Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 152024 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#130360 May 10, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious but why are you against incest if protection is used?
The thought of a brother and sister having sex makes my skin crawl.

However, if as you say, protection is used and if it is wholly consensual between the two parties, there is little that is morally wrong with incest.

Cambridge, UK

#130361 May 10, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No the trouble is that we don't have each book of scripture and the ones that we do have are not without error of translation/interpretation.
There are further errors in scriptures that you don't mention: errors in composition, logic and arithmetic.

The sort of thing that hardly befits the word of the supreme cosmic creator being.

Cambridge, UK

#130362 May 10, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe some He does. How do you know He doesn't intervene in some cases? I have heard stories where people believe that He has, so it is possible.
If he can do one, then why not all?

Tens of thousands of children die every week from famine, disease or being killed by other humans.

Cambridge, UK

#130363 May 10, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
We are made of the same matter and energy as the universe . We are not in exile here: we are at home . The universe creates us, preserves us,destroys us. It is deep and old beyond our ability to reach our senses . It is beautiful beyond our ability to describe with words. It is complex beyond our ability to fully grasp in science .We are part of nature. Nature made us and at our death we will be reabsorbed into nature . This is the only place where we can find and make our paradise, not some imaginary world on the other side of the gravel .When we destroy nature, we create a hell on earth for ourselves and other species .
Through the eyes of a Hubble telescope we have seen the emptiness of space strewn with galaxies as thick as snow . We have found planetary disc around many stars.
Why would God create this ungraspable immensity just to frame for our tiny presence ?
There's a site that I'll post that reads further on this ...
The Native Americans were saddened by what the white men had done to mother earth .. I too think it's sad when the Believers today cut down a 500 year old tree to extend their church parking lot..
There is no thought to what God really is. They would rather worship a book or a building .
Nicely put

For sure, if there is/are indeed a cosmic mega being(s) then it/they certainly won't be as described in the writings of men.

Cambridge, UK

#130364 May 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they were and rightfully so. The homosexual priests that created this horrendous situation are the selfsame that you have stated that you agree with "homosexual priest lifestyle"
As a matter of fact you are in total agreement with the homosexual lifestyle , in spite of the fact that lifestyle is the reason why so many of them are infected by Aids , have an extremely high suicide problem, suffer from deep depression,are addicted to drugs and alcohol etal.
Sounds familiar?
You have any figures on what percentage of homosexuals are atheists?
Last I heard it is over 50%........
Moreover, the Catholic Church hierarchy opted to hide and deny that this horrible condition existed within it's ranks
Sounds much like what atheists are doing about the problems within their ranks.
Staks Rosch, as you know, is the leader of the Atheist community in Philadelphia.
He is a prominent leader in the state of Pennsylvania and he wrote an article based on his personal experiences and observations.
In his article he stated that Atheism has a suicide problem and also addressed several other maladies which afflict the atheist community and that those people need help.
HE ALSO clearly stated that atheists would not admit or that they would deny the existence of those maladies within their communities....
And you again HAVE refused to speak up in defense of your atheist faith , unable and ashamed to defend it you now call yourself a humanist.
That says all I need to know about YOU
CHARLATAN
You're always the easiest to wind up.

I have no problem with homosexuality

I have no problem with heterosexuality

I have a big problem with child abusers

I said secular humanist

The difference must be too subtle for you top grasp.

Cambridge, UK

#130365 May 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh heh heh LOL
I would advice you that in the future you have a blind man do your posting , as YOU obviously did not see or have any idea of what I did , till I pointed out what a fool you are and you have no other recourse but to deny the facts..........
However, like I said before, where you post from is no big deal....
You can attempt to hide where you post from , what you can not hide is the fact you are a
fool. Your postings and denials make that fact quite obvious........
And remember ,twas not the first time you gave yourself away..........
Washington DC is known as the Nations capital
London is known and referred to by the Brits as The Big Smoke
LOL
How bout Duket committing the unforced error of revealing you and he ,like a married couple, are one....
That one I can not take credit for...That was your own booboo
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
and the denials will keep comimg
Like I said - you are the easiest to wind up.

Cambridge, UK

#130366 May 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooooooooooooooooooooops, another booboo. Do I dare unmask it..........
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ah It's too obvious , You can't be that stupid knowing that YOU ARE BEING watched like a hawk
Nice try , but you ain't got what it takes..........
Denials will be forthcoming..........LOL
Whartta twit.....
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, you are looking for revenge for having been unmasked...
Having fooled you twice before, I thought I'd go easy on you this time.
SistaNonYaforsur e

Chardon, OH

#130367 May 10, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
9/11 must have been a good day for you. Thousands of people lost their loved ones and millions of people were traumatized .. But you think that day and its ripple effect on our economy is all about some debris that fell in the form of a cross ? Yea that's exactly why everyone was so traumatized you a*s. You bask in the opportunity to make this a twisted, distorted point about your hate for atheism.
. C.P.syndrome strikes again
Talk about a load of twisted and distored CRAP.

The atheist lawsuit against the memorial museum of which the melted steel into the shape of a cross is RIGHTFULLY Part of, AS FOUND AMONGST THE DEBRIS, that stood as an inspiration of COURAGE and Strength to go forward, for MANY, MANY others with heavy and grieving hearts, sifting through the remains of the results of a of bunch Sick Twisted and DISTORTED psychopaths, is as SICK, Twisted And Distorted as those who actually committed the terrorist act.
Another SICK bunch of people, those atheists were- trying golddig something out of the tragedy of many OTHERS lives.

Talk about Sick-as in DISGUSTINGLY so.
SistaNonYor

Chardon, OH

#130368 May 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the list I wrote about duh flud is opinion and it is not opinion that men compiled the Bible. However, it is certainly a (delusional) opinion that the books contain content of absolutely divinely inspired "insparations."
And there's plenty of scientific evidence, attesting to the fact that indeed, there were major, regional flood during the times of. Been there..posted those.

And divine inspiration, is in the MINDS and hearts of the beholders...and is something that can NOT just be "bought".

Sorry for you-that you seemingly lack that concept.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#130369 May 10, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
9/11 must have been a good day for you. Thousands of people lost their loved ones and millions of people were traumatized .. But you think that day and its ripple effect on our economy is all about some debris that fell in the form of a cross ? Yea that's exactly why everyone was so traumatized you a*s. You bask in the opportunity to make this a twisted, distorted point about your hate for atheism.
. C.P.syndrome strikes again
Another attempted lie in defense of your faith , Why does that not surprise me?
You are right in saying that thousands of people lost their lives and millions were taumatized , I already made mention of that.
And the fact is that those who were working feverishly in the rescue effort were energized and found new hope in their search for those who died and were trapped inthat horrific event.
While the cross energized many of the workers and gave them hope, it is that same cross that is causing atheists to be afflicted by dyspepsia amd other maladies , to which they have publicly admitted,,,,
Those are the facts which you are trying to minimize and cover up.......It has nothing to do with hatred on my part. It is the atheists who are demonstrating their hatred in attemmpting to claim that the cross represents a religious symbol thar favors Christianity.
That is a lie. The cross is a historical artifact that played a very important historical role surrounding the events of that tragic day. It is only the atheists who have raised the issue and made those invalid and deceptive claims,,,,,As you well know......... but can not admit.
Any faith that has to be defended with lies is not worth defending.
You obviously have not learned that lesson as your faith will not permit you to......
SistaNonYor

Chardon, OH

#130370 May 10, 2014
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Just because someone "believes he has" does not make it possible.
Also, this is TERRIBLE. Imagine your child was raped to death. Now hear someone talk about a child who narrowly escaped such a fate. Now hear that person say "God was with my baby."
Now imagine how you're feeling about your child.
And understand that all of this is being believed WITH NO EVIDENCE.
This is why when you hear a plane crash survivor give glory to god you want to punch that person in the face for the implied insult they just lobbed to everyone who died and all their friends and families.
"I'm special. I guess your brother wasn't."
What a sad perspective.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#130371 May 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll, I have told you where to look for yourself in the Bible over and over to answer your question.
But we both know you are not really interested in answers you just want to post hate on topix.
Read 2 Peter, if you know how to read
LOL! I already HAVE answered the question - you've been referencing the Qur'an. You are the one who is incorrigably dishonest and call me a troll only for not letting you forget it.

2 Peter 2:5
"if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;"

That's it? That is your biblical verse that says Noah was mocked and the neighbor kids were invited aboard? The only thing it indicates is that the anonymous author of 2 Peter was familiar with the story in Genesis - and that doesn't "prove" there was even a Noah to be laughed at.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#130372 May 10, 2014
SistaNonYor wrote:
<quoted text>
And there's plenty of scientific evidence, attesting to the fact that indeed, there were major, regional flood during the times of. Been there..posted those.
And divine inspiration, is in the MINDS and hearts of the beholders...and is something that can NOT just be "bought".
Sorry for you-that you seemingly lack that concept.
18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits. 21 Every living thing that moved on land perished¬óbirds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. 22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.

Just how does any of this read as a localized regional flood to you, Sista? "Divine inspiration?" Or maybe I'm just DIRECTLY QUOTING the Bible twisted and backward as you claim is my habit?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#130373 May 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're always the easiest to wind up.
I have no problem with homosexuality
I have no problem with heterosexuality
I have a big problem with child abusers
I said secular humanist
The difference must be too subtle for you top grasp.
And your personal moral code easily comes unwound when the facts are presented.
That which you call your moral code is like the clouds , changes as the wind blows.
A morass as the foundation anda feeble mind as it's author..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
That is one revolting deverlopment you got yourself into
The fruits of atheism have carried over to secular humanism converts
SistaNonYor

Chardon, OH

#130374 May 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Digress much, Sistablahblahblah?1. Why do prattle like this instead of answering any of the questions that have been put to you? 2. You've intimated that the Bible as a whole is correct because it contains certain place names and historic figures that do/did exist, yet many >>fundamental and pivotal episodes<< in the Bible are proven fictions. 3.How do you reconcile a perfect Deity with a faulty book? 4. I attest it's with delusion. What's your excuse?
1. I've answered them all, it is not my problem if you don't have what it takes within yourself, to comprehend the answers.
2. I've never "imitated" that the Bible as a whole is "correct", especially when dealing with dolts who would like to ignorantly insist that it is meant to be read literally verbatim .(because it's just discussion over then..lights are on ..but nobodys home type of thing).
3. I'm not the one trying to "reconcile a perfect deity with a faulty book"...you are.
4. I attest that spoon feeding "delusion" type stuff... is YOUR excuse...to try and further manipulate YOUR own mere opinion because...
5. doing so is just like having underdeveloped minds in a classroom, void of any actual REAL critical and deeper thinking skills, and trying to "CONvince" them they are brilliant and perfect, via handing out perpetual perfect scores, no matter the MANY FAULTS or lack of content in the perpetually, non-changing preformatted and often already been stated elsewhere and then recycled papers of....all for the sake of petty little egos, snake oil type bartering and circus style amusement .

Is that specifically clarified enough, as to my "personal perspective" on such?
SistaNonYor

Chardon, OH

#130375 May 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course He does. The only reason "He" "created" humans in the first place was to keep them in a zoo to watch the other animals and maintain just enough intelligence to worship Him.
Yew can add that to the last bit of the "what I think" I just wrote, call it "The Inner Most Desires of the Beast within Menkind"--and give youself a one hunnert percent fer it..

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#130376 May 10, 2014
SistaNonYaforsure wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about a load of twisted and distored CRAP.
The atheist lawsuit against the memorial museum of which the melted steel into the shape of a cross is RIGHTFULLY Part of, AS FOUND AMONGST THE DEBRIS, that stood as an inspiration of COURAGE and Strength to go forward, for MANY, MANY others with heavy and grieving hearts, sifting through the remains of the results of a of bunch Sick Twisted and DISTORTED psychopaths, is as SICK, Twisted And Distorted as those who actually committed the terrorist act.
Another SICK bunch of people, those atheists were- trying golddig something out of the tragedy of many OTHERS lives.
Talk about Sick-as in DISGUSTINGLY so.
I don't have an issue with Christians seeking comfort in their religion at times of crisis . 9/11 didn't happen to only Christians..it happened to Americans and we have a right to say..Don't make this tragedy about religion !
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#130377 May 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Having fooled you twice before, I thought I'd go easy on you this time.
It was your ineptness ignorance and gullibility that has permitted me to out you 3 times.
Now we know that duket/Prek are one and the same. It was your ineptness that got you trapped
visiting the Nations Capital which you did not deny when I asked you and trfused to address my question, Then you claimed tht you meant the capital of England....That has also been proven to be alie, then you fellhook ,line and sinker by devuiging the time , based on your location, which I DO Believe is the State of South Carolina....Heh heh Heh..........
Your ineptness is further evidenced by your futile effort to con me with you post, which you have readily admitted has failed..........
As Ray Charles clearly stated in his hit song you were " Born to Lose"
SistaNonYor

Chardon, OH

#130378 May 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
18 The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits. 21 Every living thing that moved on land perished¬óbirds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. 22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.
Just how does any of this read as a localized regional flood to you, Sista? "Divine inspiration?" Or maybe I'm just DIRECTLY QUOTING the Bible twisted and backward as you claim is my habit?
If I were Noah, traumatized and documenting what I saw happen during a major flood, I might've written in the exact same manner.

What is about metaphors, allegories etc, rather than verbatim, that you just do NOT seem to comprehend?

And as for "inspirations"-

I personally find this one to be DIVINE.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
SistaNonYor

Chardon, OH

#130379 May 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing has been proven wrong in the Bible. Nothing. Give it a try BS artist
Please don't feed the apes...their BS regurgitation makes enough of a mess already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 4 min Kyboy 2,928
I Believe I Can Fly--A Song for Appalachian Air... (Oct '14) 5 min Pie in the Sky 58
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr David Koch 33,384
Jones morbid fear 1 hr King James 5
Political Slushfund 1 hr Spend it With Fri... 1
To the fat beyotch wearing a Trump shirt at Riv... 1 hr Doctor Evil 27
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 7,784
Vanderbeck Wants More Alcohol Sales 9 hr Just Leave 32
More Ray Jones Rants 9 hr Why 32

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages