Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,870

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
vasuki

Manchester, KY

#118253 Dec 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever in your life been to high school?[/quote]what does this question have to do with the fact that hypothesis is a belief?

[QUOTE who="Quantummist"] <quoted text>You seem to be awash in posting crap that makes me think you have no Idea what the stuff you copy and paste says... Reading Comprehension is taught very early in most places....
and again how is "my" reading comprehension relevant to the fact that the word supposition is part of the meaning of hypothesis?

or that hypothesis' primary foundation is belief? guess? postulate?
SistaNY

London, KY

#118254 Dec 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Folk now Here is something Really Heavy (prob because of all the Iron y in it)
I just was doing a bit of research and found out that My Great, Great, Great ect, Long way back Grandfather was Bishop William Mays (Mease) and was sent from England in 1609 to start a Church in Hampton, Va which which was rebuilt in 1728...
I checked with the genealogy research another Cuz has been working on for years and the line does follow back to beginning in Hampton,Va and the surrounding for many later members of the family so seems the Bishop was the first on my line to come to the US...
St. John's Church is the oldest English-speaking parish in America, founded in 1610. The church of St. John's is a 1728 worship building displaying beautiful colonial brickwork.
http://books.google.com/books...
http://www.stjohnshampton.org/
St John's of the Denisovans?

<chuckle>
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#118255 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusionating again?
Self centered whiney hater atheists who are ego tripping hedonists are nothing but BORRRRING...as in capital B-OR-ING.
Why would anyone even want to waste time, reading whineDUHM like that.
Do you have any evidence of that? Of course not... you're a fence sitting baby talking, copy and paste person and a total waste of my time and others to have to respond to, puke.
Yes and Amen

Paintsville, KY

#118256 Dec 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt the Jesus would call everyone who disagreed with him, retarded. So I guess you do not follow that Christ. I guess you are no Christian.
That would be your opinion...
Christ called people worse...
Like Vipers, thieves, and un-wise!
I bet... Un-wise... covers people like you!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118257 Dec 5, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any evidence of that? Of course not... you're a fence sitting baby talking, copy and paste person and a total waste of my time and others to have to respond to, puke.
Of course.

Anything with even ONE actually rational and logical working bran cell would realize-

NO EVIDENCE required for OPINION.

DO have fun posting to yourself, brainless idiot.
Yes and Amen

Paintsville, KY

#118258 Dec 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I was just having a bit of fun.
I guess for those who prefer to believe in the supernatural, a person talking about a magical trout may just be telling the truth.
I knew you were, but the fact that God is real, AND uses all kinds of stuff to prove His existence to people, it
wouldn't be far fetched for a fish to talk.,..
I still have hopes for you!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#118259 Dec 5, 2013
vasuki wrote:
<quoted text>and again how is "my" reading comprehension relevant to the fact that the word supposition is part of the meaning of hypothesis?
or that hypothesis' primary foundation is belief? guess? postulate?
I explained it to you already, I cannot understand it for you... But thinks for playing...
Yes and Amen

Paintsville, KY

#118260 Dec 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you categorise homosexuals and those who exercise freedom of religion as evil?
That certainly sounds like hate to me.
<quoted text>
Save us from what?
From a maniac god who hates his creation so much he built a huge torture chamber to put them in.
Were the people that followed Hitler evil???
Some... The rest were just ill-informed!
Just as the sinners that follow satan...
are ill-informed!
Save you from what???
Save you from being stupid!
You KNOW there are things in your life that God said not to do!
You did them, even knowing God is real, and He gave you a way out!
It will not be His fault if you choose NOT to USE it!
Satan don't care how you get to hell, he just wants many people to go with him... the will!
Choose not to go with him!
Yes and Amen

Paintsville, KY

#118261 Dec 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"What happens when you only look at evidence that supports your "Beliefs", or "Thinks"????"
You come up with incorrect conclusions... Such as you do when you only concern yourself with that that fits your religious beliefs and refuse to study and research anything that disagrees with your beliefs...
I as you might detect try (and sometimes fail) to gain understanding of the human knowledge base of all subjects I can.. I have actually tried to study biblical dogma over my life along with several other religions be quickly came to understand that for any to hold validity it required me to Believe in Magic... The big red flag is enough to disregard claims made based on such Magic until the point that the How the Magic fits known reality is had...
Now be aware I do not think the narrative of mans ascension from a early hominid to today's modern human is correct... I think archeologists and several other fields are doing the same as You in that they have a Belief in their preconceived views and will not even consider or study any evidence that disagrees with those Beliefs but that does not lead me to resort to Magic to explain it...
I have greater than that...
God showed up!
So....
Whatever you want to believe... Believe on!

Manchester, KY

#118262 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I have greater than that...
God showed up!
So....
Whatever you want to believe... Believe on!
Did you actually see him live in his true form or was he dressed like a talking goat?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#118263 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
Save you from what???
Save you from being stupid!
You KNOW there are things in your life that God said not to do!
You did them, even knowing God is real, and He gave you a way out!
It will not be His fault if you choose NOT to USE it!
So Yahweh will be mad if a person takes responsibility for their actions instead of using a scapegoat, the cowardly way.

I have yet to see anything admirable about Yahweh.
As a deity, he sucks.
Yes and Amen

Paintsville, KY

#118264 Dec 5, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have been fined $50.00 for even thinking you had enough intelligence to give us your definition's of those words and phrases.
Let's try again shall we. Give me your definition of 'Wolves in sheep's clothing' independently of itself without using backslid.
Now then, once you've done that..Give me your definition of 'Backslid'
Lastly, Give me your definition of 'Faker', please stay on task and avoid those tangents you love to entertain.
Geeez!
Surely that needs no explanation!
Ok...
Wolf in sheep's clothing;
A person representing something he's not...
Like our POTUS! Dressed as an American Christian, to get votes, but
Lies, and does things an American Christian would NEVER do!
Backslid; A supposed Christian loosing his faith!
Kind of a fallacy, as Anyone that truly knows of Christ's existence wouldn't just turn his back on Him, but might be led astray for a bit! Like me... I'll never turn away again!
Faker; see wolf in sheep's clothing! Obama = faker!
Yes and Amen

Paintsville, KY

#118265 Dec 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Wolves in sheep's clothing = Wolves that are very warm in their wool coats.....
Backslid = moving across a surface on your ass
Faker = a guy that works at a Fakery....
That's funny right thar!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#118266 Dec 5, 2013
"...it wouldn't be far fetched for a fish to talk.,.."

This is the mentality we are dealing with.
Why do we bother?*sigh*

Yeah, I know.
The more he gibbers, the more people see how crazy he and Christianity are.
But sometimes, as shown by the quote above, you realize just how mentality ill some of these "believers" are.
Yes and Amen

Paintsville, KY

#118267 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold up there now YaA, how about just letting it be at we are all born sinners, that have accepted that fact (rather than just PRETEND to be anything else but!!) as well as having accepted the divine grace of that which has been written of, for the rest of the story!
It's just annoying to hear them say "We Hate everyone"...
We are everyone, just better informed, forgiven, and justified by His Sacrifice!
Amen!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118268 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It's just annoying to hear them say "We Hate everyone"...
We are everyone, just better informed, forgiven, and justified by His Sacrifice!
Amen!
"...sometimes, as shown by the quote above, you realize just how mentality ill some of these "believers" are."
Yes and Amen

Paintsville, KY

#118269 Dec 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My name Jose Jimenez , What is your cousin's name?
Can we meet him and ask him a few questions?
Or are you keeping him incommunicado?
I think you and your cousin have much in common with The Lone Ranger "Kemo Sabe" derived from the Spanish phrase" Quien no Sabe"
and Tonto , also a Spanish phrase.
If you are clueless as to what I am trying to say ,Google it , or , ask Lodi,He is studying Spanish and I am sure he can help you out.
Oe ask Chroe, he is very familiar with Don Quixote Sancho Panza and Miguel Cervantes
He might be too young to know who Jose is...
LOL

Manchester, KY

#118270 Dec 5, 2013
Squeeze Cheese and Ritz , Yum.. Breakfast of champions
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118271 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It's just annoying to hear them say "We Hate everyone"...
Amen!
Was standing in a grocery check out line yesterday, and a feller walked in and asked the lady behind me if she knew if there was a bathroom on premises. Both of us were just kind of surprised, as to why he just didn't ask the clerk at the register??? She thought for a moment and very nicely told the feller, that she did NOT know, because she didn't work there...at which point the feller moved along.
So we then chatted a minute, about all the strange people these days..and tried to rationalize the behavior of choosing a random customer to ask about such a thing...and why one random customer rather than another.
She figured it was because she has an invisible freak magnet on her head, and I nodded and voiced understanding on that. We further tried to rationalize the behavior..why the question was posed to her and not another customer, or even moreso, someone that worked there. I hinted to her that I have a radar for such, that emits "don't talk to me" rays when need be. She agreed that is a good thing to have.
As we chatted..we watched the restroom seeker, finally pose the same question to a clerk at a register in the middle of it all, at which time he probably found the right direction to that which he was seeking.

The Moral of the story is...sometimes the lost will ask anything of the first thing they bump into. Go figure lol.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118272 Dec 5, 2013
And..add to that "to the moon and back" as well-- all in one day- on that one YaA lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Abe 20,182
cuba for all 3 hr old dude 17
Sheriff Charles Fuzzy Keesee 4 hr AEP rookery 36
Robert Marble RIP 4 hr Wondering 5
OMG Kentcky Power ro raise rates 12 % 4 hr Chuck 40
is this the keith cruise 6 hr i guess 2
Did teco coal sell out ? 6 hr Taco Berry 2
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web