Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149807 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116183 Nov 3, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well that is not what I believe, as I have told you repeatedly but your thick head cannot register.
I am not the fool who openly claimed using human logic is not good. That is what a believer said, and it is not the first believer here who has said the same. It is what the bible says. I hope they do not follow Deuteronomy as literally.
What you have often stated is that you don't know ,in essence , you don't know what you believe in.
That is very plain and I fully understand it
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116184 Nov 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to counting the legs on insects, it seems that the bible god and his followers have trouble getting past four.
The topic is, can dukette count up to eleventeen or not?

Are you claiming that you can count that high or that you can't?
Stick to the topic Brit,

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#116185 Nov 3, 2013
Sn0w333 wrote:
We didn't have all these school shooting, and the bullying when the Bible was taught in schools. That didn't happen until it was taken out. So if you ask me this is a good thing !
When the bible was taught in schools you just had the genocide of the American Indians as christians slaughtered them in their thousands.

Cambridge, UK

#116186 Nov 3, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic is, can dukette count up to eleventeen or not?
Are you claiming that you can count that high or that you can't?
Stick to the topic Brit,
You're a fine one to take people to task on counting when your holy book tells us that insects have four legs.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116187 Nov 3, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Might I recommend the Windsor Rose? I'm not a fan of English food, but he (and the general public) might be safer with a mug of Earl Gray than a cup of Guinness. Oh, and another thing - make sure it's not December. Lights of Lake will be far too much stimulation for his.. condition.
No , you may not recommend the Windsor Rose. English food tastes like constipated mud.
December is also not a good time. That is the time when witchetty makes the big bucks decorating Christmas trees.
Personally , I preffer a restaurant where thety have alligator porkchops on the menu.
That way we can finally put your pet alligator,Don Quixote , out of it's misery,

Cambridge, UK

#116188 Nov 3, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Foolish one , You are referring to Abraham.
In your desire to mislead, deceive and misconstrue , you left out some important and relevant facts;
Abraham was tested by God and asked to sacrifice his son Isaac;
Let us remember that the Bible states very clearly thet "God will not test you beyond what you can endure.
Now let us get back to Abraham;
When Abraham and Isaac arrived at the place of sacrifice ,Abraham told his servants , you stay here till WE return.
Meaning he and Isaac would return , Abraham knew that he would not be tested beyond what he could endure.
Moreover ,as they went up the Mountain Isaac asked , Where is the sacrifice that we are offering unto the Lord?
Abraham replied , Do not worry ,the Lord will provide that which is to be sacrificed.
Abraham did not say that he wouild provide the sacrifice ,he said that it would be God who would do so.
You are renowned for misrepresenting that which is written in the bible,this is one more instance that can be added to that long and erroneous list.
Abraham found it hard to obey his god's command to slaughter his son but his willingness to commit murder was considered praiseworthy!!!?? Jephthah found it difficult to sacrifice his daughter to god but he was obligated to carrying out this vile act because of a promise he made to god. Why didn't god stop that sacrifice? I guess he wasn't in the mood for half-measures that day and knowing that someone was willing to murder their child for him wasn't enough - god wanted blood.

If Abraham and Jephthah were truly moral they would have defied God.

Why don't you say to your wife that you don't believe that she loves you so she must prove it by killing the old lady next door? Then say that if she doesn't obey you will beat and torture her.

It's barbaric and an abuse of power.

Yet this is what your god does all the time. if you don't do as he wishes then you are punished in hell
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116189 Nov 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Abraham found it hard to obey his god's command to slaughter his son but his willingness to commit murder was considered praiseworthy!!!?? Jephthah found it difficult to sacrifice his daughter to god but he was obligated to carrying out this vile act because of a promise he made to god. Why didn't god stop that sacrifice? I guess he wasn't in the mood for half-measures that day and knowing that someone was willing to murder their child for him wasn't enough - god wanted blood.
Why don't you say to your wife that you don't believe that she loves you so she must prove it by killing the old lady next door? Then say that if she doesn't obey you will beat and torture her.
Yet this is what your god does all the time. if you don't do as he wishes then you are punished in hell
Hey , I post Dukette and you reply in his stead.
What are you? His puppet or one of his other monikers.
Let me leave you with these 2 four letter wods Baka Saru
Now go find out their meaning////
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116190 Nov 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a fine one to take people to task on counting when your holy book tells us that insects have four legs.
So do jackasses.. How many can I put you down for?
BillyDee4

Van Nuys, CA

#116191 Nov 3, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
For sure, Armour, Swift and the Union stockyards, plus there was manufacturing, the railroad, the World's Fair... there's lots of history in Chi town and the nation wouldn't be the same without it. Miserable place to drive and I'd hate to live there. I suppose you've spent a lot of time around Rockford, the quad cities, Peoria, Springfield, Carbondale,...?
I heard a guy left his heart in San Francisco, but I left my appendix in Galesburg - a story for another day.
I grew up living next to the stockyards in Chicago. No one could escape the smell. I had to wait for the bus on a street that was a major route to the stockyards. It was lovely to stand next to the cattle cars stopped for the traffic light and watch them crap through the boards of the cattle car.
I also left my appendix in Galesburg in 1968 while I was at Knox College.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#116192 Nov 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Bible study helps develop character.
http://youtu.be/Vgjfvg-K8K4
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116193 Nov 3, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm convinced your eyes are clogged full up with your own doodoo too.
Repeat-STOP trying to think for anyone else...it's obvious you struggle enough just trying to do that for yourself.
LOL

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116194 Nov 3, 2013
Sn0w333 wrote:
We didn't have all these school shooting, and the bullying when the Bible was taught in schools. That didn't happen until it was taken out. So if you ask me this is a good thing !
Actually, we've had school violence all along. Just because it was happening long before the internet and cable television doesn't mean it didn't happen.
AllofOneBlood

Horse Cave, KY

#116195 Nov 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone gets that chance in life to talk to someone that knows what they're talking about, but many times we blow them off, and you never know WHO, when, or where, they might be or when you might meet them, but that moment is the moment that many often miss and may never get another chance at again, because we have no promise of tomorrow. So, take every moment in this life seriously, you could learn something, you never knew, you never knew.

John 16:25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but THE TIME COMETH, when I shall NO MORE speak unto you IN PROVERBS, but I SHALL SHOW YOU PLAINLY OF THE FATHER.

Isaiah 28:9,Whom shall HE TEACH knowledge? and whom shall he make TO UNDERSTAND doctrine? them that are WEANED FROM THE MILK, and DRAWN FROM THE BREASTS.
10 For (((precept must be upon precept))); (((line upon line))); HERE A LITTLE, AND THERE A LITTLE:
AllofOneBlood

Horse Cave, KY

#116196 Nov 3, 2013
Deuteronomy 32:24 They (YOU) shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them (YOU), with the Poison of Serpents of the dust.

Psalm 78:49 (KJV) He (THE LORD) cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending EVIL ANGELS among them.

Ezekiel 6:10 And they shall know that I am the LORD, and that I have not said in vain that I would do this evil unto them.

Proverbs 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, EVEN THE WICKED FOR THE DAY OF EVIL.

Exodus 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. WHEN THOU ART IN TRIBULATION, and ALL THESE THINGS ARE COME UPON THEE, EVEN IN THE LATTER DAYS, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;

1 John 4:8 God is Love.(added: In sum God is a man of War but he is also a God of LOVE.)

Romans 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to THIS END Christ BOTH died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord BOTH of the DEAD AND LIVING.

Matthew 13:30 Let BOTH grow together until the harvest: and IN THE TIME OF HARVEST I will say to the reapers (the reapers are the angels verse 39), Gather ye together first the tares, and BIND them in BUNDLES to BURN them: but gather THE WHEAT INTO MY BARN.

Matthew 13:39 >>>>>>THE HARVEST IS THE END OF THE WORLD<<<<< <<<<<
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#116197 Nov 3, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you do something for fun, is it on purpose?
I am starting to understand why you need a rule book. You have little deductive reasoning skills and no sense of morality.
As opposed to you ,who have NO deductive reasoning skills or sense of morality.
Your perspective on reality also falls short.
You still believe that curious is going to slap the spit out of your mouth.
If I really wanted to do that, I would not send an imaginary figment of my imagination to do it.
I'd do it myself LOL So Watch out ,Baka Saru....
AllofOneBlood

Horse Cave, KY

#116198 Nov 3, 2013
Matthew 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Deuteronomy 30:19 .... I have set before you LIFE AND DEATH, BLESSING AND CURSING: therefore choose LIFE, that BOTH thou and thy seed may LIVE:

1 Corinthians 3:19 … the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

---God in a final attempt to get our attention will pour out His wrath by sending EVIL ANGELS upon those who refused to open their eyes, to open the eyes of those who will (Mathew 13:15). That is the only thing Man seems to respond to. We do not cry out His name or ask questions until the ground is quaking under our feet, or the waves are washing us away (Luke 23:39-43); (Psalm 34:17); (Mark 10:31). God will do it out of LOVE for his own,“Believe it, or Not”! Many have asked “Where is the Love?” There it is. Death and/or Judgement is the point of no return, and God will do whatever it takes to bring each one of us to the point of repentance before He judges (2 Peter 3:9);(Ezekiel 18:32);(Mathew 3:11,12). I believe He will even go to the extremes of raining down fire (Luke 12:49) from Heaven. The shame of it is that some will be so stiff necked that even the fear of that will not open their eyes (Proverbs 16:6; 1:7; 4:7; 9:10). If you think about it, we all have a season to burn. Either we can burn now for a short while and accept what God expects from us, which is only for our own good, or we can burn forever wishing we had done what was for our own good (Mathew 21:44). If we choose to run with the Devil we can only expect his fate in return. We, not God, will choose our fate by the decisions we have made.
This thought can also explain the everyday tribulation that goes on in our lives. Jesus defeated Satan on the Cross and made a puppet out of him. Jesus finished His work their on the cross Loving everyone even those that despised him, and so now by that perfect work (Mathew 5:43-48), Satan has no authority to move unless it is given to him to do the Lords will, which is to, wake us up. God allows this to bring us to repentance, and do the things we ought to do; love Him first and love one another, because without “Him” there wouldn’t be an “Us”. Is that too much to ask?(Revelation 3:19); (Mark 12:30,31)
--- God loves us so much that he will do whatever it takes to bring us to repentance, even if it means using Death himself (Revelation 6:8). He always tries the easy way first, but our stiff necks often drive Him to wrath and He will surely send Great Tribulation to all nations before the end. Therefore this is why a :

Job 14:1 Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.

Ezekiel 6:10 And they shall know that I AM the LORD, and that I have not said in vain that I would do this EVIL unto them.
AllofOneBlood

Horse Cave, KY

#116199 Nov 3, 2013
Haggai 2:6 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the Heavens, and the Earth, and the sea, and the dry land; 7 And I will shake ALL NATIONS, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.

Luke 12:49 I AM come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

Job 5:17 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:

1 John 4:8 God is Love.

John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for (((the prince of this world cometh))), and hath NOTHING IN ME.

2 Corinthians 4:3,4 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom (((the god of this world))) HATH BLINDED THE MINDS of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Proverbs 1:30 They would NONE of my counsel: they DESPISED ALL my reproof.
31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of THEIR OWN WAY, and be filled with THEIR OWN DEVICES. 32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause (Proverbs 1:30) God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe A LIE: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the Truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Psalm 34:21 Evil shall slay the Wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.

Proverbs 1:33 BUT, WHOSO HEARKENETH unto me shall DWELL SAFELY, and SHALL BE QUIET from FEAR OF EVIL.

Matthew 18:3 Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

John 14:15 If ye LOVE me, keep my Commandments.

Matthew 7:12 Therefore ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for THIS IS THE LAW and the prophets.

Galatians 5:14 For ALL THE LAW is fulfilled in ONE WORD, even in this; (((Thou shalt LOVE thy neighbour as thyself))).

Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely,(((Thou shalt LOVE thy neighbour as thyself))). 10 LOVE worketh NO ILL to his neighbour: therefore LOVE is the fulfilling of THE LAW.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the MERCIFUL: for they shall obtain MERCY.
8 Blessed are The Pure in Heart: for they shall SEE GOD.

John 1:1 In the beginning was THE WORD, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD.

1 John 4:8 God is LOVE.
AllofOneBlood

Horse Cave, KY

#116200 Nov 3, 2013
John 1:14 And THE WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and Truth.

Revelation 22:13 I AM Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the FIRST AND THE LAST.

Revelation1:18 I AM he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM ALIVE FOR EVERMORE, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death.

Deuteronomy 30:19 ……therefore CHOOSE LIFE, that BOTH thou and thy seed may LIVE:

John 15:3 NOW ye are clean through THE WORD which I have spoken unto YOU.

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of WISDOM: and THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE HOLY IS UNDERSTANDING.

Ephesians 5:17 Wherefore be ye NOT UNWISE, but UNDERSTANDING what the will of the Lord is.

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of CONFUSION.

Matthew 13:19 When ANY ONE heareth the word of the kingdom, and UNDERSTANDETH IT NOT, then cometh THE WICKED ONE, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. THIS IS HE WHICH RECEIVED SEED BY THE WAY SIDE.

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, DWELLETH NOT IN TEMPLES MADE WITH HANDS;

Acts 14:15,16 Who in TIMES PAST SUFFERED ALL NATIONS to walk in THEIR OWN WAYS.

Matthew 12:42 ….behold, A GREATER THAN SOLOMAN IS HERE.
Matthew 18:20 For WHERE TWO OR THREE are gathered together IN MY NAME, THERE AM I in the MIDST of them.

John 15:5 I AM the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for WITHOUT ME YE CAN DO NOTHING.

John 3:2 Beloved, NOW ARE WE THE SONS OF GOD, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for WE SHALL SEE HIM AS HE IS. 3 And EVERY MAN that hath this hope in him PURIFIETH HIMSELF, even as HE IS PURE.

John 14:20 At THAT DAY ye shall know that I AM in my Father, and YE IN ME, and I IN YOU.

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you FREE, ye shall be FREE INDEED.
AllofOneBlood

Horse Cave, KY

#116201 Nov 3, 2013
Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, DWELLETH NOT IN TEMPLES MADE WITH HANDS;

Revelation 3:21 To him that OVERCOMETH will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of Heaven and Earth, DWELLETH NOT IN TEMPLES MADE WITH HANDS;

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple (made with hands), and in three days I will raise it up.

Luke 17:21 ....for, behold, the Kingdom of God is within YOU.

Matthew 18:20 For WHERE TWO OR THREE are gathered together IN MY NAME, THERE AM I in the MIDST of them.

Acts 17:30 And THE TIMES OF THIS IGNORANCE God WINKED AT (suffered); but NOW commandeth ALL MEN EVERY WHERE to repent:

Hebrews 13:10 We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve THE TABERNACLE.

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, AS THE MANNER OF SOME IS; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the Truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

John 14:6 I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have Peace. In the world ye shall have Tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have OVERCOME THE WORLD.
2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for NEW HEAVENS and a NEW EARTH, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:22 And I saw NO TEMPLE therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb ARE THE TEMPLE OF IT. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

John 14:20 At THAT DAY ye shall know that I AM in my Father, and YE IN ME, and I IN YOU.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that YE ARE THE TEMPLE OF GOD, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in YOU?

John 10:34 Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are Gods?

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His Own Image...

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is LIBERTY. 18 But WE ALL, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, ARE CHANGED INTO THE SAME IMAGE from GLORY TO GLORY, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither MALE NOR FEMALE: for YE ARE ALL ONE in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to THE PROMISE.

Acts 17:26 God hath made of ONE BLOOD ALL NATIONS of men for to dwell on ALL THE FACE OF THE EARTH, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though HE BE NOT FAR FROM EVERY ONE OF US:

Matthew 7:12 Therefore ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for THIS IS THE LAW (THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE) and the prophets.

Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that OVERCOMETH shall not be hurt of THE SECOND DEATH.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the MERCIFUL: for they shall obtain MERCY.
8 Blessed are THE PURE IN HEART: for they shall SEE GOD.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear THE CONCLUSION of THE WHOLE MATTER: Fear God, and KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: for THIS IS THE WHOLE DUTY OF MAN.

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written EVERY ONE, I suppose that even THE WORLD ITSELF COULD NOT CONTAIN THE BOOKS THAT SHOULD BE WRITTEN. Amen.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116202 Nov 3, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No , you may not recommend the Windsor Rose. English food tastes like constipated mud.
December is also not a good time. That is the time when witchetty makes the big bucks decorating Christmas trees.
Personally , I preffer a restaurant where thety have alligator porkchops on the menu.
That way we can finally put your pet alligator,Don Quixote , out of it's misery,
I didn't say I liked English food either, did I? I just think it's prudent for WitW to pick a dry venue, considering the pre-existing dilapidated mental condition of religies. Speaking of which, there is no such thing as "alligator porkchops," so I don't know what kind of slophouses you are accustomed to - since they lie on the menu, I'm going to guess they are the ones with the fishes and crucifixes on their plywood signs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 31 min Red_Forman 7,577
Baby Daddy???? 51 min Yes 3
Pike County Solid Waste (Feb '08) 54 min Steaming 34
p'villes hot cruizing spot 1 hr cruizin4u 1
Neurontin (Mar '11) 1 hr Jwild 33
Paul Patton Statue 1 hr Derrick 77654 6
One Hundred Jobs 1 hr County Resurection 10
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 2 hr Uncle Tom 32,719

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages