Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148451 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#117291 Nov 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The bible claims.....
9 And God said,“Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.
The bible cannot show evidence of this claim. It is the equivalent of magic.
Lol!

Yup - it's the abracadbra method of creation.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

#117292 Nov 17, 2013
Known Fact of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious---If you Atheists could succeed in convincing ever human being alive that there is no god---How would that benefit you? Maybe further Satan's ambition but I fail to see how that could possibly benefit you. Please enlighten me.
Just look at all the families that have been torn apart because the JWs make their members disown people in their family who no longer wants to be a JW. Look at all the kids that have died because their parents wouldn't allow them to have a blood transfusion. Look at all the JW kids that have been molested because their elders hid pedophiles behind their doors. Look at all the children who grew up with no education and are now unable to support themselves because they were told they would never grow old and education was not needed.

Religion is a joke.

SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#117293 Nov 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Were all the 9/11 hijackers sociopaths?
It seems to me, the belief in an afterlife as a hero and getting 72 virgins is motivation to do a sociopaths bidding.
You support the effort Bin Laden had to keep people from condemning his beliefs.
Hey, did you just label someone?
And I think the freedoms we have are mostly due to secularism, not religion.
The freedom of religion is not supported by the bible, it is condemned.
Freedom for homosexuals is not supported by the bible.
Human slavery is supported by the bible.
I didn't find it all quite that "simple" or shallow...in fact, I find those statements to show a real lack of any <extensive> research into the subject matter. Should you decide to do some (actual credible research) you may (or may not, that would be according to the depth one researches to, and the levels of comprehension while doing so) find many other aspects, of far more "secular" and rather "political" realms actually.

And while you're at it, look up the phrase "assumptive duhmmy", and then affix that label to your forehead, so that you may view it for yourself, and so that I don't have to repeatedly remind you that thinking and speaking for yourself is no doubt, enough of a monumental task, with out you assuming to do such for anyone else, please and thank you.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#117294 Nov 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Where? I cannot read your twisted mind. Explain yourself for once.
That was a question to you-not an explanation of me.

Geez.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#117295 Nov 17, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You disappoint me Mikey, as you and Lodi have always claimed you are posting from your jobsites,all the while you are stuffing your face with coffee and donuts at the local Starbucks in Mt. Dora.
That must be the place where Witchetty works full time.
I was there once and the old crone tried to stick me with a bill for an empty cup of coffe and the whole from a donut.
When I was there ,next to my booth was a bedraggled guy drinking his lunch out of a brown paper bag , Had a pet 3 eyed alligator with him. Any idea who that guy might be? He stole my wallett
We could have met for coffee but you are too afraid to be face to face with an old crone.
Coward much?
knock knock

United States

#117296 Nov 17, 2013
Coffee on.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#117297 Nov 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a question to you-not an explanation of me.
Geez.
Then the answer is NO!
But if you really expect me to believe it was not a rhetorical question........

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117298 Nov 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't find it all quite that "simple" or shallow...in fact, I find those statements to show a real lack of any <extensive> research into the subject matter. Should you decide to do some (actual credible research) you may (or may not, that would be according to the depth one researches to, and the levels of comprehension while doing so) find many other aspects, of far more "secular" and rather "political" realms actually.
And while you're at it, look up the phrase "assumptive duhmmy", and then affix that label to your forehead, so that you may view it for yourself, and so that I don't have to repeatedly remind you that thinking and speaking for yourself is no doubt, enough of a monumental task, with out you assuming to do such for anyone else, please and thank you.
You have your assumptions, I have mine. Don't like it? To f6cking bad.
I will voice my opinions no matter how much you hate peoples opinions. No one gives a shit about your complaints. This is an opinion forum. Don't like it? Then leave.
I stand by my statements and you certainly did not show them as wrong.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117299 Nov 17, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you misquote me , I did not say that lodi is of no intelligence,I said YOU all are of no intelligence.
I will base my definition of intelligence based on the postings on this thread , by me and you Atheists.
Intelligence is something I have and you all lack
Oh the hubris of fundies.

So a human that can type and understand language is of no intelligence? Maybe you should learn what words mean. Even as stupid as your statement was, it takes a certain amount of intelligence just to say it. But I am sure you cannot really understand what I am saying.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117300 Nov 17, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you misquote me , I did not say that lodi is of no intelligence,I said YOU all are of no intelligence.
I will base my definition of intelligence based on the postings on this thread , by me and you Atheists.
Intelligence is something I have and you all lack
actually, you just misquoted yourself stupid. You said, and I quote, "you and other atheists". The word "all" is not the word you used. Do you know what the word "quote" even means?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117301 Nov 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one is honest based upon a platform of viewing things from the scientific perspectives.
I personally, like many others no doubt, don't read science books, for the more philosophical type aspects of life.
For example, I enjoyed this reading myself today, as I do enjoy some "good soul food" mixed in with some Science as well.
(And yes, you may consider it as PROOF, Science and philosophical readings CAN and often DO, abide harmoniously in many, with out issue).
----------
Create in me a clean heart, O God.—Psalm 51:10
Not long ago, someone asked me a very tough question:“What is the longest you have gone without sinning? A week, a day, an hour?” How can we answer a question like that? If we’re truthful, we might say,“I can’t live a day without sinning.” Or if we look back over the past week, we might see that we haven’t confessed to God even one sin. But we would be fooling ourselves if we said we hadn’t sinned in our thoughts or actions for a week.
God knows our hearts and whether we’re sensitive to the convicting power of the Holy Spirit. If we really know ourselves, we take 1 John 1:8 to heart,“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” We certainly don’t want verse 10 to be true of us,“If we say that we have not sinned,... His word is not in us.”
A more encouraging question to ask might be:“What is God’s response to our admission of sin and need for forgiveness?” The answer:“If we confess ..., He is faithful and just to forgive us”(v.9). Jesus has taken our sin problem upon Himself by dying in our place and rising again. That’s why He can create in us “a clean heart”(Ps. 51:10). My young friend Jaydon is right when he says,“Jesus is the hero over our sins.”—Anne Cetas
No one can say they don’t need
Forgiveness for their sin,
For all must come to Christ by faith
To have new life within.—Branon
Christ’s forgiveness is the door to a new beginning.
I disagree.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117302 Nov 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
especially since that's actually quite UNtrue.
Is intelligent design the same as creationism?
No. The theory of intelligent design is simply an effort to empirically detect whether the "apparent design" in nature acknowledged by virtually all biologists is genuine design (the product of an intelligent cause) or is simply the product of an undirected process such as natural selection acting on random variations. Creationism typically starts with a religious text and tries to see how the findings of science can be reconciled to it. Intelligent design starts with the empirical evidence of nature and seeks to ascertain what inferences can be drawn from that evidence. Unlike creationism, the scientific theory of intelligent design does not claim that modern biology can identify whether the intelligent cause detected through science is supernatural.( id.org )
There is no "scientific theory" of intelligent design. Do you have any idea what is needed for a scientific theory? Clearly not.
But this looks to be a cut and paste job anyway, as it has much better English than you ever use.
So your plagerism has untrue statements within.
ROFL

Nicholasville, KY

#117303 Nov 17, 2013
I have no problem with the bible being in school. Everyone needs to read a fiction book at least once in their lives. It builds the imagination.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117304 Nov 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of acknowledges the basis of the Big Bang theory in it's own abstract way though now, doesn't it Duquette.
No, it does not acknowledge it one bit. It only show man in those days can see light and inferred their god must have made said light, nothing more. But now that science has learned of the Big Bang, it is certain you guys will claim it is what they were speaking of.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117305 Nov 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
It inserting a creator of some sort, into a gap of UNKNOWN.
Exactly, how much time evolved in the process of the Big Bang theory Duquette?
Just say .."you don't know" (everything) and be truly honest for a change.
Unlike the fundies and yourself, I have been saying, I don't know, as no one on earth knows.

And your question makes no sense. Learn English.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117306 Nov 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
It inserting a creator of some sort, into a gap of UNKNOWN.
Exactly, how much time evolved in the process of the Big Bang theory Duquette?
Just say .."you don't know" (everything) and be truly honest for a change.
Just how is "gap of unknown" different than what I said?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117307 Nov 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
When ID researchers find irreducible complexity in biology, they conclude that such structures were designed.
They "don't really know" either.
ID fundies can claim something is irreducibly complex all they wish. But they cannot show it. It is a false claim. It is the lie of creationism.
Why must fundies lie to promote their religion? And why do you fall for it? Probably because you do not read science for science. Now go read some more fundie web sites and cut and paste.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#117308 Nov 17, 2013
Known Fact of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
By the same reasoning why not decide there are no thieves either and because of your opinion you leave all of your belongings open so anyone can take what they want. Would your opinion serve as a protection for you. I am sure Satan is delighted because you choose not to believe in him! 2 Corinthians 4:4
No satan can be tested, thieves can. So your example fails. Try again.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#117309 Nov 18, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There is no "scientific theory" of intelligent design. Do you have any idea what is needed for a scientific theory? Clearly not.
But this looks to be a cut and paste job anyway, as it has much better English than you ever use.
So your plagerism has untrue statements within.
Put your glasses on next time ol' dude-and mabye you won't miss the abbreviated citation following.

Or, you can just knock yourself out telling the intelligent design.org people what they base THEIR theories on.

(are you TRYING to score STUPID points?)
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#117310 Nov 18, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No, it does not acknowledge it one bit. It only show man in those days can see light and inferred their god must have made said light, nothing more. But now that science has learned of the Big Bang, it is certain you guys will claim it is what they were speaking of.
Vis a Vis ol] dude-vis a vis.

(and just in case-never where red/blue on pink--unless you should like to appear tacky!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Runway lights out 6 hr Last flight leaving 2
News KSP Makes Arrests at Party Complaint in Magoffi... 6 hr trumpcansuckit 9
Pike Co. Sheriffs Office (Nov '08) 6 hr trumpcansuckit 267
Hitchhikers 6 hr yo yo 5
people who don't have a life in the city park 6 hr yo yo 8
FBI agent mark Putnam movie 6 hr Film critic 5
Is Pikeville Really Growing? Honestly? 7 hr piccachu 334
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages