Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156562 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119088 Dec 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Suicide bombing would likely be greatly reduced. Holy wars would be no more. We could teach science.
The divider called religion would be no more. Families would not be torn apart due to disagreements on what sect to be a member of.
Duhmmy..greed, power tripping, land grabbing, kingduhm envying etc...are NOTHING holy.
N-O-T-H-I-N-G holy about that kind of corruption at all.

See how twisted you get stuff sometimes?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119089 Dec 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Sista, do you see anything dangerous about the words Curious wrote here? He is directly advocating making the swaying of ones god as crime.
I keep pointing to Deuteronomy 13 and you guys scoff as if it will never happen here in America, yet I see curious pointing in that direction now.
Okay since you asked...

I interpreted it to read more along the lines of recanting a reading of some sort along the lines of "those who for no other reason than to propagate the selfish, self serving desire, that all people disbelieve as they do, just to suit themselves, tend to be a lot more miserable and wretched, and perhaps then those same types, should be held accountable for the misery they intentionally inflict on others, just to suit their own selfish selves."

Kind of like...COMMUNISTS.

NO to COMMUNISM. This is America!!!!!
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119090 Dec 17, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
You had a chance to meet with me and talk honestly face to face.
You were afraid and still are.
I don't owe you anything.
If you want to know where I am, figure it out yourself.
If you show up on the corner, I'll recognize you by the "clueless, nuts and spam" symbols hovering over your head.
I long ago figured out where you are, in the land of fools and the sea of loneliness , cruising on the Ship of Fools heading for the Artic Ocean,hoping to find the promised land on some decomposing iceberg.
The truth is that there is no corner and no such event.
Fictional events such as your concoction and that of Dukett and his uncle's imaginary funeral
are not serious topics for intelligent discussion And you are right,you have learned much from these Atheists,,,gibberish ,nonsense and how to concoct imaginary events intended to be used a aself proclamation of your intelligence or lack thereof.
I know you by the fact that you are mentally fueled by mind altering drugs ,alcohol and hallucigenic mushrooms
It's a good thing your broom is outfitted with a GPS or you'd never find your way home.
LOL Hey,you still decorating Christmas trees for a living?
That's another reason I know you are lying, if all you say were true, your job as a Christmas tree decorator would shrivel up like the wicked witch of the west when the house fell on her.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the memories LOL

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119091 Dec 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I don't want to bust your bubble...but everything we teach comes from the Bible and we are cautioned, "DON'T GO BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN!"
Hey, it's not MY bubble, and you haven't busted out of your own yet..
You constantly cut and paste from "what is written", but it's written by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119092 Dec 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
My name is not Peter you have me confused with someone else.
Why don't you ask them if they are one of Jehovah's Witnesses and if they answer NO THEN THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH EVIDENCE OR TO PROVE TO YOU WE ARE NOT CONECTED!
Look Peter, I don't have you confused with another and I really don't care what you call your denomination, sect or cult. You can nay-say it all you want, but the simple fact is that you, YaA and curious are like 3 peas in a padded pod... Rub a dub dub!
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119093 Dec 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You see worshipping a golden calf as a crime, and you see converting someone to atheism as a crime.
The bible has warped your mind to dangerous levels.
Religious freedom is dangerous. I guess you are to chicken shit to deal with the freedoms this country values most.
Religious freedom can be abused by the foolish whose moral values are nonexistent.
If you are going to comvert one of your victims , knowing full well that the victim in question may well develop symptoms of suicide , severe depression ,addiction to alcohol ,drugs or other mental maladies ,as a result of their conversion, feeling lonely ,abandoned ,depressed and ostracized and you do not advice them of these consecuences,Do you not believe such is a criminal act , or at the very least,highly immoral?
Obviously you don't and because you are abusing the intent of the law , knowing full well you will not be punished for your calloused and immoral behaviour , under the guise of freedom of religion you can easily look the other way.
That does not change the fact that you should be charged with a crime or of having no morals,where the ends justify the means.......
Go cry on someone else's shoulder. I am more concerned about the well being of Atheists than you will evr be.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119094 Dec 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay since you asked...
I interpreted it to read more along the lines of recanting a reading of some sort along the lines of "those who for no other reason than to propagate the selfish, self serving desire, that all people disbelieve as they do, just to suit themselves, tend to be a lot more miserable and wretched, and perhaps then those same types, should be held accountable for the misery they intentionally inflict on others, just to suit their own selfish selves."
That is an exceptionally great interpretation of what I said. Matter of fact ,you said it WAYYYYYY better that I did.
Muchas Gracisa , sista

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#119095 Dec 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cunning and deceptive , your insering the word swaying into the conversation.
I am not talking about swaying of one's god as a crime.
I am talking about making the unsuspecting public aware of the consecuences of deconverting,which Atheists fail to advise their prospective victims.
They are told that they will be freed from religious dogma.
BUT, they are not told that some of those who deconvert will commit suicide,or suffer severe depression ,or become drug or alcohol addicts.
They are not told of the horrendous effects this decision can have on them or their families.
Staak Rosch claimed that Atheists are in denial of these horrible effects,they look the other way as if this were not really a problem.
I believe Moses well understood these effects and the only solution was to eradicate this cancer from the midst of the congregation,which you find offensive.
That does not say much or rather ,says it all about the nonmoral code to which you adhere..But you already knew that.
You are still saying what I am doing is a crime. I am trying to sway you from your god, and I am not warning you of any or all possible consequences.
Well I guess the constitution is something working against your wishes.

Freedom of religion has its dangers. It is not for chicken shits like yourself, your god, or Moses.

Side note, please learn to spell consequence. You have spelled it wrong about a hundred times now.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119096 Dec 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Jesus said at Matthew 24:14 .And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. When the end comes no amount of education will be of any benefit.
One young girl said, "it's like polishing brass on a sinking ship"
We know how the bible has little respect for education. Now why are you bragging about it?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119097 Dec 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so wrong! Jeremiah 10:23 was written by Jeremiah under inspiration and was not influenced by the Watchtower.
I had one woman try to convince me that is why God created woman was because man cannot direct his step.
That is a twist on why we don't seek higher education! I never finished the 10th grade and have made it very well as I am now 76 years old. My son-in- law is a computer technician and learned his trade through a correspondence course. My daughter was a Medical Transcriptionist for 15 years and learned her trade at the local community college. She is now a pharmacy technician and went to school for that. We do not feel that a lot of secular education is any security as Jesus said at Matthew 24:14 . &#8239;And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. When the end comes no amount of education will be of any benefit.
Can I add this post to the list of why ending the belief of god would be good?
It is bad enough you are a high school dropout, but encouraging kids to not seek higher education is a harm to society.
I am sure Sista has her blinders on right now.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119098 Dec 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so wrong! Jeremiah 10:23 was written by Jeremiah under inspiration and was not influenced by the Watchtower.
I had one woman try to convince me that is why God created woman was because man cannot direct his step.
That is a twist on why we don't seek higher education! I never finished the 10th grade and have made it very well as I am now 76 years old. My son-in- law is a computer technician and learned his trade through a correspondence course. My daughter was a Medical Transcriptionist for 15 years and learned her trade at the local community college. She is now a pharmacy technician and went to school for that. We do not feel that a lot of secular education is any security as Jesus said at Matthew 24:14 . &#8239;And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. When the end comes no amount of education will be of any benefit.
And we should listen to this young girl who has no hope for the morrow?
Talk about being a nihilist.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119099 Dec 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
If you continually and repeatedly dwell in darkness upon what you know to be vile, you are of a twisted mind.
If you continually ignorantly try to mold others into some sort of delusional and warped persona, and percieve thier thoughts to be the same as yours-- just to suit your OWN opinion, then YOUR mind is twisted.
Not everyone thinks as warpedly as you Duquette, is that so hard for you to comprehend?
And who is dwelling? We simply pointed out the bible is full of dark things, and you disagreed like the blind person you are.

All the bible does it try to do what you claim here is twisted. It is the main goal of all religions. Yet you give them a pass. Clearly due to bias. But I expect nothing more from you as your only consistency is a double standard.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119100 Dec 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on YOU--for propagating (only) YOUR vile interpretation-MR.
Well if the direct order demanding you to kill anyone, even if it is your brother or sister, who tries to sway you from your god as something other than what I said, great. Not sure how you spin it, but I am glad you do not follow it as written.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119101 Dec 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL If I were to get bagged ,just making that assumption , for the sake of argument ,first,it would not be by someone like you , hiding behind your computer in Death Valley'
Secondly , It would not be by an Atheist, such as Hitchens , as he would be too drunk or Timothy Leary as he would be tripping out on a wide assortment of drugs.
Dawkins is out of the question,he is very sissified...
So,whom do you have in mind who would be foolish enough to attempt this feat? LOL
"sissified"? At least Dawkins is not scared of religious freedom, as you are, your god is, and Moses clearly was.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119102 Dec 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Duhmmy..greed, power tripping, land grabbing, kingduhm envying etc...are NOTHING holy.
N-O-T-H-I-N-G holy about that kind of corruption at all.
See how twisted you get stuff sometimes?
Go back to that little bubble where religion is harmless.
The landgrabbers use god to get the sheep to do their bidding. Example, Moses conquering the holy land.
I can agree, their is nothing holy about it, but it sure is religion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119103 Dec 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay since you asked...
Well Curious actually used the words, criminally charged. Now you would interpret this somehow to be something entirely different than anything curious actually said, as you do have a twisted mind.

Did you know their are some religious groups who live a communist lifestyle. Are they in the label you just portrayed?

And I knew you would come through with a double standard. As I am sure you do not see the Christians here as trying to impose their views upon us.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119104 Dec 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious freedom can be abused by the foolish whose moral values are nonexistent.
If you are going to comvert one of your victims , knowing full well that the victim in question may well develop symptoms of suicide , severe depression ,addiction to alcohol ,drugs or other mental maladies ,as a result of their conversion, feeling lonely ,abandoned ,depressed and ostracized and you do not advice them of these consecuences,Do you not believe such is a criminal act , or at the very least,highly immoral?
Obviously you don't and because you are abusing the intent of the law , knowing full well you will not be punished for your calloused and immoral behaviour , under the guise of freedom of religion you can easily look the other way.
That does not change the fact that you should be charged with a crime or of having no morals,where the ends justify the means.......
Go cry on someone else's shoulder. I am more concerned about the well being of Atheists than you will evr be.
"The crime of having no morals"? You would have been well suited for the witch burning generation.
Our founding fathers put an end to that nonsense and made our secular constitution to ensure your nutty kind they could no longer make such laws.
You have made it very clear you feel swaying you from your god should be considered a crime.
If you are concerned about the well being of atheists, try not to insist their be laws on what we say.

Do you model your values on the system of Iran? It is certainly the most anti American thing I have heard in some time.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119105 Dec 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cunning and deceptive , your insering the word swaying into the conversation.
I am not talking about swaying of one's god as a crime.
I am talking about making the unsuspecting public aware of the consecuences of deconverting,which Atheists fail to advise their prospective victims.
They are told that they will be freed from religious dogma.
BUT, they are not told that some of those who deconvert will commit suicide,or suffer severe depression ,or become drug or alcohol addicts.
They are not told of the horrendous effects this decision can have on them or their families.
Staak Rosch claimed that Atheists are in denial of these horrible effects,they look the other way as if this were not really a problem.
I believe Moses well understood these effects and the only solution was to eradicate this cancer from the midst of the congregation,which you find offensive.
That does not say much or rather ,says it all about the nonmoral code to which you adhere..But you already knew that.
Please be specific, what is this non moral code you think I adhere to?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119106 Dec 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you act as if this study you keep referring to is spot on. You constantly demean all studies of science, until you find one that suits your purposes. How convenient.
And if someone realizes the god they were told is real for all their lives is a fraud, seems to me the people who convinced them of the false god should have some blame here if it causes some psychological trauma. Kind of like when kids find out Santa is a lie. It is psychologically traumatic for some.
I always advocate learning some other philosophies to people new to atheism. So in a sense, I am warning them the new realities can be traumatic. I recall being very specific about this to a few new to atheism or agnosticism.
None of this means atheism is bad, it simply means it is different than what the person is used to. Different can always be traumatic. Hell, reality can be traumatic. It is why so many wish to stay in the delusion of religion.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119107 Dec 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You are still saying what I am doing is a crime. I am trying to sway you from your god, and I am not warning you of any or all possible consequences.
Well I guess the constitution is something working against your wishes.
Freedom of religion has its dangers. It is not for chicken shits like yourself, your god, or Moses.
Side note, please learn to spell consequence. You have spelled it wrong about a hundred times now.
Yes, the constitution , in some cases, can be abused by some in order that with malice aforethought , and under the guise of freedom of religion , they can place their victims in an environment where they may pose a great threat to their wellbeing and that of others.
Freedom of religion is abused by Atheists whom,with no remorse ,fail to reveal to their prospective victims the inherent danger of deconversion, knowing full well that they will not be held accountable for their immoral misdeeds in this world and not believing that they will be held accountable after their deaths.
That is the behaviour of cowards , the mentally calloused and immoral personalities.
How I spell consecuences should not be of concern to you.

It will not lead me to contemplate suicide , become severely depressed or look to drown my
sorrows in drugs and alcohol
Las consecuencias del Ateismo son , el posible suicidio,depresion o convertirte en un alcoholico o addicto a las drogas.
The supposed mispelling of consequences is attributalble to my being multilingual.
It is neither immoral or criminal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Theifs 33 min Pinrut 9
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 37 min Uncle Tom 34,781
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 44 min Kyboy 3,540
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 7,517
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 26,464
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 2 hr Alex Nicole 8,827
Where is my job? 2 hr Pinrut 7
Election Recall 2 hr futue te ipsi 84
Brian Morris Said 8 hr Fluffy White 25

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages