Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,857

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Mike Duquette

Clemmons, NC

#113734 Sep 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental note to self: Next time do NOT think Duquette would have sense enough to be credited for having any common sense...as he is stuck in the whine-duhm kiddie sandbox mode unable to blabber anything but "you a hypocrite" while pretending to "think".."yeah- that's the answer-they're all hypocrites".
Gotcha.
I call hypocrite when you are contradicting something you said. Of course you do not have enough sense to compute this, and just think I am saying it for no reason.
Try not being such a dick.
Common sense is a misnomer.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#113735 Sep 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental note to self: Next time do NOT think Duquette would have sense enough to be credited for having any common sense...as he is stuck in the whine-duhm kiddie sandbox mode unable to blabber anything but "you a hypocrite" while pretending to "think".."yeah- that's the answer-they're all hypocrites".
Gotcha.
Hypocrite seems so appropriate when you contradict what you say. Can you think of a better word? Sorry I do not have sentence long name calling tangents like yourself that have no actual application to the subject.
Common sense is a misnomer.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113737 Sep 29, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Your conversion from Mormonism, and Catholicism to Atheist says it ALL!
You didn't have a "Good" foundation to begin with!
No one that Truly knows what Christ did for us
could backslide as much as you!
One day... you're really gonna be pizzed at those
that built your foundation in the sand!
In other words, you have no answers to hard questions. Run chicken run.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113738 Sep 29, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Your conversion from Mormonism, and Catholicism to Atheist says it ALL!
You didn't have a "Good" foundation to begin with!
No one that Truly knows what Christ did for us
could backslide as much as you!
One day... you're really gonna be pizzed at those
that built your foundation in the sand!
So it's my parents fault? Maybe if the one true church had an ounce of evidence I would know they are not all false.
Maybe if Christians that claim they are correct were not giant assholes like yourself, I would think their was something good about Christianity. But your sad example of a human only ensures me that Christianity is false. Maybe try not being a hypocrite for one second and show yourself as an example. So far you fail, curious fails, Sista fails. You are just jerks.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113739 Sep 29, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
The Bible is True history, AND Prophecy of Man, God, and future events!
Every scoffer proves it!
Read, and understand...
The end is near, but God is nearer...
Get to know Him!
You'll be Glad you did!
Amen!
Every believer here proves god is myth.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113740 Sep 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was also nominated for the "Nobel" prize...gee just like our current poitus.
COMMUNISM STINKS.
Stick that on YOUR "hell fire" delusion soapbox-because us SANE, rational and logical people aren't buying THAT BULL!!
Here we go, the typical tea party republican comparing Obama to hitler. Next you will be comparing him to Osama like fellow theist/republican YaA.
Fanatics.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113741 Sep 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying you don't believe he's been a reg'd Ind voter for over a decade plus?
News channels are news channels-reporting all the same stuff-at least to those with a half a brain cell that can recognize the difference between news and opinion.
Just some of them have more pleasant all duh worlds a stage atmospheres and stuff.
10 in 3 ...taking guesstimates for a box of donuts LOL.
Over a decade? You mean he changed his affiliation? Likely due to being called out for lying about it.
Bill's opinion is a republican opinion. He patted Bush on the back for every move he made. He pushed the agenda for war in Iraq. He pushed the agenda for the patriot act.
At least Msnbc people complain Obama does not repeal it. Msnbc is liberal, but they don't cover for Obama on every move as fix did for Bush.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113742 Sep 29, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I call evolution a religion is because it takes a lot more FAITH to believe it with no evidence to support it than it does to believe in creation!
That is your uneducated opinion, and you have the right to that opinion. But the courts disagree. Evolution is evidence based. It is science.
Now you can send your kids to private schools that will deny them the teaching of what science has found if you wish. This sort of indoctrination works. It sure works in the Middle East.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113743 Sep 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooooooooooooohhhh....kind of like...oh...say... just because something touts/claims some "labelduhm label" doesn't mean squat diddly??????? Which is kind of the point of being a reg'd Independent for SOME anyway...as that "empty rhetoric" of the partisan, empty suit, politicians's, doesn't mean squat diddly --Especially dark age, STUPID "straight ticket" type voting based on nothing but dark age, STUPID, "straight ticket" labelDUHM label voting.
Because that kind of ignorance is just DUH..M. Duhm, Duhm, Duhm.
I have to give him credit, he sticks more to addressing "issues", rather than just lame brainedly attacking individuals per say, which I find to be rather NON-partisan.
Just stick to the damn issues.
And I might even read his book too, it sounds like it has some potential for being an interesting, insightful read...and reading IS Allowed here-because this is AMERICA-NOT CommieTic dictatorship land.
Funny, I noted Bill constantly diverts and uses personal attacks to do so. I have not watched him much lately. Has he changed? I guess now that Bush is out of power, he might actually talk directly about issues, instead of attacking the messengers.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#113744 Sep 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
So, at least he admits to being human-UNLIKE lying, hater people like YOU.
Kind of like saying-I don't like you, for good reason to me.
Don't like it-TOO BAD.
Now that you know that-
Stay the flock away from my posts and don't be stalking and harrassing.
In others words, let me talk and do not respond, just like Bill talking over his liberal guests.
Sorry but it does not work that way. Free speech. Why do you hate out freedoms?

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#113745 Sep 29, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witnesses publish a book titled:
Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?
Millions of people today believe in evolution. Other millions believe in creation. Still others are uncertain what to believe. This book is for all such people. It presents a thoroughly researched examination of how life got here—and what this means for the future.
Mr. "Spaceship" you would do well to obtain a free copy of this book, read it with an open mind, consider the information presented there and then make up your mind as to what really is a lie!
You can try going on line to www.jw.org/publications and see if the book is available on line-if not you can obtain a copy from any one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Thanks for your consideration.
Thanks for your kindly reply, rare these days of debating when you have a pitchfork_tic trolling others when debating. That being said you can see how evidence shows the dispute and lies others have bought into this thread by believing lies taught by others who have been indoctrinated with what they believe is the truth.

I don't blame you for not debating the other religious ones as you can see how they embrace paganism like a drug addict. So you can see how twist and turns of religious thinking can seem logical and true. Once you jump in it's very difficult to get out of a cult. It takes a open mind.

Anyone reading the "Life" book without the benefit of some background knowledge will be left with the seriously mistaken impression that the theory of evolution is in serious trouble in the scientific community, an idea which the authors try to support with quotes which are deliberately taken out of context.

Example appears on page 143 when zoologist Richard Lewontin is quoted as saying that organisms "appear to have been carefully and artfully designed" and that this is "the chief evidence of a Supreme Designer."

But Lewontin himself vigorously complained about this out-of-context quotation, explaining that the phrases were lifted from an article which was explaining that such "perfections" of design are often illusory and mistaken.

JW's call evolution a lie, and they proceed to claim that this is a lie created by Satan"

Life book says:
"We need to face the fact that the theory of evolution serves the purposes of Satan. "

I have to reject the book based on bias and misleading claims. Thanks for the recommendation I will pass.

http://atheism.about.com/od/evolutionreligion...

Who farted? It must be the troll_tic in the house_haters_tic.

Roseville, CA

#113746 Sep 29, 2013
Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness, by Diane Wilson.

For twenty-five years, Diane Wilson was an active member of the Watchtower Society. In the end, she was only able to finally leave after a great deal of difficulty and heartache. She recently published a book about both her experiences as a devout Jehovah's Witness and her experiences as a member of that organization who came to doubt its claims. She went through a very hard time, but perhaps those experiences will help others going through something similar.

Author Interview:

http://atheism.about.com/library/books/chats/...
Aquaintance

United States

#113747 Sep 29, 2013
Mohandas Ghandi wrote:
Which bible? There are several hundred different religions and interpretations of those religions.
But there is only 1 true God and one day every knee will bow before his Son Jesus Christ and acknowledge him. Even you. Just saying

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#113748 Sep 29, 2013
One good reason why you should not forget to pray,

To all the people a long the way who hurt me, lied to me and about me,disappointed me,broke my heart..
you unknowingly pointed me in the direction of my own north star. Without the messes,I would not have a message. You taught me more than you can ever take from me.

Thank you God-

for another beautiful day for opening my eyes & ears to see and hear'the goodness you have left here for us.Teach me more.

Joey & Rory- Inspired
Turning to the light

Joy & Rory - Inspired
Leave it There

http://www.rhapsody.com/#artist/joey--rory/al...

Roseville, CA

#113749 Sep 29, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witnesses publish a book titled:
Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?
Millions of people today believe in evolution. Other millions believe in creation. Still others are uncertain what to believe. This book is for all such people. It presents a thoroughly researched examination of how life got here—and what this means for the future.
Mr. "Spaceship" you would do well to obtain a free copy of this book, read it with an open mind, consider the information presented there and then make up your mind as to what really is a lie!
You can try going on line to www.jw.org/publications and see if the book is available on line-if not you can obtain a copy from any one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Thanks for your consideration.
Is this true or false?

Witness women who were disfellowshipped because they did not scream when a rapist attacked them. For much of its history the Society has had a doctrine that says if a woman is forcibly raped but doesn't scream,she hasn't been raped at all, but has committed fornication.

Roseville, CA

#113750 Sep 29, 2013
Known Fact might embarassed to give me a answer to my question. I found the information to save her from violating any rules that my cause her to be shunned by other JW members.

Watchtower 1964 January 15 pp.63-4 Questions from Readers:

"According to the Bible at Deuteronomy 22:23-27, an Israelite engaged girl threatened with rape was required to scream. What is the position of a Christian woman today if faced with a similar situation? Is she to scream even if an attacker threatens her life with a weapon?"-M. U., United States.

Watchtower response:

"Such Scriptural precedents are applicable to Christians, who are under command, "Flee from fornication." (1 Cor. 6:18) Thus if a Christian woman does not cry out and does not put forth every effort to flee, she would be viewed as consenting to the violation. "

Readers Question:

"But suppose the man had a weapon and threatened to kill the girl if she failed to lie down with him?"

Watchtower response:

"These scriptures do not weaken the argument or alter the situation by citing any circumstance that would justify her in not screaming. It plainly says she should scream; hence, oppose the attack regardless of the circumstances."

According to God's law an Israelite girl was under obligation to scream:

"In case there happened to be a virgin girl engaged to a man, and a man actually found her in the city and lay down with her, you must also bring them both out to the gate of that city and pelt them with stones, and they must die, the girl for the reason that she did not scream in the city, and the man for the reason that he humiliated the wife of his fellow man." If, however, the attack took place in a field and the woman screamed and thus tried to get away from the attacker, she was not to be stoned, since she was overpowered and there was no one to rescue her.-Deut. 22:23-27.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#113751 Sep 29, 2013
"Spaceship earth",
You seem to indicate that it is OK to violate God's law if the persons life is in danger example if a rapist has a weapon.
By the same reasoning the three Hebrews should have bowed down to a Babylonian image. After all the king threatened to have them burned alive in a fiery furnace.

Abednego (Azariah), along with his two Hebrew companions, was subsequently denounced before the king by certain Chaldeans for refusing to bow down to the king’s golden image in response to particular music.(Da 3:5, 8, 12) When they were questioned by the enraged king, their firm refusal to violate their conscience and their expression of faith in Jehovah resulted in the king’s having them thrown into a superheated furnace, where they were miraculously protected by God’s angelic representative. Following their release by the shaken king, and after members of the royal court saw that the three men had escaped unharmed, they were restored to royal favor.—Da 3:15-30
What is your response?

Roseville, CA

#113752 Sep 29, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
"Spaceship earth",
You seem to indicate that it is OK to violate God's law if the persons life is in danger example if a rapist has a weapon.
By the same reasoning the three Hebrews should have bowed down to a Babylonian image. After all the king threatened to have them burned alive in a fiery furnace.
Abednego (Azariah), along with his two Hebrew companions, was subsequently denounced before the king by certain Chaldean for refusing to bow down to the king’s golden image in response to particular music.(Da 3:5, 8, 12) When they were questioned by the enraged king, their firm refusal to violate their conscience and their expression of faith in Jehovah resulted in the king’s having them thrown into a superheated furnace, where they were miraculously protected by God’s angelic representative. Following their release by the shaken king, and after members of the royal court saw that the three men had escaped unharmed, they were restored to royal favor.—Da 3:15-30
What is your response?
Bowing down would be preferred rather than burning in a superheated furnace alive.

Now I have a question using that scenario.

Would you allow your children to be thrown into a superheated furnace for a horrible death for not bowing down to the pagan Chaldean God.

What is your response?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113753 Sep 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So it's my parents fault? Maybe if the one true church had an ounce of evidence I would know they are not all false.
Maybe if Christians that claim they are correct were not giant assholes like yourself, I would think their was something good about Christianity. But your sad example of a human only ensures me that Christianity is false. Maybe try not being a hypocrite for one second and show yourself as an example. So far you fail, curious fails, Sista fails. You are just jerks.
My ,my such a foul mouth.Sure you did not get that drom your parents . That type of lamguage comes from being an Atheist.
Yiago comes to mind,,,Wonder why?
But enough of that.
The Atheists that infest this website will be pleased to know that The National Atheist Association is lobbying the U.S. Congress
to name a National Holiday in their honor.
A committee selected jointly by the Senate and House of representatives have submitted a report whereby they suggest that April 1st be named a National Holiday in order to honor the Atheist Association request.
This suggestion is based on the wording of Psalm 14;1 The fool has said in his heart "There is no God"
and in the committees view , April 1st was deemed the most appropriate day in which to honor fools.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#113754 Sep 29, 2013
An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."
The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, "What would you want to talk about?"

" Oh, I don't know," said the atheist. "How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?" as he smiled smugly.
"OK," she said. "Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?"
The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies,
"Do you really feel qualified to discuss why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death, when you don't know shit?" And then she went back to reading her book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OMG Kentcky Power ro raise rates 12 % 1 hr old dude 29
Why do women fart during sex? (Nov '09) 1 hr skinny guy 291
Fancy Church on Marrowbone 2 hr John 2
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 hr lmao 19,977
Sheriff Charles Fuzzy Keesee 3 hr word on the street 31
cuba for all 4 hr kellerman 6
Pikeville Medical Center 4 hr strange 2
Is ISIS In America Imminent? 4 hr Obama Is A Fvcktard 41
Have any coal miner's heard from Mitch McConnell? 5 hr whisperinghope 111
Pikeville Dating