Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163201 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#118962 Dec 15, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I say Atheists have no morality at all. You failed to address any of the facts I posted and went of in a tangent. 9/11 has nothing to do with Christianity ,
What part of this posting are you afraid to address? answer All of it.
Atheist morality , if there is such,is putrid.
The criticize the actions of Moses in eradicating the cancer brought into midst of the congregation by those who willfully refused to acknowledge their God , whom they knew had brought them out of Egypt and the bonds of slavery.
They posed athreat to the congregation as a whole,as stipulated by God.
Now , let us fast forward to today and analyze Atheist Morality , or lack thereof.
Staak Rosch, an Atheist activist tells us that Atheists are in denial of the situation surrounding deconversion.
He states that those who deconvert face some monumental problems,
They feel ostracized , lonely , lost and confusedwith no one to turn to for help.
As a result, they become suicidial " Staak states his belief that his close friend probably committed suicide as a result of his deconversion.
In order to combat their loneliness and depression , as a result of their deconversion, Atheists seek to remedy the situation by turning to drug and alcohol abuse.
Those with the courage to seek help , must now turn to those friends whose beliefs they abandoned or, continue their miserable existence,debating whether they should commit suicide or drown their sorrows in alcohol and drugs..
That is the LOVE that they claim to have for those who deconvert.
Though they may be attempting to erase the blght they have caused, there is no evidence to support it being succesful.
That some 25% of Atheists attend religious services and 20 % believe in God is a clear indication that they need look to God to solve their chaotic situation as Atheism is unable to help them.
The Atheists on this forum are reluctant to defend the basis for their beliefs that there is no God or Gods ,because their Faith and beliefs are
based on nonsense and gibberish,therefore indefensible.
I may disagree with someone's faith , but I will at least give them credit for having the courage to defend their faith.
To not be willing to defend one's faith clearly demonstrates how groundless that faith is. If it is not worth defending , it is worthless and not worth having.
Excuses and smokescreens are no defense , they are evasive tactics concocted by those with exceptionally low moral standards
So now you think all atheists have no morals at all? Yet we are not running around killing people randomly?
Do you even know what "moral", means?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118963 Dec 15, 2013
peten wrote:
<quoted text>
energy doesn't need a creator. it is uncreated.
your problem now is if energy is conscious and can you create something, in this case intelligence, from unintelligent, or nothing.
selection implies the ability to make a choice.
innate implies that something is born(created)with it. in this idea we are implying carried into
choice = selection
natural = innate = born
so why choose the unknown vs the unknown in evolution?
because intelligence is infinite; otherwise selection isn't possible.
MIND is infinite, the UNCAUSED CAUSE.
it has no form.
knowledge is power
MIND is the power
Do I need to point out all the absolute claims you made here?

And your claims imply the only way things can come together is through selection. That is an absolutely false claim.
Just to be clear, natural selection is only one part of evolution.

But it sure is nice to hear you use your own words and thoughts for a change.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118964 Dec 15, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are squirming like a worm on a hook.
You do not know that God or Gods do or do not exist.
You believe God or Gods do not exist , but can not prove it.
So you beliefs are based on faith , not evidence.
But you will not admit to that ,because to do so , would be to admit that you are unable to defend your faith and beliefs,,,,Case closed.
But let us take it a step further.
What I have claimed is that ID"GOD"" is the one responsible for creation , that God has always existed and is necessary. To believe otherwise I would have to accept that Nothing created something from Nothing, that I would be totally unable to explain,nor would I attempt to do so.
Since you do not agree with my beliefs , all I have asked all you Atheists is to present an alternative. You have stated it could be" Somerhing Else"
What that Something else might be ,you will not address because it is a smokescreen.
You don't have to agree with my beliefs but, you should have the courage to provide your alternative explanation , if you have one that you can defend.
Or you can simply state that you do not agree with my beliefs , but have no alternative to offer , as you are incapable of explaining how life,intelligence and consciousness can be accidentally created by natural means or that Something Else you have alluded to.
That is what all you "intelligent Atheists" as described by Spaceship , are unable to deal with and keep running away from.
So all your meaningless statements about YOUR self proclaimed logic , your ability to debate and your nailing people all boil down to meaningless expressions of self aggrandizemeent...
You need to find the courage to stand up and defend your faith and beliefs.
To now claim that you have no faith and beliefs , so as to avoid having to defend them ,is truly disgusting, but at least you are not alone.
I have repeatedly acknowledged the fact that the supernatural cannot be proved or disproved in any absolute manner. I cannot prove unicorns and leprechauns do not exist, yet I do not believe they exist. This is not the same as believing in a being that cannot be proved.
Is their any being you do not believe in? If so, can you prove it does not exist? If not, then you are like me and all atheists in this respect.
Do you believe in Thor or Zeus for example? Do you believe in the flying spaghetti monster?

All I can do is show you why I do not believe, and all you can do is show me why you believe.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118965 Dec 15, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an IDIOT.
Neither Science or Evolution can explain how life,intelligent and consciousness originated by natural means
They are unable to identify a causing agent,all they have are theories that have proven nonworkable..
You must have reached your delusional conclusions as a result of sniffing unsanitary glue , ingesting large quantities of promiscuous hallucigenic mushrooms topped off by a gallon of Kentucky moonshine , fermented with dow dung.
And yes , I am mocking you ,intentional ignorance an foolishness needa to be mocked wherever it rears it's ugly idiotic self.
I will not put you on ignore , I am looking for the " mentally disabled" button to click on.
LOL Baka Saru....
Civil?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118966 Dec 15, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen and thanks be to God for all those who believe. That's what the Bible in schools and prayer in schools would have given us the knowledge of.
So you want the bible in schools to teach religious superstitions?
Pretty sure everyone already knows religion claims the afterlife, pal.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118967 Dec 15, 2013
ananta wrote:
<quoted text>why teach children ethics and morals? why just teach materialism?
materialism doesn't make you happy.
doesn't make you creative.
simply makes you hoarder.
so why bury yourself. let someone else do it for you when your bodies vital functions cease to be.
is it your body? or is the body you?
For someone who seems to know a bit of philosophy, you clearly do not know what the term "materialism" means.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118968 Dec 15, 2013
serpen wrote:
John 21:15
So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
can be read also:
John 21:15
So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him,
Feed my christs
Luke 11:11
If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
i gave my life for this
spare the knowledge(rod) and ruin(spoil) a child
teach your children well
Micah 6:9
The Lord's voice crieth unto the city, and the man of wisdom shall see thy name:
###hear ye the rod,###
and who hath appointed it.
So knowledge is a rod?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118969 Dec 15, 2013
ophiuchus wrote:
<quoted text>fiction is already being taught in school under the guise of western science.
for example space is not empty. buddhist, hindus, gnostics all knew this and your western science finally agreed.
where is your indignation?
philosophy of some kind should be taught in school. it is because of the lack of such that hard sciences has created a preference for materialism in our society due to temporal facts being lauded as concrete reality.
Western science does not claim space is empty, it has energy within. Why do you lie about what science says? Why do you keep spitting on western science? It is how you we see what you have to say.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118970 Dec 15, 2013
borlung wrote:
<quoted text>there was nothing created that wasn't created from it
Isaiah 45:5
I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
it says I AM the lord
there is nothing else but I
there is no ABSOLUTE but me
I clothed you, i encircled you, i clothed you, i stitched your members,
and you have no idea who I AM
I AM that I AM
ehyeh asher ehyeh
you believe that there is GOD and GOD created something from nothing. it doesn't teach that. it says i created you from my own being
I AM comes from the idea of to be.
Contradicts your earlier claim on absolutes.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118971 Dec 15, 2013
kulkukan wrote:
<quoted text>why ask why?
to know
all good myths carry a moral to the story. this is that moral.
it's a human condition. children are inquisitive. self awareness is the foundation from which to propel something with the greatest force.
I AM the stuff of stars. I AM gonna shine.
Revelation 2:28
And I will give him the morning star.
Job 38:7
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
the son of man must be lifted up like the serpent in the desert instead of being crushed by his fellow man.
positive reinforcement
raise the child up right. raise the kundalini serpent up.
Matthew 10:42
And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
If it is understood as a myth, then the bad lessons within can be learned as such. Unfortunately, many think the book is absolute truth. This is the problem.
The absolute claims are usually the problem. See your contradictions.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#118972 Dec 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>For someone who seems to know a bit of philosophy, you clearly do not know what the term "materialism" means.
Not to mention he/she only recognizes one definition of Natural--there are several, and I showed him which of those meanings I was referring to in my post.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118973 Dec 15, 2013
ophiuchus wrote:
<quoted text>fiction is already being taught in school under the guise of western science.
for example space is not empty. buddhist, hindus, gnostics all knew this and your western science finally agreed.
where is your indignation?
philosophy of some kind should be taught in school. it is because of the lack of such that hard sciences has created a preference for materialism in our society due to temporal facts being lauded as concrete reality.
I certainly agree philosophy needs to be taught in public schools, but I think it is religion who is the one blocking it, not science.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#118974 Dec 15, 2013
I think that this 'Williamsburg, Ky' poster practices Buddhism or Hinduism.

At least that is what his comments and posts' are suggesting.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118975 Dec 15, 2013
kundalini wrote:
<quoted text>furthermore
facts that are taught as absolute reality are fiction
facts that don't exist in all places at all times are temporal things.
they come into existence and go out of existence; so then what is really existing and absolute?
obviously anything created because only the unbegotten is ABSOLUTE.
ABSOLUTE is ETERNAL
don't believe me? then know this
http://thesaurus.com/browse/absolute
http://etymonline.com/index.php...
Contradicts your earlier claims of absolute.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118976 Dec 15, 2013
kundalini wrote:
<quoted text>
fiction means something created, or invented, or begotten.
something basically transient, coming into imagination, and disappearing from mind.
thoughts are like that within the MIND. like clouds drifting across the sky, coming into existences and drifting out of existence into some other form..
http://etymonline.com/index.php...
you starting to feel me? you simply can't see the sky for the clouds.
u build it. i'll tear it down and what ever remains has to be the truth no matter how absurd it mite seem.
MIND is the builder, inventor, creator.
It might seem absurd, but "mite" being used here is certainly absurd.
I let it slide the first time, but I see you actually think it is the proper spelling. Sorry, it is bugging me like a mite.
shesha

Morehead, KY

#118978 Dec 15, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>For someone who seems to know a bit of philosophy, you clearly do not know what the term "materialism" means.
temporal facts are materialistic.

temporal is a synonym of materialistic

http://thesaurus.com/browse/temporal

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#118979 Dec 15, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
I think that this 'Williamsburg, Ky' poster practices Buddhism or Hinduism.
At least that is what his comments and posts' are suggesting.
Nah. I think he practices "I'm just so cool I don't have to make sense."

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#118980 Dec 15, 2013
shesha wrote:
<quoted text>temporal facts are materialistic.
temporal is a synonym of materialistic
http://thesaurus.com/browse/temporal
So it seems you have no idea how synonyms are use do ya.....

Here's a lesson you should have learned in 5th or 6th grade.... Synonyms are used in context of the sentence..... You can't just stick one into a sentence willy nilly without considering Context....

Why don't we all get naked and materialistic?

Has a far different intent than ..

Why don't we all get naked and physical?

or

Why don't we all get naked and civil?
piasa

Williamsburg, KY

#118982 Dec 16, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So it seems you have no idea how synonyms are use do ya.....
Here's a lesson you should have learned in 5th or 6th grade.... Synonyms are used in context of the sentence..... You can't just stick one into a sentence willy nilly without considering Context....
Why don't we all get naked and materialistic?
Has a far different intent than ..
Why don't we all get naked and physical?
or
Why don't we all get naked and civil?
synonyms are used en lieu of another word conveying the same idea.

it's that simple.

temporal facts are materialistic.

material facts are temporal.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/syn...
vasuki

Williamsburg, KY

#118983 Dec 16, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. I think he practices "I'm just so cool I don't have to make sense."
unfortunate for you, i'm not asking you to convert to cool. if i were cool, you wouldn't be so hot.

small minds gossip about people to other people when they have no defense. your logic is considered an ad hominem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jackie Wayne Price from lookout (Aug '09) 1 hr Billy 30
Does God hate hillbillies 2 hr What ig 2
Pmc affairs 2 hr Mr Clean 10
News What to do with a former coal mine? Make it a s... 4 hr The Donald 1
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 5 hr investigate inves... 4,388
Tonya Barefoot 6 hr Post Watching 1
William Armon Varnet 6 hr Post Watching 1
FBI Transportation Cabinet Version 2017 14 hr Outsider 120

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web