Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 169982 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#137526 Oct 15, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Bull snot!
200+ bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk (or in his trash can) waiting for a senate vote...
No! Obummer has his pen, and his phone to take action, and ONLY calls on the house
on things he don't WANT to do....
He won't even call Mexico to get our Marine back, but will trade 5 Taliban leaders
for a deserter, which we've not heard the report from the DOD...
Spending countless taxpayer dollars in his democrappic fundraising, vacations, and golf games!
Even Bush stopped playing Golf when the "Optics" would have looked bad...
Hut off a head, and Obummer can't wait to hit the links!
Bush would have shut down travel from ebola ridden countries, and sent those troops
to the places where people are getting their heads chopped off for being people!
That's OK... I understand you liberals would have let the Jews die in Germany too!
$17 TRILLION in debt... don't try to tell me that Obummer was good for this nation... you lose!
Good day!
One of the main reasons you have Obama as president right now is because, he gave healthcare to those who could not afford it. Yeah, I'm sure the rich republicans are pissed because it messed up their insurance coverage, and that their insurance is not accepted everywhere anymore. Have you ever had to go to the ER because you couldn't afford to go to the doctor? What about not being able to afford medication? Or, what if you don't have a good paying job that gives you health care benefits, or are not a veteran with VA benefits, then you "WERE" screwed. There are a whole lot more poor people than there are rich. And those poor people are tired of the good old boys club. I was a republican for years. Until I couldn't get work, healthcare, medication, afford food, etc. I am a male, so I couldn't have 10 kids and retire as a welfare millionaire. The system was set up so that the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. Now we are all in the same boat. Now the ôRepublican / Tea Party members, get to experience some of the same crap the rest of us have had to go through for years. Having screwed up health care, or no healthcare at all. A declining job market that, started before Obama. A government that, would rather fight among each other, IE the Republicans and Democrats, rather than work together to help "THE PEOPLE". That is why you have the President you have now. Not because he's black. But because he wanted to change everything from the way it had been. Had Republicans reached out to help the working poor / me, so that I could prosper in life rather than scrape by "Barely" then I would not have jumped ship. It's called self-preservation. You did this to yourselves. And if Republican Eric Cantors, HUGE Primary Loss to a relatively unknown Tea Party member isn't a message to Republicans, I don't know what is. There are about to be a lot of changes about to happen in the next couple of years. People are tired of the stalemates in congress, and the lack of progress. The same old CRAP! If you do what you have always done, then you will get what you always got. That's why strict Conservatives have never progressed. They want the same. They want to live in the past. They have not adapted to a changing environment with changing needs. They have become obsolete. Some have adapted to accept new models and ideas without giving up their fundamental beliefs. The rest are like old rusting cars in a field. People just wish that they would rust away, be towed away or something. They may have been good cars in their time, but now times have changed. Clinging to that desperate thought that, maybe one day they will pull that car out of the field and fix it up. But still it sits there year after year, just getting in worse shape, eventually, beyond repair. This is what extreme Conservatism and hard line Republicans and Democrats have done to the system and to us.
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#137527 Oct 15, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>One of the main reasons you have Obama as president right now is because, he gave healthcare to those who could not afford it. Yeah, I'm sure the rich republicans are pissed because it messed up their insurance coverage, and that their insurance is not accepted everywhere anymore. Have you ever had to go to the ER because you couldn't afford to go to the doctor? What about not being able to afford medication? Or, what if you don't have a good paying job that gives you health care benefits, or are not a veteran with VA benefits, then you "WERE" screwed. There are a whole lot more poor people than there are rich. And those poor people are tired of the good old boys club. I was a republican for years. Until I couldn't get work, healthcare, medication, afford food, etc. I am a male, so I couldn't have 10 kids and retire as a welfare millionaire. The system was set up so that the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. Now we are all in the same boat. Now the ôRepublican / Tea Party members, get to experience some of the same crap the rest of us have had to go through for years. Having screwed up health care, or no healthcare at all. A declining job market that, started before Obama. A government that, would rather fight among each other, IE the Republicans and Democrats, rather than work together to help "THE PEOPLE". That is why you have the President you have now. Not because he's black. But because he wanted to change everything from the way it had been. Had Republicans reached out to help the working poor / me, so that I could prosper in life rather than scrape by "Barely" then I would not have jumped ship. It's called self-preservation. You did this to yourselves. And if Republican Eric Cantors, HUGE Primary Loss to a relatively