Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 153723 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#131127 May 21, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, you do realize that that location was not always a tall mountain, right? It has grown over the course of hundreds of millions of years as the Indian subcontinent has run into Asia.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...duh encyclerpedias called...they said they have ALL that type thing COVERED already...(and have for decades now.)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#131128 May 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...duh encyclerpedias called...they said they have ALL that type thing COVERED already...(and have for decades now.)
Well then you'd realize that marine fossils on Everest aren't evidence of a global flood.

So were you being dishonest in that post, or are you being dishonest in this one?
SistaNobeYa

Twinsburg, OH

#131129 May 21, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then you'd realize that marine fossils on Everest aren't evidence of a global flood.
So were you being dishonest in that post, or are you being dishonest in this one?
What part is it that you do not comprehend-even Science acknowledges, the WHOLE world was indeed, covered with water.

The opinions on timelines just vary.

Enjoy your box of narrow and closed mindedness, and denial.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#131130 May 21, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You can pin any label you want on atheism , fact is ,as you know,that even the IRS has concluded that atheism is a religion.
I do not have access to however many atheists believe as their leaders do, however, when I google incest,beastiality and necrophelia I always find that atheist posters are the ones in support of those immoral activities...Found some on this forum who condone father /daughter sex as long as it is consensual. That most incest occurs between the ages of 7 and 17 does not seem to bother them...
Mowie po polsku y tambien se habla el Espanol, Sancho Panza y canto de Zangano....
I don't "paint any label you want" on atheism. That is just one point where we differ. Not believing in a deity or the worship of said deity is the same as checking the box "none" under religion.
Google: Incest: 23.4 M hits. Bestiality: 3.8 M hits. Beastiality:2.5 M hits. Necrophilia:.58 M hits.
That you cherry pick your Google results to confirm your bias comes as no surprise. If you've found atheists who condone incest, bestiality or necrophilia here or elsewhere, rest assure that I do not and I don't in any way regard one or two opinions you've painstakingly located to be indicative of widespread approval or some notion that is is of atheistic "official" practice. I perceive that it is of no matter to you how philosophical or hypothetical those individuals' comments likely were - and the practice of your intentionally distorting the evidence to advance a generalized and erroneous conclusion is noted - again.
I have always held that minors cannot engage in consensual sex because they are neither of legal age to make that decision nor emotionally mature enough to understand that decision. Even if a father and daughter are of legal age, I believe there are seriously abnormal emotional and/or mental conditions that would have to have been established before such a tryst - and I'm intolerant of the long term child abuse that would be required to establish that sort of familial/sexual relationship. I would propose that barnyard sex is much more prevalent among good church going Bible belt boys than you choose to acknowledge. I would even bet that it represents the majority of bestiality in this country. God or no god, an act of necrophilia is clearly indicative of an unbalanced mind.
Shall we next talk about cults and their predatory sexual and misogynistic practices, or is religion still your sacred cow?
SistaNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#131131 May 21, 2014
And for those that live in the REAL world-

http://www.today.com/slideshow/today/inside-t...

Nice article.

Location hidden

#131132 May 21, 2014
SistaNobeYa wrote:
<quoted text>
What part is it that you do not comprehend-even Science acknowledges, the WHOLE world was indeed, covered with water.
Find a scientific source that says that.
SistaNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#131133 May 21, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Find a scientific source that says that.
Find one YOURSELF, you ignorant moron.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#131134 May 21, 2014
karl wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious does not have any serious issues.He is a figment of my imagination.
However,it is atheists who brought up the malevolent issue of consensual incest. I am merely pointing out how misguided they are in their selfish attempts to justify the unjustifiable...
Seems to me you agree with their philosophy on incest
I didn't see the first post that brought up the subject, but >actually< the statements and actions of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young and the doctrines derived from the BSOM brought up the topic of incest over a hundred years ago, didn't they? The LDS are the ones who say that you can marry your sister in the afterlife and have even conducted "sealing ceremonies" (marriage) between living siblings. Are you now claiming that do whut is an atheist?

Location hidden

#131135 May 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Find one YOURSELF, you ignorant moron.
Awww, can't find any support for your lie?

Concession accepted.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#131136 May 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the circumstances surrounding that particular crosses nature and existence, it is with out a doubt, a very applicable, integral part of 9/11, and has an UNquestionable place displayed along with ALL the OTHER historically RELEVANT artifacts on display with in the museum, EACH with their OWN stories that speak to the history of, unless one is a biased BIGOT, and hypocrite Against the REAL truth of it all, Duquette.
1.5 million tons of debris were integral parts of the WTC and historically relevant. The odds that among them would be some scraps that resemble a religious symbol as simple as a crucifix is in no way remarkable.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#131137 May 21, 2014
karl wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again , making unsubstantiated statements...I have many faults ,hatred nor bigotry
are not 2 of them...
Seems that you atheists get very defensive when your dirty linen is made public.
The mental maladies that I have mentioned atr not figments of my imagination, they are the conclusions reached by Independent studies and attested by one of your atheist leaders.
You atheists love to attack the beliefs of those who believe in God,when you come under attack for your beliefs and those of your leaders you all tend to whine a lot and then expect a pity party to soothe your feelings. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.
Of course hatred and bigotry are among your faults - along with denial, abuse of others and falsifying conclusions. You recognize none of your own faults, but I wouldn't expect a sociopath would.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#131138 May 21, 2014
SistaNobeYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The opinions on timelines just vary.
Enjoy your box of narrow and closed mindedness, and denial.
Your stupid is showing.
The only whole world covered with water event I can think of is the Snowball Earth hypothesis. What's several hundred million years compared to the age of the Bible?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#131139 May 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The artifact BELONGS there...the only ones that wish to deny that crosses Rightful place on display in the museum, are those who cannot face the TRUTH...that Anything EXTREME, with out Conscience, Logic, totally self serving, with out regard for OTHERS, depraved in nature--are a danger to any society.
The exhibition of the Christian symbol is totally self serving, ya nit. It doesn't honor those many who were murdered - it honors one religion.
Muslims, Jews, Hindus and Buddhists also perished in the towers. Where are their Crescent and Star, Star of David, Aum and Wheel of Life artifacts displayed?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#131140 May 21, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,what have we here, another lie in defense of your faith..........
Any faith that has to be defended by lies is not a faith ,it is a webb of deceit
Says the guys who denies the cross at 9/11 represents Christianity.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131141 May 21, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm outside the box...thank you very much.
Fundie? It this not a derogatory word?
Yes, history, to include the historical and archaeological discoveries in regards to the course subject, creation.
A stretch of one's imagination is the theory of evolution.
Do you know without a doubt that what some scientists have told you regarding there theory of evolution is true? How do you know? Did you complete each experiment and investigate each finding for your own self? If not, then how do you know what they tell you is true? Let me just say, it takes great blind faith to believe in the theory of evolution that is not proven and ignore God's existence, especially since God's handiwork is everywhere.
There is zero evidence of a god, much less any evidence a god created a single thing.

There is abundant evidence of evolution. Much of it requires no experiments. There is simply so many fossils that point the idea of evolution, I cannot deny the theory.

So here you are claiming most every scientist on the planet is stretching their imagination? And I am sure you say that in a non derogatory way? Fundamentalists reject science on a regular basis in order to keep their superstitions. This is one reason I oppose you. You are in a war with science.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131142 May 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the circumstances surrounding that particular crosses nature and existence, it is with out a doubt, a very applicable, integral part of 9/11, and has an UNquestionable place displayed along with ALL the OTHER historically RELEVANT artifacts on display with in the museum, EACH with their OWN stories that speak to the history of, unless one is a biased BIGOT, and hypocrite Against the REAL truth of it all, Duquette.
Well nothing I said disputes this, and nothing you said disputes what I said.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#131143 May 21, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,what have we here, another lie in defense of your faith..........
Any faith that has to be defended by lies is not a faith ,it is a webb of deceit
You summed it up..that's what the bible does for you believers. Book of lies. Keep hiding behind it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131144 May 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd deny any such evidence any way, if it didn't suit YOUR "idea" of how things should be portrayed.
Even SCIENCE realizes Duquette, Mt Everest was once an underwater mountain top...the worlds highest peak, as in the "the whole world WAS indeed, covered with water".
The land that now is at the top of Everest was once the bottom of an ocean. The top of Everest was not under water. There is a huge difference. So sad you cannot understand the difference.
The earth was never covered by water all at once. The claim of the flood as the bible states is absolutely false, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131145 May 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as that goes--let's look at what flows out of Hollywierd these days, and the GARBAGE that 90 percent of that stuff promotes.
What IS your point Duquette? That society should have no "rules or boundries" of DECENCY, or Ethics to ascribe to?
Now That WOULD be pathetic!!
Well of course that is not my point, as it is nothing I said. You just made it up out of thin air.
The bible is not the only source of rules or boundaries So strange how you infer it is..

“See how you are?”

Earth

#131146 May 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd deny any such evidence any way, if it didn't suit YOUR "idea" of how things should be portrayed.
Even SCIENCE realizes Duquette, Mt Everest was once an underwater mountain top...the worlds highest peak, as in the "the whole world WAS indeed, covered with water".
Mount Everest was not an underwater mountain. Ever. 400 million years ago it was sea floor, but the Himalayas were high and dry before they were uplifted into a mountain chain. Everest is almost a hundred miles from the fault that would have marked the early coastline as India approached Asia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 15 min Alex Nicole 8,081
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 28 min democrat 34,050
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr Darktainium 25,901
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 1 hr Trump Winz 3,143
Party ever weekend on second street at the town... 1 hr Rita 1
larry webster 2 hr Future client 1
Vanderbeck Wants More Alcohol Sales 2 hr Lie Detector 77
Bill Hickman and Eddy Coleman 6 hr Not one for all a... 55
FBI Pikeville worst town 18 hr Heroin and pills 80

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages