Benefits fairs in Prestonsburg, Pikev...

Benefits fairs in Prestonsburg, Pikeville target laidoff miners

There are 1 comment on the Floyd County Times story from Aug 24, 2012, titled Benefits fairs in Prestonsburg, Pikeville target laidoff miners. In it, Floyd County Times reports that:

Victims of this year's mass layoffs in coal, manufacturing and other top Eastern Kentucky industries will have the chance to connect with expert help to navigate the unemployment insurance system, get mortgage and tax assistance, and train for new careers at two upcoming Eastern Kentucky Assistance Benefits Fairs coming to Prestonsburg and ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Floyd County Times.

sounds nice

Bellevue, WA

#1 Aug 30, 2012
sounds nice, but it's kind of hard to work a job making close to 30 dollars hourly half your life. then have to train for a job just over minimum wage. i like hearing somebody cares, however we should be having fairs that teach people that voting is important. we wouldn't be in this shape if had better people in office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Broad Bottom UFO 5 min tigger 2
I Believe I Can Fly--A Song for Appalachian Air... (Oct '14) 15 min Touch The Sky 30
gina cantrell 29 min ThatOneGuy 6
BuyRed Bull with Food Stamps? (Oct '09) 37 min Jason brown 269
Mosque Prestonsburg 55 min Who Dey 4
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr Republicans Suck 29,861
Waylon Mollet 1 hr Loolo 6
Why is the Distillery Sitting Idle 2 hr Paris Cowboy 193
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages