Mayor Threatens Airport Board Member

Mayor Threatens Airport Board Member

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
State of Denial

Ransom, KY

#2 Nov 9, 2013
Hypocrite wrote:
The Mayor has accused an Airport Board Member of not being a Pike County Resident.
Where does the Pikeville Mayor live?
Which State?
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

“WFO”

Since: Jan 11

Pikeville

#3 Nov 9, 2013
I guess if u try and vote for what u believe is right, and go against the Pikeville elite's wishes, u will be punished!! We have reached a new low in the BIG city of PIKEVILLE. Well, we were already there, it's just normally done behind closed doors. My comment would be, I hope they don't piss off the wrong person, because there are a lot of skeletons in those closets!! I just wonder if the ANE would print them?!
Silly Willy

Ransom, KY

#5 Nov 9, 2013
B Slapper Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>If they do the little Mayor will slap them silly.
I'll hurt you so bad little Boy!
Little mayor is whining

Daniels, WV

#6 Nov 9, 2013
The man Little Frankie is after is the one man appointed by Judge Rutherford to the airport board who got in because no one knew he would uncover and expose unethical and illegal practices. He refused to do what 'they' wanted. They wanted him to just keep his mouth shut and let things go on as they were. Now the FEDS are investigating because of what this one man has discovered.

Much more to come now. Especially since the 'little' mayor is making such a stink over an exposed playhouse.

BTW Little Frankie....Pikeville IS in Pike County!! Look it up or ask someone on the street.

YOU have opened a can of worms little guy.
Goose and Gander

Clay City, KY

#7 Nov 9, 2013
I suppose it is ok to have airplanes registered in other states as some people do. But if you have a vehicle registered in another state then we should jail this criminal and subject him to ten years of hard labor.

We must rid the city of all these criminals. But then you may just find the heart of town empty.

Pitiful when politicians attack common folk of our area.
Little Snitch

Richmond, KY

#8 Nov 9, 2013
Get the Fiscal Court snitch off the board, they will teach him to dare to vote NO on the air service.....lol
What

Clay City, KY

#9 Nov 9, 2013
Is the big deal about voting NO? You still got what you wanted.

Looks like you are being childish.
DownWithObama

Jackson, KY

#10 Nov 9, 2013
This is a got'dayum travesty! Hang that mayor in front of the dang court house. Damn you, Obama.
Hardline

Hueysville, KY

#11 Nov 9, 2013
I wish Frankie would try and slap me.
Airboat Captain

Ransom, KY

#12 Nov 9, 2013
Hypocrite wrote:
The Mayor has accused an Airport Board Member of not being a Pike County Resident.
Where does the Pikeville Mayor live?
Which State?
State of Shock
Sky King

Richmond, KY

#13 Nov 9, 2013
I think the City/Fiscal Court Relationship crashed and burned a long time ago!
Stop Political Bullies

Macon, GA

#15 Nov 10, 2013
How ironic.

Mayor assaults newspaper man for running story on him.

Now it appears to me that the mayor is using the newspaper to assault a board member.

Such a shame that our veterans were not afforded the headlines. A story about a mere letter of question take the headlines. Sure appears to me that someone at the ANE dances to a certain tune.

I wonder if this would be happening if the man voted YES on the board
Spoiled Brats

Richmond, KY

#17 Nov 10, 2013
Egomaniacs on both sides fighting over political bones and bragging rights.

Thing is with these arrogant politicians butting heads it hurts the county and the city. They need to be working together for job creation and improving the economy as we lose the coal business and instead they are in a pissing contest.

I think we need to vote both the mayor and the judge exec out, they can take their school yard fight somewhere else. We need to be working on cooperation at all levels and getting trying to survive this latest slump in the coal market.
Forest Hills Resident

Logan, WV

#18 Nov 10, 2013
The Pikeville air service is a joke. A big waste of money. How can Pikeville have enough customers to maintain an airport when Charleston, Wv. has trouble?
Just more money to waste. While we are on the Pikeville subject, don`t the city manager look stupid on Pike TV?
Might I Say

Louisville, KY

#19 Nov 10, 2013
Spoiled Brats wrote:
Egomaniacs on both sides fighting over political bones and bragging rights.
Thing is with these arrogant politicians butting heads it hurts the county and the city. They need to be working together for job creation and improving the economy as we lose the coal business and instead they are in a pissing contest.
I think we need to vote both the mayor and the judge exec out, they can take their school yard fight somewhere else. We need to be working on cooperation at all levels and getting trying to survive this latest slump in the coal market.
What many already know is that this board member is not a participant in the city/county fight. I am told wagoner had never met or spoke to wane Rutherford in his life before being appointed. Furthermore I myself being active in politics have never seen him attend political functions. Ask any office holder I'm the county or city if he personally knows wagoner. I am told that W Keith Hall who is from a Phelps stated he knows Wagoner well but hasn't spoken to him in possibly 20 years.
Now does this sound like someone involved in the political fight going on? I suggest it sounds to me like someone that has not followed the direction of political pressure. And just might have discovered some shady things going on at the airport.
Primadonna Prom Queens

Richmond, KY

#20 Nov 10, 2013
Might I Say wrote:
<quoted text>
What many already know is that this board member is not a participant in the city/county fight. I am told wagoner had never met or spoke to wane Rutherford in his life before being appointed. Furthermore I myself being active in politics have never seen him attend political functions. Ask any office holder I'm the county or city if he personally knows wagoner. I am told that W Keith Hall who is from a Phelps stated he knows Wagoner well but hasn't spoken to him in possibly 20 years.
Now does this sound like someone involved in the political fight going on? I suggest it sounds to me like someone that has not followed the direction of political pressure. And just might have discovered some shady things going on at the airport.
Everybody knows this fight is between the Mayor and the Judge Exec, it matters not that this guy got caught in the crossfire. Your post is off the point, the fight is not over the board member he is just a pawn in the chess game between the Judge and the Mayor. They have been going after each other since the Judge lost control of the Air Board, Air Port and more importantly the Air Service Contract.
He didn't get credit for it and can't put his name on it and has been throwing a tantrum ever since. Now the mayor see's an opportunity for a little payback. It is just a big dumb fight between old political hacks, buttin heads like big horn sheep and each trying to be a big fish is a small pond.
Might I Say

Louisville, KY

#21 Nov 10, 2013
Primadonna Prom Queens wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody knows this fight is between the Mayor and the Judge Exec, it matters not that this guy got caught in the crossfire. Your post is off the point, the fight is not over the board member he is just a pawn in the chess game between the Judge and the Mayor. They have been going after each other since the Judge lost control of the Air Board, Air Port and more importantly the Air Service Contract.
He didn't get credit for it and can't put his name on it and has been throwing a tantrum ever since. Now the mayor see's an opportunity for a little payback. It is just a big dumb fight between old political hacks, buttin heads like big horn sheep and each trying to be a big fish is a small pond.
There is a problem with your theory. I am told this member has exposed serious issues at the airport that has created an investigation by multiple Federal agencies. If so I suspect that is the mayors issues.
Primadonna Prom Queens

Richmond, KY

#22 Nov 10, 2013
Might I Say wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a problem with your theory. I am told this member has exposed serious issues at the airport that has created an investigation by multiple Federal agencies. If so I suspect that is the mayors issues.
Judge Exec acting like a jilted drama queen teenager that didn't get invited to the prom. Mayor acting like he is the captain of the football team and he likes the spotlight and the attention. Neither one are going to share their toys or get a big happy face for working and playing well together.

They keep these juvenile feuds going to the detriment of the city and the county. We need some people working together right now not setting up separate political camps and playing gotcha all the time. Makes for good gossip and drama, especially for that rag paper down at Pikeville but the tax payers are getting screwed over by this school yard squabble.

With one large faction working to kill the Air Service it is guaranteed to fail. It would stand a better chance of making it and doing what it is supposed to do to support the local economy if the fiscal court does not work 24/7 to kill it. The city should know better than to get into this tit for tat tactics and quit poking the judge exec with a sharp stick. The only solution as I see it is to get rid of the two main parties, for the sake of the city and the county. Their damn silly feud is not very conducive to saving this economy and they are poisoning the political atmosphere so bad no one will be able to do anything in Pike County. Every other elected official in Pike County should tell them to take their silly feud elsewhere or get out of office. The voters should help both of them out of office if they don't.
Might I Say

Macon, GA

#23 Nov 10, 2013
I do agree a change of leadership of both would benefit the area.
Actions Speak Louder

Manchester, KY

#24 Nov 10, 2013
thttp://www.kentucky.com/2010/ 07/02/1332137/pikeville-mayor- accused-of-slugging.html

This is how people are treated that dare not follow the lead of those in power.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are husbands so hateful to thier wives (Jul '11) 26 min just mebac 74
Anyone know George Deskins that lived in Florid... 2 hr Butch 1
How did she pass? 2 hr Old friend 1
ANE Mum on Senator Ray Jones 3 hr Ahillarydeportable 48
tiffany Chaney 3 hr tiffany fan 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Searching for him 166,390
Keith Justice for Pike Co. sheriff (Oct '09) 3 hr Whoelse 84

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages