Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,411

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#126464 Mar 17, 2014
That's what religion says about the creation of our universe

Now what about science?
Suoiruc

Ocoee, FL

#126465 Mar 17, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows the creator was Pangu. He emerged from the Cosmic Egg wherein the principles of Yin and Yang became balanced.
Pangu created the earth and sky such that they were joined together. However, Pangu then spent the next 18,000 years pushing earth and sky apart at a rate of ten feet per day.
The evidence for this is what we are told in the Sanwu Liji
That must be the belief held by those Atheists who believe in Gods, If that is what your SanWu Liji tells you, proceed with caution....
Mental retaedation must run rampant in your family genes.
keep it up and you will Ying Yang yourself into an asylum,where you can keep company with Witchetty/ Justice/Duket and other incorrigible miscreants LOL
The British are coming,The British are coming, they are being chased by the American militia and are running for their lives

Nottingham, UK

#126466 Mar 17, 2014
The universe was most likely created by some kind of big bang approximately 13.5 billion years ago.

The Earth is around 4.5 billion years old, having been born through accretion in the solar nebula and eventually cooling and acquiring an atmosphere.

Life on Earth progresses and evolved from primitive organisms to increasingly complex species through mutation and natural selection.

Hominds branched off from apes around 3 - 5 million years ago with modern man making an appearance around 250,000 years ago.

The evidence for this:

Radiometric dating, Hubble's Law, observations of cosmic background radiation, primordial nucleosynthesis, distribution and morphology of galaxies, theory of general relativity, genetics and phylogenetics, heredity, hybridisation, microevolution, the fossil record, comparative sequencealignment, vestigal and homologous structures, acquired antibiotic and pesticide resistance, geographic distribution and correlation, island biogeography, etc, etc, etc.
ummmm

Wilmington, DE

#126467 Mar 17, 2014
smh---- and you have the nerve to call people backwords.

Nottingham, UK

#126468 Mar 17, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
That must be the belief held by those Atheists who believe in Gods, If that is what your SanWu Liji tells you, proceed with caution....
Mental retaedation must run rampant in your family genes.
keep it up and you will Ying Yang yourself into an asylum,where you can keep company with Witchetty/ Justice/Duket and other incorrigible miscreants LOL
The British are coming,The British are coming, they are being chased by the American militia and are running for their lives
It's easy to reduce you to a jibbering wreck, tota;;y incapable of refuting me.

As for the myth in the Sanwu Liji and indeed those other examples I gave....

They serve to demonstrate that your creation myth is no more likely than theirs and that their source of evidence is just as real as yours.

Of course, the explanation from science buries them all.

By the way, you shouldn't have admitted to me that you don't know much about history. You're wasting your breath.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#126469 Mar 17, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
I saw a woman in the per say woods she was being held captive by some hanious individual or individuals. She had her hands behind her back so tied and she was on a bed, half starved and she was being excersed and punished for being her.
She was gaunt and very distressed, I felt sorry for her and wished someone would set her free but I know these Kentucky type people hateful in their scorn and uncaring to a fault.
This poor lady was dying and being unceramoneously punished in the oddest fashion known to man. Like a lot of disturbed people they have a great deal to complain about but this lady was severely neglected and maltreaded.
I have seen pictures on tv of people so ill and abused but not to this visions extent, yet there are those who would trade places with her to set themselves free of their own hell for whatever they are experiencing.
I prayed for her and those like that. I think thats all I can do since i am uncertain of where she was at the time.
Those who judge ....Shall be judged .Find that in your Bible . Your apostolic rants taught you nothing . I love Kentucky and the people . Did you know that's the Bible Belt region? You might educate yourself before you spew hatred .
Suoiruc

Ocoee, FL

#126470 Mar 17, 2014
Khatru wrote:
The universe was most likely created by some kind of big bang approximately 13.5 billion years ago.
The Earth is around 4.5 billion years old, having been born through accretion in the solar nebula and eventually cooling and acquiring an atmosphere.
Life on Earth progresses and evolved from primitive organisms to increasingly complex species through mutation and natural selection.
Hominds branched off from apes around 3 - 5 million years ago with modern man making an appearance around 250,000 years ago.
The evidence for this:
Radiometric dating, Hubble's Law, observations of cosmic background radiation, primordial nucleosynthesis, distribution and morphology of galaxies, theory of general relativity, genetics and phylogenetics, heredity, hybridisation, microevolution, the fossil record, comparative sequencealignment, vestigal and homologous structures, acquired antibiotic and pesticide resistance, geographic distribution and correlation, island biogeography, etc, etc, etc.
Well , your faulty foundation is based on a "MOST LIKELY"which Science is not able to explain or account for.
Then you go on to, Life on earth progresses and evolves, Faulty,faulty ,faulty
No where do you state how life may have originated. You intentionally avoid addressing that issue because you have no plausible explanation and neither does Science.
Therfore KABOOOOMMMM, your whole theory blows up in your face.
Take that nonsense before a court of law and you will be disbarrred , held in contempt and sentenced to 3 consecutive lifetimes in a mental asylum..........
Those are the benefits provided by your faith
Believe It

Louisville, KY

#126471 Mar 17, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , your faulty foundation is based on a "MOST LIKELY"which Science is not able to explain or account for.
Then you go on to, Life on earth progresses and evolves, Faulty,faulty ,faulty
No where do you state how life may have originated. You intentionally avoid addressing that issue because you have no plausible explanation and neither does Science.
Therfore KABOOOOMMMM, your whole theory blows up in your face.
Take that nonsense before a court of law and you will be disbarrred , held in contempt and sentenced to 3 consecutive lifetimes in a mental asylum..........
Those are the benefits provided by your faith
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-arel/cosmos...
Suoiruc

Ocoee, FL

#126472 Mar 17, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to reduce you to a jibbering wreck, tota;;y incapable of refuting me.
As for the myth in the Sanwu Liji and indeed those other examples I gave....
They serve to demonstrate that your creation myth is no more likely than theirs and that their source of evidence is just as real as yours.
Of course, the explanation from science buries them all.
By the way, you shouldn't have admitted to me that you don't know much about history. You're wasting your breath.
I am not here to refute your ignorance , I merely point it out for all to see , Or at least,to those that can see.
The topic under discussion is ,The fact that , alarge organization of Atheists filed a lawsuit where they claim that the Cross has caused them to be afflicted by many maladies.
Afrr ter days of discussing the issue , The Atheists on this website have thrown in the towel by their failure to disprove what their Atheist members claimed.
unable to disprove that confession,the Atheists have had to resort to their infamous and scurrilous tactics D I C S.
Your futile attempts to deny reality are not working.. I will stay on subject.
Once again , Can anyone explain why a group of Atheists are claiming that the Cross is causing them all these unwanted maladies?
If you are going to again,run from the question and hide in the toilet , then do the honorable thing Jump in the bowl and flush yourself..........
ummmm

Wilmington, DE

#126473 Mar 17, 2014
ummmm wrote:
smh---- and you have the nerve to call people backwords.
quit calling my house and asking about my brother I haven't been to your house for years or called -- I gave you the number call yourself.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#126474 Mar 17, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right... you are opposed to the the Let's Move program because it is a corrupt and evil cause that prohibits art appreciation. 0.o
So, why would you want to open the gates for low life ghetto gutter backwoods holler sicko psycho nutcase non/anti-intellectual extremists to be authorized to preach their flavor of the day megafatburger ultrasized meal deal religion in schools again?
Wrong, and I wouldn't.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#126475 Mar 17, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your only indication of being able to "think for yourself" is that women pee through the birth canal. Beyond that, all you've produced is pure neocon ideologue bullcrap and yammering babyspeak.
Wrong again, and I'd just as soon to throw any sort of worthless neocon supremecist type of attitude of nothing but self serving, to the hounds of Bakerville.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#126476 Mar 17, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Seventee cited the Second Amendment as being the relevant portion. He was wrong. The Establishment Clause is in the FIRST Amendment.
Seventee is clueless.
Seventee's argument is entirely based on the *exact phrase* "separation of church and state" being in the Constitution. No one claims that exact phrase is in the Constitution. The fact is that the CONCEPT is in the Constitution.
<quoted text>
You're just as clueless as Seventee.
The phrase "freedom of religion" is NOT in the Constitution. The concept is.
We already covered the "concept" as well-a LONG time ago.

But do feel free to knock yourself out pretending it's something new.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#126477 Mar 17, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still avoiding the issues you dare not face,else it will tear down the foundation of your religion
Here it is again
LOL You well know that the reason I posted that information was to rattle your cage.
Johnny Horton really gave you "A Mess of Blues"
Let us get back to the real topic which you now seek to avoid , due either to your ignorance of the facts or that you are still in a state of denial or both.
I have posted studies that indicate the maladies afflicting Atheists,which are caused by their unbelief.
You , Lodi , Box , Chroe , Duket and Spaceship have intentionally and erroneously claimed those studied to be invalid.
I posted an article by Staks Rosch , Atheist leader, where he made the same claims.
Again , your group attempted to discredit his article and made disparaging remarks about his leadership role.
Now , Atheists have confirmed these maladies that afflict them ,based on their unbelief.
Their admission is attached to alegal document , the lawsuit they filed.
When Sista and I posted this information, you ALL claimed it was false , that said information had been manufactured.
After the preponderance of the evidence could not be denied , even by irrational means.
You all have sought to avoid that Topic At All Costs.
Thereby proving ,beyond a shadow of a doubt , your incompetence , ignorance and futile attempts to hide the truth.....
Deal with that..........or not..........
Not only do you have a reputation of "being an agitator," you also have a reputation of distorting facts. You admit to the first, and the other has been proven here on this thread. I asked you repeatedly to show or cite your sources with a link, you refused to do so just to "as you say, rattle the cage" you have no credibility, and that's why you resort to such childish, petty pre-school games. You're pathetic.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/kelly-battles-athe...
Silverman explains why these FIVE atheist are suing on that basis, and rightly so.

When Sista posted the link, I never refuted it....I said of all the thousands of links that you and he claim, why provide one of Glen Beck, which has proven to be unreliable. Go back and read again. I did not say it was false, but the source's credibility had already come into question before.

Now to the SR article.......Just as the atheist suing.......... Stak show 3 examples and one of those committing suicide, even he questioned whether it was or not....so basically 2.{TWO does not represent the whole atheist nation} therefore, he has no right stating that atheist has a suicide problem as an absolute that ALL have. Same with the AA lawsuit {FIVE does not represent the whole atheist nation}
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#126478 Mar 17, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your story straight, Sista. Seventee is the one who said freedom of religion is in the second amendment. I am the one who corrected him and brought up the fourteenth amendment.
The Constitution provides reasonable protection both of, of AND from, from religion.
"OF"

We ALREADY covered that "concept" a long time ago as well.

Maybe you could go pretend with stuck in a narrow box?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#126479 Mar 17, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is impossible for you to stick to the subject, isn't it?
When the subject is as repetitive as an old 45 that has exited and survived a lawn mower blade, and as moldy as growing pennicillian in a petri dish, yeah.

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#126480 Mar 17, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who judge....Shall be judged .Find that in your Bible . Your apostolic rants taught you nothing. I love Kentucky and the people. Did you know that's the Bible Belt region? You might educate yourself before you spew hatred .
(your children will be your judges) I am such a child and as an Apostle I have a belt too.

I know it sounds that way and its unfortunate that so much has happened to me since I moved here. I have been, where do I start... belittled in how i am as a person in society. My whole life has been nothing more than a beat down by those not wanting to care.

My family life is upside down with people pointing fingers at me. I have gotten beat several times for something I had no control over. I have been put on false and man made medicines for the benefit of money and fake morals in society.

My walk with Christ has been everyoneís little joke and I am fed up with it. What should I say when others therefore ridicule me for their hate of me, nothing but take to the Spirit of God within me and be thankful. I am beat down for my faith in Christ, even so, I am happy in him. I am told to behave thus and I do but then my heart is sorry for what has been my fault though I feel it really isn't.

I have been told to be silent when I want to speak; those who persecute me and speak wrongly against me have no one stopping their hate.

I have had my children taken from me, my spouse is a louse, and I have had to still love him because I am suppose to not know of what an unhealthy relationship I am in and accept his hate for the Holy Ghost!

My life is turned upside down because of a mistake in my past that lives on still, I was married outside in California in the night as a child when I was not accepted to be called Christian or in the Jewish religion.

What do I think, I think there is some thing seriously wrong with this world and the answer is Jesus - Yeshua or what ever name you know of him, he is the son of the Great I AM, he is the I Am the Bright Morning Star. I stand for the Holy Spirit he is mine and i am his. The I am in the Holy Angel has been in my life and always will and thatís all I can really hope for too from man or woman. Because nothing at all ever makes sense not in this world not in this life, anyway.

The evil that has been sent down in the devil has made our lives confused and we need the true Spirit of God who is here for us to help us in everything.

I have been cheated, I have been used, I will never deny Christ, I laid down my life according to the word of the Holy Spirit and I have found it. I picked up my cross and follow Christ, and I know as with Christ those things concerning him will end, so too one day things concerning me
will end too.

I am not anxious about anything, those who are concerned know their torment will go on forever, but I will be like a heavenly holy Angel when I pass away, not now but when my time is, I may be 70 or 90 years old in 20 years but when it happens I know and will laugh because I love my Lord and have faith in him that no one can imagine the good things God has in store for those who love him in Christ the Lord.

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#126481 Mar 17, 2014
Christ was and is always kind to women (and men for that matter) he didn't require them to remain silent, he actively listened as women spoke and he spoke with them, he was kind to all, even gentiles to whom he was not sent.

He didnít demand people to posture themselves; to make long rituals, or make anyone follow mans traditions before coming into his presence.

Christ didnít require head coverings or for anyone to dress a certain way, just come as you are. Why does any man or woman require it today? Thereís no good reason for it now either.

Is there anywhere that the true church isn't? It is always where two or more are gathered in his name, men or women are in the presence of the savior.

Men and women have always tried manipulating in their own ways. Believe in the freedom Christ gives us and his word of truth.

Political correctness and worldly religion is like keeping up with the Jones. It is nothing more than overbearing peer control.

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.(Matthew)

Women have always been apart of creation from the Garden of Eden, made in the Fathers own hands like men are. How hard is it for you to accept women keep Christís commands and even save many souls in his name?

We are still living the New Testament of Christ the Lord. What was old is new again in Christ and his word is still transpiring even through and well within the book of Revelation.

Romans: As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

God gives freely of the Spirit to men and women in Christ and we need to exercise our spiritual self do well to please the Father, the Great I AM.

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams (Acts)

Let your Spirit self within you shine your light and worship God in Spirit and truth in Christian fellowship.

Who is anyone to say Christ selected a male Apostle with any less confidence than he chose a female Apostle? God created both male and female with his hands, shouldn't Christ have the same reverence for whom he has chosen!

I believe that these are the last days I think prophetic intercession for Israel is as Christ dictates how he fulfills it, don't you? Women have always made decisions with Spiritual discernment.

'Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.'(Matthew)

We should live humbly Holy lives righteously with Mercy,(not demanding recompense as Christ gave of himself) showing Love,(to each other and even to our enemies) giving Charity (not expecting anything in return) and in the Lords Grace (accepting for ourselves and forgiving others in its unearned acceptance) in abiding in this world under God accordingly.

Psalms: The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb. By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.
Suoiruc

Ocoee, FL

#126482 Mar 17, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do you have a reputation of "being an agitator," you also have a reputation of distorting facts. You admit to the first, and the other has been proven here on this thread. I asked you repeatedly to show or cite your sources with a link, you refused to do so just to "as you say, rattle the cage" you have no credibility, and that's why you resort to such childish, petty pre-school games. You're pathetic.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/kelly-battles-athe...
Silverman explains why these FIVE atheist are suing on that basis, and rightly so.
When Sista posted the link, I never refuted it....I said of all the thousands of links that you and he claim, why provide one of Glen Beck, which has proven to be unreliable. Go back and read again. I did not say it was false, but the source's credibility had already come into question before.
Now to the SR article.......Just as the atheist suing.......... Stak show 3 examples and one of those committing suicide, even he questioned whether it was or not....so basically 2.{TWO does not represent the whole atheist nation} therefore, he has no right stating that atheist has a suicide problem as an absolute that ALL have. Same with the AA lawsuit {FIVE does not represent the whole atheist nation}
If you want to classify me as an agitator so be it BUT let us set the record straight.
When I first started posting here , it was the atheists who started with the insults and agitation , specifcally
SP , SS and umm , soon followed by Chroe and Duket ,, Q was also quite an agitator.
Then , I decided to respond in kind , much to the chagrin and dismay of the Atheists. They insisted that I should continue turning the other cheek and allow them free rein.
Those who were not given free rein started whining and moaning , to this day, bullies who are offended
because their BS will not be permitted without receiving a proper response in return.
Since that time,you have jumped on board as has PreK , Witchetty and Spaced out.
I never complained , you see, I can take it AND dish it out.
You Atheists have accused me of distorting the facts , facts that demonstrate the problems inherent in your faith..... Provide the evidence , not lip service.
I posted a number of websites where this information was available , Including the atheist website Patheos, which had a complete copy of the AAorg. lawsuit . So,if you believed that the Glenn Beck website was not credible,you had many more to choose from.
SR is an Atheist leader in the city of Philadelphia and the state of Pennsylvania,where he is in contact with Many atheists . He based his article on his experiences.
If you believe he was wrong in posting what he did , that is not my problem , I did not author that document and had no part in it.
So, your futile attempts to blame me for the information contained in the AAORG. lawsuit and Stak Rosch's article is nonsensical and a smokescreen.
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time....
BTW Now we have a new moniker , Justice ,voicing the same complaints All to no avail.
Suoiruc

Ocoee, FL

#126483 Mar 17, 2014
Very few of us would argue that ďitís OK to kick a puppy in the face.Ē Thatís not a nice thing to say. Hereís an even less nice thing to say:ďI wish my parents would drown.Ē Maybe they never got you the sweet BMX bike you begged for, sticking you instead with that banana-seat Schwinn, but desiring their terminal submersion is a bit much. If there are advocates for kicking puppies and drowning parents, they (wisely) tend to keep those foul opinions to themselves.

Now consider this statement:ďI dare God to make my home catch fire.Ē

Itís a little different, right? Youíre still imagining a terrible event, but this time youíre invoking the supernatural. If you believe in God, and you believe that he answers your prayers, then you might worry that the Almighty would reduce your bungalow to cinders. But what if you donít believe in God? You wouldnít give it a second thought, right? Bring it on, Fictional Deity!

In a forthcoming paper in the International Journal for the Psychology of Religion, titled ďAtheists Become Emotionally Aroused When Daring God to Do Terrible Things,Ē researchers asked subjects to make the horrible statements mentioned above. Some statements were offensive (puppy kicking), some were malevolent (parents drowning), and some dared God to do awful stuff, to the subjects, their friends, or their families. Of the 29 subjects, 16 were self-described atheists and 13 were religious. Itís important to note that the study took place in Finland, which has a much higher proportion of atheists and agnostics than the United States has. According to one estimate, most Finns donít believe in God; contrast that with the United States, where less than 10 percent of us are heathens.

In the study, subjects were first asked to rate the unpleasantness of those statements. Not surprisingly, believers said they were more bothered than atheists were by the thought of daring God to burn down their houses or afflict them with cancer. Then subjects were asked to read aloud the statements while hooked up to a skin-conductance meter, which basically measures how much you sweat. The idea is that the more you perspire, the more worked up you are about a particular statement.(Such tests have been around for a long time. Hereís more about them if youíre curious.)

This is where it gets interesting.

According to the skin-conductance tests, the atheists found asking God to harm them or others to be just as upsetting as religious folks did. The researchers also compared the reactions of the atheists when making statements like ďI wish my parents were paralyzedĒ and ďI dare God to paralyze my parents.Ē Atheists were, like believers, more bothered by the latter statement, if you believe the skin-conductance tests, even though both declarations would be, in theory, equally empty if there were no heavenly overseer.

Those findings donít prove that atheists believe in God, though the study does seem to suggest that the idea of God is extremely powerful, even in a relatively secular society like Finland. The authors float several theories for why atheists might be bothered by requesting terror from on high. One guess is that most atheists used to be religious and so theyíre recalling their prior fear. Maybe once the notion of God lodges deep in your brain, you canít ever fully extract it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min hollerrat 12,884
The First To Fall ??? 10 min in time 13
Is FBI Investigating Bid Rigging in Judge Ruthe... (Jun '13) 34 min phelps ky 9
1st BLOOD MOON = Isis + Ebola So What's Next i... 34 min UghWhoIsItThen 32
Will Gene Davis' votes be counted? 46 min think about it 10
Airplane tickets 50 min think about it 68
Pikeville mayor race (Feb '14) 1 hr wondering 28
What is the reason that the BOE elections are s... 1 hr Phonics werks for me 38
Arrogance Bulling of Pikeville HS 1 hr not 11
Hobby Lobby will not be here long. 3 hr High School Flunkies 63