Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 179823 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115778 Oct 29, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that the Atheist church is making fun of religion right? A place for people of like thinking to come together and have fun without being threatened with hell.
They sing Bon Jovi songs for Christ sakes. It is funny tho how quick it's growing once you take out all the lies and most of the idiots.
Let me clarify for you why Atheists have been branded as fools.
Their actions serve to confirm what we already know about them.
The Atgheist Church is NOT making fun of religion ,as you foolishly claim.

Harry Cheadle at Vice admits he started on his path toward atheism because he "wanted to stay home on Sundays." But the idea of an atheist church has him reconsidering his aversion to organized religion:Since I'm an atheist, I'll base this claim on data:

"Studies have shown that those who go to church are happier, more optimistic, and healthier than others; attending religious services helps kids fight depression and by some accounts makes people more charitable. Obviously most atheists won't have a very good time gathering at a church or synagogue or temple where everyone is devoted to praising and beseeching an imaginary being, but if you believe these studies, they could do with attending something like church.[Vice]"

Says I; The fool completely ignores the point that , it is precisely because those who attend religious services do so,in order to praise and beseech God , That the benefits he mentioned ,happier ,healthier and more optimistic than others come as a result of Worship and praise.

Most assuredly , thosed results are not caused by the Superstition that,if a group of people get together in a room and play Bon Jovi music"although Bon Jovi is a Christian" that they will be healthier,happier and more optimistic.
If you believe that, all you need to do is buy a Bon Jovi CD and play it at home.

"Ian Dodd, the Los Angeles Assembly co-founder, isn't daunted by atheism's definitional lack of common faith: "The church model has worked really well for a couple of thousand years," he tells Salon. "What we're trying to do is hold on to the bath water while throwing out the baby Jesus"

Says I; This fool ,Ian Dodd , completely ignores the fact that the Church model was based on the teachings of OUR LORD ,Jesus Christ.
It is HIM that draws us to Church and HE is the reason that the church model works.
His foolishness has blinded him to that fact.

Jones hopes that the Sunday Assemblies will start taking on some of the community functions traditionally performed by churches: Sunday school, weddings, funerals, non-religious BAPTISMS (or "naming ceremonies"), among others.

It won't be the first time atheists have tried to band together, Nick Spencer at Theos tells Britain's The Guardian. In the 19th century, non-religious people formed hundreds of "ethical unions," focused on good works and community, with services structured along the lines of a church liturgy. They lasted for a generation or two.

Says I; In the past ,when Atheists banded together and focused on good deeds and community , with services structured along the lines of a church liturgy ,they failed totally , because they left out the ingredient that keeps it all together , belief in God and trusting Jesus Christ.

Let me give you an example of Atheistic Foolishness'
If you have a toothache ,you can not simply go to the dentist's office ,say hello to those in the waiting room and then go back homeand expect your toothache to go away.
The main ingredient is the Dentist. If you eliminate him you will not be cured ,regardless of how many times you go to his office.
Going to church and denying God serves the same useless purpose.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115779 Oct 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You just threw another stinkbomb as a smokescreem.
It is 1 God ,living , intelligent and conscious,who created the Universe and all therein.
That which you worship , that nothing created something from nothing can be compared favorbly with the many monikers that appear
on this thread.
The monikers are nonliving ,nonintelligent and nonconscious ,albeit we can conclude that these monikers were created by some form of intelligence.
Nevertheles , they posses no living power of their own.
That being said,they are more real than the nonsense you place your faith in , which you are quite unable to defend.
It is clear you live in the mind that all things must be as they appear to the simple mind.
I have no doubt that this is how and why the inventers of your god made up the story of creation. None of this imaginative thinking makes it true.
The ancients believed only an intelligent mind made lighting strike and where. It struck those that were bad. But then that gap of knowledge was filled, so that god died (for most).

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115780 Oct 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me clarify for you why Atheists have been branded as fools.
Their actions serve to confirm what we already know about them.
The Atgheist Church is NOT making fun of religion ,as you foolishly claim.
Harry Cheadle at Vice admits he started on his path toward atheism because he "wanted to stay home on Sundays." But the idea of an atheist church has him reconsidering his aversion to organized religion:Since I'm an atheist, I'll base this claim on data:
"Studies have shown that those who go to church are happier, more optimistic, and healthier than others; attending religious services helps kids fight depression and by some accounts makes people more charitable. Obviously most atheists won't have a very good time gathering at a church or synagogue or temple where everyone is devoted to praising and beseeching an imaginary being, but if you believe these studies, they could do with attending something like church.[Vice]"
Says I; The fool completely ignores the point that , it is precisely because those who attend religious services do so,in order to praise and beseech God , That the benefits he mentioned ,happier ,healthier and more optimistic than others come as a result of Worship and praise.
Most assuredly , thosed results are not caused by the Superstition that,if a group of people get together in a room and play Bon Jovi music"although Bon Jovi is a Christian" that they will be healthier,happier and more optimistic.
If you believe that, all you need to do is buy a Bon Jovi CD and play it at home.
"Ian Dodd, the Los Angeles Assembly co-founder, isn't daunted by atheism's definitional lack of common faith: "The church model has worked really well for a couple of thousand years," he tells Salon. "What we're trying to do is hold on to the bath water while throwing out the baby Jesus"
Says I; This fool ,Ian Dodd , completely ignores the fact that the Church model was based on the teachings of OUR LORD ,Jesus Christ.
It is HIM that draws us to Church and HE is the reason that the church model works.
His foolishness has blinded him to that fact.
Jones hopes that the Sunday Assemblies will start taking on some of the community functions traditionally performed by churches: Sunday school, weddings, funerals, non-religious BAPTISMS (or "naming ceremonies"), among others.
It won't be the first time atheists have tried to band together, Nick Spencer at Theos tells Britain's The Guardian. In the 19th century, non-religious people formed hundreds of "ethical unions," focused on good works and community, with services structured along the lines of a church liturgy. They lasted for a generation or two.
Says I; In the past ,when Atheists banded together and focused on good deeds and community , with services structured along the lines of a church liturgy ,they failed totally , because they left out the ingredient that keeps it all together , belief in God and trusting Jesus Christ.
Let me give you an example of Atheistic Foolishness'
If you have a toothache ,you can not simply go to the dentist's office ,say hello to those in the waiting room and then go back homeand expect your toothache to go away.
The main ingredient is the Dentist. If you eliminate him you will not be cured ,regardless of how many times you go to his office.
Going to church and denying God serves the same useless purpose.
We have heard your theory, and it does not change the fact that grouping together is what humans do, and it is good. It may not have all the effects of what your group has, but that could be a good thing. As we have pointed out that bad effects those have been shown to be. No need to repeat it.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115781 Oct 29, 2013
DowbgradeUSofA wrote:
<quoted text>
Just DUHMing down the TRUF--for all them thar fwee riding, obammie robbinghoodieTic off of other peoples backs entitlementalcase types.
Trying to create your own labels for certain types of people you like to condemn, I see. Your label is HYPOCRITE!!!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#115782 Oct 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would clarify for me;
Who has suggested that "killink is OK if God blesses it" should or will be taught in either public or Private Schoolos?
That certainly is not the teaching of Christ.....
So you do not think Moses was doing the right thing? Make up your mind dude. You cannot have your cake and eat it also.
Did Jesus say Moses was wrong? Nope. Jesus said he did not come to destroy the law of the prophets. You should follow the laws of the prophets, Jesus says. I suppose that includes Deuteronomy 13 6-10. So I say you are wrong, and the bible shows you wrong. This is why I do not want the bible taught in schools.
You and YaA defend Moses and his mass murder spree.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115783 Oct 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We have heard your theory, and it does not change the fact that grouping together is what humans do, and it is good. It may not have all the effects of what your group has, but that could be a good thing. As we have pointed out that bad effects those have been shown to be. No need to repeat it.
Well , the fact is that Atheists are grouping together in order to have the same benefits as Christians do ,in which they will fail ,as they did in their previous attempts , because they leave God out of the equation. It is through God that we attain these benefits,not by getting together and listening to Bon Jovi , as the wacko from Somerset claims.

Did you see where they have even borrowed the Christian ritual of Baptism?

That Smacks of Christian wannabes without Christ
In other words , you want God's blessing , because you know it is for your well being , but , you want no part of God.
Outwardly you deny him ,subconsciously , you seek him ,because it is obvious to your subconscious ,that you need him.

Your denials are futile and made null and void by your actions,
As actions speak louder than words

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115784 Oct 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for correcting Khatru . You are right ,There is only one God.
That Khatru believes there may be as many as Fifty is ,at least , a step in the right direction,as opposed to his previous belief that Nothing created Somethinf from nothing and, because of the law of Gravity , this Nothing , spontaneously created the Universe and life as we know it.
At least , that is the dumb(*) theory spouted by Stephen Hawkins , world renowned Scientist.
Oddly enough , many famous Atheists , Nietzch and Freud come to mind , where ultimately declared to be insane.
Not saying Dawkins is insane ,but, that is an insane theory.
You've shown all of us your tortuous logic trail leading to your conclusion that our universe was magicked together by supernatural means.

Now you're claiming that it was just the one cosmic mega-being behind it all and not a consortium of them.

Where do you get that from?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115785 Oct 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would clarify for me;
Who has suggested that "killink is OK if God blesses it" should or will be taught in either public or Private Schools?
That certainly is not the teaching of Christ.....
So you're advocating that Bible studies be restricted to just the teachings of Jesus?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115786 Oct 29, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
If only they could end their own buck teeth & bad hygiene.
No problem.

We'll do that after you lot stop tipping the scales as the world's fattest people.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115787 Oct 29, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that the Atheist church is making fun of religion right? A place for people of like thinking to come together and have fun without being threatened with hell.
They sing Bon Jovi songs for Christ sakes. It is funny tho how quick it's growing once you take out all the lies and most of the idiots.
I've heard the atheist church is like watching Star Wars without the evil empire.
non believer

Rancho Cordova, CA

#115788 Oct 29, 2013
Right wing christian extremist are trying to turn America into a Nazi fascist government.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115789 Oct 29, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You've shown all of us your tortuous logic trail leading to your conclusion that our universe was magicked together by supernatural means.
Now you're claiming that it was just the one cosmic mega-being behind it all and not a consortium of them.
Where do you get that from?
You are the one claiming that it was a consortium of God's that created the Universe.
I disagree with that conclusion , however , it makes much more sense ,than your previously held ,inane,illogical ,nonsesical ,illconceived ,devoid of intellect and eunuchized belief thatNothing created something out of nothing ,thereby spontaneously creating the Universe and life as we know it.

Now ,another Brit atributes all this nonsense to the Law of Gravity.
This gibberish surpasses the bounds of magic , Science Fiction and indicates that said individual has become lost in the State of Insanity and is unable to find his way out.
In your travels ,if you happen to run into him , throw a net over him and turn him over to the British Psychiatric Association.
They have posted a reward for anyone who apprehends him.
just tell him you are taking him to the Atheist Church in London
where Bon Jovi will be performing..He will eat that right up,as have many other atheists. If you need more entertainment , call me.
I do a mean version of La Bamba.
para bailar a La bamba , se necesita una poca de gracia,
Pa mi y pa ti , arriba y arriba por ti sere,por tisere,porti sere,
Bamba, bamba ,bamba ,bamba.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#115790 Oct 29, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem.
We'll do that after you lot stop tipping the scales as the world's fattest people.
Easy.

You may already know this but in the usa there is the bible belt. It is heavily populated with the religiously impaired. What I find interesting is the bible belt has the highest obesity per cap, highest in under educated people and the highest murder rate. I guess god needs fat stupid killers.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#115791 Oct 29, 2013
non believer wrote:
Right wing christian extremist are trying to turn America into a Nazi fascist government.
Back to school for you.... The National Socialist Party and the Fascism are Leftist Socialist governance... Both are examples of the End Result of Left Wing socialization of a populace of imperfect peoples.... With Imperfect peoples socialism always falls to totalitarian rule...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115792 Oct 29, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're advocating that Bible studies be restricted to just the teachings of Jesus?
The Old Testament tells us of Jesus's coming.
The New Testament confirms his arrival.
That,in spite of the nonsense spouted by former monokers as UMM and Yiago.
I am assuming that they are still here ,using other monikers and you may well be one or both of those.
So, it makes me no difference which is taught.
Those parents who oppose having it taught to their children should be given the opportunity to have their children withheld from attending those classes.
They should be made available only to those who wish to attend.
non believer

Rancho Cordova, CA

#115793 Oct 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to school for you.... The National Socialist Party and the Fascism are Leftist Socialist governance... Both are examples of the End Result of Left Wing socialization of a populace of imperfect peoples.... With Imperfect peoples socialism always falls to totalitarian rule...
Good reason to get rid of right wing religious extremist. Fascism using religious support trying to achieve their goals. Can fascism exists without religious support?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115794 Oct 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel, for one example, is documented though out history, to have been the "hot seat" of many "quests of conquer" as far back as the MacAbees.
And NOT over religion-but moreso over POLITICAL quests for ruling power, greed etc.
Just as it is NOW a days.
TRUTH-not distortions spewed to suit feed the sickness of ones own hatred against other beleifs.
Quite simply, Christians believe that Jews murdered Jesus, It's no wonder that the Jews have been the subject of intolerance, hatred and murder since the early years of the Christian Church. This led to anti-Semitism becoming an integral part of Christian doctrine.

The demonising of the Jews can be seen in the Gospel of John.

The Church passed various laws and enactments which stripped away any rights that the Jews had. Christians accused the Jews of the most vile and evil crimes, leading to the insane idea of the "blood libel" - something so evil and twisted it could only have come from the Christian Church.

Try looking up "Host Desecration" if you want a laugh at further Christian stupidity and ignorance. We all know the cannibalistic side to those Christians who genuinely believed that the crackers they would eat transformed into the body of Jesus. Such was the level of Christian insanity that they believed the Jews would want to torture these crackers in an attempt to hurt the body of Christ.

Both the Blood Libel and the Host Desecration led to the deaths of thousands of Jews.

Didn't the Catholic Church charge the entire Jewish people with deicide? I'm sure that would have fired up even greater levels of hatred in those christian heads.

No wonder Hitler targeted the Jews. He was simply taking the hatred and murderous intolerance of the Christian Church to new levels of insanity.
non believer

Rancho Cordova, CA

#115795 Oct 29, 2013
In general, christofascism refers to the notion that christian extremist is not so much a religion as it is a political ideology that in many ways resembles "fascism" (i.e. the modern common definition of fascism which equates it with totalitarianism, as opposed to the original capital-F Italian-style Fascism).

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115796 Oct 29, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and that's why we have Southern Baptist which I'm sure some of these posters belong to that religion. They split because they said the bible allows them to have slaves. Oh yeah, and because they didn't want their women voting.
Got to love the bible, you can use t to justify anything you want. What a joke.
It amuses me when you see people quoting the bible to justify denying gays equal rights. I find it particularly ironic when it's a black pastor who is doing it.

The pastor probably doesn't realise it but he's doing exactly what pro-slavery campaigners did to justify denying blacks freedom from slavery.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115797 Oct 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one claiming that it was a consortium of God's that created the Universe.
I disagree with that conclusion , however , it makes much more sense ,than your previously held ,inane,illogical ,nonsesical ,illconceived ,devoid of intellect and eunuchized belief thatNothing created something out of nothing ,thereby spontaneously creating the Universe and life as we know it.
Now ,another Brit atributes all this nonsense to the Law of Gravity.
This gibberish surpasses the bounds of magic , Science Fiction and indicates that said individual has become lost in the State of Insanity and is unable to find his way out.
In your travels ,if you happen to run into him , throw a net over him and turn him over to the British Psychiatric Association.
They have posted a reward for anyone who apprehends him.
just tell him you are taking him to the Atheist Church in London
where Bon Jovi will be performing..He will eat that right up,as have many other atheists. If you need more entertainment , call me.
I do a mean version of La Bamba.
para bailar a La bamba , se necesita una poca de gracia,
Pa mi y pa ti , arriba y arriba por ti sere,por tisere,porti sere,
Bamba, bamba ,bamba ,bamba.
Bon Jovi? Lightweight poodle pop. They'll never rock like Deep Purple.

Yeah, I did say it was a consortium of gods. Not because I believe it but because I knew you would insist it was just the one.

Furthermore, you can't justify your reasoning for there being one god with any cod logic. We all know the only reason you assert there is one god is because the bible says so.

Which also happens to be the reason why you believe that our reality was put together by magic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr Jackie 28,180
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 2 hr USAsince1680 6,474
dirty state police 4 hr Watch it 12
|keep a word, drop a word game| (Jul '11) 5 hr Jackie 476
Word Association (Aug '11) 5 hr Jackie 8,914
Add-A-Word(tm) (Oct '09) 11 hr Visitor Bob 303
4 Letter Word Game (Mar '11) 12 hr OMyU812 2,154

Pikeville Jobs

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages