Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 153842 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#131087 May 20, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are dumb, aren't you?
Right from the outset I've used the word "consensual". Do you understand what that word actually means?
Given your constant stream of lies and strawmen arguments, I very much doubt you do.
Child abuse by nature is anything but consensual. Yet you claim that I support child abuse even though I have regularly said any incestuous relationship must be consensual.
You've lost, curious. Only someone who is desperate would continually invent so many strawmen arguments.
You take issue with me because I don't use the same hyperbole-laden rants that characterise your posts while all the time you continually fail to give one reason why the small window of incest I find acceptable is morally wrong.
Neither have you explained why your god blessed the incestuous marriage of Abe and Sarah. Something which I would never do even though you are clearly supportive of their marriage.
n
One can self proclaim himself the winner in order to justify his immoral beliefs.
I know full well that you have mentionrd that incest has to be consensual and protection must be used.
SUPREME BETRAYAL
The majority of incest cases involve children between the ages of 7 - 17
The unique relationship between fathers and daughters can sometimes led to inordinate relationships if there is dysfunction in the family. The incest relationship usually starts very "innocently." Daughters look up to their fathers. They have a deep trust and respect for the man who provides their food and clothing and give them a sense of security
The unique relationship between fathers and daughters can sometimes lead to inordinate relationships if there is dysfunction in the family. The incest relationship usually starts very "innocently." Daughters look up to their fathers. They have a deep trust and respect for the man who provides their food and clothing and give them a sense of security

When a husband and wife is having marital difficulty the husband sometimes turn to the daughter to meet the needs that the wife usually provide. This may begin with cleaning his shoes, ironing his shirts, waking her up late at night to cook for him. She would do it because she "loves her father." This may lead to extended warm embraces and cuddling. Why would a little girl not enjoy such attention, for it is her father? This type of behavior soon intensifies until the love is betrayed when the father crosses the boundary and engages in a sexual activity with his daughter that may include caressing, petting, kissing, making her suck his penis, intercourse etc
Even if this is all done with the daughter's consent,it is obvious that the child is placed in the position that her father ,whom she trusts,would not do anything to harm her,therefore, she consents to such behaviour.
That you are not willing to admit that the father has an incredulously unfair advantage attests to your immorality,which you are attempting to legitimize....
Incest is wrong under any and all conditions.
It does not matter that you are able to fabricate immoral and illconceived excuses to justify your beliefs...
It is obvious that in such cases the father holds power and authority over the child and in the process uses that power,authority and trust in order to seduce her.
The rest of what you posted is merely an effort to channel the topic in another direction.
Again , I would not trust an atheist with my pets, children or those who are deceased.
We know what their leaders stand on those issues Incest, beastiality and necrophelia
Of course this is all permisible under the guise of consent

I am still waiting for an explanation as to how you can morally condone in others something
that you claim makes your skin crawl using the lame excuse that " you are not hardwired for that.......
You are a hypocrite and are attempting to defend the indefensible....

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#131088 May 20, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Kumquat, What the Heck are YOU talking about?
What does your gibberishal response have to do with what I posted?
Your erroneous opinions of my faith are based on your ignorance as an atheist.
No one has brainwashed me to think,that is the mental condition of atheists , not mine.
It is God who has taught me to believe in Him, a simple fact that you fail to understand..
If my faith is screaming at you and you can not bear it, turn the volume down on your hearing aid..........
However , you have a point , I am curious about how atheists can be so mentally deficient
And of course , you failed to defend those of your faith who condone incest , necrophelia , beastiality and unbridled and unreined sex begining at age 10..........
And I understand why you failed to do so, That type of moral behaviour is indefensible to the overwhelming majority of humanity
While you're busy frothing at the mouth over Oregon becoming the latest US state to allow gay marriage consider the sad story of yet another lying and deceitful Christian leader.

"A US pastor has been jailed for six months after trying to sell fake Damien Hirst works to an undercover policeman.

Kevin Sutherland, of the Mosaic Miami Church in Florida, claimed to have five Hirsts, including a trademark spin painting and two of his spot paintings."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-...

Man, you'd have thought that it would be enough with the singer of a Christian heavy metal band to be jailed for plotting to murder his wife.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#131089 May 20, 2014
curious wrote:
The majority of incest cases involve children between the ages of 7 - 17.
You just wasted a whole lot of pixels.

Once again, the best you can do is attribute things to me that I never actually said.

I agree with your statement.. I never said I didn't.

In fact, I stated more than a few times that there was only a small window where incest was morally acceptable.

Yet you continue with your strawmen by claiming I support child abuse.

Better get yourself a dictionary for Christmas and read about what consensual means because going by your screaming rants, it appears that you are of the opinion that child abuse is consensual.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#131090 May 20, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
While you're busy frothing at the mouth over Oregon becoming the latest US state to allow gay marriage consider the sad story of yet another lying and deceitful Christian leader.
"A US pastor has been jailed for six months after trying to sell fake Damien Hirst works to an undercover policeman.
Kevin Sutherland, of the Mosaic Miami Church in Florida, claimed to have five Hirsts, including a trademark spin painting and two of his spot paintings."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-...
Man, you'd have thought that it would be enough with the singer of a Christian heavy metal band to be jailed for plotting to murder his wife.
Since gay marriages are still banned in South Carolina all you need do is drive 7 ,8 hundred miles to Oregon and tie the knot instead of shacking up with Big Bubba....
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#131091 May 20, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, the best you can do is attribute things to me that I never actually said.
In fact, I stated more than a few times that there was only a small window where incest was morally acceptable.
Better get yourself a dictionary for Christmas and read about what consensual means because going by your screaming rants, it appears that you are of the opinion that child abuse is consensual.
I see that you refused and were unable to refute what posted , knowing full well that your insidious defense would convict you..........
You don't have the courage to come out and say it , but youe beliefs speak for themselves.
A father who uses his authority as a father to persuade his daughter to have sex with him
has for all intents and purposes seduced her...
You can come up with more immoral and illconceived excuses in order to justify your beliefs , the fact that you find that type of behaviour makes your skin crawl speaks volumes of your hypocricy ,immorality and perverted behaviour.
That the innocent child will probably be psychologically damaged does not matter to you.
The horrible consequences for the entire family once this behaviour comes to light does not matter to you.What if the daughter were to get pregnant?
Then, you have the unsrupupous audacity to state that you are against child abuse....
Hypocrite does not aptly describe you , Lecherous and degenerate seems more appropriate.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#131092 May 20, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an atheist faith and it's name is atheism; belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
Moreover , as I am sure you already know,it is also a religion according to the rulings of the Supreme Court
"The Supreme Court has said a religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described “secular humanism” as a religion.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2005/08/31895/#DLBF6U6ATLr...
And you are right," there is a far larger bunch of religious notables who have not just spoken hypothetically about immorality, they have intentionally committed it
However, that does not negate the fact that it is atheists who have publicly condoned those immoral behaviours as an acceptable lifestyle
I agree with the court that the penal system could not stand in the way of an atheist study group on any religious grounds without violating the inmates' religious rights. That is not to say that I agree with your conclusions or wnd's snapshot blurb. I also do not have to agree with a court decision - merely abide by it unless and until it is overturned or appealed. Secular humanism is not a religion, it is a philosophy. Legal terms and definitions are often not logical or reflective of real world definitions. Take for example "corporate personhood." A corporation is not a man, woman, child, or any other kind of human. Even in religious terms it is nonsensical since corporations do not and cannot possess a soul.
As far as what notable atheists have said in interviews, you have taken the words of less than a handful of individuals and painted millions of completely unassociated individuals with the same brush. Sprechen sie Deutsch, Herr Nazi?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#131093 May 20, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe in God. I don't believe in biblical terms of God. I don't think it's human or defined by man's words .
You have to admit some people can't get around a the contradictions that parallel a believers lifestyle Some of the most hateful people I've known have called themselves Christians. Why is it they allow their religion to mask so much judgment with such certainty . You've had doubt. We have just followed our doubt with reason. It's not an easy thing in this society to do. I have been learning what it means to be an independent thinker . You know there is a chance that you might be wrong and I believe that's why you stoop to gross reasoning of atheism .
My reasoning of atheism,which You claim to be gross is based on what atheist leaders have stated publicly, or haven't you heard.....
There is a chance that I could be wrong, but most assuredly, no one has been able to provide evidence to the contrary.
As a matter of fact , all the arguments made by atheists for not believing in God has only served to strengthen my Faith....You are no exception....
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#131094 May 20, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , let us revisit your view that sex has to be consensual..
The majority of incest cases involve children between the ages of 7 - 17. with which you agree..
How can you justify as consensual that a 7 year old girl consents to sex with her father?
Here is an opportunity for you to concoct another incredible excuse.....
I know that you will claim you never said such , but, your own admission condems you.
You are still a perverted degenerate, morally lacking and willing to defend a father who seduces his child.....Excuse me , that is called rape..........
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#131095 May 20, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the court that the penal system could not stand in the way of an atheist study group on any religious grounds without violating the inmates' religious rights. That is not to say that I agree with your conclusions or wnd's snapshot blurb. I also do not have to agree with a court decision - merely abide by it unless and until it is overturned or appealed. Secular humanism is not a religion, it is a philosophy. Legal terms and definitions are often not logical or reflective of real world definitions. Take for example "corporate personhood." A corporation is not a man, woman, child, or any other kind of human. Even in religious terms it is nonsensical since corporations do not and cannot possess a soul.
As far as what notable atheists have said in interviews, you have taken the words of less than a handful of individuals and painted millions of completely unassociated individuals with the same brush. Sprechen sie Deutsch, Herr Nazi?
You can pin any label you want on atheism , fact is ,as you know,that even the IRS has concluded that atheism is a religion.
I do not have access to however many atheists believe as their leaders do, however, when I google incest,beastiality and necrophelia I always find that atheist posters are the ones in support of those immoral activities...Found some on this forum who condone father /daughter sex as long as it is consensual. That most incest occurs between the ages of 7 and 17 does not seem to bother them...
Mowie po polsku y tambien se habla el Espanol, Sancho Panza y canto de Zangano....

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#131096 May 20, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You can pin any label you want on atheism , fact is ,as you know,that even the IRS has concluded that atheism is a religion.
I do not have access to however many atheists believe as their leaders do, however, when I google incest,beastiality and necrophelia I always find that atheist posters are the ones in support of those immoral activities...Found some on this forum who condone father /daughter sex as long as it is consensual. That most incest occurs between the ages of 7 and 17 does not seem to bother them...
Mowie po polsku y tambien se habla el Espanol, Sancho Panza y canto de Zangano....
You've got serious issues . I almost feel sorry for the fact that these kind of responses are the only things that cross your mind. You sound like a very sexually repressed man...

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#131097 May 20, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My reasoning of atheism,which You claim to be gross is based on what atheist leaders have stated publicly, or haven't you heard.....
There is a chance that I could be wrong, but most assuredly, no one has been able to provide evidence to the contrary.
As a matter of fact , all the arguments made by atheists for not believing in God has only served to strengthen my Faith....You are no exception....
No.To be quite frank you ,a supposed Christian , has opened my eyes to the actual bigotry of a believer and their depths of hatred . You've been a good example of what faith can lead to.
You speak of mental disorders too often ...there's a connection there somewhere .

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#131098 May 20, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory of evolution is already being taught in the schools for years, it is creation that is not being taught. Creation should be taught right beside the theory of evolution.
Why? One is theology, which is not science and one is science and not a religion. You see, the fantasies of religion are to be kept in the place of myth, and superstition, otherwise known as churches.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131099 May 20, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you also choose not to see the difference between tiredness typos and poor grammar?
I will clarify...parents are responsible for teaching morals to their children. The schools are suppose to be on the same page, backing those same morals.
It is not the governments place or responsibility to teach morality...though, they are trying to legislate it but it does not and will not work.
The Bible establishes morals from the inside out. I believe there were some people who had morals before the Bible.
Is our tiredness the cause of your contradictions also?
It is impossible for a school to be on the same page as a thousand parents, as parents have different ideas.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131100 May 20, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, you 're dumber than a cockroach during menstruation.
Yes I capitalized the Cross . The Cross in question is the one found at Ground zero. To Christians the Cross does symbo;ize Christianity.
However ,said Cross is not being placed at the 9/11 museum as a way of promoting Christianity . It is being ,placed there as a historical artifact for the role it played during the 9/11 rescue efforts....
To me,it is just a Cross , and it neither enhances nor decreases my Faith.
Thanks to you atheists , who are claiming that the Cross has supernatural powers , the Cross has gotten much more publicity than it should.
As your atheist gumbadys have claimed " the existence of said Cross has caused the AA org. members,interalia , to be afflicted by dyspepsia , anxiety , depression , headaches and mental anguish...That is the Power that the Cross holds over unbelieving atheists. And that fact is based on their own public confession...
BTW You are making the same argument about the Cross as Duket is.
I need not wonder why........
A redneck moron from South Carolina with at least 2 monikers.....
You can't even tell time , prove me wrong and tell me what time it is... LOL
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss
Ricky Retardo is aLIVE AND WELL IN SOUTH CAROLINA.........
Well I am quite sure the cross of 9/11 represents Christianity to you, as it does to any Christian. Heck, it even represents Christianity to none Christians. Wake up. It promotes Christianity.
karl

Winter Garden, FL

#131101 May 20, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got serious issues . I almost feel sorry for the fact that these kind of responses are the only things that cross your mind. You sound like a very sexually repressed man...
Curious does not have any serious issues.He is a figment of my imagination.
However,it is atheists who brought up the malevolent issue of consensual incest. I am merely pointing out how misguided they are in their selfish attempts to justify the unjustifiable...
Seems to me you agree with their philosophy on incest
karl

Winter Garden, FL

#131102 May 20, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
No.To be quite frank you ,a supposed Christian , has opened my eyes to the actual bigotry of a believer and their depths of hatred . You've been a good example of what faith can lead to.
You speak of mental disorders too often ...there's a connection there somewhere .
There you go again , making unsubstantiated statements...I have many faults ,hatred nor bigotry
are not 2 of them...
Seems that you atheists get very defensive when your dirty linen is made public.
The mental maladies that I have mentioned atr not figments of my imagination, they are the conclusions reached by Independent studies and attested by one of your atheist leaders.
You atheists love to attack the beliefs of those who believe in God,when you come under attack for your beliefs and those of your leaders you all tend to whine a lot and then expect a pity party to soothe your feelings. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131103 May 20, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not a problem.
The Bible inspires rational thought. How do you conclude otherwise?
Because the bible promotes rules to be followed without rational reasons to follow said rules.

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#131104 May 20, 2014
karl wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious does not have any serious issues.He is a figment of my imagination.
However,it is atheists who brought up the malevolent issue of consensual incest. I am merely pointing out how misguided they are in their selfish attempts to justify the unjustifiable...
Seems to me you agree with their philosophy on incest
These are tactics to avoid the truth. I won't buy into the diversion . It gets tough for Christian to rely on common sense , so they resort to distractions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131105 May 20, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware of the crime statistics. As well some years ago I took a criminal justice course which shared the same information. I said in class, what I am sharing here. I do not believe the crime rate is going down. People are only being lulled into thinking that it is.
The first four of the 10 Commandments are still good for everyone. If money, self, etc. is made gods, then people will commit terrible acts against others in the name of these gods. And, why would anyone want to serve a god that did not create them, or a god that does not want the very best for them? Worshiping money, self, etc. usually leads to criminal acts against other people, innocent people. Regarding making graven images, this just puts a person's priorities out of wack in a bad way. Placing images, statues, etc. above people, etc. Why would anyone want to take the one that created them and use their name as a cuss word? Is it respectful? Would you like it people began using your own name in place of a cuss word? The Sabbath Day is a day of rest. It is wise for everyone to take at least one day of rest each week. It is good for the body physically and in many other ways.
The Bible is inspired by God through man. I believe I answered this elsewhere, but we have to agree to disagree regarding the classification of Christianity. Christianity is not a religion.
Yes, I am aware many eyewitnesses are mistaken, perceive wrongly and do lie. But, if there are 20 witnesses and 17 of those witnesses say essentially the same thing, one can ascertain what took place. Though, the witness I speak of is a living witness and can only speak what is true.
Regarding the authors...yet, the Bible has a single theme that changes lives in a most positive and amazing way, etc. How? Because, the ultimate author is God.
Ok, so you do not believe the stats, and you do not believe the definition of Christianity is as the dictionary says.
Now just how many people actually believed in Jesus in the day of Jesus and how many did not? Most did not corroborate the story of a few.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#131106 May 20, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well I am quite sure the cross of 9/11 represents Christianity to you, as it does to any Christian. Heck, it even represents Christianity to none Christians. Wake up. It promotes Christianity.
You are sure of a lot of things that aren't true , so that is not surprising.
Again, the only ones that are complaining are belligerent atheists.
The Cross will be placed in the museum as a historical artifact whether atheists like it or not.
If it causes them dyspepsia they need to stock up on pepto bismol , headaches,take tylenol, mental anguish , see a psychiatrist and anxiety take prozac...
Best I can do for ya....The rest is up to you as you know what the solution is.
Say hello to Pre K , for one who claims to live in Nottingham he sure is familiar with the daily goings on in America......LOL......
BTW Thanks to atheists the Cross of 9/11 has received more publicity than it merits.
You guys have done more to promote Christianity with your nonsencical lawsuit than the Cross has.... Good job can result from bad intentions..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pcagw 2 min Ray the Joke 18
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 2 min positronium 34,157
Brian Morris 45 min Yes Mr May 23
Vanderbeck Wants More Alcohol Sales 56 min City Rich Snobs 84
UMG Bad Water 56 min Vilis 22
Trump's Plan For Coal 1 hr Old Roy 1
Frankie Justice Blasts ANE Editors Jaw 1 hr Rockem Sockem Robots 21

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages