Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,458

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#119395 Dec 21, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Dear ChromiuMan,
Again my I please ask a favor of you? Please do not continue to connect Curious and YaA with Known Fact. as there is no connection. Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas therefore we cannot be guilty of the things you accuse us of connected with Christmas!
Thank You
A Cult is a Cult is a Cult is a Cult is a Cult is a Cult ........

Most Cultist don't think their Cult is a Cult....
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#119396 Dec 21, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You could start a chant, "Cultie, cult cult.
You should understand there is little difference between the word cult and the word sect. Look them up in a dictionary and then come back with your comments. The reason I bring this to your attention is because Jesus' followers were referred to as the sect of the Nazarene. So when you call Jehovah's Witnesses a cult it is intended as an insult instead you put us into good company!
Again there is no connection between Curious, YAa and Jehovah's Witnesses ! Please acknowledge that fact.
"Known Fact"
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#119397 Dec 21, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Dear ChromiuMan,
Again my I please ask a favor of you? Please do not continue to connect Curious and YaA with Known Fact. as there is no connection. Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas therefore we cannot be guilty of the things you accuse us of connected with Christmas!
Thank You
Or if you can't honor this request then at least don't get us confused!
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#119398 Dec 21, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Cultie, Cult,Cult...Cultie cult cult ,,, cultie Cult, cult ... Cultie, Cult, Cult. Now I've got a chant started for you,,,, You can take it from you.
If you insist that we are a CULT then what would it take to rid our self of that title????
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#119399 Dec 21, 2013
Correction:

Cultie, Cult,Cult...Cultie cult cult ,,, cultie Cult, cult ... Cultie, Cult, Cult. Now I've got a chant started for you,,,, You can take it from here.
If you insist that we are a CULT then what would it take to rid our self of that title????
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#119400 Dec 21, 2013
"Quantummist",
Do you even know what is the definition of the word CULT?
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#119401 Dec 21, 2013
"Quantummist",
Really what is a CULT????? And if we are a cult, then what are you?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#119402 Dec 21, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No , I am more interested in Staak Rosch's confession that suicide and depression atr a big problem within the Atheist community and that Atheists will not admit to that fact. The question is,Why are Atheists so reluctant to admit what is obvious to those of the Atheist faith?
What are they hiding and why?
Is it because they don't want the general public to become aware of the maladies that affect those who deconvert after their deconversion?
Is it because it may show that they are abusing the right of freedom of religion?
After all , if it can be shown that deconversion can lead to suicide ,suicidial tendencies and depression ,among other maladies , wouldn't the government need to step in and investigate
in order to protect the general public?
Wouldn't the government , at the very least, demand that the innocent and uninformed victims be given full and fair disclosure of the consecuences of their actions and not the misleading , inaccurate and nonfactual opinions currently used by Atheists?
Very interesting indeed ,why Atheists are reluctant to discuss these issues...
What issues?

Someone's opinion?

De-conversion leads to death by suicide?

Right you are; carry on - the floor is yours..........
Zombie Cult

Vine Grove, KY

#119403 Dec 21, 2013
Most atheists use science and logic to arrive at their conclusion that no gods exist. The religious use faith. Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is denial of observation so that belief may be preserved.
Atheism is a "faith" like "off" is a TV channel. How much faith do you need to know that there is no Easter Bunny or that there are no leprechauns? Imbecile.

"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." - Mark Twain

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#119404 Dec 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
They still had to kill thousands of other Christians to end slavery. I agree that slavery is evil and there is no justification for it. This will probably annoy curious again because he sees the slavery in the Bible as being a great and wonderful thing....
Not all change is easy and peaceful. Don't you know about the book of Exodus from the bible? That entire book is anti-slavery, about the emancipation of the Jews from Egyptian slavery.

#119405 Dec 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
"Quantummist",
Really what is a CULT????? And if we are a cult, then what are you?
Against cult's... And as i said, Cultist never think their cult is a cult but as much at they wiggle and twist a cult is a cult is a cult...

1 : formal religious veneration : worship
2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad
b : the object of such devotion
c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

#119406 Dec 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Correction:
Cultie, Cult,Cult...Cultie cult cult ,,, cultie Cult, cult ... Cultie, Cult, Cult. Now I've got a chant started for you,,,, You can take it from here.
Stop being one... or stop being in one.... it's really that simple...

No one at Jones Town thought they were in a Cult.... Havens Gate members never thought they were in a Cult.... the assorted religions that venerate, pray to and follow assorted people places or things never think that their cult is a cult ....

Just get on with your life and accept that you are in a cult and are by definition a cultist and life can go on normally for you....

Nottingham, UK

#119407 Dec 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not all change is easy and peaceful. Don't you know about the book of Exodus from the bible? That entire book is anti-slavery, about the emancipation of the Jews from Egyptian slavery.
Exodus is anti slavery? I don't know, maybe it was.

However, I thought Christians went with the NT rather than the OT?

"All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that Godís name and our teaching may not be slandered."

1 Timothy 6:1

"Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh."

1 Peter 2:18

In any event. Exodus tells us that in order to show off his power, God killed thousands of innocent people.

We read in Exodus about the various occasions when God hardens Pharaoh's heart.

What would you think about someone who manipulated events so that he could carry out acts of mass murder and then boast about it?

I wouldn't praise such a person. Would you?

#119408 Dec 22, 2013
Now this is Really Zeny..... Me at the Goose Lake Music Festival in Michigan 1970... ran across it on line and was amazed I was ever that young...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RDepzDQuvp...

Nottingham, UK

#119409 Dec 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Now this is Really Zeny..... Me at the Goose Lake Music Festival in Michigan 1970... ran across it on line and was amazed I was ever that young...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RDepzDQuvp...
Great photo, Q!

Can you remember any of the bands that played?

#119410 Dec 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Great photo, Q!
Yup... Chicago, Joe Cocker, SRC, Savoy Brown, Jethro Tull, Mountain, Savage Grace, Bob Seger, Alice Cooper, 10 Years After, Jon Sebastian, 3rd Power, Brownsville Station, Flying Burrito Brothers , John Drake, James Gang, MC5, The Stooges, Suite Charity, Flock, Mighty Quick, Frost, Frigid Pink and about a dozen other local groups that I never really knew the names of....

I had wondered for ever if there were ever any photo's taken of out Beer And Wine Peace Symbol we built over the 3 days of the gig... And was just flipping through links and found this photo... Brought back many memories... We had 250,000 people there and to actually run across a pic with me in it was a big surprise...

#119411 Dec 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Great photo, Q!
I even remember that Acid was fifty cents a hit and pot was 5 bucks a "Lid"... 3 fingers in a baggy... About 3/4 ounce ...

#119412 Dec 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Great photo, Q!
But Joe Cocker and Alice Cooper didn't show up... I did enjoy Lesley West beating Iggy Pop with his Guitar because the little twerp jumped on his back...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119413 Dec 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Dear ChromiuMan,
Thank You
Yes, I know about that Peter, celebrating birthdays was a Roman thing. The connections I was referencing are far deeper and as intertwined as cocoon silk.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#119414 Dec 22, 2013
Luke
2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the
field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
2:9 And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory
of the Lord shone around them; and they were in great fear.
2:10 And the angel said to them, Fear not: for behold, I bring
you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people.
2:11 For to you is born this day, in the city of David, a
Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
2:12 And this [shall be] a sign to you; Ye shall find the babe
wrapped in swaddling-clothes, lying in a manger.
2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the
heavenly host praising God, and saying,
2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will
towards men.
Thank you Father, you gave the first Christmas present...Jesus!
Amen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min Another Vet 13,322
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 10 min Musikologist 22,732
Word Association (Aug '11) 15 min Jennifer Renee 5,248
$$127,400. wow 23 min recession 1
State rep and mine inspector indicted on briber... 58 min umg psc coverup 19
What is the reason that the BOE elections are s... 1 hr district 4 46
Pikeville to Annex Elkhorn City 1 hr Donnie Be Good 8
LITAFIK Wins DEBATE 3 hr Propane Prop Plane 23
The R & R Show (Roger Johnson & Ralph Kilgore) 10 hr Shew 23
Pikeville Dating