Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148860 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#115051 Oct 20, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>r
That's right it's a choice as an elective and a lot of parents take their children to Sunday school and drop them off now if they have some affiliation to the church but those parents that don't know a church could still allow their children the benefit of learning of God and Christ in the words of the bible if it were available at school.
Only those who are following after the evil one or their own irrational fears would oppose the freedom we have to learn of the gospel wherever it is spoken of even in schools.
Our schools teach of mans ethics which will fail as we have seen but God tells of saving us through Jesus who is the light, the truth and the way.
The bible tells of love and forgiveness for those who believe in faith in god but those who oppose God and hate will reap what they sow, just as we can see as they oppose us even now, when they spew their hateful misguided words.
Well god did create Arakis to train the faithful. One cannot go against the word of god. Were hemorrhoids a punishment? Of course they were it is written in the holy texts.

“There is no god.”

USA

#115053 Oct 20, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
She believes that nonsense.
It's no wonder she's so frightened.
Poor thing.
Religion creates the fear, then offers a cure for it.
What a racket...
"Religion creates the fear" and hate.

“Anyone who attempted to construe a personal view of god which conflicted with the church dogma must be burned without pity.”
pope innocent III

Love from the innocent.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115054 Oct 20, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't hold your breath.
And thanks I agree "there are no gods".
Your advice to Khatru not to hold his breath is appropriate.
That bad habit of his has caused a lack of oxygen flow to that malfunctioning remaining cell which has further eroded his mental abilities.
And you are right , There are no Gods , there is one God.
And that God is so deeply imbedded in your subconscious that , regardless of your futile efforts to deny him , you can not get him out of your mind , continuously , incessantly and without pause,talking and writing about that which your misguided mind tells you does not exist.
Your incessant concocted denials are made null and void by the fact that you can not stop thinking and talking about that which you claim is nonexistent

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#115056 Oct 20, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ask a question they can not answer and throw in big words like thermodynamics they will soon start posting that you are persecuting them.
I think any atheist will always try to answer a question posed by another person , regardless of the question.

Often, we'll answer it quite satisfactorily.

It's safe to say that atheists really dislike walking away from a question posed and not being able to satisfy it.

It's one of our many good qualities.

Try asking a believer any question that requires them to consider their thinking and the discussion will soon collapse as they do their best not to answer the question by moving the goalposts to an "only I can understand it" schtick.

If it can be understood by one, it can by all, no faith required. Science illustrates that concept quite nicely.

Its unusual for an athiest not to answer questions or to explain why they think the way they do. However, people like curious and YaA do their utmost to avoid answering the question at all costs.

Which is why they never refute any of the posts from non-believers.

“There is no god.”

USA

#115060 Oct 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I think any atheist will always try to answer a question posed by another person , regardless of the question.
It's safe to say that atheists really dislike walking away from a question posed and not being able to satisfy it.
Try asking a believer any question that requires them to consider their thinking and the discussion will soon collapse as they do their best not to answer the question by moving the goalposts to an "only I can understand it" schtick.
If it can be understood by one, it can by all, no faith required. Science illustrates that concept quite nicely.
Its unusual for an athiest not to answer questions or to explain why they think the way they do. However, people like curious and YaA do their utmost to avoid answering the question at all costs.
I disagree with you on that. There are atheists I have had conversations with that are no less religious in their "beliefs" and twist posts to suit their purpose. It is a human thing. No belief or non-belief required.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115063 Oct 20, 2013
Subconscious thoughts that occur to Atheists before they fall asleep and when they awake.
Atheist lament

I can't get you out of my mind
You're imbedded there for all time
You ,I try to deny , But hard as I try,
I post about you all day long
My subconscious tells me I am wrong
Deep down , I hope you will deliver
and convert me into a believer

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#115065 Oct 20, 2013
curious wrote:
Subconscious thoughts that occur to Atheists before they fall asleep and when they awake.
Atheist lament
You're imbedded there for all time
You ,I try to deny , But hard as I try,
I post about you all day long
My subconscious tells me I am wrong
Deep down , I hope you will deliver
and convert me into a believer
You're projecting about yourself converting to Islam.

List of converts to Islam from Christianity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115068 Oct 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you found it , why not enlighten us with the location?
Is it a national secret , does revealing the location threaten national Securuty or is it a concoction made up of a Witches brew?
Der killen ander vanneldoff
It's hardly a national secret, but if WitW declines to disclose her home town or the root of the controversy, I'll abide her wishes. It isn't my fault you don't pay more attention to your local events. I'll give you this - if you want to scroll back 2 or 3 thousand plus posts, I'll bet you can find the post where she named it. Have at it, Bonzo.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115070 Oct 20, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
You unbelievers bring up things you know from what your father the devil had his hand in, but believers know the things of God from Christ and the Holy Spirit and together fellowship in Gods love and abide in it through Jesus Christ.
You who oppose the goodness of God can only squirm in your own evil thoughts, while we who believe in Christ shed his perfect light in the darkness exposing your limited tactics and the useless worldly strife you display in you words.
You suffer from the deliberate and woeful misunderstanding that Christians are the personal and corporeal representatives of a supreme deity. By singular or by entirety, Christians are not God. Opposing superstition and ignorance via religion doesn't in any way "oppose the goodness of God" and I dearly wish y'all would stop prattling your sophomoric dogmatic drivel from His coat-tails.

Cambridge, UK

#115071 Oct 20, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you on that. There are atheists I have had conversations with that are no less religious in their "beliefs" and twist posts to suit their purpose. It is a human thing. No belief or non-belief required.
Fair enough, I'd be a liar if I said that I hadn't encountered the sort of non-believer you refer to.

Although in my experience, when compared to the number of believers who do the same thing, they are very much in the minority.

Cambridge, UK

#115072 Oct 20, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No ,you err again.
You made a mistake when you became an atheist and your subconscious ,since that time , has been trying to point out the error of your ways.
Do not blame me for your mental deficiencies.
You chose to be numbered among the fools.
happy April the 1st to you and yours
As a Christian you're practically a Muslim.

Fact: Christians and Muslims believe in an invisible sky pixie.

Fact: Both Christianity's and Islam's holy books contain many of the same myths and mythological characters.

Fact: Both Christians and Muslims believe in a load of crazy rituals that amount to so much superstitious mumbo jumbo.

Fact: If you already believe in one lot of ancient superstition, it won't be difficult for you to convert to another.

Hell, you're just a camel and head scarf away from being a Muslim

Cambridge, UK

#115073 Oct 20, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
You unbelievers bring up things you know from what your father the devil had his hand in, but believers know the things of God from Christ and the Holy Spirit and together fellowship in Gods love and abide in it through Jesus Christ.
You who oppose the goodness of God can only squirm in your own evil thoughts, while we who believe in Christ shed his perfect light in the darkness exposing your limited tactics and the useless worldly strife you display in you words.
Why are you twisting the words of the bible?

When Jesus referred to the devil being people's fathers, he said it was the Jews - not unbelievers.

Be careful, your god has killed millions for doing a lot less than what you've just done.

Cambridge, UK

#115074 Oct 20, 2013
curious wrote:
I have noted that if something is posted that smashes into the Atheist mind they quickly move to have it deleted......
Shame ,shame double shame we all know who is to blame.
But , to show we bear no ill feelings,
happy April the 1sT...enjoy the holiday declared in your honor.
No mas pantalones
Se los quemamos
Fuego a a la lata
testa di cipolla
Now , back to the Football game.
God bless America.
down with King George and Richard Dawkins
Perhaps you should pray for America.

We all know that prayer works.

It worked fine for the 9/11 bombers who prayed to their god to ensure the success of their mission and by doing so, usher them into paradise.

Cambridge, UK

#115075 Oct 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You suffer from the deliberate and woeful misunderstanding that Christians are the personal and corporeal representatives of a supreme deity. By singular or by entirety, Christians are not God. Opposing superstition and ignorance via religion doesn't in any way "oppose the goodness of God" and I dearly wish y'all would stop prattling your sophomoric dogmatic drivel from His coat-tails.
"When I was a child, I spake as a child. I understood as a child. When I became a man, I put away childish things." - St. Paul, First Corinthians, 13/11

There you have it a scripture from the bible that clearly means religion is for children and should be dispensed with when one becomes an adult.

Perhaps these people are still to reach adulthood.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115076 Oct 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally . I refuse to answer questions based on nonsense or those questions that are based on a subject being taken out of context.
Also ,those who self proclaim themselves to have all the right answers , I kinda hold those people in disdain.
As I do ,those who , by their own admission, to show how shrewd they are,admit to constantly changing and posting under different monikers,as you well know.
The question that totally perplexes me is " Why would any sensible person would constantly discuss a topic about someone they claim never existed?
I have asked that question and have received a number of differently concocted answers.
None of them are sensible or logical.
I believe that it is an inherent desire to search for God.
Freud alluded to that mental condition.
You hate something you claim does not exist.You constantly blame and criticize a God you claim is nonexistent.
When confronted with that contradiction , you concoct incoherent
excuses for your behaviour.
To further complicate your quandry , you are of the belief that nothing created something out of nothing and by some inexplicable set of events we have a Universe ,the nonliving non intelligent came to life.....But no one can explain how.
Other than by some incredulous theory that can not be duplicated and for which no evidence exists.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#115078 Oct 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"When I was a child, I spake as a child. I understood as a child. When I became a man, I put away childish things." - St. Paul, First Corinthians, 13/11
There you have it a scripture from the bible that clearly means religion is for children and should be dispensed with when one becomes an adult.
When I was a child, I was taught to read from an illustrated Bible and the World Book Encyclopedia. Guess which one chewed up and spat out the other.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115079 Oct 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Christian you're practically a Muslim.
Fact: Christians and Muslims believe in an invisible sky pixie.
Fact: Both Christianity's and Islam's holy books contain many of the same myths and mythological characters.
Fact: Both Christians and Muslims believe in a load of crazy rituals that amount to so much superstitious mumbo jumbo.
Fact: If you already believe in one lot of ancient superstition, it won't be difficult for you to convert to another.
Hell, you're just a camel and head scarf away from being a Muslim
No , you are lacking in understanding.
I am a Christiann because I believe and trust in Christ.
That is a fact that the cobwebb filled mind of an Atheist can not grasp.
That is one of many reasons why your prattle brained questions are not answered.

Down with the Queen
Down with King George
Down with Richard Dawkins
May your tea and crumpets give you an upset stomach
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115080 Oct 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should pray for America.
We all know that prayer works.
It worked fine for the 9/11 bombers who prayed to their god to ensure the success of their mission and by doing so, usher them into paradise.
I always pray for America , as I am not an Atheist.
Moreover , I am grateful to the English for their contributions to the War of 1812 and the Revolutionary War.
They contributed to our success by losing both wars.
Down with Camilla Patrick Bowles
Long live Friar Tuck
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#115081 Oct 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go.
Now you know why your ignorance laced remarks and that of other Atheists go unanswered.
I do believe , based on the evidence you have provided that , if you were 3 times as smart as you are, you'd still be dumb.
Remember Valley Forge and Washington's crossing the Delaware , where the English met their waterloo
Knows Best

United States

#115082 Oct 20, 2013
We need to realize that God is not being introduced to children in many homes today and the offspring of that home needs to know that God is there for him/her in prayer. It was thought that God was only to be introduced in the homes and let's face it, that did not work, as you readily can see.

Solution to all the above would be to allow a moment of silent prayer each day for students, with no doctrines being taught. Allow the student to only hear about the Love of the" same God", who gave his son Jesus on the cross to bring us back to him which this country was founded on, not other gods who have come in that door since the founding of this Nation. 

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr Uncle Tom 32,362
Glen Hammond Ray Jones Round 2 1 hr why bother 18
Island Creek shooting 1 hr Nash 109
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 3 hr Icnoptnthis 7,321
Abortion is a human right. 3 hr an ugly world 15
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 3 hr Just curious 25,482
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 10 hr Noway Killery 2,218
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages