Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143110 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#137433 Oct 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you do not feel intolerance is ok because they are not chopping off heads. Is this your measure of good or bad?
We all judge, no matter what word you use for it. We use what we were taught and our instincts to judge. Christianity teaches harsh judgment of homosexuals. It is a bad teaching. How long are you going to pretend it does not, and it is harmless? Chopping off of heads is not the only form of harm in the world. Sounds as if it is your go to diversion of all Christian wrongs.
I love gay people. Not my job, to judge these people. Myself, I think God has more mercy, than people give him credit for.
I can't judge anybody. I am no better than anyone else.
I met/know many gay people. They are like everyone else.
Just trying to make it another day.
It's a rough world.
Let's not make it any worse, by hating and judging!
My God loves all.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#137434 Oct 10, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, ROFL
Prove I haven't or your best bet is to not comment to me..
Anonymous

Lockport, KY

#137435 Oct 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove I haven't or your best bet is to not comment to me..
Tool, if your best is idle threats at an anonomous post, then you insult yourself while I sit here laughing

Location hidden

#137436 Oct 10, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Tool, if your best is idle threats at an anonomous post, then you insult yourself while I sit here laughing
Hahaha
Yeah, irecknso..
Then you need to stop with your bigoted post and lumping everyone together like you know we haven't read anythang but the Bible..

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#137437 Oct 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read books uncounted fool..
You mean you never made it past page one?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#137438 Oct 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> By "gauging" ,I mean the usual sizing up human beings do when they meet other human beings. How do you form your opinions of people that you've just meet?
I also size them up, I just do not try to disguise this as less than judging.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#137439 Oct 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Intolerance is one thing, chopping heads off, is a bit more extreme.
I know some secular humanists tend to judge Christians before they even meet them.
Could be, that's intolerant as well.
Judging is not intolerance. Even if someone judges harshly does not mean does not tolerate what he does or is. Maybe you should look up the definitions to these words.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#137440 Oct 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Why hello there. The legendary ChromiuMan.
I'm sure you're quite derisive of that. I, myself, favor the teaching of hard science in schools.
Religion, if someone desires that, can be taught at home, or a religious institution.
How a person reconciles their religious beliefs, with modern science, is up to them.
Don't you think?
"Hard sciences"? So leave out more than fifty percent of known science?
You see, this is why atheists have problems with theists.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#137441 Oct 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Progress, not perfection! I actually didn't think you were into withholding your opinion on religion!
Seriously, as long as there are people screaming "you're gonna burn in hell", it destroys any chance at dialog.
You may have noticed, many churches actually perform gay marriages now,I don't think you can say Christianity is static.
What do you think?
If religion stopped being bigoted, they would still have a long way to perfection. Why are your standard so low?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#137442 Oct 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
I've known people who are atheists, who are biased against gays, as well. Bias isn't limited to Christians.
Maybe so, but what does that have to do with Christianity pushing bigotry?
I think the percentages of Christians being biased towards homosexuals would make atheists look pretty good. I personally know of no atheists bigoted towards homosexuals, but I can imagine a few exist.
Why are you scared to address the questions head on? Why divert every time?

Location hidden

#137443 Oct 10, 2014
Athenesword wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you never made it past page one?
I actually enjoy reading, it's a great way of discovery. I read a lot online. google is my friend.
BRAIN STORM

Vine Grove, KY

#137444 Oct 10, 2014
Why someone would think it Bigotry, because someone does not condone Homosexual acts? Why would someone say that they love Gay people when they obviously do not know "all" Gay people? People can like and accept Gay people and their lifestyles, or love specific people, it does not mean they are bigoted it they donít like what all homosexuality that truly entails. Once you get past the happy feelings, acceptance and meaningful relationships there obviously comes a time when intimacy takes place. Iím sure a lot of men, Christians, Atheist's, or not, just do not like the thought of a Penis being inserted into their rectum. And a lot of females do not like the idea of another woman exploring all of her essence. That does not make them Bigots, because these acts repulse them. I know several Gay people; I have had friends who are Gay. I even have Gay family members; they are just regular people to me. I suppose itís all good, it doesnít bother me one way or the other. If thatís their thing then hey, go for it. I think if you are going to talk about this, then you need to take all things into consideration, as to why people may not like homosexuals. It's not just Christians who feel that way.
BRAIN STORM

Vine Grove, KY

#137445 Oct 10, 2014
Why "would" someone

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#137446 Oct 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Why hello there. The legendary ChromiuMan.
I'm sure you're quite derisive of that. I, myself, favor the teaching of hard science in schools.
Religion, if someone desires that, can be taught at home, or a religious institution.
How a person reconciles their religious beliefs, with modern science, is up to them.
Don't you think?
Legendary in my own mind, perhaps. I agree that hard science >is to be< taught in public schools, should be taught in private schools and further, that it should not be ignored by either church or government. Such is not always the case. There are those who reconcile their religion to the modern world with scimitars and IEDs. That doesn't meet my approval, no.

According to some, your question for me is less rhetorical than incredulous.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#137447 Oct 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us do apply reason to the theoretical concept of sin and punishment by "gods", by being the bigot that you are, only shows how obtuse and ignorant you really are..
There is way more to it than just the Biblical writings, that is some of the Christians faults for not being open minded and realizing that. The Bible, NT mostly, is written by Roman hands, they are not saying that there isn't more to Jesus than what they wrote, what they ARE saying is that their word about Jesus is final. You either take their word as the final word, or die, which countless numbers did, not because they lied or were heretics, but simply because they knew the truth and would NOT accept Roman word as the Authoritative word of Christ. You should really think before you post bigoted BS!
pusherman, Peace..
How do you apply reason to the theoretical concept of sin and punishment by "gods"?
ChildofGod

Mount Sterling, KY

#137449 Oct 10, 2014
this shouldn't even be a discussion. federal and state do not belong in religion or schools, unless parents agree 100%, our tax money must go to schools that we choose to send our kids to...our money should educate our children not indoctrinate our children to what our government wants..my tax dollars should go to private schools..and i am a child of God -not a religion

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137450 Oct 11, 2014
ChildofGod wrote:
this shouldn't even be a discussion. federal and state do not belong in religion or schools, unless parents agree 100%, our tax money must go to schools that we choose to send our kids to...our money should educate our children not indoctrinate our children to what our government wants..my tax dollars should go to private schools..and i am a child of God -not a religion
Is this one of yours, YaA? I really hope you haven't fallen off the wagon.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137451 Oct 11, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
Why someone would think it Bigotry, because someone does not condone Homosexual acts? Why would someone say that they love Gay people when they obviously do not know "all" Gay people? People can like and accept Gay people and their lifestyles, or love specific people, it does not mean they are bigoted it they donít like what all homosexuality that truly entails. Once you get past the happy feelings, acceptance and meaningful relationships there obviously comes a time when intimacy takes place. Iím sure a lot of men, Christians, Atheist's, or not, just do not like the thought of a Penis being inserted into their rectum. And a lot of females do not like the idea of another woman exploring all of her essence. That does not make them Bigots, because these acts repulse them. I know several Gay people; I have had friends who are Gay. I even have Gay family members; they are just regular people to me. I suppose itís all good, it doesnít bother me one way or the other. If thatís their thing then hey, go for it. I think if you are going to talk about this, then you need to take all things into consideration, as to why people may not like homosexuals. It's not just Christians who feel that way.
You are correct, it is not just Christians who are bigots in any of a thousand issues. Strictly speaking, everyone with an opinion is a bigot at one time or another - I know I am. I recognize it and I freely admit it not by pride, but for awareness. It doesn't help your case when it's >exclusively< Christians who picket with "GOD HATES FAQS" signs.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137452 Oct 11, 2014
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you apply reason to the theoretical concept of sin and punishment by "gods"?
What on Earth is the "theoretical concept of sin and punishment?" There is no bit or mote of grounds, datum or evidence for any such "theory" or even a hypothesis. Do you think he meant theosophical?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#137453 Oct 11, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
first of all, are you so naive that you think a woman would enjoy a male assaulting her? and it is probably an assault far more times than anyone would want to admit. even among married persons.
second, a woman's essence is not her body or any part of her body. her essence is her intellectual and emotional self. otherwise physically she is mostly like other women.
what you do not get is that much of what passes for sexual relationship is laced with dominance, conflict, violence, disrespect, coercion, deception, and all of that is disgusting. merely being bored without being hurt or feeling disrespected or unloved is the fate of many women with men in a sexual relationship. and some women who think they have it good, are being fooled and/or are fooling themselves.
I recommend Harlequin
Eclipse romance novels - where the lady gets involved with a mystical feeling. There are only a few of them published, probably not graphic enough for brainwashed women who want a technical how to guide phrased in cliches. Even the Harlequin Regencies are too graphic and not funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jenny Wiley 9 min Read Up 3
Barry Chaney said 16 min What About Carter 20
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 35 min uncle tom 29,016
W. Keith Hall News (Dec '14) 1 hr Amy 278
UMG Open Your Books - You Paid for Stripper Ad (May '14) 2 hr Moving Forward Wi... 14
Donald trump, is a awesome American . 2 hr Embarassing American 123
Vote Ray Out 2 hr What Now 216
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages