Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 158073 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

pat

London, KY

#119643 Dec 27, 2013
SistaAssumeYa

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119644 Dec 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
What I do NOT have any faith in however-are witch hunting types, as I find that type of thing to be deplorable.
Judge not lest one be judged and all.
You mean like this?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#119645 Dec 27, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to your inherentt lying,misleading and intentionally deceitfull MO , as you have clearly demonstrated ,here is some reliable evidence regarding Atheist Leader and activist Staak Rosch.
I know that his article dealt a HUGE BLOW to your low moral code and showed atheists to be what they really are,calloused,uncaring,immoral and unwilling to face the truth about their unconscionable behaviour
Duqurttte and Witchetty have given us a clear picture of your moral code , where each person decides judges , based on their self interest ,right from wrong.
Therefore Witchetty has judged herself to have never committed an act for which she needs be ashamed.
Duquette made the claim that if an Atheist does not perceive something to be wrong , then it is not wrong.
And we know about your intentional mischaracterization of what is written in the bible
and intentional misrepresentation of the opinions of others.
Staak was right ,He stated the problem with suicide and depression within the Atheist community ,,,He stated the causes and Made it plain that Atheists would not confront these problems....As they continue to deny suck problems exist...
So what do you do? you try to kill the messenger,Staak Rosch is an Atheist leader in Philadelphia , that you want to deny him because his message shows how calloused and immoral Atheists are , does nothing to detract from his leadership.
His leadership is not the issue anyway . You are USING THAT AS A SMOKESCREEN.
The problem is ,Suicide and Depression in the Atheist Community and it's causes.
Those who are deconverted face some very serious mental issues that are caused by their deconversion and Atheists are plainly attempting to keep that information from becoming public
What kind of leader only gets seven results when you do a search on Google?

Admit that you're lying and then I'll consider the rest of your one-sided rant.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119646 Dec 27, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Go fluck yourself you pos Hypocrite.
Sorry, I am FAR more civilized than that animalisTic crap, nasty, Fox news hating bigot.

Cambridge, UK

#119647 Dec 27, 2013
Curious wrote:
Here ,get to know him and cease and desist on your lying ways
Showing results for atheism has a problem with suicide,,staks rosch
Web Results
Atheism Has A Suicide Problem - Dangerous Talk | Dangerous Talk
www.skepticink.com/dangeroustalk/.../atheism-... ...- Similar to Atheism Has A Suicide Problem - Dangerous Talk | Dangerous Talk
Posted by Staks Rosch on Oct 11, 2012 in Atheism, depression | 56 comments ... There is a Christianity demonized nudity, sex and sexuality?... http://twitter.com/DangerousTalk Staks Rosch .... about how to live this life, and how to embrace life, and how to deal with death.
[ More results from www.dangeroustalk.net ]
Pope Francis Says Atheists Who Do Good Are Redeemed, Not Just ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../pope-francis-good-... ...- Similar to Pope Francis Says Atheists Who Do Good Are Redeemed, Not Just ...
May 22, 2013 ... Pope Francis rocked some religious and atheist minds today when he ... "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics.... I encourage everyone to reflect on the problem of thrown away and wasted .... Staks Rosch: Dear Pope, Atheists Don't Need Redemption.
Agnostic - Huffington Post
www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/agnostic
Thom Senzee. Coming from a WASPy, mixed-faith, yet significantly agnostic and atheist, intellectual (and admittedly ... Staks Rosch | Posted 12.16.2012 | Politics.
[
Atheist support for Obama down significantly - National ...
www.examiner.com/.../atheist-support-for-obam... ...- Similar to Atheist support for Obama down significantly - National ...
Jun 27, 2012 ... Obama really does have an atheist problem this election cycle and if he wants to remain ... Staks Rosch · Top Commenter · Works at National Atheist Examiner ..... Additionally, it would be political suicide to promote athiesm.
Oral1.jpg. Staks RoschPhiladelphia Atheism Examiner ... Atheism 101: Why has Christianity demonized nudity, sex and sexuality? Atheism 101: Does ... To answer your question: Death is sad for Christians because it is a separation. Someone ...
[ More results from www.examiner.com ]
Ah, it's "Staks" - not, as you said before "Staak". Well, I still haven't heard of him and he's certainly no leader.

Admit that you were just making that bit about him being a leader up. In other words - you lied. More lies for Jesus, eh?

How many atheists have committed suicide in the last ten years?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119648 Dec 27, 2013
pat wrote:
<quoted text>
...LOL, your convinced I'm a pagan. Irony, I tell ya. Your so smart.
What I do NOT have any faith in however-are witch hunting types, as I find that type of thing to be deplorable.
Judge not lest one be judged and all.

---

And Just FYI, that was a "broad range generalization"...ie: MY opinion on stuff.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119649 Dec 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I am FAR more civilized than that animalisTic crap, nasty, Fox news hating bigot.
Which one of your personas answers to that description?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119650 Dec 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, unfortunately I do.
http://FoxNewscreationmuseum.org/
Hollyweird and whine...the land of lots of fake and phony!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119652 Dec 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one of your personas answers to that description?
There's only one.
No matter how you might try to twist and distort otherwise

Sorry about your luck on that LAME deflection :-).

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119653 Dec 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only one.
No matter how you might try to twist and distort otherwise
Sorry about your luck on that LAME deflection :-).
I thought maybe you had another alter ego like BrothaDependentMinority or something. I don't bother to keep up with them
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119654 Dec 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought maybe you had another alter ego like BrothaDependentMinority or something. I don't bother to keep up with them
Nope.

(glad to hear it...being that pointless pettiness can be so petty!)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#119655 Dec 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So does that mean if you goggle me and get several pages I'm a leader too? Kewl.... My Mamma always ways wanted me to be a leader..... Now I are one......
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119656 Dec 27, 2013
pat wrote:
<quoted text>
...LOL, your convinced I'm a pagan. Irony, I tell ya. Your so smart.
and PS: tThat little "lesson" of that old game for kids, was experienced by myself personally--about circa mid 1960's--learned of at about the same 5th grade age/level...in Girl Scouts.

As in WAY...WAY.... way(!) before any of that thar organized, institutional type "college" learnink stuff

lol.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#119658 Dec 27, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I began studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses in 1964 and was baptized in 1972. I don't know what you atheists believe and really don't care to know!
I'm sorry we don't preach condemnation of other churches...we publish what the Bible says and believe 2 Timothy 3:16,17. If everyone believed that then there would only be one religion'
I have no idea on your last question. After all we are all human and are subject to make mistakes some serious ones. I don't know what you are about or what you are after. King David committed some serious sins. I really don't quite understand your question. If you are an ashiest as you claim I cannot see what your interest is.
You need to have a serious study with Jehovah's Witnesses. After all it is free of charge and with no obligation.. Have you tried www.jw.org .?
If everyone believed in the Koran, their would only be one religion. The statement is nonsense.
So you do not care what atheists believe? Guess you are just here to evangelize and not have a conversation. It shows your mind is closed, and makes the point that was accused of you. Are your parents of the Christian belief?
And I am curious, why did it take eight years for you to be baptized?
Unlike yourself, I really want to know what others think and believe.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119659 Dec 27, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Those of us with a moral compass can make correct ethical decisions.
Those who have to look in an old book of myths have a difficult time of it.
They feel they can do whatever they want to, then ask for forgiveness.
Ever heard the old saying, "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission?"
It's likely written on the inside cover of every babble.
Those with a self proclaimed moral compass ,based on their personal desires and self interest,
who proclaim their self righteousness in spite of their corrupt human nature, are a cancer to the wellbeing of their community and humanity.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119660 Dec 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in any santa claus with a majikal sleigh--that is for small childen.
So please pardon if some of us prefer to give hard working people the actual REALITY credit they deserve for doing what they do.
Did I accuse you of believing in Santa? Nope, so your childish rant was pointless as usual. I ask again, did you put up your Yule decorations? I know it is hard, if not impossible for you to answer simple questions. Got something to hide?
The reality is, Christians put up Yule decorations in ignorance.

Cambridge, UK

#119661 Dec 27, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Those with a self proclaimed moral compass ,based on their personal desires and self interest,
who proclaim their self righteousness in spite of their corrupt human nature, are a cancer to the wellbeing of their community and humanity.
Ah yes, we've been here before.

We know that homosexuals and people who have different views to you are included in your definition of "cancer".

We also know how you that you think the mass execution of these people is a good thing.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119662 Dec 27, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Pat of London, KY
More about Christmas.
First it is absolutely not Jesus' birthday. He was born nowhere near December 25th.That was the first lie and the worst one. I copied this from our "Reasoning" book Illustration: Suppose a crowd come to a gentleman’s home saying they are there to celebrate his birthday. He does not favor the celebration of birthdays. He does not like to see people overeat or get drunk or engage in loose conduct. But some of them do all those things, and they bring presents for everyone there except him! On top of all that, they pick the birthday of one of the man’s enemies as the date for the celebration. How would the man feel? Would you want to be a party to it? This is exactly what is being done by Christmas celebrations.( Page 179 of the book "Reasoning From the Scriptures" publisher by Jehovah's Witnesses.)
It is believed this date,December 25th. Was actually the the birthday of Nimrod (Noah's great grandson) who set himself up in opposition of Jehovah and he was the founder of Babylon and the builder of the tower of Babylon. If that is the case you can imagine what an insult that would be to Jesus. Evidently neither Jehovah or Jesus want Jesus' birth day celebrated or they would have been sure to state the exact day in the Bible so there would be no confusion as to when he was born.(The date of his last supper is recorded in the Bible)
Another reason is the Santa Claus lie he takes God's place at Christmas time. Think about it; who really sees everything we do but who is supposed to see "if we have been good or bad" at Christmas time? The Santa Claus story is a lie.That is so offensive when one learns the truth .My Dad worked in the Coal Mines for a living. He had serious health problems,Asthma,heart problems,emphysema and rock dust and black lung. He had a heart attack and died at the young age of 40. When I think of how he had to work under those conditions to support his family and when Christmas came I would get gifts signed from Santa Claus. So this imaginary person that did not exist got the credit for the gifts that my Dad worked so hard to provide for us...it makes me so mad yet to know I had been lied to and my Dad did not get as much as aThank You for all the hard work he had to do to be able to get us something for Christmas and this phony person got all of the credit. That is enough to make me not want to celebration Christmas although there are many more reasons.
Thanks for your post. At least some will find out Jehovah' Witnesses are not the only ones who know the truth about all of the falsehood associated with Christmas
It is sad that people work so hard building a good society and life for their family, then someone else gets thanked for it all. I am pointing to the constant thanks Christians give Jesus for things he had nothing to do with.
People even thank him for the food they eat, yet all the hard workers who actually grew, harvested, transported, and did all the real things to get that food to you, get no appreciation. Not to mention, the real fathers that work so hard to pay for that food. They so often get the short end of the stick and Jesus gets all the glory.
Heck, Jesus gets the majority share of the glory when presents and food are presented. The hard working fathers are stuck behind Jesus and Santa for the credit.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119663 Dec 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The kind of leader that only gets 7 results when you google him is the leader that you intentionally attempt to deny with your lies and evasive tactics.
The truths that he has made public about your baseless ignominious faith is more than you can handle and are still attempting to deny.
I posted all the evidence necessary to destroy your cunning ,deceptive and misleading MO.
And Yes , He is a Leader in spite of your futile denials
Your insidious and treacherous search for that which is not true has been brought out in the open , The evidence clearly points that out , but , those that are bound and determined to continue their lying ways will not relent ,as they sink deeper and deeper into the quagmire they have dug for themselves.
One of your Atheist friends may well attempt tp throw you a lifeline ,but,to no avail,you are sinking faster than an overweight rock that is thrown into a bottomless hole.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119664 Dec 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow..what a coincidence...I personally did that same "lesson" of common sense, with a group of fifth grade girls once, bless their hearts, so they could see how damaging wagging tongues of ignorance can be. There was No denying the TRUTH for them once we completed it.
Only difference being- I actually DID it--no pretending, no made up lies-just actual the REAL reality of having been there and done it-- with one sentence, written on a piece paper, so not only could they HEAR how WRONG the statement was by the time it was WRONGLY repeated at the "end of the line" had been, but they could also SEE it as well.
And they did, because even fifth graders have capabilities to think and process for themselves, independently!!!!!!!!!!
And yet billions of people still thing the oral stories of the bible were put to paper and bound in one book in a perfect, flawless manner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 14 min Kyboy 3,610
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 22 min Hoe Down 35,617
Trump Health Care 3 hr Traveler 11
white sissy boy needs c#ock 5 hr Gator 4
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 9,201
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 6 hr Princess Hey 26,679
Hypocrite McConnell 6 hr Hypocrit McTurtle 5
Pea and Wee PLLC 6 hr Amy 22

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages