Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,079

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#130499 May 12, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but so what? If the crusades would not have happened, it would have taken longer to get to the numbers they tout now? Big deal. It doesn't mean we support the crusades or condone it.
You cannot honestly or objectively make the claim that you would or wouldn't have supported the crusades. You'd have to have been of that society to form this opinion. The fact does remain that you and I are both formed by the cultures and history "behind" us - and that does include how the crusades influenced modern society/Christianity whether you approve of them today or not. The serenity of your personal pacifism is beside the point (unless we sidetrack into Zionism or "bringing democracy" to the middle east?)- and a hundred some-odd years ago it was by no means the watchword of the LDS, either.. The fact does remain that your membership drives are bound to be more successful among those who are already Xtian than in Hindu or Shinto communities which were not affected by the crusades.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#130500 May 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
Why if faith expected?
No one has answered this.
Because god's robot controller blew a fuse when Eve ate an apple.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#130501 May 12, 2014
SistaNoneYor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds JUST like a LOT of your gender.
Why would you even begin to think you see ANY traits, in anyone you don't know.
But I will agree with you that "do as I say, not as I do" is NOT a good leadership trait.
Well if you act differently when not on Topix, then I cannot say. What I know of you is your words here. I judge you based upon your words. Maybe your words are deceptive of how you act, but I doubt that. What you say here is not loving, patient, or any of the things you said were divine.
I read the words of the bible and it does not describe a god that is patient..........

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130502 May 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There is evidence it did not happen, not just a lack of evidence it did happen. You deny the evidence against it.
When evidence came forth proving the idea of a geocentric solar system, many of your religion denied it. They denied it in order to stay in the delusion. You are doing as they did.
Correction, the evidence proved a heliocentric solar system. But even as the evidence was shown, hard believers stayed in denial of the claim.
Galileo was put on house arrest for making the claim even as he had evidence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130503 May 12, 2014
SistaNoneYor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I have some reallly (actually) GOOD ones sometimes.
I hope some of your instincts are good, as you would be a really bad person if they were not, as you sure are not using your rational mind much.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130504 May 12, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you answer the same post twice differently as if it were two different conversations?
Also why do you suppose an answer can only be given that you find acceptable?
Maybe if you stopped running as you are doing here and actually tried to clarify your thoughts, I would accept you are actually answering. But you post over and over again that you answered, and that is it. Well that is just evidence you cannot clarify your ideas, or make them fit logic.
Trying to clarify your posts makes you think. It is one reason I love posting here. It makes me think. I can see by your running, you do not wish to think about your posts. You post and run.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130505 May 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
Why if faith expected?
No one has answered this.
Why is, not why if.
Why is faith expected?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130506 May 12, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't know
I am sure you do not, as you clearly do not wish to think about it for a second.
Thinking is the key, and faith is the enemy of thought.
The 9/11 hijackers ran on faith, not thought.
You just confirmed my accusation more so.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130507 May 12, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, what kind of response are you expecting to get from this?
It likely was intended for you to think. I see it failed to do so.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130508 May 12, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is this one denying? Because of lack of evidence? What type of evidence? What effort has this one made in trying to contact God?
Most humans at one point in their life will wonder why we are here on this earth, and how did we get here. Many ask what is the purpose of life, and wonder if there is more than what they now know. My opinion is because their spirit is eternal, they feel they are a part of something bigger than just what they see in today's world.
Why it must be without evidence goes back to what I said about removing the free will to believe in Him or not if He were to prove to all of us that He exists. He wants us to follow Him because we want to, not because we are afraid of consequences if we don't.
I fail to see how evidence removes the choice of following. Care to elaborate? I keep asking this, and you keep running. The follow up is critical.
Evidence is only proof in the eye of the beholder. I know most Christians have no idea what this means, but it is critical.
You believe you have seen evidence. And you believe that evidence is proof.
So I see no reason the god cannot supply me with evidence I see as proof?
Do you feel there are consequences to your actions with your god? If so, then it contradicts your idea that evidence changes anything.
And nothing here addresses why faith is expected.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130509 May 12, 2014
Basically religion is claiming I must believe these rules, and yet cannot show me the rules were not invented by men. Religion simply claims the rules are of a god, but cannot produce a shred of evidence they are of a god. Yet insist we must have faith they are of a god. Yet they cannot explain why I must have faith they are of a god.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#130510 May 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It likely was intended for you to think. I see it failed to do so.
Apparently, deduction and analysis on his part is only applicable to a) justifying and rationalizing dogma or b) with rare special dispensation and approval from whomever the current bishop is.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#130511 May 12, 2014
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this thread has gone to hell in a bucket.
The bigotry and hatred from some of the fundies in here is palpable.

Nottingham, UK

#130512 May 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone else suspect that curious may have been a little too curious about expanding his mind at one point?
"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together..."
It did cross my mind.

Many believers found their gods because they screwed up in handling the life they have.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised.

Nottingham, UK

#130513 May 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am me, but are you me also?
Yes, it's weird, isn't it?
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#130514 May 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are those Noah references, CINO 70? Remember, the ones you say you've provided and never have? Mind your 9th commandment, now.
I have provided them to you over and over and over.

It is my fault you do not know how to interpret scripture.

Ignorance is bliss they say.
SistaNoneYew

Manchester, KY

#130515 May 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrite,
You've indicated on numerous occasions that the very essence of your economic and sociopolitical partisan beliefs is (your) dog eat dog and (your) might makes right. That is barbaric.
My dogs don't eat dogs, and it's not my "might" that makes anything about me "right".

And that of which you are trying to reference, of your own political and economic philosophies is what I deem as "animal herd pack, lemming mentality"..

Nice try though, Chromolio.
SistaNoneYew

Manchester, KY

#130516 May 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How am I confused? You pulled out the pitchfork on the OT and now you are trying to tone it down a bit. It is still an indictment on the OT.
I suppose you feel if the tone is down a bit, it turns the pitchfork into just a fork?
No matter how you try to spin your comment, it contradicted.
If one is dense, then I suppose one might perceive such your way.
SistaNoneYew

Manchester, KY

#130517 May 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There is evidence it did not happen, not just a lack of evidence it did happen. You deny the evidence against it.
When evidence came forth proving the idea of a geocentric solar system, many of your religion denied it. They denied it in order to stay in the delusion. You are doing as they did.
BS.. the earth has flooding in misc places all the time.

http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/geotime/time.html
SistaNoneYew

Manchester, KY

#130518 May 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you act differently when not on Topix, then I cannot say. What I know of you is your words here. I judge you based upon your words. Maybe your words are deceptive of how you act, but I doubt that. What you say here is not loving, patient, or any of the things you said were divine.
I read the words of the bible and it does not describe a god that is patient..........
Do you always judge others so easily?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Religion Of Peace (Nov '12) 4 min Jobs Lost 7
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min Jobs Lost 5,802
How Did Grimes Get In Senate Race 11 min Jobs Lost 35
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Uncle Tab 154,295
Threat at Pike Central 20 min Amy 9
fault in our stars 47 min ScrubBubble 3
A to Z of Song Titles Posted (Dec '13) 3 hr MUSICK-NESS 682
PMC appoints CEO ' S wife to run the physician ... 6 hr Faithful Ex Employee 34
Valley Elementary Teacher having an affair? 10 hr In The Know 49
old men 12 hr AlZemmekis 8
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
•••