Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148905 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113031 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is hard, when I have zero people to debate here.
Oh well, that ought to tell you SOEMTHING.(like maybe you should try acting a little more humane, and respectful of others!)
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113032 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>But you did have to resort to name calling.
Now are you saying all that followed the direct demands of Deuteronomy 13 6-10 are the simplistic minded? Are you saying the scripture was metaphorical?
As always, I still think it's all STILL in the perception (or mispreceptions) of the reader.

But, NO, I don't think everyone followed those "demands" literally.

That would just be ludicrous.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#113033 Sep 12, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well, that ought to tell you SOEMTHING.(like maybe you should try acting a little more humane, and respectful of others!)
For some odd reason, you and Curious alike think you can belittle, disrespect, lie, and call people names, never produce a single thread of proof to that which you debate, but think your behavior is okay...Until someone turns it around on you... then you cry foul!
Hypocrite much
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113034 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So the recent wars are not worth discussing?
Lets break this down a bit. You supported the Bush wars, and you oppose the Obama conflicts(no wars). The reasons you give for the US needing to stop with the Obama conflicts is because you want the Muslims to just blow themselves up and we stay out of it.
Well I am asking, if this is the case, then why did the Bush wars not follow that rule of yours?
That's not what I stated.
Could you please at least stop twisting and distorting everything into some delusional fog of your own misperspections?

I stated I supported the actions following 9/11 when America was Attacked, as direct results of situations with Kuwait, Saddam, and then bin_laden et al, because we were attacked.

I oppose the "bully TacTics" of dictatorish, thuggish, war seeking of dark age bomb lobbing type actions that we have seen over the psst few weeks in regards to Syria (and Libya), because neither Syria or Libya attacked America on the northern continent. WAY unlike 9/11. Not even remotely similiar.(this does not include Benghazi, which was also a prime example of foreign policy failure.)

Bush at least followed American policies on handling situations such as the current ones correctly-UNlike the current administration of gestapo type want to be's, until it decided it was in their own, as well as America's (land of the PEOPLE of electorial DEMOCRACY) best interest, to do so.

We don't have policies IN PLACE, here in the USA, such as the WAR POWERS Act, just for the chits and giggles of them.

Not my rules-just the civil LAWs and codes of America in generla.

So please stop trying to scapegoat your hatefulness and vileness onto others as well.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113035 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe if the right wing did not cry "waging the dog" when Clinton started bombing the Bin Laden sites, he would not have eased back on him. But their are a lot of "what if's", and I am not letting Clinton off the hook either. What if Regan had not helped Bin Laden organize, fund and weaponize his crew? Maybe Bin Laden would have been taken out by the Russians. But none of this has anything to do with Obama. Obama was the guy who focused on Bin Laden and the results showed it worked. Bin Laden was taken down in his administration. Obama was not as slack as Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, or Bush Jr., on Bin Laden.
bin_laden was merely one person.
Certainly no reason what so ever, to even begin to think that the "problem" was "solved".
(as we see in Syria)
You sound as if you would like people to worship this potus.
Not gonna happen. Not ever. Not with any potus.
That's just plain NUTS.

United States of America

#113036 Sep 12, 2013
Hey Curious. Since you are so enthralled in my life, put me down for 10 hrs. work today! For your inquiring mind... yes it did rain today, but came in after log-out time. Anything else you wanna know, don't be afraid to ask. It gives me great pleasure schooling you and Sista on your ignorance
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113037 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Back to the name calling? You did so well last post. Short lived.
Did I say anything about your stance on religious freedom? Nope, I spoke of the god you worship and his stance on religious freedom. Try reading a bit more carefully.
And I asked you if you'd been having a conversation about religious freedom with the frog in my back yard.

I named him God.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113038 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>My bad, looks like I read your post wrong. I see you now claim a frog as your god, so you can avoid the passage of Deuteronomy showing how the god of the bible is against religious freedom.
But of course we all know this frog is not the god you worship.
Look me up when you are ready for an honest debate.
You wish for a book that hates religious freedom to be taught in schools.
A book is an inanimate object.

Witch hunting, pitchfork carrying hedonist.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113039 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The very next post you had to show your hypocrisy.
Self-righteousness (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, and holier-than-thou attitudes[1]) is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority[2]
You are claiming I am "lacking in ethical attributes" yet cannot see that this is display of moral superiority?
I see you trying to exhibit all of the above in yours.

Quite repetitively even.

