Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149582 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#118332 Dec 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, given your definitions, you too fit those descriptions.
\
Just because you think you're serving the right god, doesn't mean you are. Several have tried explaining this to you and others, but you fail to grasp the point, which is......people of other faith think they are serving the right god too, now either you admit there could be more than one god, or admit you possibly could be wrong. It's really that simple.
Lodi , stop your incoherent foolishness in attempting to explain that which you are mentally unable to comprehend.
We do not Think we are serving the Right God , We BELIEVE we are serving the Right and only God.
That those of other Faiths think they are serving the right God is not our problem , since our faith is not based on what they think.
Since we believe in one God , we do not and will not admit to there being other Gods.
Since we believe the true God has provided us with the evidence we need in order to believe in him , there is no need for us to even contemplate the possibility that we could be wrong.
Although that should be simple to comprehend , your simple mind is quite unable to grasp it.
We are not doubleminded as many atheists seem to be.
You think there is no God of Gods ,but you leave open the possibility that that there might be one or many Gods.
That makes you of 2 xinds ,doublemined.
And therefore, you expect that we as BELIEVERS,should be doubleminded also. WRoNNNNNNG analysis arrived at by a doublemined individual
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#118333 Dec 6, 2013
Correction
That makes you of 2 minds ,doubleminded.
And therefore, you expect that we as BELIEVERS,should be doubleminded also. WRoNNNNNNG analysis arrived at by a doubleminded individual

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#118334 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Lodi , stop your incoherent foolishness in attempting to explain that which you are mentally unable to comprehend.
We do not Think we are serving the Right God , We BELIEVE we are serving the Right and only God.
That those of other Faiths think they are serving the right God is not our problem , since our faith is not based on what they think.
Since we believe in one God , we do not and will not admit to there being other Gods.
Since we believe the true God has provided us with the evidence we need in order to believe in him , there is no need for us to even contemplate the possibility that we could be wrong.
Although that should be simple to comprehend , your simple mind is quite unable to grasp it.
We are not doubleminded as many atheists seem to be.
That makes you of 2 xinds ,doublemined.
And therefore, you expect that we as BELIEVERS,should be doubleminded also. WRoNNNNNNG analysis arrived at by a doublemined individual
You think there is no God of Gods ,but you leave open the possibility that that there might be one or many Gods.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>We do not Think we are serving the Right God , We BELIEVE we are serving the Right and only God.
You got that right, you do not Think, and that's your problem
curious wrote:
<quoted text>You think there is no God of Gods ,but you leave open the possibility that that there might be one or many Gods.
Please show me the post where I said I think there is no god of gods but there might be one of many gods?
Honestly, you can't understand even the simplest sentences.

Go back and read again what I said to YaA, nowhere in my post did I suggest anything to what you have suggested here.

What I did say was: People of Other Faith believe they are serving the right god too, so either admit all these other people are wrong or admit that you could be wrong.{how can you prove your god is the right god} Are you saying the terrorist flying into the trade centers had less faith than you? Would you be willing to sacrifice yourself for that which you believe?
Are you saying that they sacrificed themselves just for the hell of it and didn't think they would be rewarded by their god for their deeds?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#118335 Dec 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I never said they should feel insulted, I said they likely were. There is a large difference.
Now you seem to actually know somehow if they were or not. I ask again, how can you know?
Let us see if we can finally put this horse out of its misery.
Let us look at the facts that you have not provided.
Time, date and place where these events took place.
Witnesses to this event; ,an unknown ,unidentofied and unnamed "COUSIN" who nobody knows.
Imagined wrongs that were likely committed against some of those in attendance , that, according to your opinion.
I need go no furthet.
If you brought charges against the priest that performed the funeral services in a court of law , you would likely be charged with mental incompetence and remanded to the nearest mental facility... and if such was not to be found ,they would lock you in a closet till you recanted.
BANG, the horse is dead Bang Bang he is double dead....NEXT

United States of America

#118336 Dec 6, 2013
YaA has admitted that his god has shown himself.

The News Media musta missed that historical event!

Here's what I can't get past....... when it's convenient for god to be omnipresent, he is....but when it doesn't fit the facts.. he then becomes an absent landlord.

Where was he when 911 occurred ?
Where was he when all these children were being raped and molested by the High Priest none the less?

I guess he was the absent landlord then huh?

But when you lost your dog he was deeply involved in that event, helping you recover your dog.
By your reasoning, your dog holds more importance than innocent adults and children.

hahhaha
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#118337 Dec 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>You think there is no God of Gods ,but you leave open the possibility that that there might be one or many Gods.
<quoted text>
You got that right, you do not Think, and that's your problem
<quoted text> Please show me the post where I said I think there is no god of gods but there might be one of many gods?
Honestly, you can't understand even the simplest sentences.
Go back and read again what I said to YaA, nowhere in my post did I suggest anything to what you have suggested here.
What I did say was: People of Other Faith believe they are serving the right god too, so either admit all these other people are wrong or admit that you could be wrong.{how can you prove your god is the right god} Are you saying the terrorist flying into the trade centers had less faith than you? Would you be willing to sacrifice yourself for that which you believe?
Are you saying that they sacrificed themselves just for the hell of it and didn't think they would be rewarded by their god for their deeds?
Lodil ,this what you wrote
Just because you( think) you're serving the right god, doesn't mean you are. Several have tried explaining this to you and others, but you fail to grasp the point, which is......people of other faith (think) they are serving the right god

This is what you are now claiming you said;
What I did say was: People of Other Faith( believe) they are serving the right god too, so either admit all these other people are wrong or admit that you could be wrong.

Your own words prove you wrong...
Now , do you believe there is no God or Gods and on what basis do you base your beliefs?
Some atheists here have left the possibility open that a God or Gods may exist KRACTU and Q , there may be more.
Certainly Hitchens and Dawkins were of that opinion.
Sheesh

Nineveh, IN

#118338 Dec 6, 2013
Arguing religion is as productive as swatting flies in a barnyard.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#118339 Dec 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
YaA has admitted that his god has shown himself.
The News Media musta missed that historical event!
Here's what I can't get past....... when it's convenient for god to be omnipresent, he is....but when it doesn't fit the facts.. he then becomes an absent landlord.
Where was he when 911 occurred ?
Where was he when all these children were being raped and molested by the High Priest none the less?
I guess he was the absent landlord then huh?
But when you lost your dog he was deeply involved in that event, helping you recover your dog.
By your reasoning, your dog holds more importance than innocent adults and children.
hahhaha
There is much that you are not able to get past ,including your ignorance.
There is no connection between the response to my prayer nad the events of 911 or children being raped.
Your futile attempt to tie those issues together is a red herring.
Stop fishing for sardines on Topix.......

United States of America

#118340 Dec 6, 2013
You Think you're serving the right god.... So did the 911 Terrorists Think they were serving the right god!

My point is.... how do you know you're serving the right god????? have any tangible proof. Testable proof? Or do you just rely on your belief?????
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#118341 Dec 6, 2013
Sheesh wrote:
Arguing religion is as productive as swatting flies in a barnyard.
Atheist flies need to be swatted,they spread germs that cause various diseases of the mind and heart

United States of America

#118342 Dec 6, 2013
I cannot discount the possibility of a "greater reality" or a "higher consciousness" (but not a designer, mind you) I would never allow a vague subjective feeling to color my understanding of the physical world.

United States of America

#118343 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no connection between the response to my prayer nad the events of 911 or children being raped.
Really??? Do Tell? No connection

No no no No red herring.... Just pointing out your Double Standards ..... When it's convenient for your god to be present, he is...... Then when applying the same omnipresent god to other events, he then becomes the absent landlord.

Your god was involved in the finding of your dog, yet failed to get involved in stopping the raping of innocent children? or stopping 911?

This is Your argument that Your god answered your prayer and your dog was delivered to you...but that same god refused to answer the prayers of those innocent children being raped....Again.... This is what you said....So I ask you, are you and your dog more important than these innocent children?
Perhaps you're just so darn special, that your god took a liking to you and discarded those children as unimportant when compared to you and your dog.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#118344 Dec 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet... It runs into problems when we get to that early time frame because illiteracy was so bad that the names kept getting misspelled and have lead us wrong several times.. some in the past have used Mays,Mayes,Maze,Meace and May and there are completely different lines of those families that have nothing to do with us,,, But have a few in the family that are Really into it and have collected all kinds of Documents that follow the name to attached it to Places so we can identify our line from others..
I got a Court Transcript from the early 1800 that explains where all the old family money went though... My G,G,G,g granfather was sued by two slaves he owned that were Native American women which was illegal but he clamed they were black which was legal and he spend 20 years and every dime he had fighting in court... and lost...
I know just what you mean with the variant spellings as I've encountered that very problem with my own research. It all kicks off for me around 1680 when various different spellings of my surname appear. It makes it difficult to continue the lineage. It's easy to make something fit because you want it to but without the source confirmed you can't be certain.

That sounds like an expensive business for your ancestors.

I've got a copy of a court document from 1756 where my ggggg grandfather was fined £20 for not maintaining his share of the highway.£20 in those days must have been a small fortune.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#118345 Dec 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??? Do Tell? No connection
No no no No red herring.... Just pointing out your Double Standards ..... When it's convenient for your god to be present, he is...... Then when applying the same omnipresent god to other events, he then becomes the absent landlord.
Your god was involved in the finding of your dog, yet failed to get involved in stopping the raping of innocent children? or stopping 911?
This is Your argument that Your god answered your prayer and your dog was delivered to you...but that same god refused to answer the prayers of those innocent children being raped....Again.... This is what you said....So I ask you, are you and your dog more important than these innocent children?
Perhaps you're just so darn special, that your god took a liking to you and discarded those children as unimportant when compared to you and your dog.
Christians have no problem describing their god by using human standards. Omnipotent, loving, good, just, omniscient, etc. All human words used to describe something we are told is way beyond human.

This is never more so when something good happens. Then you'll hear Christians saying "God is good" or words to that effect. They have no problem at all in describing their god by using human notions of goodness and love.

However, when something bad happens..say the sexual assault and murder of a six-year old girl, they jump ship and those human notions so readily used before will suddenly evaporate. Rather than say their god is not good, they'll say something like "God must have his reasons" or "Who are we to understand what God does?".

It's pigeon chess again. From being fully aware of what their god does when things are good, they instantly lose that awareness when things are bad. They also lose the ability to describe the actions/inaction of their god in human terms.

It's a cop out and it's also dishonest; yet the only people they're fooling are themselves.

United States of America

#118346 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What I can't get past is your ignorance , and your ignorance of your double standards!

United States of America

#118347 Dec 6, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians have no problem describing their god by using human standards. Omnipotent, loving, good, just, omniscient, etc. All human words used to describe something we are told is way beyond human.
This is never more so when something good happens. Then you'll hear Christians saying "God is good" or words to that effect. They have no problem at all in describing their god by using human notions of goodness and love.
However, when something bad happens..say the sexual assault and murder of a six-year old girl, they jump ship and those human notions so readily used before will suddenly evaporate. Rather than say their god is not good, they'll say something like "God must have his reasons" or "Who are we to understand what God does?".
It's pigeon chess again. From being fully aware of what their god does when things are good, they instantly lose that awareness when things are bad. They also lose the ability to describe the actions/inaction of their god in human terms.
It's a cop out and it's also dishonest; yet the only people they're fooling are themselves.
Exactly.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118348 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ignoramus,Since Atheist Scientists claim that there is no evidence in the natural world for the existence of God,then they would necesssarily believe that God is not needed as a creator of life.
However ,given their total inability to explain how life may have emerged without ID,they are now ,hedging their uncertainty by stating the possibility that Superior beings could possibly have been responsible for creating mankind.
Hitchens ,Dawkins and extremist Atheists on this website,Kraktu and Q have alluded to that possibility.
The problem they are still confronted with is that their hypothesis does not explain who or what created these superior beings.
Ultimately one has to come to grips with the fact that either nonintelligence,nonliving and nonconscious matter is responsible for creating life or that there exists a supernatural intelligent,living and conscious force that is responsible.
This issue has been discussed before and the responses from Atheists has been to beg for more time,millions of years,for Science to hopefully arrive at a solution.
I do not need to wait for a million years in order to confirm what I already believe and you are unable to disprove.
God is the creator and Science has not the slighyest idea as to how life may have been created by accidental means.
I , on the other hand , am not buying into the Science fiction insanity filled hypothesis that lightning struck some primoordial soup billions of years ago and out popped some self replicating cell that started it all.....For which there is absolutely no evidence and which is irrational , unreal and incredible.
The creator can not create properties of which it knows nothing about ,does not posses and is totally lacking in ability to create such.
And before you post your misguided response , I do not have to prove God's existence to anyone as it is not required.
I merely have to believe in God's existence based on the evidence He has provided me,which has been overwhelmingly sufficient.
You need to provide your reasons for believing otherwise ,including how it may be possible for life to have come into being by accidental means.
You believe that despite overwhelming contrary evidence in a veritable tsunami of data, a humanoid God creating the unfathomable enormity of the universe in 6 days some 6-10,000 years ago and taking a personal interest in a select tribe of primitive sheep herders is not "irrational, unreal and incredible." Have you been skipping your meds again?
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#118349 Dec 6, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
and the ignorant quip under your little icon speaks VOLUMES....of delusions of granduer, narcissism, self centeredness and ignorance.
That straight forward and direct enough for your low level comprehension?
You're acting like a vulture that is circling waiting to feed on the losing side of the debates.
Patsy

Cocoa Beach, FL

#118350 Dec 6, 2013
religious literacy wrote:
this could be a good thing for the state of Kentucky - there needs to be some structure around how people teach religion in our schools.
Merry Christmas!!!
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#118351 Dec 6, 2013
Patsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas!!!
Merry Christmas, but i have a question for Christians. Why is Santa Claus used in this celebration when you know it is a lie. Is that not teaching future generations of children to lie.

Does not the bible teach that all liars will go to hell fire?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 18 min Lmao 32,665
Paul Patton wont allow rebel flags at UPIKE (Jul '15) 1 hr Statue Of Patton 113
One Hundred Jobs 1 hr Great News 1
County Clerk Lay Offs 1 hr Thanks Mitch 31
Paul Patton hates the Rebel flag and the south! (Jul '15) 1 hr No Flag UPIKE 76
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr Icnoptnthis 6,899
Satanic muslims (Jan '15) 1 hr Already Here 19
nugent not selling 3 hr Paris 55

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web