Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 138492 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Ocoee, FL

#117990 Nov 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be the point?
"All I can do is explain it to you, I cannot Understand it for you."
And it's been explained a multitude of times.....
Guess we have reached an impasse ,as I believe that your beliefs are
delusional and erratic.
What is delusional and erratic , I am unable to comprehend ,nor do I want someone to undesrand it for me as that might make me an accomplice and guilty of being delusional and erratic by association.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117991 Nov 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What would be the point of telling a closed minded person he is closed minded? I think it would only cause undo strife.
I am open and honest enough to answer your question, now you wish to whine about my honesty? You can lie about your parents if you wish, I try not to lie, unlike yourself.
It is your opinion that your parents are closeminded , delusionaland a source of embarassment
If you want to inform them that that is your opinion of them ,do so.
I don't wish to lie about my parents,nor do I have a reason to do so.
I also have no reason to claim that they are delusional ,closeminded or a source of embarassment to me.
My Christian Morals taught me to; Honor my Father and my Mother.
Guess that is why many Atheists want to abolish the 10 Commandments...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117992 Nov 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course his ancestors would likely agree with you that they are in no delusion. The delusional are unaware they are in a delusion stupid. If they were aware of it, it would not be a delusion. Do you even know what the word means? You sure act as if you do not.
I am sure no Muslims feel they are in a delusion believing Mohamed was a prophet. See how this works? Clearly you have not yet grasped this simple concept.
I have yet to hear any of you Christians show an understanding of this concept. Thus you seem to lack a certain amount of intelligence.
No Pinhead,They would disagree with YOUR opinion and that of Q.
I believe they would cite many experiences and reasons for their faith and claim that you and Q are the delusional ones.
And as you said , the delusional are unaware that they are living a delusion ,so trying to explain the basis of their faith to their Atheist chidren would be a waste of time since they would not be able to grasp the meaning of such...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117993 Nov 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have already addressed that question. And why would it matter? Do you think she knew the priest was going to add insults to the mix?
I will repeat my answer. I have no idea.
But I see you think I am lying about something, that you cannot even identify. What's the point? Accusations with zero evidence as usual from the theists.
MD wrote" Do you think she knew the priest was going to add insults to the mix?"

Your allegation borders on the obscene.
When you refer to "SHE" I assume you are alluding to your uncle's wife.
When and where did she claim that the Priest" added insults to the mix"
That is a figment of your Atheist's mind imagination.
You have claimed that you had no way of knowing what she was thinkig?
Now you are making a different and even more absurd claim in order to defend your irrational and erratic mindset.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#117994 Nov 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
delusional and erratic.
What is delusional and erratic , I am unable to comprehend ,nor do I want someone to undesrand it for me as that might make me an accomplice and guilty of being delusional and erratic by association.
Name one of my "Beliefs"
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117995 Nov 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have already addressed that question. And why would it matter? Do you think she knew the priest was going to add insults to the mix?
I will repeat my answer. I have no idea.
But I see you think I am lying about something, that you cannot even identify. What's the point? Accusations with zero evidence as usual from the theists.
I didn't say you were lying, I just questioned your opinion. Mostly because I think it's really ignorant to just haul around calling people things like "liars".

Did the wife say she was insulted?

I wouldn't know either !!
curious

Ocoee, FL

#117996 Nov 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one of my "Beliefs"
That your parents , on the matter of religion , are delusional, or is that merely your opinion

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#117997 Nov 30, 2013
Does prayer help us resist temptation? Talking to God boosts self-control and emotional stability, claims study
People turn to prayer 'as a coping response to the high demands in life' and are rewarded with an increased ability to resist temptation
Previous findings have shown that when people try to control their emotions, the risk of aggressive outbursts and binge drinking rises
By ROBIN YAPP
PUBLISHED: 15:56 GMT, 29 November 2013

Praying helps people stay in control of their emotions and behaviour, according to a new study.
People turn to prayer 'as a coping response to the high demands in life' and are rewarded with increased strength and ability to resist temptation, researchers said.
Previous findings have shown that when people try hard to control their emotions and thoughts, the risk of aggressive outbursts and binge drinking or eating rises....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#117998 Nov 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is your opinion that your parents are closeminded , delusionaland a source of embarassment
If you want to inform them that that is your opinion of them ,do so.
I don't wish to lie about my parents,nor do I have a reason to do so.
I also have no reason to claim that they are delusional ,closeminded or a source of embarassment to me.
My Christian Morals taught me to; Honor my Father and my Mother.
Guess that is why many Atheists want to abolish the 10 Commandments...
If your parents concluded god is a myth, would you say they were in a delusion? Or would you lie in order to preserve some blind honor?
I am not running around complaining about them, I am just trying to have an open and honest discussion. I am sure they will never read any of these posts.
I am not trying to abolish the ten commandments, but it certainly should not be posted in government settings as if they were law, as they are not even close. In fact they are against freedom of religion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117999 Nov 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
delusional and erratic.
Your statement makes no sense. How can you claim we are delusional if you do not understand what it is?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118000 Nov 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they would cite many experiences and reasons for their faith and claim that you and Q are the delusional ones.
And as you said , the delusional are unaware that they are living a delusion ,so trying to explain the basis of their faith to their Atheist chidren would be a waste of time since they would not be able to grasp the meaning of such...
I am not sure you realize I am agreeing that they would claim we are in a delusion. We think they are. But of course none of it really means much, so why did you whine about it for so long? It is but an opinion. It is evidence of nothing.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118001 Nov 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
MD wrote" Do you think she knew the priest was going to add insults to the mix?"
Now you are making a different and even more absurd claim in order to defend your irrational and erratic mindset.
Asking the question about if she requested the service makes no sense either. It is irrelevant. No, I cannot know what she thought of the comment I found highly insulting. And none of us will know, because no one is going to ask her. It is over and nothing can be done except have a conversation about it. But you cannot just have a hypothetical conversation about this. Damn you are so tedious.

I found it insulting, you do not. Seems to me you are oblivious to what could be insulting to others of a different belief. How ironic.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118002 Nov 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to give a reason why you feel it was not an insulting comment.
You simply give excuses why the priest was allowed to give his insulting point of view. No one is arguing this point. I am well aware a priest can insult anyone he wishes in his church. It does not excuse it though.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118003 Nov 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you were lying, I just questioned your opinion. Mostly because I think it's really ignorant to just haul around calling people things like "liars".
Sista said,

Duquettes uncles wife?

You know how that goes...he said, the priest said, they said, she said and blah blah and blah.

And sometimes, somewhere in amongst all the twisted and distorted, the REAL truth stands, still.

So you did not use the word "liar" and somewhere in your mind that is not what twisting and distorting an claim is?

But again, why does it even matter if any of this ever even happened? Could we just not have a conversation about what is right or wrong? I found it wrong to say what the priest said. Do you?

Seems you theists are to scared to discuss this and divert with bullshit like this.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118004 Nov 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already answered the question, more than once retard. Now will you ever answer once, why does it matter?

It is my opinion the comment was insulting to her. I cannot know what she felt.

You see, I am not scared to answer questions, why are you?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118005 Nov 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Does prayer help us resist temptation? Talking to God boosts self-control and emotional stability, claims study
People turn to prayer 'as a coping response to the high demands in life' and are rewarded with an increased ability to resist temptation
Previous findings have shown that when people try to control their emotions, the risk of aggressive outbursts and binge drinking rises
By ROBIN YAPP
PUBLISHED: 15:56 GMT, 29 November 2013
Praying helps people stay in control of their emotions and behaviour, according to a new study.
People turn to prayer 'as a coping response to the high demands in life' and are rewarded with increased strength and ability to resist temptation, researchers said.
Previous findings have shown that when people try hard to control their emotions and thoughts, the risk of aggressive outbursts and binge drinking or eating rises....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
It is known that humans need some self denial, and the belief in god aids this denial. If one is to hard on himself, it can lead to undue stress.
All humans are in a bit of denial. If we did not ignore what many people thought of us, we would be seriously depressed.
None of this means god is real. And their are other ways to be of a healthy mind. Not that the delusion of god is really all that healthy. It may relieve some stress, but it can cause other problems.

I see the pattern religious propaganda is focusing upon.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118006 Nov 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That your parents , on the matter of religion , are delusional, or is that merely your opinion
Of course it is his opinion. So? Now show how his opinion is a delusion?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118007 Nov 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hindu's would likely cite many experiences and reason for their faith.
Muslims would likely cite many experiences and reasons for their faith.
Do you think they are in a delusion?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118008 Nov 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
This is America, NOT russia.
Yes, good observation. Now why have you failed to observe, native Americans do not celebrate thanksgiving?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#118009 Nov 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a Belief, That's a Diagnosis...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 3 hr Kyboy 27,418
Occupational Tax 3 hr Lies 36
SS Is Notifying People That Lawyer Committed 3 hr Kyboy 68
Why Are So Many People Leaving Pike County ? (May '11) 5 hr info 667
W. Keith Hall News (Dec '14) 5 hr Keefer 212
Grubers 5 hr Pikevilles Charm 2
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 7 hr _FLATLINE-------- 24,368
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE