Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148930 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117596 Nov 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I said.

Khatru wrote:
Here's what I said.
There is a possibility that humanity was created by an alien species and you know what?

That possibility is still considerably more likely than the abracadabra method of creation favoured by you. You know, the one involving a talking snake and a disobedient woman.

It still doesn't change anything because ID for you involves magic and not science. It invokes superstition and ju-ju and onlt applies to the god you have picked to believe in.
ID in this sense is 100% science - no magic or supernatural deity required.
Let's set the record straight;
It is your Faith" Atheism" that believes there is no God or Gods.
It is your faith that claims Life originated by accidental or natural means ,eliminating ID as the source.
Now your Faith has trapped you and you can not escape
Here is what you are now stating

"There is a possibility that humanity was created by an alien species and you know what?"
When you refer to an Alien Species as our creator are you not reffering to someone with supernatural powers?
Is that not the definition of a God?

Then ,in total ignorance ,which you fail to explain, you claim that your new beliefs are Scientifically based 100%.
Well ,if they are ,then what you are saying is that we were created by Beings with supernatural powers ,IE Gods.
You built the snare ,got ensnared in it and can't get out.
Those who claim to be wise are caught in their own snares.
You will attempt to deviate from this subject because neither you or the Fools brigade will be able to extricate you from this mess.
Your smokescreens will serve to confirm your inability to answer these questions
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117597 Nov 21, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> Are you a reader of the Bible? Do you believe that the 10 commandments warn against very bad sins? Do you interpret one of the 10 Commandments as meaning Thou shalt not slander? If so, you have sinned are are obviously destined for hell.
Well , I am not sure one goes to hell for slander , that is your FOOL"S imagination working overtime.
Nevertheless , since what I have stated is supported by the evidence, there is no need for you to inject slander into the conversation.
Those who deviate are deviants.
A narcisstic fool you are , I presented the evidence for my claim.
Why did you not refute them? I'll answer that .Because you could not.
Neither could the Chain of Fools with whom you associate.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#117598 Nov 21, 2013
There is no such thing as "supernatural". Everything that happens is natural.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117599 Nov 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's set the record straight;
It is your Faith" Atheism" that believes there is no God or Gods.
It is your faith that claims Life originated by accidental or natural means ,eliminating ID as the source.
Now your Faith has trapped you and you can not escape
Here is what you are now stating
"There is a possibility that humanity was created by an alien species and you know what?"
When you refer to an Alien Species as our creator are you not reffering to someone with supernatural powers?
Then ,in total ignorance ,which you fail to explain, you claim that your new beliefs are Scientifically based 100%.
Well ,if they are ,then what you are saying is that we were created by Beings with supernatural powers ,IE Gods.
You built the snare ,got ensnared in it and can't get out.
Those who claim to be wise are caught in their own snares.
You will attempt to deviate from this subject because neither you or the Fools brigade will be able to extricate you from this mess.
Your smokescreens will serve to confirm your inability to answer these questions
By all means, lets' set that record straight. It is you who inserts a mystical being into your gap of knowledge and calls it belief, Truth, faith - and it is you who has nary a trace of evidence, fact, data or cause beyond your personal wants, desires and psychological needs. When you cannot recognize the content of what people have been posting, it's because your own fog is your own smokescreen.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117600 Nov 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, we don't and you know what?
We don't feel the need to go round telling people that they will burn in eternal hell and damnation if they don't see things our way.
That's what the xtians do, so perhaps you should direct your bile and invective at them.
Sorry, I've not ever experienced any of that type of thing from whomever "them" is.

And if I did, I'd just roll my eyes and know better.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117601 Nov 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Flood may have happened but certainly not the worldwide and related events flood as described in the bible.
As stated many times prior, not everyone interprets/reads the same.
I for one, have never interpreted the Bible to literally say/mean "the whole world was flooded".

Especially given the FACT that milleniums ago, 100 miles to some, could've been perceived and thus (de)scribed as "the whole world", for all we REALLY know.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117602 Nov 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
1) NOACHIAN FLOOD, not sporadic local floods. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/grayson-ky/TE...
2) The Tea Party backers are not interested in the least with whether the average earning labor force receives a living wage. They oppose fair taxation policies for upper tiers and endorse reduced protections and benefits "FOR the less able to to among us." You have never denied having Malthusian inclinations in your economic philosophies.
3) What you say vs what you do shall remain suspect, as you are a proven hypocrite.(see labelDuhm)
4) What you say vs. what you do shall remain suspect, as you are a proven hypocrite.(see Malthusian)
You haven't proven anything, except that you yourself are a judgementalist....that bases your opinion on collective stereotype of labelDUHM platforms.

Bench warmer.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#117603 Nov 21, 2013
curious wrote:
You have refuted Nothing
You really need to express yourself better. Let's just parse this statement a little:

"You have refuted" Yes, I have refuted - I fully agree.

"Nothing" Yes, I agree again. What you said amounted to nothing and it was that nothing that I refuted.

What you should have said was "You haven't refuted anything".

However, you didn't. By saying "You have refuted nothing" is a statement of fact as I have refuted the nothing that your posts are.
curious wrote:
you claim that you believe in no God or Gods but, you fail to explain why you are here every day , discussing that which you claim does not exist.
God consumes your thinking ,you can deny it ,but your actions and that of others , betray you.
There is something in your brain that will not permit you to ignore God. You can say you don't believe in him , but it is very clear , by YOUR ACTIONS , that you are unable to ignore him.
And the issues in question , you refused to address.
All you kept mentioning is Gods plural,
Then you state
" You act as if there are no other gods but you can't prove that."
As long as you keep setting up your statements without any evidence, I'll keep on knocking them down without any evidence.
curious wrote:
You fail to address the issue as to why Atheists have a need to create their own Church?
And why they needed to borrow enerything they did in order to create their church, from Christian .
I don't know - why don't you ask them? They're only a small group and I don't think there are many of them. An atheist church, eh? Must be like watching Star Wars without the evil empire.
curious wrote:
The Studies I refer to have been posted by me on several occasions as you well know...
No, actually I don't know.
curious wrote:
Stop being evasive ,go back and read what I posted ,deal with the specifics and stop throwing stinkbombbs ,as is your custom.
Evasiveness does not Equal Victory , it is a tactic used to avoid facing reality...
Evasive? LOL This from the guy whose whole religion is full of apologetics

Cambridge, UK

#117605 Nov 21, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I've not ever experienced any of that type of thing from whomever "them" is.
And if I did, I'd just roll my eyes and know better.
Just go back and check out a few of Amber's and Y&A's posts you'll see plenty of it.

Don't worry if you haven't got time, it won't be long before they come back and start with their ju-ju about them being saved and us non-believers being Hellbound.

Cambridge, UK

#117606 Nov 21, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't proven anything, except that you yourself are a judgementalist....that bases your opinion on collective stereotype of labelDUHM platforms.
Bench warmer.
I trust the next time Y&A and Amber go off on one of their "You're going to Hell" rants, you'll also be referring to them as judgmentalists.

Fair's fair.

Cambridge, UK

#117607 Nov 21, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one, have never interpreted the Bible to literally say/mean "the whole world was flooded".
Especially given the FACT that milleniums ago, 100 miles to some, could've been perceived and thus (de)scribed as "the whole world", for all we REALLY know.
So you believe it was just a local flood and not the world destroying deluge that millions of other christians claim it was?

I guess this also means that you believe thousands of people around the world carried on living their lives. So all this stuff about Noah and his family being the only people saved is also a myth.

Good for you.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117608 Nov 21, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Bench warmer.
meh. I didn't set out to prove anything. If I had, I would have wasted time citing facts, laying out examples, providing references - you know... doing the legwork that religies initially ignore and soon forget. Been there, done that.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#117611 Nov 21, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
100 miles? 4500 years ago there were established trade routes that were way beyond that, and the OT was established lloonngg after that.
I'll be amicable and agree with you that there was no Noahcian flood that inundated all of the land beneath the heavens and submerged the highest mountains to a depth of 15 cubits. But then, what else did not happen? Talking snakes and donkeys are safe bets. The building that reached near to heaven and the sundering of language? How about dividing the Red Sea, or a man living in a fish for 3 days? I can also agree with you that staves to snakes, manna from heaven, virgin birth, feeding multitudes with a fish and a loaf of bread, and walking on water are also bogus.
You see? I am not unreasonable.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117612 Nov 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to express yourself better. Let's just parse this statement a little:
"You have refuted" Yes, I have refuted - I fully agree.
"Nothing" Yes, I agree again. What you said amounted to nothing and it was that nothing that I refuted.
What you should have said was "You haven't refuted anything".
However, you didn't. By saying "You have refuted nothing" is a statement of fact as I have refuted the nothing that your posts are.
<quoted text>
As long as you keep setting up your statements without any evidence, I'll keep on knocking them down without any evidence.
<quoted text>
I don't know - why don't you ask them? They're only a small group and I don't think there are many of them. An atheist church, eh? Must be like watching Star Wars without the evil empire.
<quoted text>
No, actually I don't know.
<quoted text>
Evasive? LOL This from the guy whose whole religion is full of apologetics
Don't argue with a fool , they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
George Carlin......

BTW A little remindef about the accomplishments of Science.
Contrary to popular belief in some circles; The Universe is not eternal ,it was created as confirmed by Science in 1931 and clearly stated in Genesis ,about 6000 years ago.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." - Hebrews 11:3

Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. In this case, "it" is what physicists call "dark matter." They can't see it, they can't measure it (at least not directly), and they don't know what it is made of. Yet scientists believe it constitutes over 90 percent of all the matter in the universe.

Man is made from stardust , the dust in the ground.....Can you imagine that?
Yes,Science has managed to verify the accuracy of the Bible.
Of course , you will spin it differently , but, the facts speak for themselves....

nevertheless , I wll adhere to George Carlin , as it is worth repeating
Don't argue with a fool , they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
George Carlin......

Cambridge, UK

#117613 Nov 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
George Carlin......
BTW A little remindef about the accomplishments of Science.
Contrary to popular belief in some circles; The Universe is not eternal ,it was created as confirmed by Science in 1931 and clearly stated in Genesis ,about 6000 years ago.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." - Hebrews 11:3
Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. In this case, "it" is what physicists call "dark matter." They can't see it, they can't measure it (at least not directly), and they don't know what it is made of. Yet scientists believe it constitutes over 90 percent of all the matter in the universe.
Man is made from stardust , the dust in the ground.....Can you imagine that?
Yes,Science has managed to verify the accuracy of the Bible.
Of course , you will spin it differently , but, the facts speak for themselves....
nevertheless , I wll adhere to George Carlin , as it is worth repeating
George Carlin......
You're a YEC!???

ROFLMAO

That explains the incessant stupidity that positively radiates outward from you.

Dark matter and energy are provisional hypotheses to explain real phenomena. No-one is required to believe them. If someone comes up with a better hypothesis based on further observations, they could be heaved out of the door.

Question: When does anything analogous ever happen in religion?

Answer: Never
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117614 Nov 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means, lets' set that record straight. It is you who inserts a mystical being into your gap of knowledge and calls it belief, Truth, faith - and it is you who has nary a trace of evidence, fact, data or cause beyond your personal wants, desires and psychological needs. When you cannot recognize the content of what people have been posting, it's because your own fog is your own smokescreen.
I stated in my posting that'
"You will attempt to deviate from this subject because neither you or the Fools brigade will be able to extricate you from this mess.

Well ,one member of the Fools Brigade has attempted to clean up the mess , by deviating from the topic being discussed.

Khartu wrote
And I asked

And the Chroe , true to form , deviates from the question, which serves to remind me;
George Carlin..
But again I will ask
What is the difference between Alien Species with supernatural powers to create life and Gods with supernatural powers to create life.?
Or will another member of the Fools brigade attempt to muddy the waters... lodi and witchetty,,,Give it a try...
Confused

Kuttawa, KY

#117615 Nov 21, 2013
AntiFlag wrote:
The Bible SHOULD be read, discussed, and analyzed in school. Then there'd be a lot fewer superstitious religious nut-jobs running around.
Same for "Mein Kampf", Marx, Lennon, and George Lincoln Rockwell's books.
Who's Lennon?

Only person with that name I know of was John Lennon, one of the Beatles.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117616 Nov 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a YEC!???
ROFLMAO
That explains the incessant stupidity that positively radiates outward from you.
Dark matter and energy are provisional hypotheses to explain real phenomena. No-one is required to believe them. If someone comes up with a better hypothesis based on further observations, they could be heaved out of the door.
Question: When does anything analogous ever happen in religion?
Answer: Never
A fool is made more of a fool, when their mouth is more open than their mind.”
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117618 Nov 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust the next time Y&A and Amber go off on one of their "You're going to Hell" rants, you'll also be referring to them as judgmentalists.
Fair's fair.
That's what that type of stuff is, judgemental and ignorant, no matter who's saying it.

Worthy only of eye rolling.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117619 Nov 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe it was just a local flood and not the world destroying deluge that millions of other christians claim it was?
I guess this also means that you believe thousands of people around the world carried on living their lives. So all this stuff about Noah and his family being the only people saved is also a myth.
Good for you.
I might compare it to something more along the lines of a much smaller more area localized, catastrophic type event, rather than a literal "global event" that was being scribed about, yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Island Creek shooting 53 min Stop the dope heads 125
Glen Hammond Ray Jones Round 2 1 hr E KY shame 21
Is college worth it 1 hr Roger 2
what is a holler (Oct '09) 2 hr Gerirose 198
Is derick harris the barber bi 3 hr Informant 8
Airport mobile home 3 hr Killing of PBX 74
Airport budget 3 hr Killing of PBX 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages