Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,368

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#131009 May 19, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prophecy is a prediction of the future under divine inspiration...among other definitions.
Many prophecies in the Bible were given years in advance. Many have been fulfilled and many are yet to be fulfilled.
Regarding prophecy see more....http://www.therefiners fire.org/recent_prophecy.htm
The Bible contains no supernaturally fulfilled prophecies, yet does contain prophecies known to be false, like the Prophecy of Tyre. Ezekiel even admitted this prophecy was a failure.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#131010 May 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
More lies for Jesus as you attribute things that neither I nor Yiago actually said.
I can see you chose not to respond to my last post to you. No doubt because I refuted you entirely you choose to ignore it and press on with your lies and strawmen.
Go back and read my last post to you and you ll see my exact words include...
<quoted text>
You're full of hot air and lies.
No wonder you're so desperate.
Now, tell me again about how your god blessed Abe and Sarah's incestuous marriage.
Your attempts to talk out of both sides of your mouth in order to justify your faith by using deceitful tactics condemns you as a hypocrite.
To defend and attempt to condemn incest all in the same breath attests to that fact.
One either condemns it for what it is,seduction and rape of your child and does not attempt
to condone it under certain circumstances in order to fuifill one's selfish and immoral behaviour.
Your personal morals find that behaviour acceptable whereas I do not.
So , at least have the decency not to hide your immoral behaviour behind some ill conceived and contemptible excuse.
NAMBLA uses the same excuses in order to justify abusing children..........
I did respond to your last post, in which you tried to take the heat off your contemptible beliefs and faith..........
Sex with your child is not ICKY . It is a betrayal of the trust your child has on you as a parent and an abuse of a parents power and authority over that child.
To claim anything else is an attempt to justify one's immoral and contemptuous behaviour.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131011 May 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
Yes, but you said the English settlers were fleeing from Catholicism.
England ceased being a Protestant nation a good 70 years before the first settlers arrived in what would become Jamestown.
Regarding the church....http://www.britannia .com/history/reftime.html

Regarding the settlers...http://www2.uncp.ed u/home/canada/work/allam/16071 783/

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#131012 May 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You call that an answer to my questions?

Mike Duquette wrote:

<quoted text>I fail to see how evidence removes the choice of following. Care to elaborate? I keep asking this, and you keep running. The follow up is critical.
Evidence is only proof in the eye of the beholder. I know most Christians have no idea what this means, but it is critical.
You believe you have seen evidence. And you believe that evidence is proof.
So I see no reason the god cannot supply me with evidence I see as proof?
Do you feel there are consequences to your actions with your god? If so, then it contradicts your idea that evidence changes anything.
And nothing here addresses why faith is expected.
You must forget what I say from post to post. I told you that if He showed Himself to all and removed doubt, then the REASON we would follow Him would be altered. He wants us to follow His commandments because we love Him, trust Him and His plan, and because we want to be righteous and progress to become like Him; NOT simply because we are afraid of consequences. He would become only a judge, and not so much our Father anymore. But once you choose to believe in Him and follow Him and forsake sin, you will know Him and doubt of His existence will be a long lost memory.
I know you remember me saying this.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131013 May 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
So when God tells us that the ration of a circle's circumference to its diameter is 3 you're saying that is correct?
I personally am not a scientist...so, if God did say it, it is so.

Please, where did God say this?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#131014 May 19, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You must forget what I say from post to post. I told you that if He showed Himself to all and removed doubt, then the REASON we would follow Him would be altered. He wants us to follow His commandments because we love Him, trust Him and His plan, and because we want to be righteous and progress to become like Him; NOT simply because we are afraid of consequences. He would become only a judge, and not so much our Father anymore. But once you choose to believe in Him and follow Him and forsake sin, you will know Him and doubt of His existence will be a long lost memory.
I know you remember me saying this.
You're contradicting yourself. First you say that uncertainty is necessary. Then you say uncertainty is removed after you believe.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#131015 May 19, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your mother give you enough attention when you were young?
Apparently so, since I don't need an 19th century con artist's cult to prop up my self worth.
Why do you ask? Did you feel a need to steer away from any questions that might arise with a preemptive strike?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131016 May 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
The trouble with biblical *prophecies* is that they are hardly precise and clearly lacking in quality. Time and time again, scientists have predicted the future far more accurately than the addled ramblings of some late Iron Age goat herder.
Scientific predictions aren't just vague generalities. While biblical prophecies at best, can be described as ambiguous failures.
It may appear that way but it is not the case.
Scientific predictions are not 100% correct and God's predictions are. Even if many cannot yet see it.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#131017 May 19, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally am not a scientist...so, if God did say it, it is so.
Please, where did God say this?
Not a scientist? Good grief. Pi is taught in grade school.
"God" said this in reference to Solomon's Sea - or maybe you've never heard of his big bronze bathtub?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131018 May 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
Yeah but a few posts back you were saying that these people were fleeing from Catholicism.
They were fleeing from Protestantism.
Strange how once settled in the Americas, they inflicted their own religious persecution on the natives.
I have provided a timeline link regarding this comment elsewhere that can clarify further.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131019 May 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
Hang on
In the beginning, creation was a giant cloud. The lighter parts became heaven and the heavier parts became ocean.
From the ocean a sprout grew and became a gigantic flower and when it opened, the first god appeared.
The first god created Izanagi and his wife Izanami. Together they thrust a jewel encrusted spear into the ocean and when they pulled it up, out popped the islands of Japan.
Izanagi and Izanami descended to Japan and used it for a base to create the rest of the world.
That must be true and there is evidence of this in the Kojiki
Wow...it's alot

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131020 May 19, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
Everyone has their own life to live and I'm happy for you that yours has worked out to your satisfaction. Aside from that, your interpretation of the Bible (and your church doctrines by extension, presumably) as having no errors or contradictions is a demonstrable error, and denial of that is completely relevant to your emotions just as the Bible being a "trusted" account requires your unreserved emotional investment. Evidence, logic and critical thinking are moot in your case.
True...thanks, God is too great!

It's not my interpretation of the Bible it is God's. I am not in error when I share there are no contradictions in the Bible only perceived contradictions. My emotions are irrelevant, as emotions are not to be relied upon because they can easily be changed or moved. I gave my life to Jesus Christ as a kid and true, alot of the bad teaching had to be weeded out along the way. As well, there was so many knowledge God spoke to my heart and there was no way I could have known such things as a kid. There was never anything spoken to my heart that contradicted God's word, even when I did not yet know it well. God saved my life from many traps and snares...I have seen his hands upon my life throughout. God has always been with me where ever and God is always there for his people. I know God exists without a shadow of doubt.

My logic and critical thinking are very much intact.

It takes alot of effort and denial to put one's faith in a theory. As a kid in elementary school and Darwin's evolution theory was taught, I thought as a kid and wondered why haven't anything evolved since? Why haven't people turned into something else from so called apes, etc? Science points to the existence of God more than the non-existence of God. Scientists cannot answer so many questions about life, our body systems, the earth, space, animals and so much more. Yet, many people prefer to put their faith in science. One cannot see a washing machine or dryer and say it just evolved into what it is today. Looking at both the washer and dryer points to the fact that someone came up with the design. It is the very same with human beings, heaven and earth, if one is truly honest. It is not possible to look at creation and not see the designers hand in it all.

Unless....it is what one chooses to do.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131021 May 19, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
Why? It doesn't have any basis in reality. The only source and body of evidence for creationism is the first few pages of the Pentateuch. If you were honest (LOL!) you'd readily admit that the only reason you >could< want creationism taught in school is to "witness" for your religion.
Creation has more of a basis in reality than the theory of Darwin.
Creation was being taught without preaching or witnessing and I still say it would be a good thing to have it re-admitted back into the classrooms. The is available, along with historical and archaeological information.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#131022 May 19, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>We are already immortal according to most Christians. What good is a God if he cannot protect you from harm. God protected king David, even after he murdered his military commander and so he could screw his soldier wife. God protects murderers is he so chooses. A God that you cannot trust.

I come to realize how militant the LDS was, since reading about LDS members like Cliven Bundy taking up arms against the BLM in Nevada.
Hahaha. That's like saying all Americans are like Honey Boo Boo.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131023 May 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
Which bible are you talking about?
There are a plenty of different bibles out there - here are three of them:
The King James Version with its 67 books
The Catholic Bible with its 73 books
The Eastern Orthodox Bible with a total of 78 books
I am not Catholic nor Eastern Orthodox and have neither of their Bibles.
I read older versions of King James and New Living Translations.

You are very correct, there are many different Bibles. Worse, is that they are being copyrighted and to retain, numerous changes and deletions have taken place. All the more reason for one to study while it is possible, so the changes and deletions are easily spotted.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131024 May 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
The Theory of Evolution has nothing whatsoever to do with creation. However, it represents the best explanation we have for why species change over a period of time.
While your creation fable is just one of many different creation myths.
True, the theory of evolution has nothing to do with creation. The theory is not the best explanation of why species change, it is just one that many prefer. Since the evolution theory is being taught, creation should be taught as well.

Creation is not a fable just because you do not believe it. There is historical and archaeological information available, as well as the Bible.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#131025 May 19, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
True...thanks, God is too great!
It's not my interpretation of the Bible it is God's. I am not in error when I share there are no contradictions in the Bible only perceived contradictions. My emotions are irrelevant, as emotions are not to be relied upon because they can easily be changed or moved. I gave my life to Jesus Christ as a kid and true, alot of the bad teaching had to be weeded out along the way. As well, there was so many knowledge God spoke to my heart and there was no way I could have known such things as a kid. There was never anything spoken to my heart that contradicted God's word, even when I did not yet know it well. God saved my life from many traps and snares...I have seen his hands upon my life throughout. God has always been with me where ever and God is always there for his people. I know God exists without a shadow of doubt.
My logic and critical thinking are very much intact.
It takes alot of effort and denial to put one's faith in a theory. As a kid in elementary school and Darwin's evolution theory was taught, I thought as a kid and wondered why haven't anything evolved since? Why haven't people turned into something else from so called apes, etc? Science points to the existence of God more than the non-existence of God. Scientists cannot answer so many questions about life, our body systems, the earth, space, animals and so much more. Yet, many people prefer to put their faith in science. One cannot see a washing machine or dryer and say it just evolved into what it is today. Looking at both the washer and dryer points to the fact that someone came up with the design. It is the very same with human beings, heaven and earth, if one is truly honest. It is not possible to look at creation and not see the designers hand in it all.
Unless....it is what one chooses to do.
How utterly droll and tiresome religious>>>willful ignorance<<< is. You blame not knowing what evolution is on evolution. You blame the truth about the Bible on others not being mystically endowed with the vision to read what IS .. NOT .. THERE. All you have for evidence is what you feel and what you want to believe. In religion there is no logic, there is no critical thinking, there is nothing at all to it except elaborating on the lies and myths you've been told since birth and trying to hammer poorly "designed" puzzle pieces to fit reality.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131026 May 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
OK try this one.
Does your god ever repent over things that he's done/not done?
Repent to who?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131027 May 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
Mohammed got it spot on when he prophesied his truth.
Constantinople was the largest and most powerful city in Christendom.
Mohammed made a prophecy that it would fall to Islam
He was right.
I am not a Muslim and I am not yet aware of this prophecy.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#131028 May 19, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Creation has more of a basis in reality than the theory of Darwin.
Creation was being taught without preaching or witnessing and I still say it would be a good thing to have it re-admitted back into the classrooms. The is available, along with historical and archaeological information.
I did mention willful ignorance and a complete inability to appy logic among the religious, didn't I? I think I forgot to mention incorrigibly dishonest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 47 min got 21,820
Volvo Plant in Kentucky 56 min Oldoldman 7
Old abandoned schools in/around Pike Co. 1 hr Yep 2
PMC Affairs 1 hr Too funny 49
glasses on medical card (well care) (Mar '13) 1 hr Hmmm 42
Hospital Perks 3 hr time change 9
Shooting 4 hr Cid 4
The May Administration 13 hr Dumb Ass 21
jaunita deskins Tue Yep 26
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:15 am PST

NBC Sports 3:15AM
Marvin Lewis on Andy Dalton: We don't have time to waste on QB competition
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl