Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
110,201 - 110,220 of 128,794 Comments Last updated 25 min ago
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you do acknowledge the or as part of the bible yet continue to claim the bible does not promote labeling of groups in a bigoted manner?
But I showed the NT does this also.
But please take what I said out of context as you did here and ignore most everything else I said. It is your MO. All the atheists here have recognized this is your MO.
You condemn labeling yet the bible does it, and you just can't admit this.
Now keep dancing around this main point some more in order to divert.
Those are your twisted distortions unot others, and your spews of hypocritical judgements, not mine.

I see the book for what it is, a book of many aspects, written by mortals, preserved for milleniums.

But then again, I am NOT an atheist, so naturally, I WOULD see things differently then you.
You have a problem with THAT-eh?
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How does it show mistakes? I see the bible claims many of atrocities were good things. So just were does one get his moral compass from if it is not from the instructions of the bible?
Strange you condemn us daily for what the bible also does. So spare me the ego bs. You sound like one giant ego.
>How does it show mistakes? I see the bible claims many of atrocities were good things. So just were does one get his moral compass from if it is not from the instructions of the bible?

What, what is THIS you say?
Are you finally getting what I have been saying all along?

What?

So, why then do you "condemn" MY perspective of it then?

Which is Duquette, it's either valuable for showing the IMPERFECTIONS of humanity through out civilization, or it's not.
So far, you have vehemently been ranting that it's NOT.

Which is Duquette?

You can now spare me YOUR ego-obviously I do NOT need YOU to THINK for me...especially since it took YOU so long to figure out the SIMPLICITY in just what I've been saying all along.

DUH (DUH, DUH) duhmmy.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
Punishment of evil = Good!
So genocide is ok in your mind. Wow.

Yaa, you are sick.
Your unbearable shame at the things you have done (and, of course, the drugs) have crippled your mind.

You scream about abortions yet admit you would kill your own child should that voice in your head tell you to.

Your family should get help for you before you hurt someone.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>First, you have yet to point out what I supposedly lied about.
Second, you condemn daily on this thread, hypocrite.
Third, the bible condemns constantly.
This is a debate forum. Their is a major dispute of what is allowable by government. The theists feel Government should be promoting their holy book.
I disagree this is a good thing.
We get it, you had those who condemn except yourself and the bible. Well maybe you do hate yourself and the bible but you just are scared to admit it.
I believe in promoting ethics over unethical, integrity over charlatinism, decency over indecency, morality over immorality, civility over uncivilness, humaness over inhumane, kindness and humbleness over greed and arrogance, and a whole lot of other worthwhile qualities, over their not so good oppositions.

I don't care WHERE anyone reads it from to learn the worthwhile attributes, and the differences from the NOT so worthwhile ones, so long as they do.

And I do not believe in propagating "hatred" and that includes of myself OR the Bible.

Perhaps that is YOUR own personal issue? You would rather propogate hatred?
I personally TRY to get beyond that type of garbage, when ever possible anyway, thank you.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We serve a purpose also buddy. But that never stopped your ego from condemning us.
And please do not speak at me with such CONdensation, there's really no need to.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do you always divert?
You have refused the point I have made repeatedly. I will continue to make the point. Rebut when you grow a pair.
WRONG genetics for that ever happening.

Just another incorrect assumption on your part.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I learned it from reading the bible.
I believe that!!!!
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That's what you THINK!
We on the other hand KNOW!
See... sick people like you (as we were) think it's ok to hump everything that moves, and if you get pregnant... cut it out!
It's one of those things you think is Nothing...
You will see how much it means!
You will be ashamed!
Now you are being condescending.

Put your stones back in your pockets YaA, don't we all have enough of our OWN flaws, foibles and IMperfections to worry about, with out picking at others?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
YaA is just usually defending his faith...something he really shouldn't have to do, but it gives you bonehead types something to whine about so...I then say-carry on, right back at 'em YaA.
You have something against nice trolls? At least I don't have a troll booth schemed and plotted, waiting on you duhmazz wormy types.
You are not a "nice troll". You are just a hypocrite. YaA is the one who writes the boneheaded stuff he gets called on.(FYI, YaA - "ethics" doesn't come from the Bible, and neither do the words "moral" or "good". Look them up.) He is just defending his faith? Ask him about Catholics. He almost needed rabies shots when I told him I attended vespers every night when I was young and he's still suspicious of what religion I was raised in. Ask him if Hindus should believe in reincarnation cycles or if Buddhists can go to Nirvana now that nearly every human on Earth has access to the Bible and the teachings of his savior Jesus Christ. And as far as duhmass wormy types, what about curious - do you think his paranoid rants about the atheist multiple moniker conspiracy are the product of a rational mind? You teabaggers aren't very good at debate - you think anyone with an opposing viewpoint is unfairly educated and stuffing the ballot boxes.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not a "nice troll". You are just a hypocrite. YaA is the one who writes the boneheaded stuff he gets called on.(FYI, YaA - "ethics" doesn't come from the Bible, and neither do the words "moral" or "good". Look them up.) He is just defending his faith? Ask him about Catholics. He almost needed rabies shots when I told him I attended vespers every night when I was young and he's still suspicious of what religion I was raised in. Ask him if Hindus should believe in reincarnation cycles or if Buddhists can go to Nirvana now that nearly every human on Earth has access to the Bible and the teachings of his savior Jesus Christ. And as far as duhmass wormy types, what about curious - do you think his paranoid rants about the atheist multiple moniker conspiracy are the product of a rational mind? You teabaggers aren't very good at debate - you think anyone with an opposing viewpoint is unfairly educated and stuffing the ballot boxes.
lol

(mental note to self when adressing YaA..do not mention stuff like Confirmations lol)

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
Whatever you want to believe, but I know God talks!
What does his voice sound like?
Yes and Amen wrote:
In just a few LONG years (I was gonna say short, but it's gonna feel like forever) The Lord will return, as written in Daniel, and Revelation... Look for the signs, as they are all around for the Lovers of God to see!
Soon? LOL

Your god's been coming "soon" for nearly 2000 years now.

When the author of Revelations said that Jesus was coming "soon" he really meant "soon". Not, more than two thousand years later.

REV 22:20

Futhermore, no less a person than Paul foretold that the end would come in his lifetime and that he'd be one of those who fly up to heaven.

1 Thess. 4:15-17

Check out the first words of Jesus in the oldest surviving gospel. "Very near" is not over two thousand years.

Mark 1:15

Luke tells us that "Even now the axe is lying at the root of the trees". What he failed to mention is that two thousand years later it will still be lying there because his god has failed to pick it up. Of course, Luke wasn't thinking that his god would take that long. eh?

Luke 3: 7-9
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Duquette just likes to try and turn his face red on purpose, so he can pretend he has a sunburn that'll turn into a tan...ergo "woof woof woof, bawk, bawk bawk, blah blah blah" ego lol.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Punishment of evil = Good!
Choose Righteousness unto Life, or sin unto death!
Life is a choice!
What is your sin that you need so badly to die for?
"Observe what I command you this day. Behold, I am driving out from before you the Amorite and the Canaanite and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite. Take heed to yourself, lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land where you are going, lest it be a snare in your midst. But you shall destroy their altars, break their sacred pillars, and cut down their wooden images."

Exodus 34:11-14

"You will chase your enemies, and they shall fall by the sword before you. Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you. For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you. You shall eat the old harvest, and clear out the old because of the new."

Leviticus 26:7-9

Here we have people living in their own lands and exercising freedom of religion and you think it's a good thing that they get slaughtered?

If only you could see what your religion has done to you.

No wonder christians had no qualms in slaughtering the American Indians.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What does his voice sound like?
<quoted text>
Soon? LOL
Your god's been coming "soon" for nearly 2000 years now.
When the author of Revelations said that Jesus was coming "soon" he really meant "soon". Not, more than two thousand years later.
REV 22:20
Futhermore, no less a person than Paul foretold that the end would come in his lifetime and that he'd be one of those who fly up to heaven.
1 Thess. 4:15-17
Check out the first words of Jesus in the oldest surviving gospel. "Very near" is not over two thousand years.
Mark 1:15
Luke tells us that "Even now the axe is lying at the root of the trees". What he failed to mention is that two thousand years later it will still be lying there because his god has failed to pick it up. Of course, Luke wasn't thinking that his god would take that long. eh?
Luke 3: 7-9
Point is, there is ALWAYS something to be learned, no matter the source.

It is what and how people CHOOSE to do with the same, that makes the differences.

YaA seems to be just more of a "Better safe than sorry" type person.

So am I.

That's just the difference in people, because people are NOT robot clones, or all the "same".

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That's what you THINK!
We on the other hand KNOW!
See... sick people like you (as we were) think it's ok to hump everything that moves, and if you get pregnant... cut it out!
It's one of those things you think is Nothing...
You will see how much it means!
You will be ashamed!
You're wrong.

"If the basic constants of fundamental physical laws were even slightly different, lesbian sex could not exist. Ergo, God exists, and He is a bro who likes to watch women get it on." -- Blake Stacey

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>One thing you forget... you cannot even use words like Morals, Good, and ethics, as those are religious words...
No! you can only use words like Preference...
You do not WANT to do what it takes to get proof of God, because
you are Afraid to KNOW what we Know!
God is real, and in Romans 1... it proves you do too!
Imagine... a Book that spoke of you... Long ago!
Morals and ethics are religious words? Show me the etymology to support what you say.

You would confine all of morality within your religion when in reality, good ethics and morals are found in all religions.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would any one keep harping on such a delusionary type scenario then? It makes no sense.
Perhaps you shouldn't speak for what someone else might (or even more so) might NOT, "think".
When something is helpful posatively for people, and it's of no harm to others, then it IS valuable.
Please don't EVER attempt to chair anything like AA meetings (or anything similar).
You're extreme negativety would poison the decades enduring program, and that would NOT be good for people. Not at all.
LOL! So you think >you< are a good candidate to chair an AA meeting, Sista? I don't think you are qualified.
I agree that if "something is helpful posatively for people, and it's of no harm to others, then it IS valuable." Indoctrinating children and pressing the vulnerable into religions/social psychoses is not automatically harmless simply because you want to portray yourself as tolerant and spiritual.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What does the red one win?
Damnation???
Oh that's a good one!
If that's the case, I hope you are in the short line!
No, he gets the majority of souls.

He's clever, you know; he tricked your god.

Well, he would have if he actually existed.
amanda

Martin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Christians, you aren't responsible for answering for every atrocity that's ever been committed by Christians of the past; nor are you responsible for every controversial part of the bible. You aren't obligated to stand trial for the old testament's teachings. Those who insist that you do so only want to make you question your own faith. You aren't obligated to answer for the witch trials or the sins of your predecessors.

You are only obligated to follow the teachings of Jesus and the New Testament, and be a decent Christian as of now in the age we are living.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all!
I know children that die, go straight to the Father!
I on the other hand, I have to stay here, and contend with
people that are wise in their own conceit!
I will be here until His return, Internet gets wiped out, or
until He says otherwise!
If one of you opens your eyes to see... it will be worth it!
Thank you Jesus!
Amen!
You're making this up as you go along, aren't you.

Where does the bible say that children go straight to heaven?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min truth 98
wal mart tire and lube express (Jul '09) 9 min Your stupid 83
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min itzik fishman 146,462
Anyone know Jessica Gibson 27 min superman2869 0
"No News Is Good News" (Is It Really???) 36 min opinion 4
Is Frankie damron married 45 min Johnny 7
dating relationships 1 hr anynamefillinblank 3
july 23 2014 grand jury indictments 1 hr opinion 21
What is Anna Pinson hiding? 4 hr illegal foreclosure 21
TJ Litafik 15 hr Little Doper 15
paris cowboy = music Fri MUSICK-NESS 75
•••
•••
•••
•••