Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 160867 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#126573 Mar 18, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
Well we shall see who is full of babble and needs meds etc...I would rather fear God and Christ and do the will of the Holy Spirit in my Spirit than take any ignorant advice from those who chose ignorance.
When you go through your hour of tempation (that I do not have to suffer) and you see me sitting with Christ the Lord, then tell me of your worry, cause then you will have to be if you don't live right and repent of your hate and what causes you to put me down when i am just saying what I feel will help.
To you in the love of Christ and to those who believe as my brothers and sisters love Amber
You're happy happy, I'm happy happy. I just got a little tired of your ramblings... no offense.
Why should you fear a god that is professed to possess boundless love but shows every indication of being the ultimate sociopathic manic depressive? Spare me the yada yada about not wanting to disappoint a loving parent... Loving parents don't shove kids into the furnace.
Spare me also the yada yada about my being ignorant of Jesus and the Bible and your insider knowledge through faith. I'm well familiar with stale doctrine sprinkled with Care Bear dust.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126574 Mar 18, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've stated numerous times, I don't have a problem of the T beam being on display. The problem is.......This same T beam was blessed, it was installed on a religious service and on consecrated ground, which makes it a working shrine on public land in the WTC. Yet the Christians are saying "Oh it's not Christian." It has Jesus carved in it, of course it's Christian and that is the intent....It's a Christian Cross on Public Land, and that's illegal, according to what Silverman says, the lawsuit is asking for equal treatment and equal representation.
Notice how Kelly first says, "It's Christian" But it's part of what happened in the aftermath. Then prompted from the upstairs .... she immediately says...Not because it's Christian, but because of where it was found. She contradicts herself.
<sidebar> If the cross was put there because of where it was found....then what is the reason for having a Jewish Star and Hindu Holy Water sitting right next to the cross?
There were put there to compensate for the obvious Christianity of the cross!
You are claiming that a Star of David ,not found at the site and Hindu holy water ,not found at the site,is included as part of the artifacts.
I don't know where you got your imformation from , but, no mention of either the Star of David or any holy water can be found in either the lawsuit or the appeal.
Continuous reference is made of the cross and as a matter of fact ,one of the complaints in the lawsuit is that " no other religion is being permitted to have any religious symbols by those in charge of the museum.
let me know where you got your info from...Was not included,or at least, I could find no mention of it in lawsuit or appeal.
If what you are saying is true , that the star and holy water were not part of the debris, but will be included as artifacts , then every other religion should be allowed the same priviliges
whether they believe in God or not.
The cross howeve ,stays and should be displayed as what it is, an historical artifact, not as a religious symbol.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#126576 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
You are claiming that a Star of David ,not found at the site and Hindu holy water ,not found at the site,is included as part of the artifacts.
I don't know where you got your imformation from , but, no mention of either the Star of David or any holy water can be found in either the lawsuit or the appeal.
Continuous reference is made of the cross and as a matter of fact ,one of the complaints in the lawsuit is that " no other religion is being permitted to have any religious symbols by those in charge of the museum.
let me know where you got your info from...Was not included,or at least, I could find no mention of it in lawsuit or appeal.
If what you are saying is true , that the star and holy water were not part of the debris, but will be included as artifacts , then every other religion should be allowed the same priviliges
whether they believe in God or not.
The cross howeve ,stays and should be displayed as what it is, an historical artifact, not as a religious symbol.
Unlike you Curious, I've posted that Link Twice now in different post. That information came str8 from David Silverman. Those items are already in place, although it's not set to open until May.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/kelly-battles-athe...

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#126577 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchetty,witchetty,witchetty , different moniker same inane MO
Isn't it time you started looking for a full time job.
Your seasonal job decorating Christmas trees ended in december , your unemployment benefits will not be extended..........
Follow the advice of The Silhouettes and " Get a Job" stop makinga fool out of yourself.
Try applying for a job as a Court Jester , you have the talent and experience.
LIAR...Katru proved it..

United States of America

#126578 Mar 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
If the atheists have their way this Nation will fall just like Russia and the rest of the Eastern Block. Do you want me to remind you how many people Stalin and Lenin killed in the name of the Secular Atheist State
I asked you once to go study what the American Revolutionary War was all about, it's quite obvious you didn't or you lack cognitive reading skills to understand it. It's apparent we need to remind you of why we could no longer be part of the Monarchy of United Kingdom in its form at the time. Must I remind you that those under Crown rule at that time were the subjects of absolute tyranny, and that the Monarchy was hostile to what was wholesome and necessary for the public good. Must I also remind you that the residents of the original thirteen colonies were denied protection unless they agreed to relinquish the right of representation. Perhaps you have forgotten how fortunate you are to have a representative government that checks and balances itself and does not allow for entire legislative bodies to be relieved of their duties because they are not in agreement with a supreme ruler. You have no realization of what it meant to be under martial law, even in times of peace, and that the members of a standing army were held immune to prosecution no matter how heinous the crimes against the Subjects of the Crown were.
The crimes against humanity that were committed by the Crown were egregious and many. But instead of recognizing the Declaration of Independence as an important document stating our insistence to individual freedom and a government of the people, by the people and for the people, it has been relegated by the religious right as a weapon to promote their desire to bring the United States back to a form of government that is almost identical to the one we originally fought so hard to be free of. The sole purpose of the Declaration was to “dissolve the political bands,” not to set up a religious nation. Its authority is based on the idea that “governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,” which is contrary to the biblical concept of the Theocracy that the Religious Right would impose upon us.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126579 Mar 18, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you Curious, I've posted that Link Twice now in different post. That information came str8 from David Silverman. Those items are already in place, although it's not set to open until May.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/kelly-battles-athe...
Let us back it up...No reference whatsoever is made in regards to a Star of David or Hindu holy water being included as part of the artifacts
The lawsuit statesl

page 9 article 35 reads;Plaintiff American Atheists oppose inclusion of the Cross on the grounds that other religious groups were not given the opportunity for a similar faith-based memorial at the site of an American tragedy.
No mention is made of the star of David or Hindu holy water.In effect, the lawsuit claims that
other religious groups are being denied....
If there is a Star of David, as you claim and hindu holy water, Why is it not mentioned in the lawsuit.
neither can that information be found in the appeal that they have prepared.
If Silverman is making such a claim , it would buttress his appeal beyond anyones wildest expectations,,,,,,,,,,
But , no one,other than silverman is aware of this Star and holy water.
It does not matter what he says , where is the evidence?
I can't find it anywhere.......other than his unsubstantiated claims.
Megan Kelly did an extremely poor job of interviewing Silverman , when he made those allegations she should have demanded that he provide evidence.....
Now ,other than Silverman's allegation ,if it is valid, ther must be some way of verifying his statement .. I found none.
One would think that such info ,if valid ,would habe been included in the lawsuit and the appeal and would have destroyed the opposition.....

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#126580 Mar 18, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR...Katru proved it..
Sorry Khatru

Since: Oct 13

Mount Washington, KY

#126581 Mar 18, 2014
Got too uncaring about what I began reading in your posts, I have read to be careful for what you hear, I think we also should be careful for what we read. I don't value your writtings and I don't like your ideas of mine.

Lets just leave it at that. I would like to only write posts to those who would like to read them not to the baser sort that like to put my words down to their ways of thinking. I prefer to be like Yeshua - Jesus not like you.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126582 Mar 18, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR...Katru proved it..
Witchetty LOL Let me give you some of Pre K's history.He has absconded from a number of American mental Institutions and has been banned from Topix USA.
Therefore he was forced to seek refuge in Great Britain ,much like Benedict Arnold.
According to British Law, neither Topix or American mental institutions have the power to extradite him , so he sits comfortably in Nottingham,close to sherwood forrest ,poaching the King's deer LOL
Per K ,like yourself ,is deceitful , a cad and a bounder and those are your good points
When you get a chance,drop by so we can share some tea and crumpets and maybe we can line you up with a permanent job...Ya never know,
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126583 Mar 18, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Khatru
No need to apologize, He can't read ,His hearing aid is on the whack

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#126584 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchetty LOL Let me give you some of Pre K's history.He has absconded from a number of American mental Institutions and has been banned from Topix USA.
Therefore he was forced to seek refuge in Great Britain ,much like Benedict Arnold.
According to British Law, neither Topix or American mental institutions have the power to extradite him , so he sits comfortably in Nottingham,close to sherwood forrest ,poaching the King's deer LOL
Per K ,like yourself ,is deceitful , a cad and a bounder and those are your good points
When you get a chance,drop by so we can share some tea and crumpets and maybe we can line you up with a permanent job...Ya never know,
Why would a Christian go on an atheist website ? Are you "curious " about switching over? It's soooooooooooooooooooo obvious .
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126585 Mar 18, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a Christian go on an atheist website ? Are you "curious " about switching over? It's soooooooooooooooooooo obvious .
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h
I visit Atheist websites so that I can learn what makes a fool tick..........

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#126586 Mar 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
If the atheists have their way this Nation will fall just like Russia and the rest of the Eastern Block. Do you want me to remind you how many people Stalin and Lenin killed in the name of the Secular Atheist State
That's the standard line with the fundies, isn't it? If it isn't "be glad you don't live in N. Korea or Iran", it's "look how many were killed by Hitler and Stalin". But we don't live in N. K. or Iran. Our culture is completely different - OUR history is filled with African slavery, prejudice against the Irish, Japanese and Chinese and genocide against the Amerinds, If the Conquistadores, Inquisition, witch hunters and Crusaders had ruled after the industrial revolution, you'd have nothing to say about the Russian pogrom and purges or the Nazi's Final Solution.
This is not a czarist monarchy ripe for communist takeover - at least not yet. You forget that the Russian orthodoxy was strong up until the point that the rich bled the poor dry. Give your fine upstanding patriotic movers & shakers and fat cats more lead to shift every In God We Trust dime to their off shore coffers and perhaps there will be a revolt.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#126587 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
In an e-mail, one of the authors, Marjaana Lindeman, an adjunct professor of cognitive psychology and neuropsychology at the University of Helsinki, refrained from mocking the idea of the Golden Magic Squirrel.“Unfortunately we did not include [the] statements you mentioned,” she wrote.“This would indeed be an important question for future studies.”
In the last few years, the cognitive science of religion has begun to take off. Researchers explore questions like: Does religion make you kinder and more cooperative? More ethical? Less tolerant? Is it adaptive—that is, does it confer some evolutionary benefit?—or is it just a byproduct of other adaptations? What is this thing that occupies so much of our time and energy, that lies at the root of so much good and so much evil?
Atheists have gotten some attention, though not nearly as much. A 2010 study primed both atheists and Christians with God-related words like “spirit” and “divine,” then had them complete a stress-inducing task. Those primed with the godly words were more persistent but also more anxious, whether they believed or not. Similarly, a 2007 study found that, using the same priming method, both atheists and believers were more generous toward strangers after being reminded of God.*
My thought on what you said..

http://youtu.be/ohC3Cta3qEo

United States of America

#126588 Mar 18, 2014
What this lawsuit boils down to is this: People of all walks of life and religion lost their lives on that terrible day, and for the state of New York not to recognize all religions, yet place a 20 Foot Cross as a sign of comfort for all...is absurd.
The City is imposing their religion onto everyone with this cross, regardless if that person practices that religion or not. Seems someone else did the same thing with planes!

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#126589 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h
I visit Atheist websites so that I can learn what makes a fool tick..........
Looking for a rebuttal for your ignorance ? You can't debate without it? Huh.? WWJD? Get on the internet and let that be your guide to truth .. sum up what everyone thinks in one twisted site. How clever.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#126590 Mar 18, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
I don't value your writtings and I don't like your ideas of mine.
Lets just leave it at that. I would like to only write posts to those who would like to read them not to the baser sort that like to put my words down to their ways of thinking. I prefer to be like Yeshua - Jesus not like you.
Thanks for confessing they are your words and not of a god. You don't want your words to be tested and yet that is what the bybull tells a unbeliever to do, it says to test the messenger.

You have been schooled by atheist every day on this post. You should be grateful. Stick around and the spell your my vanish.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#126591 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing you are pulling apart is the hairs on your head, trying to figure out ,by deceitful means, how to get out of the embroglio your faith has got you into.
Did you take my advice and look up what the atheist lawsuit states on the Patheos" Atheist website. Page 11 article 47...Blew your intentional lie right out of the water
KABOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMM
You really shouldn't lie you know:

1.) It makes the little baby Jesus cry

2.) You'll be thrown into the Lake of Fire.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#126592 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Your anger and angst caused by the embroglio your religion has got you into is causing the veins in your head to pop and to resort to using obscene langusge in your postings.
You aare on the verge of a nervous breakdown and from being banned yet once again.
Read the lawsuit, though it will cause you pain and anguish, you will at least,for the first time come face to face with the truth , unbearable as that might be
page11 article 47
"The plaintiffs,and each of them,have suffered and are suffering and will continue to suffer
damages, both physical and emotional,from the existence of the Challenged Cross.
named plaintiffs ,have suffered,inter alia, dysdepsia,symptoms of depression,headaches ,anxiety and mental pain and anguish
Notice, Existence of the challenged cross is given as the reason , if they felt they needed to add further reasons to justify their position, is not the issue.
They are claiming that their problem is caused by the existence of the challenged cross , then they name the maladies that the cross is causing them...... Those are the facts....Read them and weep
Now, stop torturing yourself
Bullshit

The reason is clearly stated as:

""Named plaintiffs have suffered, inter alia, dyspepsia, symptoms of depression, headaches, anxiety, and mental pain and anguish from the knowledge that they are made to feel officially
excluded from the ranks of citizens who were directly injured by the 9/11 attack and the lack of acknowledgement of the more than 1,000 non-Christian individuals who were killed at the World Trade Center."

Caught out yet again by your lies
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#126593 Mar 19, 2014
correction for post #126590
"the spell you're under may vanish."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mikes Critter Castle (Feb '10) 3 min Will not return 137
Trump In Trouble 26 min b arnold 9
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 52 min More Trump Lies 36,156
OFFICIAL: Trump's Manafort worked for Putin 1 hr Joey 8
ane bias 2 hr ANE buffoon 11
Ashley Brown's campaign lies 2 hr Unbelievable 12
Airport Board Once Again FAILS to Meet v2.0 2 hr Take the Oath 17
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 3 hr More Trump Lies 4,042

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages