curious

Pikeville, KY

#1 Jan 18, 2013
Does anyone know what neighborhood the stalker on the news is in? I hope he gets caught before someone gets hurt.
DoWhat

Pikeville, KY

#2 Jan 18, 2013
Never heard of it. If you saw it on the news, didn't they say where?
curious

Pikeville, KY

#3 Jan 18, 2013
All they said was Pike Co. It was on WYMT.
quiet respect

Thelma, KY

#4 Jan 18, 2013
curious wrote:
Does anyone know what neighborhood the stalker on the news is in? I hope he gets caught before someone gets hurt.
ww.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/Authorities-l...

I don't think that the woman he is stalking wants him to know what neighborhood she lives in.
quiet respect

Thelma, KY

#5 Jan 18, 2013
Here is the story:

PIKEVILLE, Ky (WYMT)- A Lexington man has been indicted in Pike County one 1st degree stalking charges, and officials tell us this is not the first time he has been charged with the crime.

Harry Martin Chapman is a man Pike County officials say they need to find as soon as possible.

"According to our newest indictment, he is terrorizing this woman, and the stalking of her has begun since December of last year, so for about 60 days," said Pike County Commonwealth's Attorney Rick Bartley.

But, this is not the first time Chapman has been charged with stalking this same victim.

"Even though he has been convicted two times of stalking her, even though he has been to prison over it, he just will not leave her alone," said Bartley.

Commonwealth's Attorney Rick Bartley says there is one problem, though.

"We have no idea where he is, he is not under parole supervision, not under probation, so he could be outside at this time or close to this woman's house. So it's a very scary situation," said Bartley.

Bartley says Chapman was sentenced to 11 years in prison in 2008 on a combination of charges, but he got out early last year, and he says it wasn't long before the stalking started again.

"One time recently she had the state police there at her home when he called and said he was on the Mountain Parkway on his way to Pike County to kill her. And luckily he turned around once he was told the police were there, but he said he would come back," said Bartley.

Bartley hopes if they catch him he will get a longer sentence.

"We can't lock him up the rest of his life, but with these new charges he is looking at a 20 year prison sentence. So if we can get him in custody, get him convicted, then maybe we can give her some relief for a longer period of time," said Bartley.

He says the victim is trying to disguise her location, but he says the only protection for this woman is for Chapman to be behind bars.

Bartley says the victim and the alleged stalker used to have a relationship many years ago.

If you know where Chapman is, you should call police.
curious

Pikeville, KY

#7 Jan 18, 2013
I would bet he already knows where she lives. How else would she know he was stalking her again. For the public to help, it would help to know about where to look.
REALLY

Elkhorn City, KY

#8 Jan 18, 2013
People this is a joke.
powder and lead

Louisa, KY

#9 Jan 18, 2013
I disagree with Rick Bartley on many things, and I also disagree with him again. He says the only solution is to put this animal behind bars. He is %100 wrong. He already HAS been behind bars, and let out without serving 1/2 of his sentence. Now, he is free and stalking the same victim. Didn't see that one coming. The only thing that will stop this stalker, and protect this woman, is to train her and her family/friends to use a lethal weapon, and actually use it if he violates the restraining order. Then, see if a Pike County grand jury will indict for that community, and state wide service. No they won't. Protect yourself. The law will not.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#10 Jan 19, 2013
powder and lead wrote:
I disagree with Rick Bartley on many things, and I also disagree with him again. He says the only solution is to put this animal behind bars. He is %100 wrong. He already HAS been behind bars, and let out without serving 1/2 of his sentence. Now, he is free and stalking the same victim. Didn't see that one coming. The only thing that will stop this stalker, and protect this woman, is to train her and her family/friends to use a lethal weapon, and actually use it if he violates the restraining order. Then, see if a Pike County grand jury will indict for that community, and state wide service. No they won't. Protect yourself. The law will not.
Same attitude that I've always had. If you want something done, you gotta do it yourself. If he called me telling me that he was coming to kill me, I'd be ready for him.
Hmmm

Pikeville, KY

#11 Jan 19, 2013
quiet respect wrote:
<quoted text>
ww.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/Authorities-l...
I don't think that the woman he is stalking wants him to know what neighborhood she lives in.
If he is stalking her I think he would already know.
Hmmm

Pikeville, KY

#12 Jan 19, 2013
quiet respect wrote:
Here is the story:
PIKEVILLE, Ky (WYMT)- A Lexington man has been indicted in Pike County one 1st degree stalking charges, and officials tell us this is not the first time he has been charged with the crime.
Harry Martin Chapman is a man Pike County officials say they need to find as soon as possible.
"According to our newest indictment, he is terrorizing this woman, and the stalking of her has begun since December of last year, so for about 60 days," said Pike County Commonwealth's Attorney Rick Bartley.
But, this is not the first time Chapman has been charged with stalking this same victim.
"Even though he has been convicted two times of stalking her, even though he has been to prison over it, he just will not leave her alone," said Bartley.
Commonwealth's Attorney Rick Bartley says there is one problem, though.
"We have no idea where he is, he is not under parole supervision, not under probation, so he could be outside at this time or close to this woman's house. So it's a very scary situation," said Bartley.
Bartley says Chapman was sentenced to 11 years in prison in 2008 on a combination of charges, but he got out early last year, and he says it wasn't long before the stalking started again.
"One time recently she had the state police there at her home when he called and said he was on the Mountain Parkway on his way to Pike County to kill her. And luckily he turned around once he was told the police were there, but he said he would come back," said Bartley.
Bartley hopes if they catch him he will get a longer sentence.
"We can't lock him up the rest of his life, but with these new charges he is looking at a 20 year prison sentence. So if we can get him in custody, get him convicted, then maybe we can give her some relief for a longer period of time," said Bartley.
He says the victim is trying to disguise her location, but he says the only protection for this woman is for Chapman to be behind bars.
Bartley says the victim and the alleged stalker used to have a relationship many years ago.
If you know where Chapman is, you should call police.
If they can't find him then it seems to me he has fled which means he is no longer stalking if he ever was. Story doesn't make much sense to me.
crazy

Richmond, KY

#13 Jan 19, 2013
All I got to say about this sitution is its Crazy. For one reason the man should never have been let out early and even though it did happen he should have at the very least been on some sort of supervision. Not just let free and clear w/out even serving 1/2 of his sentence. Whats wrong w/ the justice system. Now when they do catch him they will take him to trial, sentence him, then set him free.
tigger

United States

#14 Jan 19, 2013
road_rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Same attitude that I've always had. If you want something done, you gotta do it yourself. If he called me telling me that he was coming to kill me, I'd be ready for him.
absolutely. Ihad a stalker a few years ago. Creep stakled me at work then followed me home. I told him face to face if u ever come near me again I will shoot u. He got the hint. You have to be so cautious as to being nice to anyone .
quiet respect

Thelma, KY

#15 Jan 19, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
If he is stalking her I think he would already know.
She has probably moved to avoid him.
curious

Pikeville, KY

#16 Jan 19, 2013
I re-read the story and it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. I also doubt if she has moved, being that he came back here. Was she having contact with him while he was locked up? Something isn't right. He could be her ex and she's mad at him, we(the public), just don't really know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Don Barros Serrano 148,988
expo another epic fail 22 min Basketball Gym 10
Airport budget 38 min Stinks Stinks Stinks 12
summiarm cantrell (Oct '15) 39 min Private investiga... 6
Airport mobile home 44 min Im a Pilot 79
Word Association (Aug '11) 51 min Darktainium 6,810
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 53 min Darktainium 25,499
Island Creek shooting 11 hr legal eagle 142

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages