Pacific. Please post if you have a link because I do not remember it that way. Secondly, the man has won a championship at every level he has coached. You can't ask for much more than that. He is also an incredible person. I don't know that he will ever get the Morehead job for political reasons as much as anything. The amount of popularity he could command at Morehead with any amount of success is more than they wish to deal with. As well, the Morehead job is a horrible job. No tradition other than a win over Louisville and Big Bob McCann. Neither Bob nor I can spell his last name right, but he got the first name down forward and backwards. Morehead has limited resources and a weak area to work with for local recruits. They also have to compete with Murray every year so getting to any post season tournament is a slim to none possibility. Maybe his regular season is a reason he hasn't been snatched up yet or it could even be his health. I'm not sure, but the guy can coach and win the big game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ane bias 9 min ANE Silence Deafe... 4
Pea and Wee PLLC Thread 13 14 min Amy 1
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 23 min -Prince- 9,315
Airport Board Once Again FAILS to Meet v2.0 25 min Vanderbeck is Bought 12
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min usa 160,682
old Kmart building?? 53 min Empty Space 4
OFFICIAL: Trump's Manafort worked for Putin 55 min More Trump Lies 6
Dr. Tamara Musgrave (Nov '09) 4 hr Pikeville Parent 69
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 5 hr FYI 36,139

Pikeville Jobs