unknown Tea Party member isn't a message to Republicans, I don't know what is. There are about to be a lot of changes about to happen in the next couple of years. People are tired of the stalemates in congress, and the lack of progress. The same old CRAP! If you do what you have always done, then you will get what you always got. That's why strict Conservatives have never progressed. They want the same. They want to live in the past. They have not adapted to a changing environment with changing needs. They have become obsolete. Some have adapted to accept new models and ideas without giving up their fundamental beliefs. The rest are like old rusting cars in a field. People just wish that they would rust away, be towed away or something. They may have been good cars in their time, but now times have changed. Clinging to that desperate thought that, maybe one day they will pull that car out of the field and fix it up. But still it sits there year after year, just getting in worse shape, eventually, beyond repair. This is what extreme Conservatism and hard line Republicans and Democrats have done to the system and to us.
Sorry about the double post. There was about a 9 minute delay between sending it until, the time it actually appeared on Topix, so I thought it didn't go through. Weird.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137528 Oct 16, 2014
Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize Patrick Henry was gay, don't you?
You must be a Liberal... they always get things wrong!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137529 Oct 16, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed to be an Obamaphile. Unlike you, I was skeptical of him in 2008. I merely said that he wasn't and couldn't be responsible for the practices prior to the 2007 fiscal meltdown (that has cost us $17 trillion dollars, as you point out) and named a couple things that were.. You seem to have some real issues with rabid dog syndrome there, pal. Maybe you should go pray for healing over a Bible or something.
Now see....
If you had watched "FOX" News... you'd know it was the Liberal Democraps that made the housing market bust by lowering restrictions for home loans, and letting people with no hope of repayment have them... Yep! It started long before Obummer.... It started when we stopped teaching children RIGHT from WRONG!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137530 Oct 16, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>One of the main reasons you have Obama for a president right now is because, he gave healthcare to those who could not afford it. Yeah, I'm sure the rich republicans are pissed because it messed up their insurance coverage, and that their insurance is not accepted everywhere anymore. Have you ever had to go to the ER because you couldn't afford to go to the doctor? What about not being able to afford medication? Or, what if you don't have a good paying job that gives you health care benefits, or are not a veteran with VA benefits, then you "WERE" screwed. There are a whole lot more poor people than there are rich. And those poor people are tired of the good old boys club. I was a republican for years. Until I couldn't get work, healthcare, medication, afford food, etc. I am a male, so I couldn't have 10 kids and retire as a welfare millionaire. The system was set up so that the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. Now we are all in the same boat. Now the ôRepublican / Tea Party members, get to experience some of the same crap the rest of us have had to go through for years. Having screwed up health care, or no healthcare at all. A declining job market that, started before Obama. A government that, would rather fight among each other, IE the Republicans and Democrats, rather than work together to help "THE PEOPLE". That is why you have the President you have now. Not because he's black. But because he wanted to change everything from the way it had been. Had Republicans reached out to help the working poor / me, so that I could prosper in life rather than scrape by "Barely" then I would not have jumped ship. It's called self-preservation. You did this to yourselves. And if Republican Eric Cantors, HUGE Primary Loss to a relatively unknown Tea Party member isn't a message to Republicans, I don't know what is. There are about to be a lot of changes about to happen in the next couple of years. People are tired of the stalemates in congress, and the lack of progress. The same old CRAP! If you do what you have always done, then you will get what you always got. That's why strict Conservatives have never progressed. They want the same. They want to live in the past. They have not adapted to a changing environment with changing needs. They have become obsolete. Some have adapted to accept new models and ideas without giving up their fundamental beliefs. The rest are like old rusting cars in a field. People just wish that they would rust away, be towed away or something. They may have been good cars in their time, but now times have changed. Clinging to that desperate thought that, maybe one day they will pull that car out of the field and fix it up. But still it sits there year after year, just getting in worse shape, eventually, beyond repair. This is what extreme Conservatism and hard line Republicans and Democrats have done to the system and to us.
Oh yes... it is about to change!
I am looking forward to it!:-)
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137531 Oct 16, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes one has to remember that political "correctness" is dependent on a point of view that might change through any number of variables, but that "the devil" is always a mythical figure.
"but that "the devil" is always a mythical figure"
You wish!
Even Jesus talked about him...
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137532 Oct 16, 2014
Revelation 20

20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of
the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is
the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years.
20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and
set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no
more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled; and after
that he must be loosed a little season.
20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was
given to them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded
for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and who
had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had
received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands;
and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#137533 Oct 16, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
If you had watched "FOX" News... you'd know it was the Liberal Democraps that made the housing market bust by lowering restrictions for home loans, and letting people with no hope of repayment have them.
People getting loans they shouldn't have made up only a tiny portion of the housing bubble. EVERYONE was expecting prices to go up and up and up.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#137534 Oct 16, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Now see....
If you had watched "FOX" News... you'd know it was the Liberal Democraps that made the housing market bust by lowering restrictions for home loans, and letting people with no hope of repayment have them... Yep! It started long before Obummer.... It started when we stopped teaching children RIGHT from WRONG!
You believe what you want to believe, but as I've said on many occasions, belief does not make reality - and your Fox sound bites on this matter are still largely intentionally biased inaccuracies and falsehoods choreographed to sell air time by appealing to airheads and conspiracy freaks. We've already been over the industry impact of the G-L-B Act, qualifying restrictions of the CRA, Red Line solvency, the market balloon and corporate lending practices at length twice in the last three years. You didn't pay any attention then and it's a sure bet you wouldn't understand or accept it if I laid it all out for you AGAIN. You have little room to be petulant about learning or practicing right from wrong.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137535 Oct 16, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"but that "the devil" is always a mythical figure"
You wish!
So you say but cannot demonstrate. The fact of the matter is that every word attributed to Jesus was written down after he was dead, and half of what was written he would probably have denied. Even so, Jesus was a product of his time, when ignorance made the Earth the center of a very small "creation" governed by magic, ethereal spirits and mysterious beings. Doubtlessly, he thought the entire disk shaped (chug) Earth had been flooded in 40 days and that a serpent spoke, too. You can protest and boast religious >belief<, but in >reality< those things are myths.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137536 Oct 16, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
People getting loans they shouldn't have made up only a tiny portion of the housing bubble. EVERYONE was expecting prices to go up and up and up.
It was logically obvious they could not. Were it the case that real estate always increases in value (as was touted by realtors and lenders) a 100 year old house would be worth ten times that of a comparable new one. Housing values were artificially inflated and the ruse was not sustainable.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137537 Oct 16, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
Revelation 20
20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of
the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is
the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years.
20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and
set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no
more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled; and after
that he must be loosed a little season.
20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was
given to them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded
for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and who
had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had
received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands;
and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Yeah, I get it already. You are a kindred spirit with John of Psychosis. Give it a rest, YaA
looking to have some fun

Elizabethtown, IN

#137538 Oct 16, 2014
hey there baby

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#137539 Oct 16, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it? My bad. Sometimes YaA warrants an emphatic response. Which part were you uncomfortable with - the "Jesus didn't think punishment is good and neither do I." or the " Bigotry, cruelty and violence is not the answer."?
Good God it's obvious you two arr a couple of pacifist fruit loops. You need to get together somewhere and cuddle.

Location hidden

#137540 Oct 16, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It was more than a tiny percent but you're right it was not that simple. What it basically amounts to is the average human being down to his very core is as stupid as your average monkey. God fucking knows they can't be expected to learn from the great stock market crash and the resulting Great Drpression beginning in 1929, or other such examples from history. But hell it was less than a decade since the big dotcom crash of the late nineties. Yeah most humans are capable of learning one or two things that seem to put us on a higher level than apes but subtract that factor and the average human is so fucking stupid it's actually kind of sad. And given the chance tomorow it would happen again. And again. And again. And again.
gunner

Lexington, KY

#137541 Oct 16, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say but cannot demonstrate. The fact of the matter is that every word attributed to Jesus was written down after he was dead, and half of what was written he would probably have denied. Even so, Jesus was a product of his time, when ignorance made the Earth the center of a very small "creation" governed by magic, ethereal spirits and mysterious beings. Doubtlessly, he thought the entire disk shaped (chug) Earth had been flooded in 40 days and that a serpent spoke, too. You can protest and boast religious >belief<, but in >reality< those things are myths.
so then that must mean air is not real right? Cause can you see air can you catch it? You know its there based off faith same thing with everything in the bible. Its faith based and the devil is real. The best trick the devil achieved was convinced people he didn't exist

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137542 Oct 16, 2014
Athenesword wrote:
<quoted text>
Good God it's obvious you two arr a couple of pacifist fruit loops. You need to get together somewhere and cuddle.
You aren't making any case for your own mental stability there, friend. You like war and violence just for war and violence's sake, or maybe you think $1.2 trillion on the war in Iraq has done wonders for the economy?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137543 Oct 16, 2014
Athenesword wrote:
<quoted text>
It was more than a tiny percent but you're right it was not that simple. What it basically amounts to is the average human being down to his very core is as stupid as your average monkey. God fucking knows they can't be expected to learn from the great stock market crash and the resulting Great Drpression beginning in 1929, or other such examples from history. But hell it was less than a decade since the big dotcom crash of the late nineties. Yeah most humans are capable of learning one or two things that seem to put us on a higher level than apes but subtract that factor and the average human is so fucking stupid it's actually kind of sad. And given the chance tomorow it would happen again. And again. And again. And again.
Then there was the S&L crisis and Enron. Not only do we not learn from our past mistakes, we're "progressively" getting more lenient in doling out consequences to the suits and ties that cause them.

Location hidden

#137544 Oct 16, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"but that "the devil" is always a mythical figure"
You wish!
There probably was a Jesus, but there's no way of knowing for sure what he actually said or done. You're just taking other people's words as written down, but you don't have the ability or credibility to vouch for them, which may have been symbolic statements, half-truths, purposeful misrepresentations, and outright lies. Or just plain wrong, like the guy who called Cyrenus the governor of Syria when Christ was born even though he didn't become Governor of Syria until many years after Christ's birth. You can believe what you want but don't expect to use statements of faith in a debate and expect anybody to take you seriously.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137545 Oct 16, 2014
gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
so then that must mean air is not real right? Cause can you see air can you catch it? You know its there based off faith same thing with everything in the bible. Its faith based and the devil is real. The best trick the devil achieved was convinced people he didn't exist
Air is real. You can feel it, you can see how it effects other things, you can "catch" it in a jar and examine its properties with the proper instruments. Elohim, God and Allah only exists within the pages of religious codices. Those stories tell you that your deity is real and that you must believe. A child can have faith that Santa Claus or Big Bird are real because that's what he's been led to believe. I'm sorry to break it to you, but believing what Mrs. Bighair told you in Sunday School doesn't make it so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 5 min Abe 38,556
Pike County Loves President Trump!! 4 hr Mister x 68
where is a good church (Jan '11) 5 hr Sister 14
Fiber optics internet 5 hr Splicer 1
Workers on Hwy 23 5 hr Optics 2
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 6 hr Visitor Bob 26,868
Word Association (Aug '11) 6 hr Visitor Bob 7,840
Dear Ray Jones and Amy 7 hr buddies 10
Keith Faces New Charges 7 hr Foxnews 15
Pike Central Basketball Under Investigation? 9 hr Dry Branch 21