Ready to move above the manure piles of childish, ignorant sandbox levels yet?
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113040 Sep 12, 2013
curious wrote:
Something about Putin I was not aware of;"That's what makes America different," the president said. "That's what makes us exceptional."
Seizing on that, Putin said: "I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism.... It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation.... We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord's blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal."
It wasn’t until the double-whammy of 1) his wife’s car accident in 1993 and 2) a life-threatening house fire in 1996 that Putin began questioning his atheism. During a vulnerable moment before Putin departed for a diplomatic trip to Israel, his mother gave him a baptismal cross. He said of the occasion:
I did as she said and then put the cross around my neck. I have never taken it off since.1
Now, Putin has become a bit of a zealot. He seems to want to reestablish a pre-Soviet combination of church and state, saying:
First and foremost we should be governed by common sense. But common sense should be based on moral principles first. And it is not possible today to have morality separated from religious values.3
Furthermore, Putin has proposed compulsory religion and ethics classes for Russian students.4
It does seem that God does work in mysterious ways.
What can we make of all of this?
Very interesting!!!
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#113041 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>In case you have not noticed, I bud into most every conversation. Sue me.
LOL, I will ,but I don't know which of your monikers to sue.

Lodi and Chrome are out and about mugging little old ladies when they get their SS checks. so I know they are broke.

Witch inthe Woods hasn't traded in her broom in years , for lack of funds.
Possibly , I should sue your moniker Q . He supposedly has a collection of motorcycles and a picture album.
That collection may be worth all of $50.00
Naah , I won't sue.
Why don't you just learn to mind your own busines and we won't need to have this conversation again..RIENDOME/ CATAPLUN....
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113042 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds as if you and Putin are promoting a theocracy. Scary.
But he is right about claiming being exceptional. Obama got a lot of grief from republicans not claiming America was exceptional, so I guess he caved to their pressure. He should tune their crap out sometimes and stand true to his real feelings. Hypocrisy always makes you look bad.
And hypocrisy makes you look bad as well, as does repeatedly just slinging idiotic names at others.

But anyway, it's a lot LESS scary now, and may be even actually productive (hopefully) in REALLY resolving some Issues via ways of SANITY and DECENCY, with integrity and Ethics--FAR SAFER and kinder for ALL of humanity, now that some actual DIPLOMACY and intelligence has found it's way to Geneva and related talks, rather than bomb lobbing bully tacTics of dark age babaricness.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113043 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> "Self-righteousness (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, and holier-than-thou attitudes[1]) is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority[2] derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person."?
YEs, and you can stop pretensing and pretending with it now.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113044 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Name them.
I don't think the statement inferred to any reference of enumeration.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113045 Sep 12, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Deuteronomy 13:6-10
New International Version (NIV)
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying,“Let us go and worship other gods”(gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
NOPE. That was NOT the page that was melded to the metals of 9/11, in the museaum display.

Geez duhmmy, you did NOT even TRY and look that one up did you.

(That type of stuff doesn't work on me anyway-I'm just second generation Canadian-Native American...and North America is NOT the continent of pharoahs)
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#113046 Sep 12, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Hey Curious. Since you are so enthralled in my life, put me down for 10 hrs. work today! For your inquiring mind... yes it did rain today, but came in after log-out time. Anything else you wanna know, don't be afraid to ask. It gives me great pleasure schooling you and Sista on your ignorance
Enjoy your delusions. Because that's what the are.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#113047 Sep 12, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
So it rained today. That's why you are all wet....

United States of America

#113048 Sep 12, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So it rained today. That's why you are all wet....
laughing...was that meant to be some sort of burn? I didn't get wet Curious. It came in AFTER LOG-OUT...I was already in my Truck. Go ask your buddy Mantle about being all wet, if you can find him in your neighborhood, there's lots of windows in Florida. I know..., since your IQ drops every time you post, just bend over to pick it up while saying Fk me, and mantle will come a running!
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#113049 Sep 12, 2013
Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Stay by these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you.—1 Tim. 4:16.
Like Jesus, we always need to be alert, watching for opportunities to share what we know about God’s Kingdom. Each such opportunity is precious, and we do not want to squander any. Lives are at stake! Jesus knew something else that led him to remain watchful. He knew that Satan was determined to tempt him, to persecute him, and to break his integrity. That vicious enemy was always watching for “another convenient time” to put Jesus to the test.(Luke 4:13) Jesus never let down his guard. He wanted to be ready for any test, be it temptation, opposition, or persecution. Cannot much the same be said about us? We know that Satan is still “like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.” That is why God’s Word exhorts all Christians:“Keep your senses, be watchful.”—1 Pet. 5:8

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#113050 Sep 12, 2013
Shields up! Scientists work to produce 'Star Trek' deflector device.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/27/world/europe/st...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Floyd tackett still live around pikeville ? 9 min Jerks 4
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 53 min IND 32,374
Buffalo Wild Wings is open 1 hr Restaurant critic 5
judge in conn case pleads guilty! 1 hr Clean the mess 9
2nd AMENDMENT Prevails 4 Island Creek Shooter !... 1 hr legal eagle 2
Man found in pikeville 1 hr legal eagle 4
Island Creek shooting 1 hr legal eagle 122
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages